- Viewing Profile: Reputation: hertzuk
hertzukMember Since 17 Jun 2008
Offline Last Active Apr 26 2015 04:01 PM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 1575
- Profile Views 17169
- Member Title Advanced Member
- Age 25 years old
- Birthday March 18, 1990
Posted Filthpig on 05 December 2014 - 02:17 PM
I want a big red yeti with armor and chains dragging some feral and ret corpses.
Posted Marshmellow on 05 December 2014 - 08:07 AM
Posted Whiskee on 18 January 2015 - 09:31 AM
lava burst, the dk is an idiot and kicks fire
grounding, cast surge, j/k storm bolt ignores it
cast surge, silenced
cast surge, gripped
cast surge, feared
cast surge, 1.2s stunned
oh look, kicks are ready again
Posted Hackattack3 on 11 January 2015 - 02:20 AM
Also ask yourself if you are 100% only playing afflic. I personally like to annoy people w/ resto lock spec in 2s and bgs so mastery is more valuable to me. Still too early in the game for multiple gear sets unless you have a fully functional gladiators sanctum. Let's take a closer look at the gear and you will see there's only a few pieces with options:
Helm: crit/mult vs mastery/mult
Neck: mastery/mult vs crit/haste
Shoulder: crit/mastery vs haste/mult
Cloak: crit/mastery vs haste/mastery
Chest: crit/haste vs haste/mastery
Wrist: crit/mastery vs crit/multi
Hands: haste/mastery vs crit/mastery
Waist: crit/haste vs haste/multi
Pants: mastery/mult vs crit/mult
Feet: haste/mastery vs crit/mult
I'm not looking at weapons, rings (most likely pve rings), or trinkets, that's already been covered elsewhere. I put the no brainers in bold and left the ones that give you an option for customization.
As you can see when you put our options side by side, the only real decision is between helm, neck, and shoulder. The other pieces there isn't really a debate if you value haste/mastery above all else. This is why you see people using pve helms (b/c the first boss drops haste/mastery) and this is why you see people break 4pc to stack haste (which I feel is not worth it for the marginal haste & mastery gain).
If I was a hardcore pve nerd killing mythic I would use pve wrist and rings and a haste/mastery belt if you can find one.
Posted abolishedtehe on 27 December 2014 - 05:14 PM
Posted Lolflay on 27 December 2014 - 01:01 AM
Posted Momohgg on 23 December 2014 - 02:15 PM
Posted Jim_Jim on 22 December 2014 - 11:03 PM
The best season i've ever played was S11 because i played with the best player in 10 years of WoW. Friendly, funny, really good with his class (A guy who become real life friend, more than a friendly mate). Even if we were disqualified for no reason (The first gladiator was like 2200, something like that because Blizzard made a huge ban wave - for once -) and even if the PvE stuff was awful, i loved this season.
If you don't have fun, stop playing, it's a game after all.
Even if i raged a lot against mage and wizardcleave last season, i loved MoP. Playing with Volta and Volko is really fun
Posted Glickz on 15 December 2014 - 07:05 AM
3x MLG champ,
1st NA regionals, 3rd Blizzcon (TBC era)
Merciless Gladiator and Brutal Gladiator (S2, S4) 8 time glad from S1-S8
Posted Zaephyr on 19 September 2014 - 12:46 PM
Posted Regent on 19 September 2014 - 05:45 AM
Posted Capstone on 19 September 2014 - 01:47 AM
no strategy needed, it is just like wow. you pick hunter every game and attack until you win. other classes have to aim and do things with their hero powers, but with hunter, you just press it and it shoots the other player. basically, it is the same as wow
i just started playing a couple weeks ago, and through lots of picking hunter, i obtained legend today
if you are a hunter reading this, DO NOT HESITATE to play hearthstone and obtain your free legendary card back. DO NOT queue for arenas in WoW until you have gotten your complimentary hearthstone rewards. i repeat, hunters, DO NOT queue for arenas in WoW and go play hearthstone
thank you all for your time
Posted Regent on 18 September 2014 - 11:54 PM
Since there has been a lot of drama recently, I figured I would make a TL;DR thread for those of you that have successful real lives and can't sit on ArenaJunkies 24/7.
