People are clearly missing the real issue about disc priests in here.
The real problems we're looking at here is:
- Fear cooldown
- CC avoidance
- The lack of a saving ability such as Nature's swiftness.
- No reliable instant casts
- First things first. Priests lack CC as of now. There's no doubt. Reducing the cooldown with 15 seconds would make a huge difference.
- Second off, it's quite dumb having to face the hunter/mage/rogue and be in range for holy fire to hit the target. If you're lucky enough, you'll manage to randomly holy fire a instant CC like trap which is pretty much impossible to avoid otherwise. Holy fire is a good offensive ability and we should really have it ready for a burst situation rather than trying to avoid CCs with it.
- Not having a safe button such as Druid/shamans NS is pretty dumb with all the instant ccs flying around. An idéa is to revamp the lvl 100 talent absorb and simply make it instant cast with a 1.5 minute cooldown or so.
- We all know priest's got no instant heal. Now with the 15% shield absorb nerf, we pretty much have to cast cast and cast (as if we dont have to already kappa). As people suggest, making PoM instant again would make a huge difference.
Reflections: Ofcourse this is a hard thing for blizzard to manage, this are just some thoughts that I came up with and I really dont think 15% off the shield is a big deal, but ofcourse we need to see some other changes aswell as the shield nerf.
USELESS LVL 90 talents... Seriously... They are the worst of,the worst... Compare with sny other class: nothing this terrible
I agree that the 90 talents fucking stinks but Divine star is actually pretty neat considering it gives you instant flash procs, however the heal is really terrible and it is a waste of GCD unless you have healthbars in control.
Tendrils and guise is your key to success versus warriors. Allways have reflective shield and make sure to dot/holyfire on cd to make the warrior a swapable target when he drops low. The warrior will drop insanely much on his cds if you have a full shield up.
Fake casting his pummels when you are fine, try to make him waste it when you are full hp (will work on 1700 mmr).
Call for peels on his cds and make sure not to PS/Barrier before he pops shit.
Go with prayer of mending as lvl 100 talent for an extra passive heal.
Wouldn't all of this be a moot point if they removed pseudo interrupts? For instance, if they 'pruned' Gouge (like they should have in Beta), and made Kidney not affected by Revealing Strike that would probably be more than enough.
It's not the damage (even if it's scary) it's the amount of consistent lock down when a Rogue is on you now that healers don't have instants anymore.
Now let's not extend the issue regarding lockdowns. It is as you say, the revealing strike, that has to go. Damage, kick and gouge is completely necessary and is a fine mechanic equal to all melee classes, let's not completely bash the rogue class for a simple fact that is just one dumb thing that has to go.