- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Tamz
TamzMember Since 20 Sep 2008
Offline Last Active Mar 23 2014 01:04 AM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 276
- Profile Views 4541
- Member Title Junkie
- Age 27 years old
- Birthday November 30, 1986
Posted Glink on 04 March 2014 - 06:32 AM
Posted Nadagast on 18 January 2013 - 03:12 AM
Rating inflation should be great for the game, provided it's implemented correctly (there's lots of trickiness, I think, in how exactly it's implemented). And I think they should sell it as 'bonus points' or 'rested points' or something, instead of 'rating inflation'. Bonus points makes people feel like they're getting something extra, and 'rating inflation' sounds too mathy.
Posted Guest on 18 January 2013 - 03:08 AM
I'm especially happy they took Nadagast's conquest point bonus pool idea.
Posted Moreudirl on 21 November 2012 - 09:00 AM
SEE SECOND POST FOR MACROS/GEARING I WILL CONTINUE ADDING THINGS AS PEOPLE ASK, OTHERS SHOULD CONTRIBUTE AS WELL. IF PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED I CAN REWRITE EVERYTHING AND CONSOLIDATE EVEN THE LATER POSTS SO ITS EASIER TO FOLLOW, LET ME KNOW.
a little about myself, i am fadezz i have had success in every expansion as every healer, warrior, and elemental shaman. I have received many rank 1 titles as well as every glad title outside of season 2. I i played a druid main in bc, followed by shaman main in wotlk and cata. Now i am setting my focus to my monk, however, i will continue playing my shaman as well. I look forward to everyone contributing to this thread, and will answer questions for monks as well as any healers that ask. Thanks!
I have had a lot of success on my monk this season running several comps over 2450 and two over 2500. This by all means does not mean the class is remotely close to ok. Before rating reset on this current we were 61-0 as monk mage lock and double healer demon lock(lol 10 games for cap) over 2500 we didnt fight many exploit teams maybe 4 or 5 when our team was still under 1500 and they were 300 mmr lower than we were, we started at about 2450. (before you flame me i know im on bg5 and not bg9, but im a semi competent player regardless and id like to keep this friendly)
If you guys find this helpful i can make a separate thread and post a lot more info i just highlighted the thing people ask me most. I will discuss gearing if anyone is interested too, ive tried so many gem schemes haha.
The strongest thing about monks is the fact that many popular comps which blow healers up such as god comp or various mage comps cant really train a monk efficiently.... as a result of this the solution for them is to chain cc us with their vast array of instant cc. neilyofiend, bloodfear, pom ring etc. For this reason the warlock plays destruction as ember taps can keep him alive long enough for a chi wave firework to cruise in there.
SOME QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES ID LOvE TO SEE-
1) LIFE COCOON- this is an extremely powerful cd for the fact that the majority of your heals do 50% more while this shield holds. However, it is dispellable and on a 2 minute cooldown. Id love to see the cooldown reduced to 1.5 minutes and there be some penalty for dispelling. When people ask me what i think i generally say id like to see a penalty that when its dispelled half of the total absorb is healed up front analagous to the lifebloom "bloom" effect. If that is not acceptable for some crazy reason perhaps lower the cd but split the shield portion of the spell from the hot increasing portion and only allow the shield to be dispelled. I prefer the "bloom" mechanic
2) paralyze no longer having a positional requirement for pvp. This one is self explanatory as it can be extremely frustrating to line up a full 'sheep' dr cc only to have the hammer of latency keep you frmo landing a 7 second cc on an already stunned target as they continue to spin or face an incorrect direction.
3) potentially add a glyph to work with deadly reach to make your kick also gain 20 yard range but lose the abliity to blanket (may be too overpowered but id love some suggestions.) right now that tree leg sweep is far and away the clear winner.
4) envelop being dispelled... this is a touchy issue as its such a strong heal but its quite expensive chi wise. i feel if it is going to be dispelled it should refund 1 or 2 of the 3 chi cost. Its the equivalent of a shamans greater heal being dispelled. It just isnt good design with no penalty attached to it. alternatively make it undispellable but im afraid that would be far too strong. I dont know guys make some suggestions!!!
HELPFUL TIPS OR SUGGESTIONS
Many people ask me for tips, mainly issues with mana or burst healing i will post here what i tell them all.
