- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Creamo
CreamoMember Since 18 Apr 2009
Offline Last Active Mar 21 2014 09:14 PM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 836
- Profile Views 3829
- Member Title Member
- Age 36 years old
- Birthday January 31, 1978
Posted Capstone on 02 March 2014 - 03:17 AM
Posted djp771133 on 02 March 2014 - 05:33 PM
Posted Siuox on 27 February 2014 - 06:45 PM
I'll try to update the guide frequently. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
There are two talent setups.
I always use this one:
Most of the other Moonkins use this one:
I guess "the other moonkins" chose the first only against Castercleaves. Melby for example doesn't use Incarnation at all. You have to test the talents by yourself and chose what talents fit your playstyle the most.
II. In detail
Note: I only gonna explain my thoughts about the talents below.
Check out Lazerchickes guide if you like to have a another (different) POV, too.
- Displacer Beast is the best choice. It grants you great mobility.
- Wild Charge can be good against meeles on e.g. blade's edge. You can place a mushroom on top of the bridge, jump down and jump up again if the meeles are following you:
- Makro for this:
/target Wild Mushroom
/cast Wild Charge
- Cenarion Ward is the best choice, because you can use this talent not only for yourself, but also to help your teammates. You can also use Cenarion Ward when you are (blanket) silenced.
- Ysera's Gift's Heal is too random and not very noticeable. It only heals you for 2% due to battle fatigue, but used together with Nature's Vigil + Rejuvenation the "healing package output" is quite high.
- The t4 talent choice will impact your t3 talent choice, that's why I've put it first:
During the game you might also often have only 1 charge of the treants (maybe I just waste them idk) so you have to save it for root/beam situations and can't use it for peel anyway.
The root break quite fast, because you + your warlock normally have dots up on everyone.
If you want to use the treantroot to peel off meeles from yourself (?), you waste damage again and it has 20 seconds cooldown (the glyphed Nature's Grasp only got 15 seconds cooldown).
That are the reasons why I prefer Incarnation over Force of Nature. As always, test the two spells by yourself and decide what you prefer most :)
- If you chose Incarnation, you need Mass Entanglement to beam/root people. If you like cata gameplay you can also hardcast Entangling Roots + Solar Beam :) and chose Typhoon or Faerie Swarm.
- If you chose Incarnation, you can chose between Faerie Swarm and Typhoon. Mass Entanglement is not recommanded, because it has the same DR as the Treant's Root.
- Faerie Swarm is nice for kiting people. I don't like to use so many cooldowns for it.
- Typhoon is nice to interrupt casts or knocking meeles away when they are chasing you or your healer. I would chose typhoon if I were playing with treants
- I used to specc Mighty Bash, but Warlocks are able to specc Shadow Fury since last season which is the more powerful stun imo, because you can stun all enemies every 30 seconds. If you chose Bash, make sure you have a Diminishing Return tracker (e.g. activate the gladius dr tracker)
- Disorienting Roar does not share DR with any of your Ccs in LSD2. You can interrupt casts or use it to cyclone off it. e.g Roar Warrior → Cast Cyclone
- A problem is that your targets have dots up for most of the time, so it will only last ~1 second
- Vortex can be used to kill healers particularly shamans. Might be good if your teammate is a warrior who can stun/slow people
- I always use Nature's Vigil.
- I guess most of the other moonkins use Heart of the Wild against any comps with a meele and Nature's Vigil against Castercleaves.
- If you don't have the extra warlock cooldown from symbiosis, you might also go for Heart of the Wild. It is a huge defensive cooldown, if you use it together with Cenarion Ward or NS Healing Touch.
- You always want to use Glyph of Barkskin and Cyclone. The third one can be rotated.
- Using Nature's Grasp glyph against teams that contain at least one meele to root him constantly if they focus me. Don't use this glyph if you use Force of Nature.
- If I fight two casters + healer I'm using Glyph of Omens, because I don't need the shorter cooldown on Nature's Grace.
- Useful Glyph for RBGs (Stealth Incs etc.)
- I think the main reason for this glyph (for me atleast) is to use stampeding roar without cancelling starfall while bursting when you are trying to chase someone down who's running away from you. So without the glyph it will cancel your starfall if it's active - Sanative
Order to buy gear: 1. Shoulders 2. ProccTrinket 3. Weaopon 4. Offhand 5. Head 6. Chest 7. 8. Free for all
V. Reforging, Geming, Enchanting
- I'm using askmrrobot.com to get the best performance out of my gear
- I enter the simcrafted statvalues (Note: Haven't simed them for 550ilvl yet!!!)
