Just get 2 ppl who can follow instructions and hit 2.2k on first week of playing with them ? Carrying WoW arena ain't hard, just put some effort in it. ( obviously, pick some OP combo and don't try to experiment )
Shadowpower, on 11 November 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:
some of us live to play WoW
lol, sad statement
Anyway, here's a recipe to fix WoW :
- bomb all the servers and create four, huge standalone servers for each of the server archetypes ( PvE, PvP, RP, RPPvP ), retracting the cattle in a smaller area
- create quests that allow you to obtain higher iLvL objects than the current raid progress can get you, but force players into pvp in all the new zones to get it ( think of Gurubashi arena, just world-wide for the areas of the new expansion )
- remove queue-from-everywhere, force players to queue in world pvp zones ( akin to Nagrand queueing place )
- remove instant get-to-raid, force players to walk through unmountable area ( Blackrock Mountain f.ex. )
- make pvp matter again, in a pve-centric game
- design a HUGE, OPEN world ( although, if too many players present, they could introduce a option borrowed from SWTOR - allow instanced zones, which means exactly that - and allow players to switch from one to another based on a 30 minute cooldown )
- allow players to PHYSICALLY stand on the benches of each arena, spectating the said matches ( you'd get a crowd watching you as you play arena, maybe limit the number of players available to spectate - also they'd be fixed in positioning and unable to cast spells )
after these events took place, I'd consider giving my money again to Blizzard. Those fixes would fix the population problem ( all players would be on one of the four servers, which would allow factions to be finally at least remotely balanced, because even if horde is outpopulating alliance at one point like 80:20, there'd still be thousands of players on each side that nobody would even give a shit on the statistics and actual numbers ), it'd fix the world pvp problem ( lots of players on same server, yet it wouldn't be a problem if they increased each zone from standard size to 10x the size ), it'd force players to actually go to a point in world to do their things ( queueing, raiding, etc ), etc etc - oh and btw, those new quests that allow you to get better gear than pretty much anyone else ? It'd be exclusive to those who either get lucky or actually care enough to get it. They'd have to go through endless suffering and misery on hands of enemy faction + their own faction to get it. % of population that would have it would obviously have to be tweaked, but it should be that the person who has it feels happy about getting it, and those who don't would need to want it enough to fight for it.
oh and not having incredibly shitty balance in PvP department would be cool too. They need to realise that most people want fairness, instead of their class dominating one season and then being shit in the next one. I certainly as fuck wouldn't want to win just because I play xyz class, there's no bragging rights to be had there. "Oh yea man, we totally beat them, we're totally good and fucking SICK man, and it has nothing to do with demonology warlocks being unkillable right now versus melee teams, no sir, we earned that win fair and square, fuck we're good."