- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Tattertotts
TattertottsMember Since 17 Aug 2007
Offline Last Active Dec 24 2014 02:08 AM
- Group Premium Junkies
- Active Posts 322
- Profile Views 2217
- Member Title Junkie
- Age 27 years old
- Birthday December 24, 1987
Posted ysnakewoo on 11 December 2014 - 03:38 AM
90k kill shot now 81k. fixed Kappa
i'm gonna go ahead and make some hotfixes:
- Death pact now heals 25% HP and has half the CD
- Desecrated ground does not work in pvp
- Ferocious bite does 50% less damage
- Rip does 50% more damage
- Healing touch only does 20k heal when used with an instant proc, and cannot be increased by heart of the wild
- Feral druids can no longer shift out of roots
- Ice nova does 50% less damage
- Frostbolt does 50% more damage
- Incanters flow passive damage increase instead of random increasing
- Revealing strike no longer increases the duration of kidney shot
- Combat rogues do less damage in general (pve damage shouldn't matter since its supposed to be a 2 target spec only)
- Kill shot now does 50% less damage
- Arcane shot does 50% more damage
- Frozen ammo removed
- Scatter shot returned
- Old trap returned
- Remove gateway in pvp. That spell has no place in arena.
- Give back overpower and make it proc off rend ticks like in WOLK
- Only 1 sac with a 3 min CD
- Only 1 BOP with a 5 min CD
- Remove the 2 set and 4 set bonuses and have these new ones: (2set: After templar's verdict your next judgement does 10% more damage. 4set: after healing a team-mate with flash of light, your damage is increased by 5% for 5 seconds)
- stormstrike does 20% more damage
- lava lash does 20% more damage
- Rising sun kick does 350% more damage
- Guard is now usable by Windwalkers and absorbs roughly 100k
- New set bonuses: (2set: During tigereye brew the monk is immune to CC. 4set: Guard affects all party and raid members)
- Touch of Karma now absorbs 5x the monk's HP and cannot be removed by immunities
- Fist of fury no long has a target requirement
- Karma glyph, touch of death glyph, and freedom roll are now passive
- Tiger's lust 5 second cooldown
this ought to do the job, tweet holinka and +rep
Well these are the most horrible changes I've seen in a while, good thing you're not on Blizzard payroll.
Posted Crono_Smash on 05 December 2014 - 11:43 AM
Shows that you didn't read a thing.
Most Rets here are AGREEING with nerfing the 2piece bonus.
But there is people who have no idea how Ret gameplay works and how some tools are MADE to counter certain things and are complaining about things like double Hands, not to mention how stupid is to complain about Ret healing. People just didn't read, they're to lazy to learn to play so they die, don't now why and get to the foruns to complain.
People complaining Ret heals 150k. Yeah, Ret heals 150k IF they spend a talent AND get land 3 judgments AND not getting the stacks dispeled AND land a killing blow AND get strenght/CDs up.
Outside of that condition, Ret heals for about 20k and cast for that.
Really, people who don't know/don't care about how things work should not be allowed to express opinion.
Posted Kelarm on 19 November 2014 - 08:20 PM
I'm not saying Warlocks need to solo 2-3 people by himself with just dots, but if the Warlock on his own can't create the pressure needed for HIM on his OWN to kill SOMEONE, then you know his damage is just shit, because I bet my left nut if you let a DK or a Feral at their current state hop on someone they'll do that.
The way the class is now, I see absolutely no reason why our dots shouldn't be hovering around WotLK levels of pressure on a single target (or on multiple targets, if we can get them there).