- The values on the picture should be fine though. First: Edit your Weights. Second: press „Optimized“ and do what the robot suggests
- If you don't have full gear yet change the „HASTE SOFT CAP“ to 5273
Haste Cap Discussion
- 6% Hit > 10289 Haste > Crit > Mastery > (Haste above the cap)
- 6% Hit > 5273 Haste > Crit > Mastery > (Haste above the cap)
- 6% Hit > 6637 Haste > Crit > Mastery > (Haste above the cap)
Just take a look at the ladder.
- http://eu.battle.net.../Melby/advanced (6% Hit > 5273 Haste > Crit > Mastery)
- http://eu.battle.net...Ayrese/advanced (6% Hit > 6637 Haste > Crit > Mastery = Haste above the cap) not sure about his weights though :P
- http://eu.battle.net.../Аскич/advanced (6% Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery)
- http://eu.battle.net...nhotik/advanced (6% Hit > 10289 Haste > Crit > Mastery > (Haste above the cap)
Shoulders: 200 Intellect and 100 Critical Strike
Cloak: 180 Intellect
Chest: 200 Resilience
Bracers: 180 Intellect
Gloves: 170 Haste / 170 Mastery
Legs: 285 Intellect and 165 Crit
Boots: 140 Mastery & Minor Speed Increase
Weapon: Jade Spirit
Off-hand: 165 Intellect
Way to gem
Blue = 160 Crit + 80 PvP Power
Yellow = 320 Crit
Red/Orange = 80 Int + 160 Crit
Belt Bucket = 320 Crit
Way to gem 2
If you prefer Heart of the Wild over Nature's Vigil you might also gem Intellect. You trade ~ 3% Crit for ~ 1200 spellpower. I prefer to have 3% more crit.
Blue = 80 Int + 80 PvP Power
Red = 160 Int
Yellow = 80 Int + 160 Crit
Belt Bucket = 160 Int
Usage of Symbiosis cooldowns:
- Unending Resolve: Just use it as a normal defensive cooldown. Sometimes I'm using it to be able to hardcast starfire during my cooldowns, but this might be really risky if your enemies haven't used any cooldowns yet.
- Cloak of Shadows: You can use it to avoid being countered or as a defensive cooldowns e.g. to cleanse dots / avoid magic damage
- Anti-Magic-Shell: I used it to avoid being CCed during my cooldowns and to eat traps or avoid magic damage of course
- Moonkin + Rogue + Healer
- Moonkin + Warlock + rShaman
- Moonkin + Deathknight + rShaman
- Moonkin + Warrior + rShaman
- Moonkin + Mage + Priest
VIII. Damage Spells
It's hard to give any tips by just writing. I recommend to watch moonkin streams and to look exactly what they are doing, when they are doing something and how their positioning is.
This is our main nuke spell. Try to use them on your focus target, too. Most likely in situations where pressure is spread across at least one opponent. It will burn a lot of the healer's mana, because he has to „burstheal“ two targets. It’s also important to use focus starsurges during your cooldowns to spread damage on the whole team.
Try to put dots on at least your „focus“ target (the one you are dpsing) and the enemies’ healer.
In most cases you''ll try to put dots on everyone, especially during Celestial Alignment.
RBGS: I'm only spreading the eclipsed dot among the enemy team, but make sure to have one of the non eclipsed dot up. You dot like this in PVE. Have only tested it in 2 RBGs yet. But you'll have more time to nuke targets if you dont waste too many globals in spaming 4k damaging dots.
In this season you are gonna be more often able to cast one of these spells. Try to cast them as often as possible. Be aware that you cast Wrath during your „Sloar Eclipse“ (brown) and Starfire during your „Lunar Eclipse“.
Use your first starfall before you are using Celestial Alignment, because the cooldown will be resetted. Try to use it in situations where everyone has your dots up.
IX. Tricks and Hints
People will get annoyed if you cc them instantly during their cooldowns or when they try to setup sth. e.g. http://www.twitch.tv...nk1/b/506014289 (sorry for using you as an example) ~ 5h 56 min
- Don't try to heal all the time. More healsupport is needed if your healer is low on mana
- Try to CC enemies who have their 3 minute cooldowns up
- Try to pressure the enemies’ healer as often as possible (switch on him / use focus starsurges)
- Try to get as many Starfires/Wraths off as possible
- Always rebuff Mark of the Wild!
