They say if you lock yourself in the bathroom, turn off all the lights, spin around 3 times chanting "MW beastcleave" and look back into the mirror Glinkz will appear with your destroyed router in his hand.
1. Spellsteal is very situational, but spells you want to USUALLY keep an eye out for are "Alter Time" on other mages, Blessing of Sacrifice from Hpala, Blessing of Protection from hpala, Enveloping Mist from MW monks. The general rule with spellsteal (- from a 3v3 pov) against most teams is to use it in your kiting rotation (Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, etc). Basically, spell steal becomes a tool of purging and spell stealing HoTs/important procs off the target you're at (even when you're getting trained by say a KFC, Thug).
TLDR: Spell steal is situational. Keep an eye out for certain "important" magic buffs and take them. If you don't have procs, getting off a HoT from a target is usually better than trying to hardcast.
2. Temporal shield provides a 15% dmg mitigation for its initial duration (4-5 seconds i think?). It works a bit like a shamans "Grounding Totem" as you have to use it preemptively BEFORE the spell/attack hits you. Keep in mind, temporal shield is not on the GCD making this quite easy. Keep an eye out for big, incoming damage like "Chaos Bolt", Warrior with "Reck" active, "Frozen Orb", Ele/Enh "Ascendence".
TLDR: ALWAYS save your temporal shield for when it benefits you and your healer the most. It can surely be the difference between living and dying.
I agree with most of the stuff you said other than this.
s5 was enough to make me quit this game for 5 years.
TBC had alot of major flaws.
Stuff like PvE gear for rogues, mace stun for warriors (and rogues) SL/SL speced warlocks, hunters scorpions and the fact that restodruid was so vastly superior to every other healers.,
But the pacing and the general platform was by far the best to build on. Most of the problems in TBC would have been rather easy to fix.
To me it looks like every expansion since than they fixed a lot of the problems but added even more new ones.
But its easy to forget that wow has not only gone backwards.
For example in TBC and Wrath i spent most of my time in endless farming or grinding or waiting for 1-2 people to come online. Leveling and gearing a new char took months. And the amount of time doing what is actually fun (3v3 arena) was way less than farming or running in circles in Ironforge.
In MoP gearing takes like what? 3 nights of spamming 2v2?
There is always something viable to play on some char and i do not have to worry about playing with different people since the team change.
Getting some nice 3s going is easy.
Talents pom-temp shield-cold snap-incanter's ward are needed.
I let hunter open since most I duel use camo glyph and I cant find them anyway.
When hunter opens I hit incanter's ward it will break from their dmg and I pet freeze him.
After pet freeze they usually silence shot and I trinket pom poly.
Focus pet pop trinket+icy veins cast frostbolt, when frostbolt finish cast then deep hunter, cs pet, frozen orb. If he trinkets and deters then wait a sec for deter and hit alter for your procs.
If he doesn't deter when he trinkets then alter procs.
After he comes out deter spam rest of procs he should deter again, then use mirror images quickly ice block, cancel ice block and invisibility, ice block (glyph) will drop debuffs from you and mirror images will drop target so you have to do this quick while he is in deter... also when you cancel ice block the (glyph) will auto nova pet so you cant be knocked out while trying to invis.
Get distance while invis and keep elemental away, your pet freeze should be up to use so put your pet close to hunter if pet is on your elemental so you can get 2 FoF. If I get a full invis then your Hypothermia debuff will be gone by the time your invis is ready so you have another block and cold snap. Meanwhile your mirror images should still be on the hunter.
If you get this opener you should easily win since he has no deter and you have 1 ice block.
There are soo many ways a duel can go so this wont happen everytime but its worked for me many times vs high rated hunter, since all I duel is hunter I feel like this is my best duels vs hunters in the open when they have the first opener.
I'm hoping to start a thread where people can post about their beta experiences, and be able to have people ask and answer questions about it.
My personal experiences:
+ More time to play your character, CC reduction is definitely visible.
+ Spiky damage occurs from far less specs.
+ Skirmishes are awesome.
+ Being able to "find" arena players with a system similar to LFR will probably increase arena participation.
+ WOD is cooler than Pandas overall.
+ My main spec "Ret" doesn't get CC'd to death during wings now.
+ The new Ashran world battleground place is actually kind of cool.
+ Instant dispel disconnect seems to be gone? Need confirmation.
- Pacing seems terrible. Games don't really end between good players when 1 healer is involved (2s or 3s).
- Only games that I have seen end in a timely manner in 3s so far between good players is a team with HEAVY ccs to kill the healer with. Example: Shadow Priest + Mage + Healer with Stun. Shadow priest will 4Second Disarm->4Second Silence->Healer Stun to kill the healer while Mage ccs DPS. Compositions that don't have this "chain" can't really land kills.
- Healer balance in general seems strange. I personally found Druids to be overtuned.
- DPS spec balance is probably not tuned at all, given this is beta I don't mind this as much as the healer problem (I find healer balance to be way more important for the game personally.)
- Damage seems horrifyingly low on certain specs. Some specs can't really kill anything or do any sort of pressure.
- Games can get really boring with the slowmo pacing.
- Healing is probably too high in general versus the damage output of most specs.
- The queing arenas from arena thing is kind of clunky. If one person leaves the arena it usually does not work.
This is feedback from beta as of around 2 weeks ago. I know somethings has changed since then, feel free to correct me if any of these problems are fixed, or if new ones have arisen in your experience!