In WotLK, dots ticked HARD on your kill target with haunt up and nightfall procs thrown in. You could wither a target very quickly with your full attention on it, especially with the drain soul execute (which was fucking amazing in wrath, to this day I have no idea why they pulled back on that mechanic). This was throttled by the fact that we had to cast as much or more than other casters and every cast exposed our main/only school to interrupts. This made it difficult and skillful to keep dots up on multiple targets and prime switches, and drain soul was a huge way a lock could separate himself from the pack (i.e. landing a 24.9% drain soul right before a heal, causing massive damage and keeping up pressure that otherwise would've disappeared). We also had only one instant CC every 90 sec (death coil). In wrath, I could fear a poorly positioned resto shaman out of his heal on the kill target, dot him up in the fear, haunt him, fear him again, and death coil blanket him, and provided I got sufficient/lucky nightfall procs, he would either be dead or blow a major CD to live. This was my favorite state of aff of all time, by far.
Cata is where this shitfest started. Soul swap, it seems, was the beginning of the end for this class. With soul swap and fel flame, it was no longer remotely as difficult to maintain rows of dots on multiple targets. Because of that, our single target pressure got gutted and we became much more of a spread-damage threat. While I think soul swap is a fucking tragedy of game design, the class overall was still acceptable to play and you could still do more things to set you apart than most classes can.
Idk what happened in MoP (sounds like shit got even more dumbed down with SS though), but it seems like now in WoD the shit has hit the fan. In a stroke of genius, they removed those extra tools we got in cata that changed the class so much. I loved fel flame as much as the next guy, but it being gone isn't really that bad, it should serve to increase the skillcap of the class to not have a crutch like that (although it's true that having no DD spell is fucking retarded, where is searing pain blizzard seriously). Then they made soul swap and SB:SS basically highly situational tools that probably won't get used too often in games the way things stand now. The result of this is that it's once again much more involved to try to maintain dots on multiple targets and spread your pressure well.
But then, in a stroke of utter retardation, they left our damage in its gutted state instead of returning it to WotLK levels of pressure. Then as if that wouldn't have been enough, they also gutted the class-defining ability of fear and deleted all other forms of control, leaving us with just the one instant CC and a nerfed interrupt. Somehow they managed to remove everything the class gained over the past 4 years but didn't return any of the strengths that made it solid back then, instead even went as far as to nerf even MORE essential stuff.
The result seems to be just this gimpy class that doesn't seem to have anything going for it. I'm really disappointed in this so far.
Posted DanAction on 05 October 2014 - 05:45 AM
Affliction: My affliction testing is very limited, but I think it will be alright. Damage seems good, soulburn:haunt will be critical to doing huge damage. You have to cast dots again, which is not as stupid as idiot mode MoP soulburn SS, so at least affliction locks will be fearing a bit less. Other than that, you can expect a more cata like play style I would suspect, except without a 30 second soul swap for free.
Destruction: being my main spec, I really did try to make destro work. It is pretty damn terrible. You are pidgeonholed into taking Charred remains as a 100 talent because ember generation is abysmal without fel flame; you are literally cemented in place in order to do any damage, since incinerate and conflagrate do almost no damage, and you must chaos bolt for any real damage. Even then, chaos bolt does not hit hard enough to even cause great pressure when allowed to freecast. And god forbid anyone steps out of your casting range, or runs around a pillar. You can't actually do damage to someone who is running from you anymore.
Also, 6 second fear for destro is actually a huge nerf to our setup. It's already quite difficult to cast into a full fear even now. and with you being force to run howl of terror. it will be your only setup, aside from someone else's cc.
Ember tap was also nerfed, so healing is pretty meh, not to mention healthstone being able to only be used once until you drop combat. So yeah, destro is pretty much dead. Not quite cataclysm-status dead, but not too far off.
Demo: demo is not too bad. Because it has axe toss, demo can set up easier than the other two specs now, while still having howl. I see demonbolt getting some serious nerfs, because it's honestly too strong. build up to 500-600 fury, pop dark soul and spam demonbolt with cross cc into 2x chaos wave, and you can basically solo people. The weakness is that you obviously need to cast, so melee will be on your dick the entire time. But if you can cast, you can wreck people. It sort of reminds me of current destro, not as godlike as affliction, but it has its place in arena.
