- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Avengelyne
AvengelyneMember Since 03 Sep 2009
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 02:51 PM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 725
- Profile Views 22190
- Member Title Junkie
- Age 22 years old
- Birthday August 19, 1992
Posted Thaya on 16 May 2015 - 04:37 AM
1. game hackers vs game developers is a game of cat and mouse. there's an infinite amount of ways to detect an injection even just within the client, let alone with a tool like warden. the most important thing about warden isn't in its code - it's in the license agreement that comes with it, which makes literally every single form of cheat detectable in theory (and within law). it's very well possible that every single account that ran hb is flagged in some way, we just don't know about it because anti-cheat bypassing is purely reactive - a bypass is done only when accounts start to drop. there's a reason none of these programs claim to be 'completely safe', it's simply impossible. the reason there are online logins in the first place is to prevent people from running it on patch days or anti-cheat updates, the monetary element came in later. it's also the reason bans are done in waves. you'll understand exactly whats going on if you read up on how VAC/VAC2 works - just that blizzard isn't as active at banning flagged accounts as valve is.
2. hb banwaves happened literally ALL THE TIME throughout these years. you just don't know (or don't care) about them for two reasons: they were targeting the gold selling business, and these banwaves became more or less a normal part of running business. when someone who runs a gold farming joint loses 100 accounts or whatever, he simply buys 100 new accounts right away. that's basically the only cost of running said business anyway - the only other one is buying the hardware required to run so many bots, which is a one time investment. the shit is so profitable that losing 100 accounts is basically nothing, so nobody cares and blizzard gets easy money while doing damage control. this is all on the surface, you just have to lurk your forums more to know about this. i'm not some behind the scenes insider sharing secrets or anything.
3. cheating/hacking enthusiasts will always exist because reverse engineering/hacking things is just fun as fuck for us geeks, and various shady black market shit will exist as long as there is demand for them as well. these are a given. however, "normal" players using something like this and on such a scale is a completely different phenomenon, especially within a mmorpg. what makes it different compared to other online games is that the intent of aimbotting/maphacking/scripting/etc is clear - to win. in wow, most people botted for gold (for themselves), to level new chars, or to perform rotations for them (in pve, good ol' pqr). none of these are directly malicious or toxic, and if you've ever wondered why they let the whole hb thing run in the masses for so long, then this is your answer - it simply didn't do that much damage where it matters, however it was a wonderful opportunity for them to analyze and study the "problem areas" of their game. imagine you're a dev and a very significant part of your playerbase is literally ready to pay for a 3rd party tool to work around your shitty designs? yeah, quite fucking interesting isn't it.
diablo 3 is an example of a game that learned from the way people cheated in it, and as a result we have an "action RPG" game with LITERALLY zero player to player trading possible - something most of the community wouldn't even believe in at all a few years ago, considering that d2jsp was basically a core element of what diablo 2 online was in its prime (let alone the maphacking). people cheered when the D3 AH was announced, remember? "its d2jsp in-game, this is fucking great!" what a disaster did that shit turn out to be. yet, this new tradeless approach actually improved the game (and the genre) tenfold, as well as basically eliminated botting cuz why the fuck would anyone bot. some posts here already implied that 'the game oddly feels more fun now' - it's for a reason. you guys realize they revamped the entire way gold is earned (you basically never benefit from straight up farming anymore, its just garrison mat shuffling and professions) and revamped the entire leveling heirloom system, right? they didn't do it for you to keep fucking botting, you know. the devs want you to experience their game.
