- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Impression
ImpressionMember Since 16 Dec 2011
Offline Last Active Nov 23 2014 01:47 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 10
- Profile Views 1387
- Member Title Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Impression hasn't added any friends yet.
Posted jaimex on 01 March 2014 - 04:51 PM
Also, even though atm I don't have a sp, I still feel I know enough about my old main to post a guide, esp. since the current sticky is 3 patches out of date. The rest is just copy/pasta after this point with the required changes
Hi there - as the other guide is now outdated and it doesn't look like Neyz is active anymore I decided to put this together. As neyz also said in his guide, I am by far not one of the best priests but a lot of changes have happened since 5.2 so I want to give a rough outline. I'll also be copying vanguard's format as it looks clean. So without further ado, let's begin.
Shadow Guide (5.4.7)
Important Changes for Shadow in 5.4.7
Leap of Faith no longer has a positional/facing requirement.
Shadow Word Death does 15% more damage
Shadow Word Pain does 25% more damage
Feathers are now a 80% speed boost
Psyfiend now has 75% less health, and no longer benefits from haste
Increased Resi to 80%
Shadowform no longer reduces damage taken by 15%, but increases armor by 60%
VT now deals 20% more damage
Shadow Apps cannot be killed anymore
FDCL now has a additional 5% chance to proc for shadow
Dark Binding is now baseline
Reflective Shield now reflects 70% of the damage absorbed, up from 45%
I have highlighted the really important changes.
Clear winner here for me is psyfiend. Previously I chose void tendrils but as I faced more and more teams I found psyfiend is just better. I recommend using a shield macro for it, which I will cover in my macro section, and it is just as unkillable as last patch. Use psyfiend agressively vs non hunter teams, out of range of melee if needed, or defensively vs hunters as you can put your psyfiend just over a hunter trap and the psyfiend can 'eat' the trap. The only time I recommend void tendrils would be say vs a dk/rogue/priest that has no way out of roots OR if you are playing with a melee easily peeled like a dk and you want to train something, can be useful to root a resto shaman if you are playing Unholyplay for example. Otherwise it is not worth it. Likewise, never take mind control as shadow in 3s.
As before, I think there is a real dominant choice here. Since 5.4 feathers are now a 80% increase in speed, which makes you effectively immune to slows if you use it correctly. Feathers + guise is overpowered for getting fears on healers. Time your guise/feather with the end of a hamstring/chains of ice and sprint and you can cross the map ridiculously quickly. I would take phantasm vs mage teams that train you in conjunction with the fade glyph, when you don't have freedom on your team (i.e godcomp.)
This is arguably the tier where you have the most choice. As mentioned above, FDCL now has a 20% chance to proc every time your VT ticks. This means theoretically every 5 ticks of your VT you will be granted one spike proc! Although, sometimes dependent on comp I personally believe insanity is still 100% better. If I am playing either godcomp or Melee/Sp/Rshaman I play insanity as the small burst windows in stuns are very important. Dotcleaves and RNG Damage comps I prefer spikes though.
One real choice here, that is spectral guise. Not only is this very good for getting fears, if you time a shield/feather with this you can get away from most melee easily (read: not warriors). The other two are just not worth it as shadow as both are affected by battle fatigue.
It looks like there is a pattern here, isn't there. Once again, clear choice is DI. Power infusion can be spellstolen/the long cd doesn't work well with most of our partners. If you play with a mage, it could be semi viable if you turtle until you have 3 orbs and global in the first deep, but I personally do not see PI being viable.
Divine star. The amount of lockdown in the game and the long cd/mana cost of halo means getting VTs and the consequent mana returns means it is nearly impossible to stay high mana if you play halo. Also, considering the interrupts and the ability to cast divine star when locked out makes it a great 'ohshit' heal along with pom for around 70-80k if both crit.
Glyph of Prayer of Mending
Glyph of Fade
Glyph of Inner Fire
Glyph of Inner Sanctum
Glyph of Mass Dispel
When to which glyph:
Inner Fire; always take this when there is a melee on the opposing team.
Inner Sanctum; always take if you are vs a double caster team or melee/caster with no better 3rd glyph.
Mass Dispel: Use vs mage/paladin teams that you do not need anything else. Can also be useful vs warlocks who play dark bargain.
Mind Blast: Very useful if your team has no slows and no better 3rd.
Enchants / Gems / Reforges
Shoulder: Greater Crane Wing Inscription
Back: Greater Intellect
Chest: Glorious Stats
Bracer: Super Intellect
Gloves: Greater Haste
Belt: Living Steel Belt Buckle
Legs: Greater Pearlescent Spellthread as anything except for human, if you are human (1% extra spirit) go for Greater Cerculean Spellthread
Boots: Pandaren's Step
MH: Jade Spirit/Spirit of Conquest
OH: Major Intellect
Red: 320 Haste
Yellow: 320 Haste
Blue: 320 Haste
Meta: 665 Resi + 775 Power / 3% Crit and Intellect
6% Spell Hit (Spirit) > Haste > Crit > Mastery
Use the mooncloth gloves as they give haste instead of crit and get your 4 set via the other satin pieces.
