- Spellsteal's mana cost increased by 60%, in addition you will only be able to benefit from a stolen buff every 5 seconds.
- Prismatic Cloak moved to the second tier of the arcane tree.
- Torment of the Weak moved to the third tier of the arcane tree.
- Polymorph is now a 1.4 second cast, but unable to gain the benefits of passive haste, and only 40% of the effects of active haste.
- Frostfire Bolt now does 15% less damage.
- Impact now moved into the third tier of the fire tree.
- Improved Scorch now moved to the second tier of the fire tree.
- Frostbolt no longer benefits from mastery.
- Early Frost no longer decreases the cast time of frostbolt by .6 every 15 seconds, and now instead permanently reduces the cast time of frostbolt by .125/.25
- Shatter now increases frostbolts damage by 20% instead of exclusively vs frozen targets.
- Icy Veins cooldown reduced to 70 seconds. Duration decreased to 10 seconds.
- Fingers of Frost no longer increases damage done by Ice lance.
- Ice Lance damage increased by 8%.
- Deep Freeze now causes the target to become immune to freeze effects such as Ring of Frost for 5.5 seconds. In addition deep freeze damage has been decreased by 8%.
- Ring of Frost is no longer reset by Coldsnap
A quick overview of what these changes mean:
Starting off with the arcane tree mages won't be able to benefit from the buffs from spellsteal as often as we do know on top of not being able to spam it merely as much with the mana cost increase, and polymorph being castable in pvp for once, and the change ensures that in the future poly won't be a 1.1 sec cast like in wrath. The prismatic cloak change would be a nice way of getting us some passive mitigation, and a short out from a heavy focus.
For the fire tree the frostfire bolt nerf is part of the global burst damage nerf that I was thinking about for frost since it IS way too bursty, and no longer letting frost mages spec impact is somewhat needed since it's kind of a stupid mechanic for us.
And now finally the frost tree Frostbolt no longer benefiting from mastery means it's another 15% burst nerf like the FFB nerf, another part of the burst nerf being the ice lance which is 17% less damage from FoF lances which equals out to a 15.6% global burst nerf in exchange for more sustained damage from frostbolt.
Now onto the utility part of the frost tree, nerfed RoF (as needed) no more Deep Ring combos, and icy veins being usable more often, but in exchange for less up time, and coldsnap no longer reseting RoF.
The usual TL;DR
-Global burst nerf to frost (15.6%) in exchange for more sustained damage.
-Spellsteal nerf making it a lot less worth spamming.
-Polymorph being castable, but still easily interrupted in all seasons of arena due to the haste change (so no more haste abuse for uninterruptable sheeps in the later seasons).
-No more impact for frost.
-Deep Ring combo removed completely.
Best part of all of this?
PvE isn't affected at all. Frost DPS will go up by an amount that will be still lower than fire, and arcane but be more viable than before as blizzard seems to want it.