Pros and cons about general gameplay:
- You can actually juke MoP blanket master mages, and not be silenced afterwards. It's pretty great.
- Interrupts and execute delays have definitely been reduced. It's much more responsive to shadowburn a target than ever before, and interrupts have much less lag.
- Tremor totem change: it's about time.
- Melee mobility is still out of control, for the amount of instant control casters have, melee should not have so many ways to immediately get back on a target, especially post-gateway nerf.
- Gateway is completely worthless now. Either get rid of it, or make it not useless. You can't even get gates between pillars on some maps.
- Mage/druid synergy is still too strong, even without soul clones or POM poly, their cc is huge. Rdruid is still the best healer in the game
- Giving silence to disc priest just seems like a huge backward step to reducing retarded instant cc. Imagine the melee cleaves. Now give them a 5 second blanket silence (which most cleaves do not have). Cya healers.
I'm sad they removed so many abilities that definitely had a place in every good warlocks toolkit, but I guess we can live without them.
Posted Nitric on 06 October 2013 - 02:19 AM
Posted Marshmellow on 14 October 2013 - 04:20 AM
I guess reading comprehension is too hard
Posted elorahnahimi on 14 October 2013 - 12:06 PM
people don't seem to grasp what damage is, currently warlocks sit at #3 MAYBE #4 in overall damage in arena, when the class is designed to be #1. i can out heal an entire set of warlock dots+haunt by standing in efflo and not doing anything else. i can sit in one place, with demon soul/haunt up, tunneling damage into someone and not get them sub 70% hp as long as they have some form of passive healing.
aff damage is inflated during long games via spread pressure, but it isn't real damage.
you can't kill anyone with this damage, passive self healing out heals it most of the time, your dots are ticking for 4-5k damage without haunt.
warlocks are viable every season because they always work well with the broken classes, be it mages, rogues, warriors it just depends on the season,.
you see 0 warlocks in the 2v2 bracket for a reason, and it isn't because the class is good on it's own.
are warlocks bad? no, are they overpowered/broken? well they have a 6% rep and they're the easiest to play they've ever been, so you decide.
Posted Bailamosx on 08 August 2011 - 02:47 PM
Having played RBG's with a 2600 group both this and last season, I can safely say I won't be stepping foot in there again for the rest of the season. There is no skill to sitting out, waiting for flag debuffs, blanket silencing both healers and critting the FC for 50k with Mind Spike into a 50k death. Add a rogue's damage, and the FC just dies.
A rogue's damage? Really? You mean the gimmick of smoke bomb I hope.
Wish people would be more open-minded and accepting that a large quantity of PVPers may actually enjoy RBGs now more than arenas. Also, I don't think you have the experience that Lawson and I have leading them to make such judgement statements. Try organizing an entire network of people on your server, leading groups, calling out strategies each game based on enemy compositions, coordinating everyone's position throughout the entire game and making sure everyone does their job perfectly against another competitive team full of top talent before minimalizing it to a couple abilities and a death. A lot more going on than that.
I could also point out that many would think you're lame because you're running double healer frost dk at the moment. I don't though. Frankly, I don't care what you do in your arenas because its your prerogative what you do for fun in your spare time. I just wish that many top arena players would grant that same courtesy upon what they seemingly regard as an "inferior" RBG side of the game. To me, it's a different dynamic that I can see excitement, talent, and strategy with my success in.
Posted jizoke on 25 April 2011 - 05:06 PM
Posted Tya on 05 July 2010 - 03:33 AM
Offtopic, my beta feedback thread: http://forums.worldo...567762&sid=2000
If you have suggestions about warlock mechanics that isn't listed there or if you think the things I listed there are bad, I'd like to hear it.
- Does not transfer Haunt.
- When you use it, it deals ~1k damage. The damage can crit. It removes all your dots. You gain a 20 second buff.