Neck: of Alacrity
Back: of Cruelty
Bracers: of Prowess
Belt: of Meditation
Boots: of Alacrity
General Playstyle Tips
Stay in Inner Fire and Shadowform 100% of the time.
If your healer is getting trained, position yourself far away from him, say between two pillars so you can grip him out of trouble.
Prioritise casting mind blast over casting dots for most comps (prio dots for shadowplay/boomy sp though.)
Keep Prayer of Mending and Shield on cooldown on the other team's target.
Try and fear resto shamans early to get tremor out of the way!
If you are playing insanity and land a 3 orb, but get a mind blast proc at the same time, use it before you start channelling insanity, this provides more burst.
Do not mind blast into a immunity/deter or reflects. These do not grant shadow orbs. Same goes for Shadow Word: Death.
These are in no particular order and are just taken in the order they were in my /macros tab.
1) Healer Shield
/cast [@HEALERNAME] Power Word: Shield
2) Dps Shield
/cast [@DPSNAME] Power Word: Shield
/cast power word: fortitude
/script SetRaidTarget("zehjune", 6)
/script SetRaidTarget("yournamehere", 8)
/script SetRaidTarget("freshfreefly", 5)
/script SetRaidTarget("johnyblaze", 1)
/script SetRaidTarget("foxius", 2)
4) Shackle (This also shows the tooltip of your Tier 6 talent.)
/cast [@mouseover] Shackle Undead
/script n_vt=GetSpellInfo(121135); n_pf=GetSpellInfo(110744); n_dm=GetSpellInfo(120517)
/run SetMacroSpell("shackle", GetSpellInfo(n_vt) or GetSpellInfo(n_pf) or GetSpellInfo(n_dm))
5) Level 15/Psyfiend Macro (Note, the macro must be called '15 Talents' for this to work.)
/cast Void Tendrils
/cast Dominate Mind
/script n_vt=GetSpellInfo(108920); n_pf=GetSpellInfo(108921); n_dm=GetSpellInfo(605)
/run SetMacroSpell("15 Talents", GetSpellInfo(n_vt) or GetSpellInfo(n_pf) or GetSpellInfo(n_dm))
/use grevious gladiator's emblem of tenacity
7) Healer Pom
/cast [@HEALERNAME] Prayer of Mending
8) DPS Pom
/cast [@DPSNAME] Prayer of Mending
9) Healer Grip
/cast [@HEALERNAME] Leap of Faith
10) DPS Grip
/cast [@DPSNAME] Leap of Faith
11) Focus Horror
#showtooltip Psychic Horror
/cast [@focus] Psychic Horror
12) Focus Silence
/cast [@focus] Silence
13) Shield Self
#showtooltip fear ward
/cast [@yournamehere] power word: shield
14) Purge Focus
/cast [@focus] Dispel Magic
15) Psyfiend Shield
#showtooltip Prayer of Mending
/cast [harm] Mind Blast
/cast [help] Power Word: Shield
1. Godcomp. Simply the best for a sp atm. But gl finding a mage :P
2. Shatter (Godcomp with hpala or shaman) imo hpala is better atm, but shaman works too. Mage, once again, is hard to find.
3. RPS. Very good control and survivability with the resilience buff. Will degrade over time with more and more gear.
4. Shadowplay. Easily t1 this patch once everyone gets gear. Spread pressure is insane, similar to cata.
5. WPS. Extremely high burst with nice swaps. Pretty strong.
6. FPS. Not sure, haven't played this/against it but heard it was pretty strong so.
Good Spriest Streams
Not many priests stream right now, but among them are
twitch.tv/talbadar - occasionally plays his priest
twitch.tv/khryl - occasionally streams.
http://www.twitch.tv/jahmillionaire - Jah <3
And that is it. I know it was a little long, but I hope you have learned something from it. Good luck & thanks for reading! As I said, I haven't played shadow for a bit so I probably missed something. Feel free to point it out :D
Posted Braindance on 27 May 2014 - 04:49 PM
So that my account is worth 3k $ again pls.
Posted Hoodzx on 16 May 2013 - 02:47 PM
- Bring back 2s titles but make some 2s changes only (like the pvp battle healing nerf but only for 2s, for example some abilities not usable to not get some 25min games all the time...)
- Merge all battlegrounds (1 for EU without RU realms, 1 for US, 1 for TW, and 1 for CN)
- Idea that isn't always liked : Delete teams and make Ratings like rbgs so people don't delete teams all the time to get new teams and stay all the time at 1500mmr when they actually have a much higher skill than their mmr shows.