4. whats happening now is simply their way of saying "we feel like you should stop using 3rd party tools as we've worked hard on the core problems". in fact, they have said exactly this a little while ago - what was it, like, 2 months since there was a GIGANTIC blue post about botting and cheating? it was literally a 6-7 paragraph wall of text, and we even had a thread about it here on AJ. if that's not a decent verbal warning and a HUGE FUCKING HINT, then what is? honestly, it's funny how i skimmed thru most of this thread and haven't seen a mention of that blue post. people obviously refused to understand words, so devs had to take action. the only way for them to scare the average "normal player hb user" away from hb is to give hb a reputation of something that can realistically get you permabanned - and this is exactly what they did. people will now think twice about it - did you see all those "wts hb lifetime license" threads on trade forums? they're selling them for 1/10th of the price, its funny as fuck. all of you who are banned are just collateral damage and you all have been verbally warned forefront, that's what makes it so hilarious to gloat at your misfortune.
the bans being 6 months rather than permanent is just blizzard being soft and kind enough to forgive your stupidity, it's really nothing to do with subscription numbers or money because 6 months time is at least 2 earning calls - they obviously don't mind your shit being banned going into their public stats. they just didn't want to permaban actual players' mains, but make hb really scary to use at the same time. words and 72h bans apparently didn't work (72h's were fairly common if you check forums), so here we are... 6 months is a long time, but isn't forever. also, it wouldn't surprise me if every single banned account had hb used on it at least once AFTER that blue post, and those who dodged the banwave are people who just didn't bot in several months. from what i know from the people i talked to about this, it seems to be precisely the case. so, if you bumped into that big blue post (it was even mmo-c frontpage in a separate newspost) but consciously decided to ignore it, then you really have only yourself to blame.
5. pvp is the last thing they care about, but they do care about it still. cheaters (that used it in arena) being directly hit by this is obviously good, but this might have some more positive side effects like there being less fotm shit, just because you can't grow fotm shit while afk anymore (newsflash: you were never supposed to be able to). perhaps they will rethink the mistakes they did in random battleground design that eventually made them android wars. speaking of random battlegrounds, i've seen several people on trade chat being all like "bgs are 10 times more fun now" - that's interest to pvp right there. pvp is obviously not that high of a priority in their dev process, but you might see an improvement here because the entry-level pvp isn't completely fucking broken anymore.
6. not everyone that smoked weed has done meth, but everyone that done meth has smoked weed. can't believe how basic logic is so very tough to grasp for some of you
hope this helps
enjoy leveling with new heirlooms
or your new account lol
Posted Dills on 10 May 2015 - 12:42 AM
What to expect: 3k MMR Thugcleave games from live with schoolboyboo (610 iLvL alt rogue) and games from GCD #10 in which we were the champions
1) The Glitch Mob - Our Demons
2) Helios - Velius
3) Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass
4) Karmin and Watsky - No Flex Zone
Special thanks to all my partners, my brother Jason for playing with me, and all my great friends who helped me out with this video and suggestions.
Hope you all enjoy: http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=244483
Posted Glink on 01 May 2015 - 05:45 PM
And as always, you have my number, so feel free to call or text me if you ever need my emergency help in the middle of a game, or want to sit and chat with my late night about hunters .
Posted Dhorothy on 01 May 2015 - 04:42 PM
Posted Dmachine on 02 March 2015 - 04:40 AM
Tournaments every Friday and Saturday at 9pm EST at Twitch.tv/GCDTV
(G)lobal ©ool(D)own TV was created to form a community around 3v3 Arena's in World of Warcraft. A goal of ours is to provide quality gameplay that anyone can enjoy watching. If you have any suggestions or feedback to give to help us improve please feel free to tweet us @GCDTV_
We want to host a Tournament every week so if you're interested in watching 3v3 Arena with Live Commentary with a real prize pool at stake please share our Channel (Twitch.tv/GCDTV) and consider donating to increase our prize pools!
Follow the Channel to be Notified when we go Live
Tournament Starts Friday 3/6 @ 9:00 P.M. Eastern time 6:00 pm PST 3:00am CET
Semi Finals / Finals will begin Saturday 3/6 9:00 PM EST 6:00 PM PST 3:00am CET
- Single Elimination
- Best of 3 Rounds - Semi Finals will be Best of 5 Rounds and Finals are Best of 7.
- Tournament Gear is Allowed, but PvE gear is not.
- Only one Tank Spec Character per team.
- Current Rating of 2400+ of all players (on their mains) is Required to Sign up.