- If you try targeting the initial target of Soul Swap, you get an invalid target error.
- When you use Soul Swap on a new target, the dots are re-applied at full duration.
- As soon as you use Soul Swap on a new target or if the buff expires, Soul Swap goes onto a 45 second cooldown.
- The buff is magic and dispellable.
Update 4: New build
- A lot of spell sounds have been changed. Most have a new crackling sound like you're stood next to a pylon.
- Spellstone, Firestone, Unending Breath and Detect Invisibility are all gone. I don't know if this is intended.
- I need confirmation on this, but it seems that the talent "Fel Vitality" is baseline. I think this because my health is the same before and after updating, as is my pet's health even though the talent itself is gone.
- I gained 1658 mana this build, making my mana pool 36133 at level 82. It's not interesting, but I'm noting it down regardless.
- Fel Flame has a new graphic. It's a streak of green fire now. (YouTube -> it's much more noticeable ingame)
- You get UA at level 10 if you choose affliction. Felguard for demo, and conflag for destro. All at level 10.
- Felhunter dispels 2 magic effects.
Update 3: 81 to 82
- Soulburn-Pet Summon does not reset Spell Lock or Whiplash cd.
- If I cast Devour Magic on myself while not having a magic debuff, the felhunter casts it regardless and Devour goes onto cd.
- RTS style "click to move" function for pets. Demonstration ->
- Stat changes (with demo talents):
- -7.96% haste (1248 haste rating)
- -7.11% crit (1081 crit rating)
- -2.5% hit (313 hit rating)
- Note that I gained over 400 spellpower. Fel Armor got a huge increase between 81 and 82.
- Finished the whole of the first quest zone. All the quest rewards are inferior to ilvl 277 gear.
- Level 81 mobs have 24k health. Level 82 mobs have 31k.
- 5.3mil xp needed for 83. Seems to increase fast.
- It took me around 3 hours to level. Could be a beta thing but thankfully it seems like leveling in Cataclysm will be brief.
Update 2: 80 to 81
- Corruption costs 200 mana. I felt this was worth mentioning because it deals more damage than mobs have health, and your mp5 regen covers the cost of casting it. You don't even need to Life Tap while grinding.
- The health lost from Life Tap is basically insignificant. It's 3.7% of my max health for 4k mana talented.
- All dots can crit now. This includes channeled dots like Drain Life and Drain Soul. Non-channeled dots crit for 200%. Channeled dots crit for 150%. If your Drain Life crits, the healing portion also crits.
- From what I can tell, Health Funnel scales with haste.
- Detect Invisibility is still a magic effect. Unending Breath is still undispellable.
- You can't cross realIDs from beta to WoW.
- For some reason I have insane amounts of mp5. Could be a beta thing. It doesn't show on the char sheet but I've not had to cast Life Tap once so far.
- Soulburn is off the GCD.
- Channeled dots/hots all last their full, 0 haste duration. More haste just adds more ticks. This seems to be why I'm seeing 4 ticks of Soul Harvest and additional Health Funnel ticks.
- So I hit 81. Here are my stats, before and after.
- Stat changes (with demo talents):
- -11.33% haste (1248 haste rating)
- -10.13% crit (1081 crit rating)
- -3.55% hit (313 hit rating)
- Fel Flame (YouTube -> http://www.youtube.c...?v=OwV2JIDIo88)
- 30 yard range base. 36 with destro talents.
- Hits for around 1800-2200.
- It's instant. I just have 400ms on the beta server.
- 30 yard range base. 36 with destro talents.
- It took me roughly 2 hours to gain that level. You need 3mil xp for 80-81. You need 4mil for 81-82.
Update 1: First Impressions
- Everything is taken with a fresh char copy to the beta realm (so I'm still 80).
- 34k health in PvE gear. 12k more than live.
- 29k mana in PvE gear. 2k more than live.
- 8k armour unbuffed.
- Lost no haste, yet.