The North American Regional Qualifiers:
- Hosted by ESL (the same company that organized the holocaust)
- 2800 players qualify but only 50 Teams signed up
- No seeding and random placement meant some popular teams eliminated each other right of the bat
- Zero interaction with Blizzard, even after the ESL website wasn't working
- People suspect Blizzard will be asking for some of the money they paid ESL back, since ESL apparently completely forgot that they were supposed to hold this tournament
- Timestamp does show that Vanguards team was almost 30 minutes late to their match
- They claim they had no idea the time they were supposed to play
- Poor organization and almost no help from ESL admin, many people think they didn't deserve the loss
- Vanguards, being the least confrontational person in existence, made a nice forum post saying how he is slightly angry that he missed out on a chance for $40,000 USD
- Claims his first loss was not actually the "real" game and only practice
- Screenshots show his team agreeing it was the real game
- Some people claim that after his second loss he tried to contact tournament admin and get it changed
- Talbadar is "disappointed" in jah
- Jah, unsurprisingly, calls everyone "retards" and hasn't been seen since
- By far the biggest drama generating event of the tournament
- Wizk, Jakenotezz, and Random rogue decided to play RPS in tournament
- Upon tournament brackets coming out, they realize they will have to fight comps that are strong against them
- Wizk realizes that it would be too obvious to ddos his opponents, he determines he will have to come up with another way to cheat
- Wizk replaces his rogue and rsham with an rdruid and mage who are not on his team roster and then wins multiple games (it is assumed that the mage was played by, "Piecez," and the druid by, "Rynd")
- People (obviously) realize what is happening and he gets disqualified for cheating
- Wizk then cries, makes a 40 minute video about why he didn't cheat, no one believes him
- Jakenotezz, then makes a post on AJ admitting that they cheated, apologizing, and says he only did it to bang his 18 y/o e-girlfriend when he goes to New York
- Wizk then claims he is too good for this community
- Wizk locks in his spot next to Xandyn in the "top 5 scummiest wow players of all time"
- Randomroguex is mad that no one knows who he is, doesn't understand the concept of why cheating is bad, and is apparently a part of some "elite cheaters club"
- Apparently it was easier to allow these people to play in the tournament and then disqualify them after they won
- Raises multiple questions about the outcome of the tournament, since the teams who got DQ'ed knocked people out of the tournament
- The dominant team of Jeff, Barry, and Twochainz is rumored to be one of the teams DQ'ed
- Made multiple weird posts about having a girlfriend
- Multiple awkward tweets involving, but not limited to: old memes, obscure Norwegian cover bands, and History channel TV shows
- All of this is okay though, because according to him, he "has a lot of friends"
- but apparently forget to tell him he is off the team
- Famous monk, "Dannycarey" is replace by other famous monk, "Verdantstorm"
- Novoz and Thugonomicz imply that Dannycarey is part of something (Illuminati?)
- Dannycarrey still hasn't run out of mana
- Surprisingly, Glinks didn't cheat or try to ddos anyone
- Nice work, Glinks
- A week has gone by since his last sighting
- Police have decided to end the search
- His family stays hopeful
- Datacus tries really hard to get some free rep, fails miserably
- For the first time in over a year, people are capped out on giving rep
- If you point out any scummy things that friends of the moderators have done, you will be getting an infraction
- Flavour is still making stupid posts
- Dillypoo's insults have been getting noticeably better over time, possibly hitting puberty soon?
- Bigmoran tries to dispel ddos rumors by threatening to ddos anyone who talks about it
- Thugonomicz believes that Arenajunkies.com is actually "Horse cocks"
- Bailamos dropped in to insult Jakenotezz for having an e-girlfriend, the irony is palpable
- More wintrading in EU, no one is surprised
- The "scummy dozen" continue to rep each-other in an attempt to make it seem like they have some community support
- Ayra is still black, and still european
Posted glonglon on 13 March 2014 - 12:27 PM
Affliction Warlock Guide (5.4.7)
This guide is written mainly for players new to playing affliction in arenas / PvP.
- Good spread pressure and even better spread pressure with dark soul.
- Good single target pressure with dark soul & haunt.
- Good cleaving in BG/RBG with Seed of Corruption.
- Due to your low mobility (you’re limited to teleport/gate), your spammable CC and the fact that you only have one panic button (dark regeneration) your opponents will train you all day.
- This is the warlock’s spec with the lowest surviviability, you don’t have embers to heal yourself like destro does, you don’t have good damage mitigation like demo does. To survive you can only rely on your good positioning.
Level 15 : Dark Regeneration
You want to pick dark regeneration. This talent will be your « panic button » when you’re unable to teleport/gate to avoid incoming burst damage.
Level 30 : Shadowfury or Mortal Coil
if your team doesn’t have any reliable stuns you’ll pick Shadowfury. Shadowfury is a great starter for your CC chains, for example you can shadowfury the enemy healer so he won’t be able to go out of your line of sight then you can full fear him.