- Don't let healer go for a drink! Use your mushrooms to stop them
- Try to use innervate on your healer as often as possible
- Try to interrupt their goes on your healer. I'm always trying to instant clone or beamroot the mage when he deepfreezes/uses orb on someone
- Do the same if he uses alter time
- That said try to always use your beam defensively
- Put dots on their elemental
- No easy kill targets. You can maybe land a kill if dampening is up
- Kill his pet if he has one
- CC them during their Dark Soul → Clone / Solar Beam
- Good kill targets
- Put dots on their pet
- Put a Faerie Fire on them so they can't use Camouflage
- Try to eat their traps
- Not the best targets to kill
- Im using Nature's Grasp (+ Glyph) as often as possible to avoid at least some damage
- You have to support your healer asap if you are playing with a shaman and the dk uses asphyxiate. Cyclone / Beamroot the DK and heal your healer until he tells you that he's safe again
- Good killtargets in 2v2, maybe not the best ones in 3v3
- If they use their first grip on you, try to get away by using travel form. In most cases they will use their second grip. Now use Displacer Beast to get away again
- Kill the Gargoyle
- Always put a Faerie Fire on them
- Try to stop them from restealthing → use your mushrooms
- Instant CC them during Shadow Dance
- Use Disorienting Roar when they use Cloak of Shadows; if they open on your mates
- ALWAYS kill their Healing Stream Totems and Mana/Healingtide Totems
- Elemental and Enhancement Shamans are good kill targets
- Try to destroy their Healing Stream Totem before using Beam/Root
- Kill their Mushroom by meele hitting it
- Try to interrupt Tranquility
- Ferals are „okayish“ targets. Moonkins are nice ones. Restodruids take a lot of damage when you switch on them from time to time
- Retribution: Instantly CC them during their Wings. I NS Clone them → they will trinket in most cases → recyclone them / Bash them.
You just have to survive their cooldowns, otherwise they are not a great danger; good kill targets
- Holypaladins won't die if you don't oneshot them. That said most switches on a holypaladin are a waste of time. Just put them into a long CC chain
- Dot their Xuen (the „white tiger“)
- Put Healmonks into a long CC chain. Really hard to kill. Maybe you can oneshot them during cooldowns via focus starsurge spam :P
- Holy+Shadow: Faerie Fire them so they can't use Spectral Guise; good kill targets
- Holy: Go oom pretty fast; if you are not able to land a kill you should destroy the new Lightwell, but in most cases I don't try to kill it with LSD2. It has too much hp.
Use focus starsurges on them (you might be able to oneshot them during your cooldowns, at least force cooldowns
1. Focus Starsurge
/cast [@focus] Starsurge
Important to nuke healers, allows you to dps two targets more easily
2. (Focus) Beamroot
#showtooltip Solar Beam
/cast [@focus] Mass Entanglement
/cast [@focus] Solar Beam
Important for fast CC on the enemies’ healer. Buggy like Warrior Charge used to be
#showtooltip Solar Beam
/castsequence [@focus] reset=2 Force of Nature, Solarbeam
/cast [@focus] Solar Beam; Solar Beam
thx to Neoh (also check out his vid in the comments below)
3. Focus Cyclone
/cast [@focus] Cyclone
4. Dispels for your Team
/cast [@“YourDPSMate“] Remove Corruption
/cast [@“YourHealerMate“] Remove Corruption
5. Mark of the Wild Rebuff Macro
/cast [@Player] Mark of the Wild
You are always able to rebuff. No problems with someone being LOS or anything similar
6. Instant Heal
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch
7. Innervate for your healer
/cast [target=“YourHealerMate“] Innervate
8. Roar Cancelaura Macro
/cancelaura Displacer Beast
/cast Stampeding Roar
/cancelaura Bear Form
Useful if you don't have the Stampede (?) Glyph "equiped".
9. Celestial Allignment + "Instant" Moonfire
/use Grievous Gladiator's Wyrmhide Gloves
/cast Celestial Alignment
You'll instantly apply a moonfire to the target, because CA is not on the global cooldown
10. Incarnation + Nature's Vigil (saves one button)
/cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
/cast Nature's Vigil
11. Queue Leave Macro to drop 2s Rating
Try to remember what those guys were doing when you are in the same situation, maybe it will help you to survive / kill something.
