first, lowering the amount of available haste, taking blanket off counterspell, and making deep break on damage were a few of the best changes the class has received in years. it is a lot more fun to play already than it ever was in mop
let's examine some new things about the mage class:
ice nova. this ability doesn't make any sense. it replaces frost nova, which is a reduction of binds and a shift away from a core ability that requires you to position yourself somewhere to set something up. it does much, much more damage than any of your other abilities (you would have to stand still and cast ~5-6 frostbolts to do as much damage as you do with a single, instant, uncasted ice nova). it puts everyone it hits on POLYMORPH dr (actual wtf), and it does aoe damage. let me list the unintended problems with this:
1. this only increases anyone's incentive to train a single target, because after i use my ice novas, i'm not doing any damage, so i want to play defensive, but i can't swap off the target i was just on to do it, since that target is now on double polymorph DR.
2. everyone around that target is on polymorph DR too. if i'm fighting a cleave (and all i'm fighting is cleaves), i can't polymorph the other DPS because he's on full dr from using a completely necessary ability on the guy standing next to him the entire game. even if i polymorphed ahead of time, this move will BREAK polymorph on whoever for using it, and there really isn't any choice - ice nova is so powerful my options are 1.) use it or 2.) suck
3. this ability literally does not allow me to think for myself. if i have cc or my partner used cooldowns, i am obligated to press this button, everytime, unconditionally. i don't need a fingers of frost proc, i don't have to fake an interrupt, i just press this shit
ok, so i haven't been a fan of fingers of frost since wrath. i still believe you should have to have a freeze effect on your target to ice lance or deep freeze it, but it's just out of control now
at some point some developer got the idea in their mind that it'd be really cool if fingers of frost made your ice lance do MORE damage, and so it was all of mop, but now this buff actually makes ice lance do 100% more damage. let's examine what this change does:
1. it does nothing for pve. you can't deep freeze or frost nova a boss, so literally all of your ice lance damage is fingers of frost damage, so the modifier ONLY affects pvp
2. since blizzard added a gigantic fucking curved blue icon that surrounds your character whenever fingers of frost procs, it's extremely easy for everyone who logs on a mage with the desire to have instant success (hello mists of pandaria) to just press ice lance and do damage. it's considerably more difficult, as it always has been, to use your own personal novas for it (though frostbite no longer exists and with the addition of ice nova this literally only leaves ranged freeze). but because of the fingers of frost change, ice lance does the same damage frostbolt does to targets when you don't have fingers of frost up. ice lance probably SHOULD do the same damage as frostbolt, except that some developer decided frostbolt should hit for 5k and crit for 10k
3. this spell is GENERATED by ranged nova, and as i said earlier, with the removal of frost nova, frostbite, and deep freeze breaking on damage, ranged freeze is your only freeze. this means when you go to generate procs to do damage, you instantly have to break your own freeze by ice lancing with a buff that was designed to allow you to use damage for ice lance without a freeze effect. it has totally defeated the original purpose of fingers of frost, which was stupid in the first place
now i could finish this post by talking about how dumb frost bomb is as an alternative to ice nova, or how incanter's flow is the dumbest, most rng talent in the universe, or even how the level 100 talents are some of the worst thought out and least effective abilities ever created, but i have one significant gripe that i literally have to look away from everytime i notice to stop myself from getting upset
this is some of the most fucked shit i've ever seen in this game
ok. the first one about frozen orb exploding like anyone stands in that shit for a full 10 seconds or 4000 damage is significant to anyone in the universe, that's just dumb, careless, lazy developing which is pretty consistent with blizzard's approach to frost mages. i don't really mind incompetence
the problem i have is that the second set bonus indicates, there is some developer somewhere who is trying to leave their mark on the mage class and change it in a meaningful way, and this person has never actually played mage for a significant amount of time. whoever was spearheading this idea should be fired immediately
you have to ice lance a frozen target to increase the damage of frostbolt.
first of all, it's basically impossible to ice lance a frozen target five consecutive times
second, who in the fuck wants to ice lance FIVE times, then CAST a spell to finish a target? casts are always going to happen at the start of a setup when you have cc on a target or they aren't desperately running around a pillar to line you
lastly, this developer doesn't know how much damage frostbolt does. let's say i decide i REALLY want to make the most of this stupid frostbolt bonus, and i ice lance a target five times and i get the frostbolt buff stacked up to 25%. i can now cast frostbolt for 5k damage (10k if it crits) and gain 1-2k damage on my frostbolt. this set bonus presumes that adding 1-2k damage to a single frostbolt cast is a legitimate reward for ice lancing the same target 5 times consecutively, which is impossible to do in the first place
so, yeah, ice nova is fucked, but my primary concern here is that there is some developer is actively trying to do things to the mage class, which will not end well, since every major gameplay change to the class that has ever been made has been a negative one. the best changes this xpac are ones that returns it to the state it was in BC (no blanket, no deep, less haste)
ImSoAesthetic, on 17 November 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:
Are you guys aware that Ashran is just another strategy for blizzard to earn a shitload of money from xfer and change faction ?
You are forced to transfer to another server or change faction if you want to win Ashran.
Arenajunkies is just getting worse and worse since cataclyscm every season there is some new cheater of some sort allowed to just spam post on this site spreading their aids. Doesn't matter if its proved even that the person has cheated they still do not get banned and just keeps remaking new accounts allowed to post 100 times before MAYBE banned again. Get your shit together and bann players like Jaime & Vess, Rogtrainer, Bailamos list goes on.
Perhaps time to get a moderator that isn't a complete retard and actually puts time into moderating the site, you even had a moderator that was one of the biggest cheaters of this game, Starcookie.
I didn't que Untill around august/sept once I had no more cms / pve to do So don't know? also found a screenshot at 2am of you with Vilde/Ruinz/hogg/zimp/smallung/saggy/jxmz... pretty sure thats a few of the core you used for eheroes ?
Nah, thats not the "original eheroes" team, only me and ruinz from the people you listed was in that team, then we had people like wallirikz, healingstat, rizzy, waffle, natubob, minpojke etc