Close mate. But actually he purchased Best's rogue in Season 11 after he quit near the end.
- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Darksoldierr
DarksoldierrMember Since 21 Mar 2009
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 08:29 AM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 958
- Profile Views 5257
- Member Title Junkie
- Age 24 years old
- Birthday April 2, 1990
Darksoldierr hasn't added any friends yet.
Posted DetectiveOwl on 30 September 2014 - 07:32 AM
Close mate. But actually he purchased Best's rogue in Season 11 after he quit near the end.
Posted Regent on 18 September 2014 - 11:54 PM
Since there has been a lot of drama recently, I figured I would make a TL;DR thread for those of you that have successful real lives and can't sit on ArenaJunkies 24/7.
The North American Regional Qualifiers:
- Hosted by ESL (the same company that organized the holocaust)
- 2800 players qualify but only 50 Teams signed up
- No seeding and random placement meant some popular teams eliminated each other right of the bat
- Zero interaction with Blizzard, even after the ESL website wasn't working
- People suspect Blizzard will be asking for some of the money they paid ESL back, since ESL apparently completely forgot that they were supposed to hold this tournament
- Timestamp does show that Vanguards team was almost 30 minutes late to their match
- They claim they had no idea the time they were supposed to play
- Poor organization and almost no help from ESL admin, many people think they didn't deserve the loss
- Vanguards, being the least confrontational person in existence, made a nice forum post saying how he is slightly angry that he missed out on a chance for $40,000 USD
- Claims his first loss was not actually the "real" game and only practice
- Screenshots show his team agreeing it was the real game
- Some people claim that after his second loss he tried to contact tournament admin and get it changed
- Talbadar is "disappointed" in jah
- Jah, unsurprisingly, calls everyone "retards" and hasn't been seen since
- By far the biggest drama generating event of the tournament
- Wizk, Jakenotezz, and Random rogue decided to play RPS in tournament
- Upon tournament brackets coming out, they realize they will have to fight comps that are strong against them
- Wizk realizes that it would be too obvious to ddos his opponents, he determines he will have to come up with another way to cheat
- Wizk replaces his rogue and rsham with an rdruid and mage who are not on his team roster and then wins multiple games (it is assumed that the mage was played by, "Piecez," and the druid by, "Rynd")
- People (obviously) realize what is happening and he gets disqualified for cheating
- Wizk then cries, makes a 40 minute video about why he didn't cheat, no one believes him
- Jakenotezz, then makes a post on AJ admitting that they cheated, apologizing, and says he only did it to bang his 18 y/o e-girlfriend when he goes to New York
- Wizk then claims he is too good for this community
- Wizk locks in his spot next to Xandyn in the "top 5 scummiest wow players of all time"
- Randomroguex is mad that no one knows who he is, doesn't understand the concept of why cheating is bad, and is apparently a part of some "elite cheaters club"
- Apparently it was easier to allow these people to play in the tournament and then disqualify them after they won
- Raises multiple questions about the outcome of the tournament, since the teams who got DQ'ed knocked people out of the tournament
- The dominant team of Jeff, Barry, and Twochainz is rumored to be one of the teams DQ'ed
- Made multiple weird posts about having a girlfriend
- Multiple awkward tweets involving, but not limited to: old memes, obscure Norwegian cover bands, and History channel TV shows
- All of this is okay though, because according to him, he "has a lot of friends"
- but apparently forget to tell him he is off the team
- Famous monk, "Dannycarey" is replace by other famous monk, "Verdantstorm"
- Novoz and Thugonomicz imply that Dannycarey is part of something (Illuminati?)
- Dannycarrey still hasn't run out of mana
- Surprisingly, Glinks didn't cheat or try to ddos anyone
- Nice work, Glinks
- A week has gone by since his last sighting
- Police have decided to end the search
- His family stays hopeful
- Datacus tries really hard to get some free rep, fails miserably
- For the first time in over a year, people are capped out on giving rep
- If you point out any scummy things that friends of the moderators have done, you will be getting an infraction
- Flavour is still making stupid posts
- Dillypoo's insults have been getting noticeably better over time, possibly hitting puberty soon?
- Bigmoran tries to dispel ddos rumors by threatening to ddos anyone who talks about it
- Thugonomicz believes that Arenajunkies.com is actually "Horse cocks"
- Bailamos dropped in to insult Jakenotezz for having an e-girlfriend, the irony is palpable
- More wintrading in EU, no one is surprised
- The "scummy dozen" continue to rep each-other in an attempt to make it seem like they have some community support
- Ayra is still black, and still european
Posted Wertexjk on 08 August 2014 - 10:27 PM
No one will be able to give you magical advice just boosting your rating by 200-300 with a forum reply. All you can do is play alot to get practice, try to find teammates that you have good communication with and most importantly while training a good attitude. Someone who complains after every loss or tries to place blame without being constructive is toxic for practice. Record your own games and go through them play by play to see what you and teammates can improve on.
Posted Forumz on 06 August 2014 - 10:53 AM
Posted Pinka on 04 August 2014 - 10:21 AM
Posted meshu on 07 July 2014 - 10:28 AM
So all they need to do is ban tanks from arenas, make all healer specs unique and make all dps specs as balanced as possible while assuring they have synergy with at least 1 or 2 other specs?