1 )DO NOT RELY ON SURGING MIST USE IT AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. if you are surging misting more than once or twice per 30-45 seconds you are going to lose the mana battle generally. Of course there are exceptions vs teams who dispel. Use judgement. Try not to mist as much unless you can weave in a thunder focus tea for the extra output and mana conservation.
2) RELY ON CHI TO HEAL. You should be using expel harm off cooldown to keep your chi flowing, dont rely on this as a self heal only, as it has a large healing range (20k to as much as 60k non crit dno why its such a large range) and in most cases its better to just torpedo away anyway.
3) CHI WAvE IS YOUR FRIEND. Try and use chi wave as much as you can its your strongest heal and its undispellable, when you see a CC coming your way you should do your best to shoot one off and let your team know the fire work is on the way, that way they can feel safe knowing a large heal is going to keep them up during the cc rotation and focus on stopping the chain of cc on you.
4) RENEWING MIST/MONK 5% STAT BUFF- first off i try to renewing mist off cooldown or at least every 8-12 seconds. Keeping that hot rolling is nice and it helps keep your chi flowing for more envelops and more chi waves (much like expel harm) if a team is spam dispelling your hots and u feel it is pointless to use them, rather than resorting to just spamming surge and probably losing, stay determined and continuously reapply renewing as well as your 5% stat buff. You will not take a mana hit and you will eventually wear them out on dispels (2 piece bonus mana tea on hot dispel). more chi is more healing and more mana!
5) WHEN TO USE WHAT- i try to prioritize chi waving as much as i can as its a great spike heal with no real counter other than the travel time. Other than that try to envelop a lot, as its pretty much your gheal and even if its dispelled you should be able to get a few ticks in and its a huge heal. Dont be discouraged by dispels, if you fall into the surge spam trap you will most likely lose anyway. THUNDER TEA SURGE IS GREAT- use this a lot even if the aura mastery effect isnt necessarily needed. chi wave as soon as a cc is coming your way the travel time actually helps in this situation as by the time it reaches your partner your cc should be coming off.
6) GOING BEHIND ENEMY LINES- i always announce in skype when i see an opportunity to land some cc i love the fact that i can "go behind enemy lines" and pretty much lock up any 2 players i choose, between the kick/silence and aoe stun and a "sheep' in paralyze that makes for a lot of ways to annoy an enemy team or healer. even in rbgs you can usually chi wave your team while rolling in ccing as much as you can and rolling out unharmed. Obviously use your judgement as you dont want to open yourself up for a swap, in general u want to evacuate via port or roll as soon as your cc lands
ps i am not trying to claim i am the best but from what i have seen i was probably the only monk with good records in all 3 brackets pre mmr fix, and above 2500 rating in both without queuing into exploiters (i didnt queue 5s in an effort to wait for this whole drama to blowover). Therefore, i feel i can provide some insight into the things which have worked for me. thank you
****share any thing u guys and girls have found to work for you id love to see some constructive posting!****
I will edit this as people continue to ask me questions. I just purchased a new laptop i will begin streaming all of my games on both my shaman and monk this season.
Posted Moreudirl on 21 November 2012 - 09:01 AM
i dont use very many macros at this point, some useful ones id recommend regardless of healer you play are:
Party Dispels- (i put them on my mousewheel spin it up party 1, down party 2, shift up 3, shift dow 4)
/cast [target=party1] detox
/cast [target=party2] detox
/cast [target=party3] detox
/cast [target=party4] detox
Self Dispel- This is actually a macro ive used on my shaman for almost 3 years now, its used to purge target if enemy, dispel if ally, and dispel self if i hold shift. i took out the purge part for my monk. I bind this to ` (tilda next to 1)
/cast [modifier:shift, target=player] detox; [button:2,target=player] detox; [harm] detox; [help] detox
(shaman version of this macro)
#showtooltip cleanse spirit
/cast [modifier:shift, target=player] cleanse spirit; [button:2,target=player] cleanse spirit; [harm] Purge; [help] cleanse spirit
Focus macros- kick/para self explanatory macros for using your cc and interrupt on your focus
/cast [target=focus] spear hand strike
/cast [target=focus] paralysis
BM/HS- i like this macro because its a huge burst heal kind of like ns'ing yourself if you play with a warlock. you should still bind HS seperately too if possible
/use Malevolent Gladiator's Emblem of Meditation
Cancel aura spinning crane kick- ive found this extremely useful, you can easily bind it into your spnning crane kick ability and just tap it twice. Its not a super overused spell but believe it or not you will eventually be locked out in a bad situation and the good news is you can still do about 30k healing with a spnning crane kick on yourself or a partner. The downside is you cant do any other ablities until the kick is done. Therefore, i recommend using this macro to stop it early, in favor of another heal or kick or stun etc
#showtooltip spinning crane kick
/use spinning crane kick
/cancelaura spinning crane kick
thats about all i use, mostly just general macros. You guys surely have more macros you benefit from share them here!
