- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Messman
MessmanMember Since 15 Aug 2008
Offline Last Active Mar 03 2014 05:58 AM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 103
- Profile Views 1878
- Member Title Member
- Age 32 years old
- Birthday March 20, 1981
Messman hasn't added any friends yet.
Posted mckevrx on 29 September 2013 - 08:03 PM
Posted shunke on 15 September 2013 - 12:21 AM
Healer depends what you need or what are you struggling with. (Uptime/Control/Survibality).
Take HPal if you want uptime
Take Druid/Priest if you want control
Take druid/priest if you want survibality
Posted Mattadoro on 28 August 2013 - 10:23 PM
secondly you gain 1% hit
thirdly 20% heal thats holy tree not nature and useable on self or team mates
plus did i mention the swag?
Posted Skizzlol on 12 June 2013 - 01:28 AM
NEWS FLASH: THEY NEED TO BE FLAT OUT NERFED TO SHIT AND NOT COMPENSATED AT ALL. EVER. They literally ruin the fucking game and make it so that a fucking retard mongoloid idiot shitcan can spam a one button macro and have a 90% win ratio.
Here's some nerfs that should actually happen:
Remove trinket from BM
Remove web from disengage or make it dispellable
Make silencing shot a MM talent like it was and should be.
Make readiness a Survival talent like it was and should be.
Remove detect stealth from the game, (they get a flare already and a better stealth than rogues, they dont need to see them across the map in stealth as well.)
Nerf pet damage by 50%.
AND THATS IT. NO COMPENSATION AT ALL. They are really fucking OP and a nutless monkey could play one to R1 in their current state.
BOOM solid game. Hire me now please thanks.
P.S. If you disagree with my suggestions you're either:
A) A Hunter.
B )Currently play with a hunter and have seen your ratings increase exponentially this expansion.
C) Have an IQ of less than 50 and are considered to be mentally retarded.
D) All of the above.
Posted Capstone on 11 June 2013 - 04:42 AM
most of the time, i spam one button with all of my cooldowns, then i press arcane shot (bound to 1 for quick access) until the other team is dead. my main problem is honestly having the other team die before i can make full use of using all my cooldowns again with readiness. i, like most hunters (i imagine) do not care about the abilities their pets are using during stampede.
one of my stampede pets is a worm, and another one is a porcupine. i think their abilities are on autocast, and i don't even know what the worm does to be honest.
i will, however, be enjoying a 10% buff to damage on arcane shot.
Posted brosearch on 06 June 2013 - 06:09 PM
I want to start by clarifying that I have no personal animosity against Hunters. I am not the typical wow pvper who wants to see xxx class nerfed into oblivion because I have a long lasting hatred toward said class. Having said that, arena is totally unplayable currently because of Hunters. Yes it is unplayable; this is not an exaggeration. There is absolutely no chance of enjoying arena while hunters exist in their current state.
I am not making this post to whine about WOW or MOP. I prefer not to do such things. I am not going to make a long post about all the changes this game needs in order to have amazing pvp. I can deal with many absurd things happening in this game. I can deal with elemental shamans getting proc after proc and doing a ton of damage without casting. I can deal with mages not casting and doing crazy damage in a deep freeze. I can deal with feral druids hitting really really hard. I can deal with death knights having more trinkets than the pvp vendor. I can deal with a destro locks chaos bolt during their cds. I can deal with shamans having a 36 sec tremor totem. I can deal with psyfiend being extremely annoying. Clearly, there are many things in this game which present unique challenges. However all of the things listed above are avoidable and/or defendable. One of the key attributes among good players is their ability to counter imbalances such as these through the use of CDs, positioning, and coordination with their team.
That is the key point where Hunters step into a realm of God status. A Hunters arsenal is such that other players are entirely subject to the will of the Hunter. If a Hunter wants, he gets. If I beat a hunter team, it’s because he failed to beat me because of his mistakes. I didn’t beat him; he beat himself. I am being 100% serious here. With all that a Hunter can do, a loss on his part is his fault. Moreover, he could have done something different and there would be no way in which I could have beaten him. That is unacceptable. This is precisely why arena currently can’t be played seriously, and more importantly it can’t be enjoyed.
I won’t list all Hunter abilities. Rather, ill list the abilities or reasons why a Hunter is so governing.