You should check out Lazerchicken's (aka Ayrese) Guide, too. Won't hurt to read things written from a different POV and maybe a more experienced POV :)
Posted Bigmoran on 25 February 2014 - 04:19 PM
I really hope I can earn the respect of all whiteknights. Apologies to Dibzz, Irub, and Benjiown.
Posted Nadagast on 21 February 2014 - 01:11 AM
I think the biggest thing destroying this community is the ladder at the end of every season being 50%+ boosts/carries, and the people doing those boosts and then posting in this thread that they hope the wow community will improve are a bit of a joke
the second biggest thing is precisely what nadagastt said, people need to start realising that there are things that they can do to affect the outcome of their own arena games, and not just fall back on LOL the other team had a warrior/mage/rogue/hunter/druid/dk/shaman/warlock/whatever or LOL sorry my class is horrible i cant do anything or LOL Holinka is a fucking idiot or LOL I hate this game but I still continue to play it
i think an awful lot of frustration and anger on this site comes from the fact that people have simply forgotten that a loss can be their own fault as well, and that not everyone enters their very first arena as gods gift to whatever class they are playing, and that investing time into a class that you enjoy is far more rewarding in the long term then fotm rerolling and then endlessly crying when the fotm train moves on and you get left behind
I completely agree with you. Awhile ago, someone pointed out to me how harmful carries were to the community. I never did very many carries, but nowadays I do zero. I don't think the harm done to the community is worth the small monetary benefit. I try to relate this to players who I play with when they talk about carries, but it's hard and they often shrug off the negative effects with excuses. They are kidding themselves.
To high level players: I'd implore you to think about the effect carries have on an important and large segment of our community--up and coming players and new (attempting to be) gladiators. It's fucking discouraging for them to be facing opponents that should be several hundred MMR higher than them, but which are really even, because of carries. You should stop doing carries.
Posted Nadagast on 21 February 2014 - 12:32 AM
IP ban whomever needs to be banned. Problem solved, or will at least head towards that direction.
I don't think that not being an asshole is '4th grade teacher crap'.
I think that words do have an impact. Obviously, a single post by me will not completely solve the problem, or even come close, maybe. But does that mean I should not do what I can to try to save something I love? Your hopeless negativity is not helpful.
I agree that bans are (obviously) very useful, but that's not the entire picture. It's not like this place is populated by two groups of people:
1. Total fuckwad assholes who are going to be immediately banned.
2. Reasonable, educational, nice posters.
There's a huge spectrum of posters between those two extremes, and bans are not appropriate for most of them. Further, I think a lot of otherwise reasonable people sometimes just don't think before they post. They can easily be closer to #2 than they are today, and I think words can accomplish that.
Posted Braindance on 25 January 2014 - 05:25 AM
Far from overpowered I would say and shouldn't even be put in the same class as Poly or Fear.
- Can be used to cross CC
- Cannot be dispelled by half the healers
- Can be chained on a healer leading to 8 sec trap into 4 scatter into 3 silence into 3 wyvern. Grand total of 18 seconds of pure nigh unavoidable cc every 45 seconds leading tooooooo 40% of the time not letting the healer play. And that is by completely ignoring stuff like hoj, asphyx, stormbolt preceding the trap
Warrior in D stance takes 25% less dmg, but also does 25% less dmg. Mobility needs a serious nerf.
Dk in bloodpressence does less damage as well.
Hunter retarded instant CC.
Mage damage needs some nerfing
Elemental shaman damage being random and retarded.
Symbiosis giving game breaking spells.
And there should seriously either make dispel have no cd, or remove half of the spammable CC. Example: You are a healer,and you are dispeling your rogue vs LSD, what are you gonna dispel, totem root, druid root, faerie fire, dots, fear, shadowfury, howl ?
You play a class that can fuck up warriors so hard atm and you still ask for nerfs. Seriously, please.
Posted ROKMODE on 08 October 2013 - 05:06 AM
Posted Bigmoran on 17 September 2013 - 09:26 PM
Posted Marshmellow on 20 August 2013 - 12:40 AM
Posted Bigmoran on 18 August 2013 - 06:46 PM
Here's the part where I shamelessly promote myself
POPULAR DRUID STREAMERS
ARMORY LINKS OF TOP DRUIDS
Posted Bigmoran on 18 August 2013 - 06:42 PM
Resto Druid playstyle can be visualized by two extremes.