Im not really sure what gear style is best try them all and see what works for you. I have tried all methods of gemming and found a style im fairly comfortable with.
At first i tried to get to 10k combat regen with as much pvp power/int as i could i had something like 35% pvp power and 17k spell with t1 wep. I played this for the majority of the games this season and it was quite effective.
I then tried resilience and later decided i had more then enough tools to live and if i died it was because of my own mistake in kiting or cooldown usage rather than not enough resil.
Finally many people have been using pure spirit gems in every slot in favor of as much regen as possible which is definately a great idea however, i find i like to have a little more output on my heals so i dont have to heal as much, seeing as i tend to rely on more chi burst spells rather than soothing/surging mist mana spells.
As a result i have been gearing a different way. I am stacking a lot of regen IE over 11k but i try to go for 18000 spell power with t2 and 20% pvp power wit 60% resil. I find this is a good balance of stats for me as it allows me to burst my partners up with relatively low effort as well as putting me in a comfortable position regeneration wise. Remember relying on more chi spells not only uses less mana but also provides even more mana teas.
The scheme ive been following is:
blue slots- 320 spirit gems (sparkling), or 80 int+160 spirit gems (purified)
Red slots- 80 int+160 spirit gems (purified)
Yellow slots- 160 spirit+160 resil gems (turbid)
the result is 3x or 4x 320 spirit gems (sparkling), 3x or 4x 80 int+160 spirit gems (purified) and then 3x 160 spirit+160 resil gems (turbid)
using this scheme u can reach hit:
over 18000 spell power (closer to 19000-21000 with full gear.. im still undergeared as i dinged late)
over 11000 combat regen (closer to 12000 or 12500 with full gear)
and right around 20% pvp power (20-25% in full gear)
this gives a healthy balance of stats and provides great burst heals with some strong combat regen to sustain your mana pool even in long fights.
(I am not saying other methods are bad, as full spirit gems are very strong, i just find for the amount monks are ccd having a little more output is really nice on top of good regen)
I am not really sure what the best reforge is especially after patch. Right now im reforging as much spirit as i can as thats straight forward. Then ive been getting haste followed by crit with the lowest emphasis on mastery. I like the way haste meshes with hot ticks especially on Envelop.
SINCE PATCH- i have reforged to 8.5% haste it seems to give 7 ticks to envelop which helps with the 33% stealth nerf. Then i got a ton of sprit, followed by as much crit as i can get. I have yet to drop below 60% mana and always have 5-6 mana teas minimum in reserve)
LATEST POST SINCE THREAD IS CONFUSING
Played some games on my monk testing ascension with 2% mana meta. It seems broken to say the least, mana tea usage gives nearly 30k mana now. I was over 90% mana every game with literally more teas than i could drink.
I also noticed that the envelop nerf is huge, and we have more chi than we can spend especially with the chi wave issue (flying into grounding and dying while only healing 1 time). i didnt miss chi brew one bit as our chi spells are a lot less desirable than before, there is WAY too much chi now. I just wish envelop healed slightly more in a pvp setting :... it is nice that im able to rotate 2 envelops on different people in many situations though.
I am considering trying zen sphere out as it synergizes well with the renewing mist "nerf" This nerf is somethig i have actually found to be quite nice. The ticks now do less however, they tick faster and with the gain in crit that most of you will find via reforging you get a lot more crits with it. -more ticks, more crits, pretty much more healing before you refresh it in 10-12 seconds. For this reason i may try going zen sphere vs shaman teams to get around annoying grounding totem mechanics. Zen sphere ticks for around 12k per 2 seconds to go along with renewing @5500~ per 2 seconds. Thats a good amount of healing on a partner that you know will stick. (zen sphere is undispellable.) you can also recast it for a decent bit of "aoe healing" but i dont think its as good as letting it tick through with renewing/envelop up and surging a needed. will test in 3s tomorrow.
