Truth hurts, don't shoot the messenger. Check spriest representation.
i ate a 170k powershot today, as a mage with 68% reduction from resilience, 16% from molten armor, and flameglow on top of that. the powershot was followed by a 69k kill shot. when i see hunters agreeing that powershot is currently more retarded then pre nerf frost bomb, ill be sympathetic about your shadow priest concerns. until then, gtfo
Ie. Priests are sooooo good at being healer, I'm really mad that I can't be DPS AND a healer at the same time.
tldr: go shadow
gz on access
OT: disc is crap, give us back our playstyle. THANKS.
and no, fuck glyph changes. i don't see why shadow has life swap abilities combined with dispersion. Make dispersion and lifeswap lvl 90 talents. Divine star is shit anyway
-Everyone got extra stun, extra interrupt, extra cc, dps cooldowns became undispellable.
-Dispel 8 sec cd destroyed the game
-Late fix on hunter, warrior, mage. 2 healers viable, rest being borderline unplayable for months made people I know quit.
I'm not saying that I like the gear disparity, (I wish Honor gear was 483-487 maybe) but I don't agree with many of the comments in this thread saying there should be no gear differences at all in PvP.
Sure, for players like us, the top ~1% most dedicated and hardcore arena players, we don't need gear to motivate us, we're motivated mostly just by competition. However, for the other 99% of the playerbase, gear, titles, and other random goofy rewards are extremely powerful motivators to participate. Taking away all gear differences/upgrades would leave the arena playerbase very small.
I think in general people on AJ (and really in any online community that caters to a specific niche) are capable of making pretty good suggestions IF every player playing the game was a member of their niche (hardcore PvP). It's like lots of us fail to realize other segments of the community exist, and Blizzard has to make a game for all segments.
The game is at a point of divergence, as soon as they decided to add pvp power and change how abilities work in arena they opened the doors to completely seperating the pvp in this game from the pve. I for one don't even consider them remotely related, and I don't think anyone else should either. They don't allow pve gear in arena, they itemize pvp gear to be bad in pve, they design abilities different for pvp than for pve, so why is it again we should also share gear progession?
You say that 99% of the playerbase plays for gear and titles, but I didn't say they should remove all rewards, I merely said they should remove gear progression. There should still be visual upgrades at 2000 and 2400, along with more titles and sweet achievements. There can still be fun random goofy arena rewards without people feeling like they wasted their time in arena because their character didn't improve via stats. The whole purpose of the achievement system was to fulfull this.
Maybe I'm skeptical, but I really don't feel like this other segment exists anymore. The barrier to entry to pvp now is SO high that even veterans have a hard time competing with honor gear, there isn't the same casual pvp/pver that used to exist back in BC and Wotlk. The game isn't the same as back then when we had a huge portion of people playing pvp, in fact, their changes to pvp(adding upgrades, and an entire 2nd tier of gear) has only made pvp LESS accessable to the masses.
tldr; this game isn't like it used to be where people played both pve and pvp and we had a ton of casuals. Only the hardcore really play arena or rbgs now.
I know people have been saying this since BC, but why is it again we can't all just have a set of pvp gear that's equivalent for every class, that just you automatically get when you zone into arena. Naturally you can still transmog, gem, and reforge it, but this eliminates the kannetixx's running around frostbombing people for their entire life because they happened to play the previous season.
I understand that they want people to strive for gear to keep subs, but I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that we don't give a shit about gear, not only would this make balancing classes easier since damage wouldn't fluctuate every season, but I'm fairly certain they would gain more/retain more subs by letting more people do arena with full gear easily. Rather than new pve players joining an arena match and dying instantly to some dumb bm hunter who did literally his entire life in one hit(see below for dumb bm hunter globaling pve noob).