If you think this is the inflation system you're probably wrong. Blizzard would never inflate only one bracket. I've never seen anyone not join a 3s or 5s game.
Then how do you know that the "average MMR" of a 3's or 5's team isn't the same as these 2's teams?
I think you're misunderstanding this. We're not saying that the points you get when a team doesn't join is the mechanism for delivering MMR inflation, we're saying that it's an effect of MMR inflation.
It's not like the other team doesn't lose points for not joining a game, it's just like any other loss except that we get a glimpse of Blizz's MMR system as a result of the way their system works.
I want to start by clarifying that I have no personal animosity against Hunters. I am not the typical wow pvper who wants to see xxx class nerfed into oblivion because I have a long lasting hatred toward said class. Having said that, arena is totally unplayable currently because of Hunters. Yes it is unplayable; this is not an exaggeration. There is absolutely no chance of enjoying arena while hunters exist in their current state.
I am not making this post to whine about WOW or MOP. I prefer not to do such things. I am not going to make a long post about all the changes this game needs in order to have amazing pvp. I can deal with many absurd things happening in this game. I can deal with elemental shamans getting proc after proc and doing a ton of damage without casting. I can deal with mages not casting and doing crazy damage in a deep freeze. I can deal with feral druids hitting really really hard. I can deal with death knights having more trinkets than the pvp vendor. I can deal with a destro locks chaos bolt during their cds. I can deal with shamans having a 36 sec tremor totem. I can deal with psyfiend being extremely annoying. Clearly, there are many things in this game which present unique challenges. However all of the things listed above are avoidable and/or defendable. One of the key attributes among good players is their ability to counter imbalances such as these through the use of CDs, positioning, and coordination with their team.
That is the key point where Hunters step into a realm of God status. A Hunters arsenal is such that other players are entirely subject to the will of the Hunter. If a Hunter wants, he gets. If I beat a hunter team, it’s because he failed to beat me because of his mistakes. I didn’t beat him; he beat himself. I am being 100% serious here. With all that a Hunter can do, a loss on his part is his fault. Moreover, he could have done something different and there would be no way in which I could have beaten him. That is unacceptable. This is precisely why arena currently can’t be played seriously, and more importantly it can’t be enjoyed.
I won’t list all Hunter abilities. Rather, ill list the abilities or reasons why a Hunter is so governing.
1. The damage a Hunter does is far beyond high. This is the biggest problem with Hunters. The damage output they are capable of doing is not acceptable. It’s not healable in any way. You can’t stop it, and you can’t LOS it. Hilariously, the Hunter isn’t even the one doing most of the damage. His pets are the ones doing a majority of the damage, and those pets move like superman so you aren’t getting away. I am not sure why Hunter damage went up in 5.3, but it’s out of control right now in a big way.
2. Their control is instant, there is a lot of it, it’s ranged and it’s unavoidable. You can’t stop /cast [@focus] scatter trap, or /cast [@focus] pet stun thing, or /cast [@focus] silencing shot, and they can full trap off scatter or the pet stun OR the disengage 8 sec AOE physical root. Any hunter can land a full trap if he uses his disengage root, pet stuns a healer’s partner so they can’t eat the trap, or simply coordinates with his team. However he doesn’t even need a full trap for kills BECAUSE his damage is so damn high/instant/unavoidable. To make matters worse, they can Readiness and have access to scatter, trap and silencing shot yet again lol. In past expansions, if you ate traps, you could survive hunter cleaves. It’s truly sad but this is no longer the case. This just might be from a warlock perspective, but if I try to stand on my healer for the 3 secs scatter is on him, I’ll die before the trap even activates. Literally I have to gateway the instant they connect on me or I am dead. I can’t tell you how many times I have used my pet sac, unending resolve, fel regen and healthstone all right away, only to die through all of it as if I pulled a raid boss who one shot me.