I wonder why it's taking them so long...
Posted Lolflay on 07 July 2014 - 07:23 AM
That's not even the problem in the whole story. Except for being a retard and merging some DR categories that simply shouldn't be merged ( rofl, horrors sharing DR with sheeps f.ex., goodbye to making a swap on a target that was previously sheeped as a Warlock/SP ), Holinka stated that they want 2s/3s to last 5-10 mins.
Any arena that lasts longer than 4-5 mins becomes a snore. The original appeal of arena was those quick and fast games where one or two mistakes meant a loss, and I for sure don't like headbanging against a wall for 10 mins until stars align and enemy team makes tons of mistakes but simply doesn't die because without Dampening, nothing can be killed. ( bolded part is the reason why 90% of time when I ran 3s in TBC, it was triple DPS to counter all those retards running hunter/2 heals or warlock/2 heals who simply spam mana drain mechanics and wait for 10-20 mins for a single win - I don't fucking understand people who play comps that take shitton of time to win )
I honestly believe I ( or anyone else who's a decent player and not biased ) would design PvP ten times better than any employee they bring on board on their dev team. I'd first restore uniqueness to all healer specs, and find a niche for Monk healers other than "Hey I have this ability on 10 sec cd that makes me not swappable to" and a really clunky healing spell, then I'd try to get DPS specs as possibly balanced as I could, I'd make sure that every class has a synergy with at least one or two other specs in the game, and even go as far as make public polls and actually discuss with decent PvP community, as well as baddies on WoW forums. Tank specs would automatically be banned from arena, I simply wouldn't allow people to queue into arena with a tank spec enabled, which would enable the pve dev team to do whatever the fuck they want with them in PvE.
I think this game would be ten times more fun if we had a player developing for players, not a paid "dev" with zero high rated experience doing what he thinks is best ( which obviously fucking isn't ).
Posted Holypalaswe on 24 June 2014 - 08:04 PM
People trying to get into arena (and are actually sub1500 legitimaly) wont have to face gladiator-level players that have dropped rating for fast & easy games / 1v2's / cap-boosting.
Personally I think something had to be done about dropping your rating to get fast and easy wins against new & bad players, but together with this there has to be something that makes capping points on an alt easier. Something similar to the buff with double valor points received if you have capped on a character already.
Posted RippedLife on 24 June 2014 - 01:29 PM
Also, you have to understand, it isn't really fun for your average joe to meet Glorius Bastard Gladiator xxxJamiexxx at 1100 raiting
stolen from other thread..
Posted sounds on 15 June 2014 - 02:15 AM
Not really considering its only client side.
If you play a male Draenei and use Tmorph, people will still think you're a fucking idiot.
Posted Capers on 02 June 2014 - 06:32 PM
Posted glonglon on 26 May 2014 - 11:45 AM
Chanimals said on skill-capped that It's a simple gladius with the default background texture disabled, he probably created a custom black background texture with photoshop that fits his gladius frame size and used the kgpanels addon to display it in game :
Instead of using kgpanels I suggest you to use weakauras, you can easily create background textures with the weakauras addon because weakauras can do everything. Here is an example with the holy power bar that I created for my ret paladin.
1) Go into gladius config panel and disable the default background texture or change the opacity to make it transparent.
2) Install Weakauras
3) Log into the game with the WA addon enabled and type /wa.
4) The menu will appear go to "texture" to create a new texture, I chose to simply name it "background" :
In the display tab click on choose to chose a texture to display :
Go to shapes and pick a regular square :
I changed the Height & Width and XY offsets to match my holy power bar frame size and position, in your case you'll change it in order to match your gladius frame size and position. It's also very important to put the background in the background frame strata.
Go to the "load" tab (tab where you chose when you want to display the texture). Check the box "Instance type" and pick "arena" because you want to display the background for gladius only when you're in arena. (In my holy power bar example I chose to display the background only when I have holy power).
Optionally, I also created a slightly bigger grey square background texture with the same settings to add a grey border :
Here is the final result :
Btw, WA can also add animations to textures here is an example with a pulse animation for the fifth holy power point :
Hope this helps,
Instead of donating all your money to twitch bitches with huge cleavages, donate to the WA dev team, they really need it. Regards.
Posted Lytning on 05 March 2014 - 08:35 PM
A real strength is facing mage teams. In this current meta game, mages make up a large population of what you'll face in any arena setting, but luckily enhances are a strong counter-class, so just due to the current balance state, you have an advantage against a lot of the teams you'll face. Generally, if an enhance can get mage to block without ascendance, the mage is dead as soon as block is over. In addition, if the healer gets in a full cc chain (hex->fear or vice versa (->mc), possibly initiated by cap stun, though very rare) without an out (trinket/will/brew/tremor) and the enhance pops ascendance, the mage can die in the two ccs even if they start at full health with shields and whatnot, assuming the priest can remove the iceblock fairly quickly.
