Well, Holinka stated that there will be no Conquest points or Conquest gear pre-season, however...
For all of you wondering what is all this about and if you are not familiar with Ashran, allow me to explain:
- Ashran is basically a blend of Guild Wars 2 WPvP and MOBA-style (you have one lane, flags represent turrets and finally, you get to siege the opponent's base).
- If you win an Ashran battle (killing the enemy boss) you get 500 Honor (if you are near your base) or 625 Honor (if you are near the enemy base) and a daily chest with Honor or Conquest (if you are lucky like me) piece.
- Currently, most of the people abusing this are players who are playing on imbalanced realms. On my realm, we were 60-80 Alliance players versus 3 Horde players, who never stood a chance of course. So we would just constantly farm their boss and get 500/625 Honor every 15-20 minutes.
How to win an Ashran battle:
- You need to capture flags towards the enemy base. Once you capture the last flag, the two Elite mobs that 1-shot everyone who comes nearby are gone, and you have 10 minutes to kill the enemy boss or the whole battle resets. (basically, you literally need to outnumber the opposing faction 1 to 20 to MAYBE kill the boss, as you aggro EVERY MOB from their base, and each and every one of them are tanky as fuck, especially since everyone is shit-geared, otherwise, no one gets anything).
- Your faction needs to gather 500 Artifact Pieces (which drop from all mobs on Ashran) to summon a Guardian. Your Guardian has 13mil HP and is a beefy fuck. Basically, you let him tank everything, while healing him and just DPS down the adds. You can also do the Ogre quest and get a less beefier Guardian (4 times weaker if I remember correctly). Or have a good PvE group with coordinated healers and tanks, but that is less likely.
Hope I made it clear ^^
Also note: tonight was a random server 6 hour shutdown. This kinda resembles the early Cataclysm Tol Barad days (2k honor anyone?), and they probably brought the servers down with all the shit that was going on since release and possibly to fix Ashran.
ysnakewooMember Since 29 Apr 2013
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 11:08 PM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 1200
- Profile Views 3353
- Member Title Advanced Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Bosnia and Herzegovina