Jump to content

zajklon

Member Since 31 Dec 2007
Offline Last Active Jan 10 2016 10:29 PM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: What Would It Take For Blizzard To Care?

07 January 2016 - 05:04 PM

played wow for 10 years, and i haven't even spent 4 hours total watching wow streams. its boring as fuck... and even as one of the 0.5% gladiators i don't even know what the fuck is going on half the time, its impossible to keep track of 6 players and what they are doing and if you focus on 1 you are missing out of half of what is going on. now think about the other 99.5% who play this game. who don't know every class mechanic or strat.

and yeah, theres a spectator ui with bars and cooldowns, but noone is gonna spend 1 hour watching icons and bars fill. might as well watch a loading screen of your favorite game if you are into that.

you can't do crazy jukes and ganks like in moba games or a crazy killing spree like in a shooter. you just see 2 guys and a healer tunneling damage into each other while running around pillars for 5 minutes straight.

even ANY casual match in a game like hearthstone and heroes of the storm is 1000X more interesting to watch than wow arena finals. even the boring laning phase in dota has more spectacle for an outsider than an arena match.


you know something bad is going on when even the few people left who are still into arena don't like watching it. i had about 20 friends who are into wow and out of those 20 only 1 guy watches arena and only the finals/semi finals and the only reason for that is that theres people playing he knows.

In Topic: New Legion PvP Changes

18 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 17 December 2015 - 12:50 AM, said:

maybe I am wrong then, and 2.2k arena rating will supplement/replace the normal/heroic pve gear grind - with how much shit that would generate in the pve community, I seriously doubt they would even consider it, but then again these are the same developers that are proud of WoD, so anything is possible
you mean just when the game was at its best? (vanilla-wotlk)

In Topic: New Legion PvP Changes

16 December 2015 - 10:33 PM

Quote

as well as three alcoves to the sides. Access to those alcoves is restricted by a series of gates, which will open and close randomly as the match continues.

i think u missed the bold part. if they introduce such crap it should be on a timer so you can atleast blame yourself for losing when the gates block your line of sight.

when i played mld during wrath on rov that cancerous pillar decided 90% of the games i played. great fun when i can port on top of it be invincible for 5 years when melee can't touch me . less fun when that pillar pops up in the middle of a sheep/fear cast and loses you the game because a beastcleave is connected for more then 2 seconds on a player.

In Topic: New Legion PvP Changes

16 December 2015 - 10:13 PM

View PostGlink, on 16 December 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

Yup. It seems blizzard was really near sighted in wotlk and cata days, putting 0 effort into esports at all, and now they are trying a little bit finally after all these years. Imagine if they were actually serious before and invested into the esports scene, wow woulda been as big as league, that was before twitch was even big and wow was a big esport still.

Its too little too late possibly, but if they actually make it somewhat fun or competitive there will be an active scene.

i hope so. took a break from wow at the end of season 7 to put some extra effort in college. you come back 2 years later, all you friends quit and finding a decent team with people that fit your personality is harder than getting a good job during the economic recession :x

i don't like the way arena has evolved to tradechat spam teams that ragequit after 3-4 games when 1 guy has to learn the comp. so instead of going trough 500 ragequiters i've subbed for a few months every expansion since wotlk just to fuck around and cap  with low skilled rl friends but even that is no fun anymore with the cheezy comps and lame game mechanics :(

arena at the moment is so unatractive to people who have quit for a while. nevermind new people trying pvp out for the first time.

In Topic: New Legion PvP Changes

16 December 2015 - 10:01 PM

View PostIckz, on 16 December 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

Oh and the new arena with randomly closing gates sounds dumb. Have they not learned from the past?
ring of valor was such great design that they needed an even better version of it.

<