- 33k health in PvP gear. Yeah, 1k less than ICC gear.
- Soul Harvest heals for about 1800 per tick and looks like Evocation.
- Soulburn has a 30 sec cd and gives you a 10 sec buff that gives you secondary spell effects.
- If you don't use a spell in that 10 second window, you lose the buff and do not get your shard back.
- There are no low ranks of Life Tap.
- You can Soulburn-Summon pets midair. It's fully instant now.
- Soulburn-Demonic Circle gives you an 8 second sprint buff. The best spell ever just got more awesome.
- Soul Shards do not regenerate at all. Has to be done through Soul Harvest.
- The Felhunter makes a really annoying sound when it moves, like a, well, a dog.
- You gain a shard every 2 seconds of channeling Harvest Soul, contrary to what the tooltip says. The spell lasts 9 seconds, and the heal ticks every 2 seconds, 4 ticks.
- Logging off and on again restores all your shards.
- All warlock talent trees are currently just identical to live. Even Fel Domination is still there.
- Respecing still removes your pet, casted armour and mana.
- 38k health/31k mana in PvE gear with demo talents.
- Tooltips update dynamically. They tell you exact values given talents and your current spellpower.
- There is only 1 rank of Healthstone. It restores 60% of the creator's base hp. It does not cost a shard.
- Soulburn-Healthstone gives you 20% max health and lasts just 8 seconds.
- On that note, every other spell that used to use a shard, now doesn't. Even pet summons and Soul Fire.
- Infernal and Doomguard still require reagents.
- Drain Soul doesn't restore shards per tick anymore. However, it does restore all 3 shards if you are channeling and your target dies.
- Curse of Weakness reduces target's physical damage by 10% untalented. Improved Curse of Weakness still says attack power reduce. If you talent it, the tooltip changes to -12% physical.
- Curse of Elements is only 8%.
- Demon Skin (low level version of Demon Armor) is gone.
- Hellfire still kills the warlock.
- Female blood elf voice acting is really annoying.
- Fel Intelligence doesn't give int and spirit anymore. It's max mana and mp5 now.
- Whiplash (new succubus spell) works like mage pet nova, costs 87 mana and looks like Shadowfury.
- I just insta-Soulfired a bunny for 11k. Yeah, affliction burst hi.
- Soulburn-Fear is gone.
I'll add more as I play.
Posted Jaggy on 03 February 2010 - 10:10 PM
I don't know about that. You could easily phrase it another way - defensive stats are always useful, while offensive stats are only useful when you're open long enough to cast a while (not that I necessarily think that, I'm just saying it depends on your point of view). Offensive stats' value deflate considerably if you fight a lot of Beastcleave or TSG, etc. I do agree it depends on comp.
Keep in mind that the most compelling reason to cap resilience is that it will take virtually no effort to do so this season. It has increasing returns till the soft cap, and if you're running the common full PvP gear + exalted AV ring setup that most people are, then by the time you're full Wrathful you're only like 50 resil away from cap anyway even with 0 resil gems.
Posted Nadagast on 03 February 2010 - 07:07 PM
Would you ever hear someone say: "Yeah I could get more SP but 2900 SP is enough" ? People are too biased towards offense, especially with how little you need to give up to sit at 1300 resil this season
Posted Tubsie on 15 January 2010 - 12:12 AM
With the comments USA #1 USA #1 USA #1 WE ARE NOT EU SCUM Lol.
Posted Kelarm on 21 December 2009 - 06:39 AM
it'll only be a matter of a few weeks into the season before people get that "prot should not be viable in the arena" mindset out and start thinking about how to counter it.
This is ALWAYS what new overpowered classes/specs say. "People just aren't used to losing to holy paladins." "DKs are just new and no one understands how to play against them." "Beast cleave hasn't been around long enough for people to know how to counter it." Blah blah. When something is as stupid as prot, it's very obvious, and people don't like it.