On one side, we have VERY agressive Resto Druid, who often sacrifice good positioning so that they can control the enemy team as much as possible. Though he doesn't play anymore, Drmayo was probably the icon of this playstyle. If you find old videos of him, you will see that he is almost always using his globals for crowd control spells over healing spells.
The advantage of this playstyle is that it CAN minimize the damage that your team takes and it can maximize the damage that your team is allowed to put out. If you as the druid are constantly using your CC on enemy melee DPS, your caster partners wont be getting interrupted as often.
The disadvantage to this playstyle is that you will often be in a position to take CC. Cyclone has a shorter range than most CC abilities. Because of this, when you are casting Cyclones, you will more than likely be in range to be Polymorphed, Feared, Hexed, etc. Also, because you are using more globals on CC, keeping uptime on HoTs can be more difficult. Because of this, if you do take a CC while playing offensive, there might not be enough HoTs on your partners to keep them up for the duration of the CC.
On the other side of the spectrum we have a very conservative playstyle. In this type of play, the Druid will often be at a pillar and at max range from his opponents, and will be using the majority of his globals to apply and refresh HoTs on his teammates. The bulk of CC this type of Druid will put out are in the form of an NS cyclone every 1 minute. This type of playstyle is really easy and generally works for high CC comps such as MLD and God Comp. The downside, which is just a personal opinion of mine and not an objective position, is that this playstyle is very boring. It reminds me of Holy Paladin gameplay in prior expanions.
Resto Druids are probably one of the best, if not the best healer at the moment and they are very versatile, meaning they can fit into many different comps. In ni particular order, here are the top 5 comps for resto druids this season:
1. Ele Shaman / Shadow Priest / Resto Druid
2. Frost Mage / Shadow Priest / Resto Druid
3. Frost Mage / UA Warlock / Resto Druid
4. Survival Hunter / UA Warlock / Resto Druid
5. UA Warlock / Ele Shaman / Resto Druid
Posted Bigmoran on 18 August 2013 - 06:31 PM
There are three Nature's Swiftness macros I use:
Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch (for big burst healing)
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing touch
Nature's Swiftness + Cyclone (to land guaranteed CC on an enemy)
/cast Nature's Swiftness
Nature's Swiftness + Hibernate (good against other druids and shamans in ghost wolf who do not have DoTs on them)
/cast Nature's Swiftness
Both of these macros are especially good for actively CC'ing 1 target. You can set a target on focus to CC to free up your target frame for healing.
/cast [target=focus] Cyclone
/cast [target=focus] Entangling Roots
This is a one-botton WTF macro. It uses your health increasing abilities/items all at once
/cast Might of Ursoc
/use Tyrannical Gladiator's Emblem of Meditation
I use two innervate macros. The first is to always innervate myself. After countless times accidentally innervating my melee DPS partners, I finally decided it would be best to have a means to always innervate myself. The second macro is just for the situation that I have to innervate someone else. When pressed, the second macro will innervate the player that your mouse is currently highlighting.
/cast [@player] Innervate
/cast [@mouseover] Innervate
I use this macro to free up 1 space on my cat form bar. When not in stealthed, it uses Prowl. When in stealth, it uses Pounce.
/cast [nostealth] Prowl
/cast [stealth] Pounce
This macro can be risky. It will use Symbiosis on first press and will cancel Ice Block on second press. Be careful spamming this one. It might be a better idea to make another macro to bind /cancelaura Ice Block into a different spell, such as Rejuvenation.
/cancelaura Ice Block
The major addons I use are:
Gladius - Arena Unit Frames that track CC's and DR's on enemy players. http://www.curse.com...ons/wow/gladius
LoseControl - Shows major CC auras in more visible places of your screen. http://www.curse.com...wow/losecontrol
VialCooldowns - Shows the cooldown of opponents on their nameplates. http://www.curse.com...w/vialcooldowns
Interruptbar - Shows the cooldowns of interrupts on a moveable bar. http://www.curse.com...ow/interruptbar
OmniCC - Shows the cooldown in customizable time formats on top of your abilities. http://www.curse.com...ons/wow/omni-cc
MikScrollingBattleText - Combat Text replacement for WoW that you can customize with event notifications. http://www.curse.com...ing-battle-text
Posted Braindance on 18 August 2013 - 04:09 AM