- 1st Place - 150 USD
- 2nd Place - 100 USD
- 3rd Place - 50 USD
All games will be live streamed at http://www.Twitch.tv/GCDtv with live commentary from TheBreaker and Dmachine. (Potentially Venruki)
Teams and Brackets will be announced on Wed
Tazzypoo of Church Ameno
Tazzlol / Druid - Resto
Squeakerx / Hunter - Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, Survival
Memphisrains / Warrior – Prot
Kappa / Paladin - Holy
Inviable / Hunter - Beast Mastery - Survival
Ilovemycatxo / Druid – Feral
rodger dodger 5-9
Easye/ Druid - Feral
Sponnergodx/ Mage - Frost
Fallennz/ Priest – Discipline
Xentrocity / Druid - Feral, Hunter - Beast Mastery
Cardboard / Rogue - Combat, Hunter - Beast Mastery
Majestic / Druid - Resto, Priest - Disciplline
Deffskatta / Priest – Disciplline
Soapy/ Death Knight - Frost
Maeyor/ Rogue - Combat, Warrior - Fury
Oak/ Monk – Mistweaver
Adm / Rogue - Combat
Booplesnoots / Mage - Frost, Monk - Mistweaver
Dannycarry / Druid - Resto
churchmouse /Paladin - Ret
Langbang / Druid - Resto
Precise / Rogue - Combat
Cocoapuffs / Hunter - Beast Mastery
Tacticq / Shaman - Enhancement
no point in juking lsp
Kønn / Shaman - Elemental, Restoration
Neverportx / Hunter - Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, Warlock - Affliction, Demonology
Htnt / Warrior - Arms
Nahj / Rogue - Combat, Subtlety, Mage – Frost
Tymillia / Rogue - Combat, Mage - Frost, Priest - Shadow
Shiftyzx / Druid - Resto, Priest - Disciplline, Shaman - Restoration
CMG / Priest - Shadow
Every kill begins with "k"
Dillypoo / Hunter - Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, Survival, Mage - Frost, Priest – Shadow
Aveng / Paladin - Ret, Holy
Kubzy / Druid - Feral, Boomkin, Resto
We'll Clutter Your Monkey
Jaybeezy / Paladin - Ret, Holy, Rogue - Combat, Subtlety, Assassination, Hunter - Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, Survival
Wollabare / Druid – Feral
Absterge / Shaman - Enhancement, Restoration, Paladin - Holy
Were just alright
Uwantheals / Priest - Disciplline
Shigaku / Hunter - Beast Mastery
Leafytoastyy / Paladin - Ret
Nessper / Rogue - Combat
Shapis / Warlock - Affliction
Pinkrangerz / Druid – Resto
Maldiva / Warlock - Affliction
sick em chimpoe
Balance / Monk - Windwalker, Warrior - Arms
Improvez / Paladin - Holy, Shaman - Restoration
Chimpoe / Death Knight - Frost, Unholy
Glinks / Hunter - Beast Mastery, Marksmanship
Zev / Paladin - Ret, Druid - Feral
Peter / Shaman - Restoration
Wutangrza / Paladin - Ret
Im in love with my ex girlfriend
Unafraid /Rogue - Combat
echoqt /Mage - Frost
driftkingz /Druid - Resto
Posted Noxnoxnox on 25 February 2015 - 09:37 PM
look me in the eyes and tell me I just did not get killed by my own shamans spirit link totem
Posted Thaya on 24 February 2015 - 05:50 AM
Posted Dhorothy on 23 February 2015 - 08:29 PM
Edit: Just realized it was your YouTube account, looked at your uploads, jesus christ man it's just a game. I actually feel really bad for you, sorry for making fun of you and your bracket, it's probably the only thing keeping you alive. Have a good one man.