1. The damage a Hunter does is far beyond high. This is the biggest problem with Hunters. The damage output they are capable of doing is not acceptable. It’s not healable in any way. You can’t stop it, and you can’t LOS it. Hilariously, the Hunter isn’t even the one doing most of the damage. His pets are the ones doing a majority of the damage, and those pets move like superman so you aren’t getting away. I am not sure why Hunter damage went up in 5.3, but it’s out of control right now in a big way.
2. Their control is instant, there is a lot of it, it’s ranged and it’s unavoidable. You can’t stop /cast [@focus] scatter trap, or /cast [@focus] pet stun thing, or /cast [@focus] silencing shot, and they can full trap off scatter or the pet stun OR the disengage 8 sec AOE physical root. Any hunter can land a full trap if he uses his disengage root, pet stuns a healer’s partner so they can’t eat the trap, or simply coordinates with his team. However he doesn’t even need a full trap for kills BECAUSE his damage is so damn high/instant/unavoidable. To make matters worse, they can Readiness and have access to scatter, trap and silencing shot yet again lol. In past expansions, if you ate traps, you could survive hunter cleaves. It’s truly sad but this is no longer the case. This just might be from a warlock perspective, but if I try to stand on my healer for the 3 secs scatter is on him, I’ll die before the trap even activates. Literally I have to gateway the instant they connect on me or I am dead. I can’t tell you how many times I have used my pet sac, unending resolve, fel regen and healthstone all right away, only to die through all of it as if I pulled a raid boss who one shot me.
3. The hunter isn’t controllable in any reliable way for the first few mins of a game. BM provides a trinket effect, they obviously have the regular pvp trinket, and they can readiness BM too. These are 3 ways in which the Hunter is able to free himself of any CC which enables him to assert his control and damage as he sees fit. If he wanted, he has other ways to avoid additional control attempts too, but I’ll just leave those out for now. Back to the point, you can’t stun a Hunters opener, or fear or blind it. He is going to be free period. This is a massive problem because he also has the other 2 arrows in his quiver as I mentioned above (his unreal damage and his puppet master like control). If the hunter wasn’t able to do insane damage to people, then he being free would be far less of a concern. If a hunter wasn’t able to control a healer so easily, reliably, and in a way that can’t be avoided, then him being free would also not be such an issue. However he does have all this damage and all this control, so giving him the ability to remain free to assert these things makes matters infinitely direr.
These 3 main issues combined are what make Hunters the problem they are now. 5.3 brought some changes that enable me to play my warlock in a way that is somewhat enjoyable now (I can actually do some meaningful damage). I would love to que 3v3 again, but every time I do there is an onslaught of Hunter teams who basically win by default. About 80% of all 3v3 teams have a hunter, so there is no escaping them. Additionally, it’s not just warlocks who get absolutely destroyed by these Hunter teams. When you are a God among mortals, you take everyone to pound town. NO class can really enjoy arena as long as Hunters stay like they are. I sincerely hope even Hunters themselves realize it can’t be fun like this. Lebron James wouldn’t go play basketball at the local gym because it’s not fun to play versus those who stand no chance at winning.
I challenge anyone to go watch some streams of 3v3. You will see how prevalent and utterly dominant Hunters are. Even vs. top players, they impose their will with little to no effort. I know blizzard isn’t a fan of pvp only fixes but I don’t see any other way in this situation.
Their damage needs to go way down, the BM trinket effect removed altogether, and their control must be reduced (maybe make a target immune to scatter if he has been silencing shot and vice versa). No class should have it all. If nothing is done about Hunters, this season is completely lost. There is no debating that fact.
Thanks for your support and consideration.
Posted Abidalzim on 05 June 2013 - 03:40 PM
In the end it's up to you.
Posted Feliclandelo on 03 June 2013 - 12:42 PM
Well for starts I would have 2 sets. One with strength gems, and one with resilience gems. Even one with a different meta gem.
Now as shadowcleave it is as you mentioned, rarely about burst, but about keeping up the constant pressure. I would probably go for the better socket bonuses with str/resilience gems, otherwise just gem straight resilience. Pvp power bonuses are not very potent either. It is all about surviving untill your healer is out of cc, and about peels wihle they are on your warlock. If the game drags on, you win. Damage is more than fine as a dk/lock on multiple targets, if you manage to spread your diseases and dots.