- Make more rewards in PvP (only vanity ones), and imo some evolving ones ! (I see it coming : like pokemon LOL...), like they could make some ground mounts in arenas (mount : alliance = horse, horde = wolf, competitors will get a little armor on it, rivals a normal one and duellists a big one, gladiators will get the same as duellists but with an aura or a different color looking more brutal... and with also the flying mount so it gets to be really higher ! ^^)
- Bring back the rewards with the WotLK style (but without superior stats, only new skins to transmog) to make more motivation to play arenas (not only the cap or the titles...), here is a link to show my idea : http://www.wowwiki.c...8_Arena_rewards
T1 - Low players, with the base stats (500-1200)
T2 - Normal players, also with the base stats but gear have a modified skin (like the evolution of the gears in wotlk S5->S6->S7->S8) (1200-1900)
T3 - High players, base stats too but the skin evolves again looking prestigious (1900-2500)
500 : Belt
600 : Boots
700 : Gloves
800 : Legs
900 : Chest
1000 : Helm
1100 : Shoulders
1150 : Weapons
1200 : Belt
1300 : Boots
1400 : Gloves
1500 : Legs
1600 : Chest
1700 : Helm
1800 : Shoulders
1850 : Weapons
1900 : Belt
1950 : Boots
2000 : Gloves
2050 : Legs
2100 : Chest
2150 : Helm
2200 : Shoulders
2250 : Weapons
2500 : Tabard (maybe too high but it should be the really highest reward obtainable without waiting the end of a season)
- Show personal mmr when you inspect people / on armory
- Make the titles in arena per class not per team, like top 5% warriors, top 5% druids etc... (would make that classes not OP at some patchs still have the possibility to get the titles)
- Reset MMR at every seasons so R1 teams don't play again only 40-50 games to get R1 again...
- Don't make some arena maps that are going to advantage some classes over than some others like RoV, just do the Nagrand style with some differents design (4 pillars + another skin for the maps, pretty easy to do). And to add : the new arena coming seems to be a disaster, the skin is nice but for example warlocks with their portals are going probably to be the kings in this one... (not sure about mages/monks)
- When teams afk on their rating more than a certain time put on the armory an AFK status, so they can't get the titles, because imo a team that get gladiator for example should play atleast for example 10 games a month, freezing on a rating because they had it at a time when it was too OP (like thugcleave or KFC last season or 3dps in S11 ^^)
- Make rating inflation higher in 2s, so we can get 2200 with the same difficulty as in 3s, how can it be possible that R1 teams have only 2150-2250 seriously, some people had really higher in some pre-cata seasons without being glad (when titles were still obtainable in 2s, there was much more competitivity in 2s / participation and 2.2 wasnt the big deal)
Don't know however for 5s (prob because i never looked to)
- Ban PVE gear in PVP ffs ! Or atleast downscale it to an ilvl much lower (if in 5.3 pvp gear is downscaled to 496, make the PvE one to 470-476), because in 5.3 some heroic gear from PvP downscaled to 496 is going to be better than the PVP ones, and that shouldnt be allowed, ever.
- Try to make more attention to the 2s bracket, because it is actually the bracket imo where you'll see most of the new players play, it's just easier to get 1 mate than 2 or 4, and if you look at the title ranges in 2s ( http://www.hosted101.net/season_12/ ), you'll see the difference of participation ! So please, balance 2s atleast a bit.
- Last idea but i know it wont ever be done, because it's not in the interest of blizzard, (and theres nothing to do with this topic sorry but i'll just drop it here), make some servers like BC Server, WotLK Server... i don't care but Cata Server too, so people can enjoy their good ol' times again, going to ArenaTournament servers isnt really what i like even if i trully loved Season 8 (best memories).
I know all these ideas arent approved / liked by everybody, just adding my opinion, even if blizzard isnt reading those forums (and they should because battlenet forums are full of sh!t)
Posted Hokaido on 29 January 2013 - 09:48 PM
ret is quite bad atm because of the low sustained dmg out of cds and nerfed healing, dont know if it will be better in 5.2 but probably not that better
all around: its not a really good comp even though the burst is great but easily avoided with cc's, i suggest for the pala to spec holy and play holy+dk+rogue/monk/sp etc (ofc in 5.2, in 5.1 play tsg)...
if you want to play this comp, play with hpal/rsham and a frost dk (great burst)
regarding the necro strike: when going for the kill: pop cds, stun/silence the healer, use unholy runes on necro and frost on obliterates. If the dps wont peel for the healer and he has no trink/buble, hes dead
Posted Beeteequetee on 20 December 2011 - 09:45 PM
A: Rep on AJ is given to posts by clicking the green plus in the bottom right corner, for you to get rep you should probably post constructive thoughts and hopefully another member will click the green plus on your post.
How do I find teammates on here?
A: At the top of AJ there is a recruiting section found here http://www.arenajunk...m/recruit/team/ you just need to fill in the specifics of what you are looking for such as class, spec, experience, and realm. I would also recommend using teamfind.com created by AJ's Pyrilus.
How do I post anywhere but here?
A: Posting in the members forums requires a gladiator title or a 2400 rating? It's either 2400 or 2600.. sorry..
And how do I do anything else I might want to do here?
A: AJ has tons of fun things! You can read troll posts, watch streams, see the front pages news, check arena ladders, learn new macros, and whatever else the wonderful world of AJ offers.
Welcome to ArenaJunkies!