Against melee/healer teams, the shaman has to rotate his utility totems well in order to assist the priest (who should be trained most the time), even if the priest isn't in trouble. Why? Because mana. If you face a DK or Warrior with any decent healer, you can be driven oom and killed once the healing reduction buff stacks up. It is the priests job to stay in inner will until healing the 1 dps becomes a problem outside cds (shouldn't be until healing debuff begins) and recieve shaman offheals, freedoms, healing totems, wolf heals, etc when the melee does any burstless dmg, saving priest major cds for melee's burst (even if not necessary, just to reduce mana usage). While doing this, kiting the melee to a bad spot, possibly using void tendrils (shaman should be freedom against any melee/healer matchup) is helpful in order to help the enemy get behind. You want to be able to live a while because the long game suits you, since you'll have more chances to burn their cds through ascendance bursts, while it will take a lot to kill you when receiving proper offheals, and you'll likely only die from mana. You will rarely win the mana game, and must live until they've burnt cds or made a mistake you can capitalize on in order to finish with final ascendance. If the melee ever swap off, the priest should start looking for the chance to drink.
Outside of these two (common) scenarios I can't specifically tell you the general strat since it seems to vary a lot throughout every other comp (double melee, double caster, caster melee, healer caster). I can't think of many counters off the top of my head accept powerful burst-oriented double dps, which you have to manage positioning very well and use defensives quickly if they use all theirs, and then try to go offensive (priest as well) to kill before they can reset. It's always good to line up shadowfiend with ascendance. You should only use mindbender against comps where you'll never want surge of light heals (at high rating, any comp can put out pressure where instant heals will be greatly wanted, so i personally actually never use it).
I'm not sure how this comp varies for holy, as me and my enhance have only played it as holy a few times this season. Overall, the comp seems weaker now than when I played it, likely due to the healing debuff stacking earlier in 2s, since enh/healer prefers the medium-length to long game in order to get ascendance back as much as possible.
As for 3s, hpriest/enh/x works with hunter (beast), warrior (turbo), and could possibly do okay-ish with rouge/mage/dk/feral maybe?
Here's a few links to games of s13 enh/priest as disc with skype, incase you think they will help you.
Posted Vexxius on 21 February 2014 - 06:47 PM
I really think this website needs an overhaul, just looking at the top of the page and half of this stuff is completely unused.
I'm sure almost everyone agrees that almost every thread going to the front page now ruins the convenience of loading the website and finding popular topics. I like the idea of having members post and being at the front but half of these people have about 1 post and troll looking to be an 'asshole'. Front page clutter and excess unused tabs like the talents one really clog the website up, any player can now just go to the armory and copy a decent player's talents and glyphs.
Hell, I could have this be the front page of AJ and I'd be fine with it.
My point is that if the quality of this website went up a bit and it was simplified all-around then maybe people would actually try to post quality content. Not only does the front page need to be simplified but also the forums. Half of the subtopics are completely abandoned
Reminiscing the glorious days...
Posted Lolflay on 21 February 2014 - 05:08 AM
Those of you who are saying that this board was never for learning, but for "community", you're dead mistaken. I used to get shittons of private messages, some I've ignored because I cba'd answering, but most of which I'd answer, I'd see some improvement when I'd check their armory again. People complained that there was no place where they could get help before they recieved Junkie status, and some of them who had Junkie status didn't want to bother posting on the main board because they'd get "trolled by dicks", so even back in WoTLK board was not "ideal".
When I was progressing Yogg 0 lights and Algalon, I made a topic on elitistjerks asking something that I didn't find answered anywhere else, I get instabanned - their reasoning ? "Not much of a productive question, go figure it out yourself"
When a WoW PVP'r got confronted about the game before, he'd defend it. Now everyone goes "lolshitgame" even though they're still subbed and (semi)actively playing.
As for posters themselves, I don't know who the fuck most of them are ( except Brainretard who has a track record for being a absolute moron ), but just by judging the posts Regentlord made in this thread, it's clear that this is the type of person that brings zero contribution outside of shit content made for purely because he likes putting his name out there... for what purpose again, exactly ? It's not like he's helping himself.
The thing that makes or breaks this community is perception that the community has on itself, and moderators being better at doing their job. Also wtf is that US paladin doing on frontpage all the time ? Doesn't AJ staff actually care enough to have a staff team like they did before instead of letting the players control the content ?
@ Holypalaswe - RIP Likvidator, 2008.
Also, pvp videos were a hot thing, coming from noobies or from experienced pvpers. It was fun watching a well edited and handpicked arena/bg video from a 2100 warlock as much as it was great watching top notch play from somebody like Snutz. I've dropped here from time to time in hopes of seeing a cool pvp video or two, and hearing a good track or two that I've missed out on, to see that nobody bothers making PvP videos anymore. Also, what Nadagast said, you need newcomers, people who actually want to learn because he thinks the people at the top are cool and the game seems awesome, they don't want to read site full of shit. I actually want to play WoD, and I'd purchase a WoW account just to play it, it seems awesome being back to TBC ( well, sort of - both locationwise and number-wise, just with updated mechanics ), but why would me or someone else want to play a game that the players themselves call shit.