- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Elvar
ElvarMember Since 01 Jun 2008
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 08:21 PM
- Group Premium
- Active Posts 19
- Profile Views 943
- Member Title Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Posted Breadstick on 14 October 2014 - 04:11 AM
Posted Capstone on 14 October 2014 - 02:48 AM
Well I, stupidratard of tortheldrin, the HIGHEST rated shaman on tortheldrin mind you, is calling out any of the top 5v5 teams to mirror my team. We have a flawless record vs Adversa and co., and will not crumple to any other delusional challengers.
This is my bracket.
As a wise man once said "Come at me brah".
EDIT: It has also just been brought to my attention that team Thelf, "The-elf", or "Crapstone and Co." (My preferred one), also fell victim to Exumbroski and their alt team. I struggle too see how anyone can deny that this ladder is indeed under a Dictatorship run by our lord and saviour, Exumbroski.
after getting farmed, shaun actually came over to message me "gg" like i didn't know you guys are wintraders
this is because he is an irrelevant 2600 duelist trying to wintrade his first rank 1 season 15 via the 5v5 bracket and suck my dick in the process
for the benefit of arenajunkies readers, stupidratard/kollektive's alternate id is simplyshreded. i believe he is masking his identity to try to try to return to not being labeled a waifu loving wintrading irrelevant retard
you are not the only cheaters, you are just the most pathetic and you parade around as if you are not a bunch of cheating idiots so people keep making threads about you
speaking to you is enough degradation of my character, so this will be my last post - i will not read your response, i can't even read any of your posts thanks to arenajunkies' ignore preferences
this is the part where you inevitably get upset, and even though you know i cannot read your posts and will not respond, you come back and write some shit to make yourself feel better. come prove me right
Posted flubbah on 09 October 2014 - 02:46 PM
Posted Hyuru on 26 September 2014 - 12:52 PM
Hopefully this tournament might promote WoW in a positive way and bring in new players, and make devs realize that pvp is a huge part of wow, not some sidething, which will result in better balancing.
Posted Jaytron on 19 September 2014 - 06:30 PM
We're pretty inexperienced so far, but we had some problems vs God Comp and RMP/D and sometimes melee cleaves. What are some general strategies vs these comps?
Should the mage be cross-cc'ing as much, or should there typically be one CC target? Poly would remove all the warlock dots, so I'm wondering if that would even be a concern.
Posted Zaephyr on 18 September 2014 - 04:25 PM
THIS IS JUST YOUR FRIENDLY 2 YEAR REMINDER THAT XANDYN IS THE BIGGEST SNAKE/RAT TO EVER PLAY THIS GAME
SMALL REMINDER THAT HE >ACTUALLY< COMMITED IDENTITY FRAUD FOR A RED HELMET IN AN ONLINE GAME
Posted Regent on 18 September 2014 - 11:54 PM
Since there has been a lot of drama recently, I figured I would make a TL;DR thread for those of you that have successful real lives and can't sit on ArenaJunkies 24/7.
