Started playing some pvp on a warrior. I'm very inexperienced, my brother is letting me try it out and whatnot. I've followed pvp very closely, yet super casually over the past few years so I'm well aware of the arena concept.
What I'm looking for is a few tips I guess as to how to improve my gameplay. Currently I kind of just run 2s with a Rsham or KFC 3s anywhere from 1500 to as high as 1750-1800 mmr. I'm well aware that this is a very strong comp however keep in mind I'm on some dog server and just playing with friends who also have little to no experience.
Anyways currently I am your typical warrior, go in and try to get a few defensive Cooldowns, pop skill macro and hopefully win. Sure I am gradually improving at peeling, but only really when they go on my healer. If they go on me I just rotate my defensive CD's here and there randomly with no thought as to which defensive CD would be best for which situation.
A couple of my questions would include:
1) What kind of situations do you use certain defensive cooldowns? Like is Rally Cry/Retal better in some situations than using wall, etc. Pretty much the only thing I consider for these is for Retal if it's melee or not on me.
2) What are some situations where you switch between certain talents pre-game (double charge/charge stun, Avatar/Storm Bolt, etc.)
3) I seem to be ok in 2s, depending on which friend I run with (both Rshams) we have gotten up to nearly 1650 with 1700+ mmr at times. However in 3s I tend to get lost. It at times feels like I'm wasting charges or that I'm really not accomplishing alot of damage. I've been higher before in arenas on a priest as disc in Cata (2k+), but playing a ranged is quite a lot different I've found. What are some things you do to somewhat pick a target to stay on? I understand the concept of switching but sometimes you just need a bit of uptime with can be difficult to come by.
4) Some of these warrior macro's seem out dated on this site. Is there a place where some of these macros are available? *Prefer something free...
The only other thing I would note is that not only are we newer to the pvp scene, but our gear is horrendous compared to most teams we face. I'm only about 40-50% Malevelant now so obviously this is holding us back a bit. I'm also just gemmed for damage which I know is not the correct way to go for top tier play, but obviously I'm not in the top tier right now and I started late so I just want to really just get practice without getting into 25 minute ties all the time. but I feel like even with the gear disadvantage we should be able to get a bit higher than we are.
LtlbopeepMember Since 12 Feb 2013
Offline Last Active Feb 22 2013 08:25 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 2
- Profile Views 273
- Member Title Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Ltlbopeep hasn't added any friends yet.
No latest visitors to show