If your team already has reliable stuns you’ll pick Mortal coil because it doesn’t share DR with stuns.
Level 45 : Soul Link
You want to pick Soul link when playing with Grimoire of Supremacy because it scales pretty well with the glyph of eternal resolve & resilience.
When playing with Grimoire of Sacrifice you don't have any pet so you'll pick Dark Bargain because Soul Link is not interesting without pet. You'll use Dark Bargain to counter major bursts cooldown from your opponents when you're unable to teleport/gate.
Sacrificial pact is useless due to the fact that it doesn't ignore battle fatigue.
Level 60 : Blood Horror or Unbound Will
In arenas, you’ll use blood horror against meleecleaves and Unbound Will against castercleaves.
Notice that Blood Horror can be grounded or spell reflected so you’ll need a cancelaura macro for blood horror. (see macro section)
If you successfully horrify a melee with blood horror then you can fear him without any risks of being interrupted. This will allow your healer to breathe.
Be careful when using Unbound Will, It’ll trigger spells that have a dispell protection such as Unstable Affliction.
Level 75 : Grimoire of Supremacy
You want to pick grimoire of Supremacy against teams that doesn't train your pet, It’ll turn your felhunter into an observer. Basically it’s the same pet but with a bigger HP pool so he is less susceptible to die through soul link damage. The Observer also does decent damage and can dispell one magical effect with clone magic. Don't let your clone magic on autocast, you want to dispell key magic abilities like fear ward.
You want to use Grimoire of Sacrifice against teams that like to train your pet or teams with a lot of spread pressure like LSD. You'll sacrifice the felhunter to get the spell lock. Against hunter's teams you can also sacrifice the Imp to be able to dispell freezing traps on your healer with singe magic.
Level 90 : Archimonde's Darkness
For arenas you'll pick Archimonde's Darkness, you’ll be able to burst more often with this talent. Always try to sync dark soul with your surge of dominance proc otherwise your burst will be significantly weaker. I recommend you to use an addon like Weakauras or ExtraCD to track your Insignia of dominance Internal Cooldown.
For BG/RBG you'll pick Mannoroth's fury to be able to cleave with seed of corruption.
- Eternal Resolve (Mandatory) : 10% damage reduction will make you more tanky.
- Unstable Affliction (Mandatory) : Faster UA will greatly improve your quality of life.
- Siphon Life (Recommended) : You have a bit of choice for your third glyph slot, I like Siphon Life because the healing over time is nice and steady but you can replace this glyph by glyph of Healthstone, Demonic circle is also nice if you feel you are getting trained a lot. Coex glyph, helps in lots of situations especially peeling or stopping someone from LOSing your ccs.
Stats Priorities / Gearing / Enchants / Gemming / Reforge / professions / Best races
Stats priorities :
Your stats priorities goes as follow :
6% hit > Intellect > Haste = Mastery > Crit
Haste vs Mastery debate :
Affliction benefits from both Haste and Mastery.
Haste gives you : extra ticks to your dots, extra soul shards, faster GCD and faster casts time so you’re less susceptible of being interrupted. With a haste gemming & reforge your playstyle will be a bit more dynamic.
Mastery gives you : more DoTs damage. 193.5 mastery = +1% damage to your Agony, Unstable Affliction and Corruption which is very good. With a mastery gemming & reforge your DoTs will be a bit stronger.
Most of the high rated warlocks tends to prefer the full haste gemming & reforge playstyle but my advice for you is to try full haste & full mastery and see which playstyle suits you best. Remember that whatever your choice will be it’ll not make or break your dps.
You’ll pick all the Prideful Gladiator’s five set and the following offpieces with Haste & mastery :
Neck – Prideful Gladiator’s Pendant of Alacrity
Back – Prideful Gladiator's Drape of Prowess
Wrists – Prideful Gladiator’s Cuffs of Prowess
Waist – Prideful Gladiator’s Cord of Accuracy for non-humans or Prideful Gladiator’s Cord of Cruelty for humans.
Feet – Prideful Gladiator’s Treads of Alacrity
Head - None
Shoulders – 200 Int / 100 Crit
Back – Ligthweave Embroidery or 180 int
Chest – 80 to all Stats
Wrist – 180 Int
Hands – 170 Mastery or 170 Haste
Waist– Living Steel Belt Buckle
Legs – 285 Int / 165 Crit
Feet – 140 Mastery / Run Speed
Main Hand Weapon – Jade Spirit or Spirit of Conquest
Offhand Weapon – 165 Int
Haste playstyle :
Red : 80 int + 160 haste
Blue : 160 haste + 160 hit
Yellow : 320 haste
Meta : 665 pvp power and 775 PvP Resilience
Mastery playstyle :
Red : 80 int + 160 mastery
Blue : 160 mastery + 160 hit
Yellow : 320 mastery
Meta : 665 pvp power and 775 resilience
Reforge for 6% hit then follow the stats priorities I’ve gave you above. If you struggle with reforging, you can install the addon reforgelite.