The North American Regional Qualifiers:
- Hosted by ESL (the same company that organized the holocaust)
- 2800 players qualify but only 50 Teams signed up
- No seeding and random placement meant some popular teams eliminated each other right of the bat
- Zero interaction with Blizzard, even after the ESL website wasn't working
- People suspect Blizzard will be asking for some of the money they paid ESL back, since ESL apparently completely forgot that they were supposed to hold this tournament
- Timestamp does show that Vanguards team was almost 30 minutes late to their match
- They claim they had no idea the time they were supposed to play
- Poor organization and almost no help from ESL admin, many people think they didn't deserve the loss
- Vanguards, being the least confrontational person in existence, made a nice forum post saying how he is slightly angry that he missed out on a chance for $40,000 USD
- Claims his first loss was not actually the "real" game and only practice
- Screenshots show his team agreeing it was the real game
- Some people claim that after his second loss he tried to contact tournament admin and get it changed
- Talbadar is "disappointed" in jah
- Jah, unsurprisingly, calls everyone "retards" and hasn't been seen since
- By far the biggest drama generating event of the tournament
- Wizk, Jakenotezz, and Random rogue decided to play RPS in tournament
- Upon tournament brackets coming out, they realize they will have to fight comps that are strong against them
- Wizk realizes that it would be too obvious to ddos his opponents, he determines he will have to come up with another way to cheat
- Wizk replaces his rogue and rsham with an rdruid and mage who are not on his team roster and then wins multiple games (it is assumed that the mage was played by, "Piecez," and the druid by, "Rynd")
- People (obviously) realize what is happening and he gets disqualified for cheating
- Wizk then cries, makes a 40 minute video about why he didn't cheat, no one believes him
- Jakenotezz, then makes a post on AJ admitting that they cheated, apologizing, and says he only did it to bang his 18 y/o e-girlfriend when he goes to New York
- Wizk then claims he is too good for this community
- Wizk locks in his spot next to Xandyn in the "top 5 scummiest wow players of all time"
- Randomroguex is mad that no one knows who he is, doesn't understand the concept of why cheating is bad, and is apparently a part of some "elite cheaters club"
- Apparently it was easier to allow these people to play in the tournament and then disqualify them after they won
- Raises multiple questions about the outcome of the tournament, since the teams who got DQ'ed knocked people out of the tournament
- The dominant team of Jeff, Barry, and Twochainz is rumored to be one of the teams DQ'ed
- Made multiple weird posts about having a girlfriend
- Multiple awkward tweets involving, but not limited to: old memes, obscure Norwegian cover bands, and History channel TV shows
- All of this is okay though, because according to him, he "has a lot of friends"
- but apparently forget to tell him he is off the team
- Famous monk, "Dannycarey" is replace by other famous monk, "Verdantstorm"
- Novoz and Thugonomicz imply that Dannycarey is part of something (Illuminati?)
- Dannycarrey still hasn't run out of mana
- Surprisingly, Glinks didn't cheat or try to ddos anyone
- Nice work, Glinks
- A week has gone by since his last sighting
- Police have decided to end the search
- His family stays hopeful
- Datacus tries really hard to get some free rep, fails miserably
- For the first time in over a year, people are capped out on giving rep
- If you point out any scummy things that friends of the moderators have done, you will be getting an infraction
- Flavour is still making stupid posts
- Dillypoo's insults have been getting noticeably better over time, possibly hitting puberty soon?
- Bigmoran tries to dispel ddos rumors by threatening to ddos anyone who talks about it
- Thugonomicz believes that Arenajunkies.com is actually "Horse cocks"
- Bailamos dropped in to insult Jakenotezz for having an e-girlfriend, the irony is palpable
- More wintrading in EU, no one is surprised
- The "scummy dozen" continue to rep each-other in an attempt to make it seem like they have some community support
- Ayra is still black, and still european
Posted Dillypoo on 18 September 2014 - 06:47 AM
Posted Nesha on 11 July 2014 - 12:01 AM
TLDR: Spell steal is situational. Keep an eye out for certain "important" magic buffs and take them. If you don't have procs, getting off a HoT from a target is usually better than trying to hardcast.
2. Temporal shield provides a 15% dmg mitigation for its initial duration (4-5 seconds i think?). It works a bit like a shamans "Grounding Totem" as you have to use it preemptively BEFORE the spell/attack hits you. Keep in mind, temporal shield is not on the GCD making this quite easy. Keep an eye out for big, incoming damage like "Chaos Bolt", Warrior with "Reck" active, "Frozen Orb", Ele/Enh "Ascendence".
TLDR: ALWAYS save your temporal shield for when it benefits you and your healer the most. It can surely be the difference between living and dying.
Posted mirag on 05 September 2014 - 06:57 PM
I agree with most of the stuff you said other than this.
s5 was enough to make me quit this game for 5 years.
TBC had alot of major flaws.