So yeah, I would probably go for resilience in that compoisition. Your Warlock could even consider stamina as they scale very well with stamina. Just remember if it is a team that rarely touches you, strength is obviously the way to go. But never underestimate a 10% increased damage reduction.
Posted AcerMVP on 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM
Disclaimer: The stuff mentioned below isn't targeted to anybody, it's not meant for trolling and neither am I advocating it. This is just a rant about the forums lately, not just arenajunkies, but also the blizzard forms. I wrote this while at work, so it might sound a bit weird cause I wrote it so quickly, but I'm sure you will understand it.
These forums just have gone down the shit hole with the amount of class wining. I literally can bathe in your tears. You guys are just crying all across the boards about every class with the nerfs and buffs that are going on. What you need to learn is that this is WoW... Just like SC2, there is always a counter to you and you're always going to counter some one.
Seriously, I'm sure all of you know there is a class that you can absolutely destroy. Like me, I rape every class cause I'm a god, but the classes I can take a dump on their chest are SP, Mages like no other. I mean, I lay a fat turd on them and they can't do anything about it.
But I'm going to start showing you why whining isn't helping:
1) EVERY CLASS HAS A BLOW YOU THE FUCK UP MACRO.... If you don't believe it, then you're just ignorant and don't know how to stack cooldowns.
2) EVERY CLASS HAS DEFENSIVES TO GET AWAY FROM THESE MACROS.
3) Every class has a reason as to why they can hit hard or not, why they can live longer and why they're just "OP".
- Rogues: Hits hard during cooldowns, compensates outside of cooldowns with CC. Very vulnerable in a stun with out trinket.
- Shamans: Can easily get globaled if done right, but has the heals to compensate if doesn't get globaled.
- Priests: Has a huge burst output/heals, but makes up for it by using cloth. If you catch a priest with out trinket or cds, he's basically garbage.
- Mages: Same shit has a priest. They'll get tossed around with out Ice Block, but makes up for it with the amount of dmg it outputs.
- Warriors: Theyre dmg is retarded, but that's because they can easily get globaled. I can global a warrior in opener if done right, that's simple. They're defensive's are garbage atm, pre disarm their shield wall and they're fucked; not even second wind will help them.
- Hunters: They take so much fucking damage, but they compensate for the damage they do/cc just like a rogue.
- Monks: Ring of Peace is just retarded. Other than that, they're easily kill-able. Just force their bubble and watch for that first stun reduction garbage for mistweavers. Windwalkers are easy kill targets.
- DK's: They can easily get globaled with out AMS, they take a lot of dmg with out cooldowns and they compensate by hitting hard.
- Paly's: Same shit as a priest. Their worst nightmare is a priest. Priest counter the shit out of palys just cause of MD. Paly's can die really easy, if they get a bubble off and heal through your burst, you're fucked, but if you have a priest in your team, you should be winning. No if's and's or butts.
- Druids: The blink shit might be the dumbest thing they gave a druid, but I understand why, you can literally global a druid with and without his tree form. So of course, the heals need to make up for this. Heart of the wild is a bit op for Boomkins/ferals, but they need some form of defensive because if you jump onto a boomy or feral with out defensive cooldowns, they're fucked.
- Warlock: Same shit as everyone above. If you're playing affliction this season, your dmg is shit. Just play something that will actually be worth playing till they fix it... Other than that as Destruction, your dmg is insane if you get a chaos bolt off, that's a huge IF. Very easy to stop a chaos bolt, if you don't know how too, then you need to quit the game because that's mostly destro locks damage, unless their shadowburn crits you for like 200k. Which happened to me last night, through cloak...... Either way, their heals are crazy, but if you ride a warlock for a few mins, you'll be fine.
With everything I stated above, what is the outcome? EVERYONE GETS HIT HARD AS SHIT NO MATTER WHAT. Every class has some kind of defensive to get out of few things here and there. With out cool downs, every class is like a tissue paper ready to get ripped apart. Every class is the same, we all do a lot of dmg/heals, but we all get blown the fuck up. If you keep dying to certain classes, you need to evaluate what the fuck you're doing and change something in order to not keep dying to them. Learn different rotations for different classes/comps, record your matches, find out what's going on and how to fix it. Instead of complaining, find ways to help each other out on how to control other class and/or deal with them. That's what AJ used to be about. Now it's turned into straight drama as if it's high school all over again.
As my fore fathers once said, It's a fucking game, play for fun or L2P.