Oh. My. Fucking. God.
The moment a person actually starts to tolerate you and maybe think that you'll turn out alright in the end, you write shit like this. You're a lost fucking cause, aren't you ? Take it from someone who did more boosting than you've had chance to during your little Ele Shaman escapade - if you're doing it, at least don't be a dick about it. You can't honestly believe boosting is good for this game ?
Here's a personality trait I had before. I used to be extremely hostile towards some players ( who I guess you could call "new kids on the block" ) who got Gladiator/R1 in the past, mostly because I didn't deem them worthy enough ( If I'm > them, why did they get reward >= mine ? )
But even though I was bitter towards them, I've ACCEPTED them. And do you know why ? BECAUSE those players are what keeps ARENA alive.
We have two players, Bob and Murray.
Bob is a guy with 3000 arena games in this season, Bob is a solid Duelist, but he might have a shot at Gladiator in 1000ish more games.
Murray likes chasing tail more than playing arena, but Murray wants Gladiator. Murray decides to buy Gladiator.
Bob gets at the exact rating the cutoff is at. Murray's boost knocks Bob out. Murray walks around with the title, while Bob, a legitimate player who probably would've continued playing arena if not for scumbags, is left in dirt.
Sure, Bob can try next season, and he probably will, but he's been fucked out of a title he worked really hard for, while on another hand, Murray just got his Glad achievement, title and mount, and will probably never participate in arena again at all.
TL;DR - anyone who supports boosting in any way is fucking retarded. Timeline of events :
- R1/Gladiator means something, is a prestigious thing to acquire in this game.
- more people start playing arena
- Gladiator cutoffs lower themselves each season ( not proportional to skill )
- morons start sharing R1 titles ( while claiming they don't care about them, interestingly enough they care about them so much they're willing to scout 24/7 and play hard to land at share rating )
- at one point, old, better players start separating themselves from new players ( community divided )
- new players' entry into highrated PvP scene becomes very hard
- boosting starts being a regular thing
- cheating becomes a regular thing
- DDOSing becomes a regular thing
- PvP quality continously declines
- "who gives a shit about this game omfg, new players suck, boosting cheating etc"
You're all fucking hypocrites, and more importantly, morons. Saying you give a shit about a pixelated title doesn't make you less of a person, and taking MASSIVE shits on the thing you love playing for the sake of "reputation" is basically taking shits on yourself. "Yeah man, my hobby totally blows, I'd rather eat hot horse shit than do it, but I'm still doing it". Bunch of imbeciles.