For a Human : tailoring for ligthweave embroidery (2k int proc) + Herbalism for lifeblood (+7% on-use haste buff that you’ll add into your dark soul burst macro).
For a Non-human : engineering for synapse springs (2k int on-use) + tailoring
Best races :
Alliance : Human is the best due to the fact that they are able to play with double damage trinkets. Also they got an expertise bonus for playing with 1h swords that will allow them to reforge a bit more hit into more haste or mastery.
Horde : Troll is the best for the berserking racial that you'll add into your burst macro (see macro section) for more burst.
Your rotation is pretty simple as affliction, first you apply your row of DoTs to a target, then you spread them to nearby targets with soul swap and to conclude you mash fear with every other globals :
#1 First you want to apply Agony, it’s a ramp up time dot, at one stack it is your weakest DoT but at 10 stacks it’s your strongest DoT, so make sure to always refresh it when it is about to end to keep it ticking at 10 stacks.
#2 Then you want to apply Unstable Affliction, it is your second best DoT and it provides dispell protection.
#3 You’ll apply Corruption, this is your weakest DoT but it can proc Nightfall for free soulshards.
#4 Soulswap your DoTs to nearby targets, if there are no nearby targets skip to #5
#5 Apply Curse of the Elements when you have nothing better to do.
#6 Use Malefic grasp as a filler, if you’re afraid of being interrupted use Fel Flame instead. Tbh, you’ll rarely use these abilities due to the fact that you have more important things to do like spamming fears, refreshing your dots, soul swapping, or applying curses. Yes, You’re pretty much GCD starved as affliction.
About Drain soul :
This is your « execute » ability you’ll use it as a filler against targets below 20% health.
Understanding DoTs snapshotting (When to apply/refresh DoTs) :
When you apply or refresh DoTs your character’s stats are « snapshotted » therefore damage is calculated from the « snapshot » AT THE TIME of application.
Using Dark Soul will not automatically empower the DoTs you previously applied, you’ll have to refresh them so they’ll benefit from the 30% haste buff, then you’ll start soulswapping those stronger DoTs to nearby targets.
Always apply/refresh your DoTs when you have buffs that increases your spellpower or your haste like Dark Soul and Surge of Dominance. The basic rule is to apply your DoTs when you have dark soul/procs buffs up and to refresh them when those buffs are about to expire.
On the other hand, you never want to replace your stronger dots by weaker dots. if your character’s stats are significantly weaker than when you applied them don’t refresh ! (e.g Your Dark Soul buff ended but your Dark Soul DoTs are still rolling)
You also don’t want to apply/refresh your dots if you have debuffs on your character (e.g rogue’s nerve strike).
Affdots is an incredibly helpful addon. This addon compares dots on target with your current stats and shows if reapplying DoTs will make them stronger or weaker.
In the coming extension « Warlords of Draenor » DoTs will scale dynamically with your stats so you’ll no longer need to worry about refreshing or not your DoTs.
Understanding Soul swap :
Soulswap is the ability that you’ll use to spread your DoTs to nearby targets. To use Soul Swap efficiently you need to understand the previous chapter about DoTs snapshotting.
Soul swap works in 2 times (Inhale & Exhale) :
First step, Soul swap : Inhale : It copies the DoTs you applied on your target but also their duration.
Second step, Soul swap : Exhale : It applies the dots you previously inhaled to another target. (Must be a different target from inhalation)
You always want to Inhale DoTs with high duration. If you inhale DoTs that are about to fade you’ll also exhale DoTs that are about to fade and this is pretty much useless...
Understanding Soulburn : soul swap & Pandemic :
Soulburn : soulswap costs 1 shard and instantly apply your 3 dots to the target.
Warlocks got a passive ability called pandemic that extends DoTs duration by 50% if you apply your DoTs twice. What I like to do in the arena opener is to apply a full row of DoTs to a target, then use dark soul and soulburn : soulwap the same target to empower and extend the DoTs duration, then I start spreading those DoTs with my regular soulswap. Thanks to the extended DoTs duration, you’ll be able to soulswap DoTs to more targets.