I am aware that in most cases surging is just a run on mana and i advised you all to stay away from it but, i have found that it is healing for nearly 75k non crit up from 60k of last patch. This coupled with our 352k mana pool and an abundance of teas makes it highly usable. Of course u shouldnt spam it but u can mix a lot of them into your healing style and sit above 70-80% mana all game. (not quite sure why its healing more.... maybe stealth buff to off set envelop dno...)
overall if they fix the chi wave bouncing into grounding nonsense... and the aura mastery actually working, i feel we will be in a very good spot. I encourage all of you to test out ascension with 2% mana meta and zen sphere vs shaman teams. (i still find chi wave to be my best heal 25% nerf or not, just frustrating when u rely on it to heal and it dies in a grounding totem 30 yards away)
sorry for grammar 8 am
Posted venruki on 14 December 2012 - 11:29 AM
Posted Blowi on 26 April 2012 - 05:12 PM
I love the social part of gaming which is why I'm still on Skype mostly everyday, talking to the friends I've met through WoW, but when I see personal attacks, I turn into a sad panda, and I'm tired of being sad.
Therefore, I'll try to make this as clear as possible, but if I see threads such as the thread toward filo which served no purpose other than people with nothing better to do than attack others, I'll strike down on them, and it's going to be hard. It stops now.
I mean, it's not everyone who still plays this game, but that doesn't mean people should be allowed to do as they please on a gaming forum. Now, I understand the urge to hate for fun in a BG forum at times, but we're on a whole new level of sad when you purposely derail a thread of someone who released a video, or create a thread just to attack an individual.
Also, I hope most people here can understand where I come from when I'm making this thread. I spend my free time to moderate AJ, and it's impossible to always be around when someone decides to stir things up, but please - report posts from people flaming, bashing, pointless threads and whatnot. Within reason of course. Surely you want a forum without this hostile attitude.
I'm posting this in General Discussion as it's where most people read the forums, and I'm willing to hear inputs, so either PM me on AJ or post in this thread. I'll edit the thread if move comes to mind, since this was pretty much a spontaneous thread.
Have a good evening all.
Posted Vexo on 26 April 2012 - 04:48 PM
Posted zephah on 26 April 2012 - 09:35 AM
i honestly could careless what happens to anybody i ever meet on this game and really doesnt bother me
couldn't care less*
sorry huge pet peeve
all things aside;
that's part of the problem. you realize that regardless how much you don't care, you're still talking to another human being right?
just because you're behind a monitor, doesn't mean you're not
when i would go to lans and shout at people and call them names, that person would noticeably feel bad, and it would make me feel bad
that's how you should feel, bad
Posted yusehz on 24 February 2012 - 05:40 AM
Posted aquatics on 24 February 2012 - 03:45 AM
1) If your internet is working for some applications and not others (i.e. skype works but WoW is lagging out) then you are NOT being DDoS'd. In most cases it means the DNS server you use is not working properly (comcast DNS servers are shit). If you have not set a DNS server then you are probably using your Internet Service Providers IP. I recommend switching to Google's or OpenDNS's server. Here's how:
http://i.imgur.com/I2VGU.png > right click your current connection and go to properties > press Internet Protocol Version 4 > properties > http://i.imgur.com/edr62.png
Mine is set to google's DNS servers, you can use whichever you want.
2) DDoS. You know you're being DDoSd if you gradually begin to lag on all programs using the internet and then disconnect from them. Sudden disconnects usually do not involve DDoS. People that DDoS you usually obtain your IP through skype or twitch tv and the amount of people that can DDoS you on the spot is surprisingly low **Do not go to DDoS as the first thing you blame when you disconnect from WoW**
But here is how to stop DDoS if you know you're being DDoSd:
Log into your router > find your mac address (should look like this http://i.imgur.com/6X5oc.png)> change one of the numbers to another number > save your settings and restart your modem
Don't change your mac address too many times per day as it might cause some problems with your ISP but this should change your IP making it impossible for the DDoSer to target you unless he/she gets your new IP (through skype/twitch/etc). Note: Doing ipconfig/release or restarting your modem/router alone will not stop DDoS.
Further Protection: If your attacker keeps finding your IP after changing your mac address try getting a VPN program like HotSpot Shield to "spoof" your IP after you have changed it.
Edit: More stuff to spoof your IP (use whichever lags you the least)
Posted Rofrot on 27 January 2012 - 10:56 AM
Posted hirtqt on 21 December 2011 - 03:16 PM
Posted Natusiadkmandk on 21 December 2011 - 03:14 PM