As for 10% damage nerf being implemented - I'd rather they target the BURST ABILITIES in PvP instead of overall damage. Sustained NEEDS to be fine for arena to start breathing again after being suffocated by S16 level of passiveness.
Don't you think that's a bit unfair for "burst" abilities to be targeted? That specifically targets burst specs while everyone is gaining a dps increase. I promise you, if they take the route of "reduce burst spells" affliction locks will remain untouched despite gaining, quite possibly the most damage in the patch.
A few things to consider while watching that video.
- 2 minute trinkets on PTR still, everyone will have lower burst after it changes
- The targets are not being healed. Healing is also very powerful and if you've watched any games on PTR they can still go very long if healers respond appropriately.
- The target has no damage reduction. Most classes in the game at this point have some form of damage reduction, and if not they usually have quite a few cooldowns.
- You shouldn't judge a classes strength based on a timing of how fast they can kill someone standing still. Some classes in this video are preemptively stacking both class and trinket procs or failing to do so.
- Try doing the same thing on live. Seeing numbers like 5-7 seconds can be deceiving, when in reality you can probably already achieve that on live with a lot of classes.
I'm no trying to defend anything that may be clearly broken but you should probably take the time and test out PTR yourself being pulling out the pitchforks based on a youtube video.
This post is basically pointless and doesn't prove anything.
You're using Charred Remains (makes conflag and incinerate deal no damage but allows you to gain tons of embers), Ember Tap glyph (Which makes ember tap heal for more but over a duration of time), using your banes in order to gain even more embers and your opponents don't seem to understand they need to CC you to win. You basically attempted to find a way of healing as much as possible with no consideration of dealing damage and qued skirmish until you found players without the mental capacity to kill you.
Those talents and glyphs won't be used by anyone other than a jackass trying to accomplish what you're doing. Using that as a justification as to why damage/healing ratios are out of place is just flat out misleading.