How to use Haunt properly :
The main purpose of Haunt is to create pressure on a single target so you’ll use it primarily on the kill target, however haunt damage can be easily healed through.
For this reason, you’ll cast haunt on the kill target only if the enemy healer is CC’ed, look for fear opportunities on the enemy healer before casting haunt. if you cast haunt on the kill target when the enemy healer is free to cast heals on his teamates you basically wasted a soul shard.
What I like to do in 3s is to fear the enemy healer then cast haunt on the kill target and the other dps if I can. Sometimes, it's hard to get haunt casts off because smart opponents will be aware that it's one of your key damage abilities and will try to interrupt it.
About Seed of Corruption :
This spell is great for Cleaving in BG/RBG. If your opponents are clustered together Soul burn : Seed of Corruption becomes better than haunt. Notice that you can stack the regular seed of corruption and the soulburn : Seed of Corruption on the same target.
How to burst in BG/RBG with Mannoroth's fury :
How to burst as affliction in Arenas with dark soul :
Basic Arenas tips
During the opener you’ll wait for your surge of dominance proc, It’ll usually happen when you apply your first row of DoTs to a target, then pop your burst macro (cf : macro section) and refresh your dots with soulburn : soul swap to empower them and extend their duration thanks to pandemic then start spreading those powerful DoTs to nearby targets (including pets) with your regular soul swap, don’t spread your DoTs to the enemy healer if you want to CC him. If the enemy healer is CC’ed apply haunt on the kill target and the other dps if you can. Use Malefic grasp or Fel Flame as a filler but you usually have better things to do like fearing. Don’t forget to refresh your DoTs when dark soul is about to expire, then soul swap them again. That kind of opener will force a lot of defensive cooldowns from your opponents, then wait for your insignia of dominance ICD to come back and try to score a kill with your second charge of dark soul.
Between two dark souls keep your DoTs rolling on as much targets as possible (cf : rotation chapter) and spam fear on the DPS. Try to save your Fear DR on the enemy healer for your next burst attempt.
Viable setups :
LSD : Affli/ele/rdruid
WLS : warrior/affli/rsham
MLS : frost mage /affli/rsham
RLS : sub rogue/affli/rsham
HLS : survival hunter/affli/rsham
Comps Strategies :
Hope some very high rated junkies like Blukstack will help fill this section.
Hope you’ll enjoy reading this guide, constructive feedback is appreciated.
Posted Dizp on 23 August 2014 - 09:37 PM
Yes, there were some op shit back then, just like its been every season, just like it is in every game. Difference is that u had to put a lot more effort into the game to suceed.
Healers had to cast, every single healer roll had their own "thing". Pick a priest if you wanted an offensive comp e. g rmp, pick a shaman if you want something a bit more passive but with a strong all in for example rps. Pick a paladin for strong all-in cds and mobility (meleecleaves). Druids, overall very strong in most comps (talking about s7-8 not s5 ). Now you simply pick a shaman or resto druid, or you will be at a disadvantage from the very start.
Back then all classes didnt have cc, and most importantly, there were very few instant cc abilities. Now every single class has a lot of cc and its mostly instant casts. But the biggest difference is that, while there werent that much cc in the game, when you actually hit a cc chain, you could get a kill. Now someone can sit ccd for 15 sec, come out and top someone off in a single global, and these globals are all instant casts, before you could come out of a 15 sec cc chain, still struggeling to keep ur allies up, maybe you had to fakecast in order to heal ur team back up, yes, you actually had to be decent at fakecasting, cus pretty much all ur heals were casts, except for resto druids. Oh and btw, now every single fucking healer in the game has aura mastery (not like its needed though, but still retarded).
Same goes for dps classes about the instant cast part, mages dont cast, warlocks dont cast, boomkins doesnt cast, does any CASTER dps actually cast? Ele shammys i guess. Now the best mage is the one that casts the leasts, if ure casting, ure doing something wrong. Yes it was frustrating playing a mage while getin trained, but that was also what sorted the good mages from the bad ones, they made it work, even while getin trained. Oh, and yes. Mages had to kite. Now mages are just as tanky as any other class in the game, well, almost. All mages do the same, they pop their shit and do a lot of damage without casting a spell, what differs the very best from the other high rated is only their timing of when they pop their shit.
tl;dr in wotlk all healers had their specifik role, and they were best at that role. Healers had to cast. Dps classes had to cast. The gap between good and GOOD mages (other classes as well) was huge.
yes, im mad.
Forgot the biggest issue of them all. Every class has like 5 defensive abilities each to go through, its simply to many and extremely frustrating at times.