Stuff like PvE gear for rogues, mace stun for warriors (and rogues) SL/SL speced warlocks, hunters scorpions and the fact that restodruid was so vastly superior to every other healers.,
But the pacing and the general platform was by far the best to build on. Most of the problems in TBC would have been rather easy to fix.
To me it looks like every expansion since than they fixed a lot of the problems but added even more new ones.
But its easy to forget that wow has not only gone backwards.
For example in TBC and Wrath i spent most of my time in endless farming or grinding or waiting for 1-2 people to come online. Leveling and gearing a new char took months. And the amount of time doing what is actually fun (3v3 arena) was way less than farming or running in circles in Ironforge.
In MoP gearing takes like what? 3 nights of spamming 2v2?
There is always something viable to play on some char and i do not have to worry about playing with different people since the team change.
Getting some nice 3s going is easy.
Posted DrJ on 08 September 2014 - 06:16 PM
Talents pom-temp shield-cold snap-incanter's ward are needed.
I let hunter open since most I duel use camo glyph and I cant find them anyway.
When hunter opens I hit incanter's ward it will break from their dmg and I pet freeze him.
After pet freeze they usually silence shot and I trinket pom poly.
Focus pet pop trinket+icy veins cast frostbolt, when frostbolt finish cast then deep hunter, cs pet, frozen orb. If he trinkets and deters then wait a sec for deter and hit alter for your procs.
If he doesn't deter when he trinkets then alter procs.
After he comes out deter spam rest of procs he should deter again, then use mirror images quickly ice block, cancel ice block and invisibility, ice block (glyph) will drop debuffs from you and mirror images will drop target so you have to do this quick while he is in deter... also when you cancel ice block the (glyph) will auto nova pet so you cant be knocked out while trying to invis.
Get distance while invis and keep elemental away, your pet freeze should be up to use so put your pet close to hunter if pet is on your elemental so you can get 2 FoF. If I get a full invis then your Hypothermia debuff will be gone by the time your invis is ready so you have another block and cold snap. Meanwhile your mirror images should still be on the hunter.
If you get this opener you should easily win since he has no deter and you have 1 ice block.
There are soo many ways a duel can go so this wont happen everytime but its worked for me many times vs high rated hunter, since all I duel is hunter I feel like this is my best duels vs hunters in the open when they have the first opener.
Posted Vanguards on 08 September 2014 - 06:36 AM
My personal experiences:
+ More time to play your character, CC reduction is definitely visible.
+ Spiky damage occurs from far less specs.
+ Skirmishes are awesome.
+ Being able to "find" arena players with a system similar to LFR will probably increase arena participation.
+ WOD is cooler than Pandas overall.
+ My main spec "Ret" doesn't get CC'd to death during wings now.
+ The new Ashran world battleground place is actually kind of cool.
+ Instant dispel disconnect seems to be gone? Need confirmation.
- Pacing seems terrible. Games don't really end between good players when 1 healer is involved (2s or 3s).
- Only games that I have seen end in a timely manner in 3s so far between good players is a team with HEAVY ccs to kill the healer with. Example: Shadow Priest + Mage + Healer with Stun. Shadow priest will 4Second Disarm->4Second Silence->Healer Stun to kill the healer while Mage ccs DPS. Compositions that don't have this "chain" can't really land kills.
- Healer balance in general seems strange. I personally found Druids to be overtuned.
- DPS spec balance is probably not tuned at all, given this is beta I don't mind this as much as the healer problem (I find healer balance to be way more important for the game personally.)
- Damage seems horrifyingly low on certain specs. Some specs can't really kill anything or do any sort of pressure.
- Games can get really boring with the slowmo pacing.
- Healing is probably too high in general versus the damage output of most specs.
- The queing arenas from arena thing is kind of clunky. If one person leaves the arena it usually does not work.
This is feedback from beta as of around 2 weeks ago. I know somethings has changed since then, feel free to correct me if any of these problems are fixed, or if new ones have arisen in your experience!
Posted Hiimgosu on 04 September 2014 - 11:56 PM