Posted Dhorothy on 23 February 2015 - 08:19 PM
Posted Dhorothy on 23 February 2015 - 08:09 PM
Posted Dills on 07 February 2015 - 03:21 AM
Posted Capstone on 26 January 2015 - 04:44 PM
if you understand the universe of information that is arena and the arena community, though, and compare it to the information he's operating on, it is truly impossible to think that holinka (or to my knowledge, most blizzard developers) are adequate. if you were to confront holinka right now and ask him about a handful of the most important things about arena, how much light would he be able to shed? how many of your questions would he even be able to respond to with a level of accuracy that a random guy you meet who is telling you about powerleveling his leatherworking at his garry couldn't match?
let's take a sample of questions:
immediate issues with abilities and mechanics of classes that are most salient right now (right now, this is resto druids): this is an issue he'd be able to respond to with some accuracy from sponging information from high rated players
increasingly homogenized kits (despite claims of wanting to separate from this for years) and abilities that are totally non-interactive and counterintuitive (ice nova is a good example): i can't imagine a good answer to this question - i can't envision any scenario where any developer is able to adequately respond to the question, "why was ice nova ever in the game?" but you could chalk this one up to inertia, which i will tentatively accept
rampant cheating on ladders: i'm sure we're all familiar with the number of people who cheated (ddos, wintrade, etc.) last season, and i know most active players are aware of at least a handful of them. there are at least 40 cases where someone cheated for a rank 1 title last season alone that are practically common knowledge in the arena community. despite increasing the amount of time before titles were distributed, somehow practically nobody got reset. if i know, you know, most of the high rated players on this board and a significant percentage of the arena community as a whole (your everyday twitchgoers) are aware of the kuiloxes of the world, in what universe is the head of pvp development and communication doing an adequate job if he isn't also aware?
sales, etc.: here's another big one. i personally don't care about sales, i think if someone wants to buy a carry that contract is between them and the seller, but it's another common knowledge issue that's extremely easy to detect just buy checking their pvpratings graph or using your brain. most of the time, the people that buy the carries get reported by their jealous friends and presumably blizzard sends out an investigative team of GMs who eventually throw their hands up in the frustration of not being able to crack the sophisticated planes trains and automobiles code. still, an entire aspect of arena that largely goes unnoticed by the only group with any authority
the game is openly mocked by the people who abuse the system the most in the most public of venues. kaska played at the last blizzcon
if you consider the percentage of the high rated community who is aware of the most significant problems with the game mechanically and structurally, and that the lead developer is supposedly a paragon of communication through his twitter (which at this point may as well just be an alternate social media booster for the buffalo bills), it's kind of astounding how little information actually seems to be communicated
i also see a lot of people claiming changes are being made more rapidly than before. this was not my experience. i couldn't disagree with this more, really. the crossrealm arena individual ladder change was a great change they made in the middle of MoP. it was immediately followed by one of the longest seasons of all time, which was truly a full, 100% extension of the previous season with zero changes, totaling over a year of the same game. every pvp developer could have hypothetically not come into work. as i remember, changes were made much more frequently and responsively a long time ago
attached is a real screenshot i took less than a minute ago when i visited holinka's twitter
i can only imagine the confusion of someone who just started playing the game digging through those pictures of tony romo and plants trying to learn about which direction the game is going and emerging even more confused than they entered
Posted Dills on 04 December 2014 - 07:00 PM
How could you even think of defending your class in the current state of the game? Ret is OP (as fuck) and needs (serious) nerf. End of conversation.
If this goes on, only players you would compete against is best of your own class and that won't be so fun either just like what happend in begining of MoP when the ladder was just filled with kfc and other hunter varient. Disgusting.
He didn't say anything defending his class lol, he said he just wants ret to be viable, and if it keeps staying insanely broken he wants it to be toned down. He only mentioned that game pacing was different with everyone having full epics on beta (which it really was), and with people having blues the games are shorter than they normally were, which makes ret paladins even stronger.
Like do people not even read shit before they make full on assumptions lmfao, he didn't defend the class being broken at all, if you read it he's just not asking to have blizzard have s15 rets, he wants them to be viable and fit into the game, but obviously not have retards playing them and succeeding.
Edit: Also weren't you the guy that defended mop warrior 24/7 lmfao, why would you even post something like this