would u like to give us a breakdown of what specifically you find so obnoxious about mages?
There is no breakdown needed. The class is about as one dimensional as a BM hunter at this point. You joke that jaimex is hacking accounts but the fact is the balance and design issues here are incredibly obvious and incredibly abrasive to play against, so while he might be somewhat overzealous about it, he's simply correct.
Frost mage was always one of, if not the highest skill cap classes in the game. You had a ton of mobility and peeling, but if you messed it up or got caught, you were dying or blocking. You had a ton of control, but if you messed it up or got shut down on your chains, your pressure was low. You had a ton of burst, but you had to stand still and cast it (moreso pre-cata when ice lance wasn't retarded as fuck), which was perilous for the reasons already stated or just because casting is hard.
NONE of that is present in the class anymore. You have a ton of mobility still, but when you get caught it's irrelevant because you don't take damage anyway. You've got as much control as ever (which is actually relatively more since many other classes were gutted in this department) but it's basically impossible to mess up because it's your only focus now. Not to mention even when you do fuck up and get interrupted, you just cast another school of full duration CC. In fact, interrupts do practically nothing at all to the class, since you're either interrupting a sheep that's just going to turn into a ring anyway, or you're interrupting a frost bolt that wasn't going to make any difference whether it went off or not. You've got a ton of burst but it's all frontloaded into one fucking retard ability that you could hand to your dog and teach it to press it when you say so.
Spamming uninterruptible, long, reliable CC chains with 95% of your GCDs and then one shotting a player with the other 5% is not a beatable strategy and is extremely unhealthy for the game. Against RMD, you're either playing a comp that's strong enough to stand a chance (and that list is very small), or you just lose. There's literally nothing any of the 6 players in the game can do to change the outcome other than disconnect from the game.