3. The hunter isn’t controllable in any reliable way for the first few mins of a game. BM provides a trinket effect, they obviously have the regular pvp trinket, and they can readiness BM too. These are 3 ways in which the Hunter is able to free himself of any CC which enables him to assert his control and damage as he sees fit. If he wanted, he has other ways to avoid additional control attempts too, but I’ll just leave those out for now. Back to the point, you can’t stun a Hunters opener, or fear or blind it. He is going to be free period. This is a massive problem because he also has the other 2 arrows in his quiver as I mentioned above (his unreal damage and his puppet master like control). If the hunter wasn’t able to do insane damage to people, then he being free would be far less of a concern. If a hunter wasn’t able to control a healer so easily, reliably, and in a way that can’t be avoided, then him being free would also not be such an issue. However he does have all this damage and all this control, so giving him the ability to remain free to assert these things makes matters infinitely direr.
These 3 main issues combined are what make Hunters the problem they are now. 5.3 brought some changes that enable me to play my warlock in a way that is somewhat enjoyable now (I can actually do some meaningful damage). I would love to que 3v3 again, but every time I do there is an onslaught of Hunter teams who basically win by default. About 80% of all 3v3 teams have a hunter, so there is no escaping them. Additionally, it’s not just warlocks who get absolutely destroyed by these Hunter teams. When you are a God among mortals, you take everyone to pound town. NO class can really enjoy arena as long as Hunters stay like they are. I sincerely hope even Hunters themselves realize it can’t be fun like this. Lebron James wouldn’t go play basketball at the local gym because it’s not fun to play versus those who stand no chance at winning.
I challenge anyone to go watch some streams of 3v3. You will see how prevalent and utterly dominant Hunters are. Even vs. top players, they impose their will with little to no effort. I know blizzard isn’t a fan of pvp only fixes but I don’t see any other way in this situation.
Their damage needs to go way down, the BM trinket effect removed altogether, and their control must be reduced (maybe make a target immune to scatter if he has been silencing shot and vice versa). No class should have it all. If nothing is done about Hunters, this season is completely lost. There is no debating that fact.
Thanks for your support and consideration.
People like you are the reason no one bothers posting anything constructive on these forums. And by this I don't mean people with no titles, nor people who have premium-tag next to their name.
1. If you don't understand something, ask.
2. If you got no clue what you are talking about, think twice before posting nonsense.
3. If you lack reading comprehension skill, which is the case this time, just stop posting and accept that you are wrong.
PS: If you and your teamm8 both gem 1000 resilience and both have 4.20% damage reduction, it doesn't reduce the damage of your opponent team by 8.4%
But np, keep on adding those decimals, maybe 6 just wasn't enough LOL.
Use common sense, if you have any. EU premiumwarrior.
You see people quitting (or atleast threatning to quit) on a regular basis, this can be due to balance changes, not having the time or just overall boredom of the game. One of the ways Blizzard are trying to keep their customer attrition rate down, is by trying to make the game more alt friendly, giving players more stuff to do.
An alt friendly game, encourage people who are easily bored with their class, character or realm to keep playing, by rerolling to one of their other alts. I have faced the same problem a few times, and if an expansion is not on the horizon, I simply quit playing my character and spend time on something else, be it another game or spending time with friends (god forbid).
Right now when you reach 27.000 conquest points, you can buy all the other sets from honor (493-498 iLvl). This only applies to your character that has the achievement. Now, I don't have the time to play RBG or keep high ratings (not to mention, ensure being on a high pop realm and keeping 3 active 3v3 teams), meaning I am left with basicly 1 character that will be able to benefit from this. This means if I try to reroll, my alts will be severely undergeared, and they will be no fun to play and it will not be possible to migrate them in order to play with friends if you want to stay competitive.
Therefor, in order to try and give an extra incentitive (not only to earn a bit extra) but also to keep your playerbase (atleast within the pvp community) I would strongly suggest making this achievement account wide, meaning that all your other characters can farm the gear from honor, once you did it with 1 character.
Now, I can't really see the consequenses of this change, but perhaps some fellow AJ members could tell me why this might be a bad idea?