Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.
A lot of this thread was removed.
1) Stop with the personal attacks. If it keeps up, expect bans, my patience is very thin atm.
2) This thread had nothing to do with hunter representation vs enhancement shaman representation. Please don't turn it into that again as proved to be completely unproductive.
3) Use the report button instead of feeding the derailment and flaming.
We are very pleased to announce a brand new feature, Recruitment. Quite simply, Recruitment is a place where teams can look for new members and players can look for new teams.
This new tool should makes finding new teams or teammates easier than ever. We have designed it to allow you to easily manage your own recruitment posts as well as filter posts so you only see teams that are right for you.
A few details about it:
Recruitment listings expire after a week by default. You can easily refresh your own listings if they are not filling within that time frame.
Junkies, members that we have verified to have competed on a 2,000 rated team or above, will have the option of restricting potential team mates to anyone else who has 2k+ experience as well.
We fill out lots of the fields with information we already know about your character. You can however change the information to an alt you may have and we will link it to your current Arena Junkies profile.
We will be leaving the recruitment forums open for a few more days so that people can wrap up any unfinished business they may have there. After that everyone will be using the new recruitment system.
We hope everyone finds this to be a useful tool. As always, let us know what you think by replying in this thread.
Hey guys, as promised we now have a vent server up and running. It has a 100 person limit (which we will up if the demand is there). Right now, we created a bunch of generic channels. If you have any ideas for new channels, or would like to request a personal channel, please let us know (Personal channels will be created based on user contributions to the site such as posting, content submissions, etc.). Expect the rules and setup to change as we sort through the issues as we have never tried to run a vent server this big.
Here is how access works. We will have a script continually adding new users based on the order the request access. You must be registered here to get a vent account, and you must request access to get in the queue. This page will allow you to request access, find your initial password, and see where you stand in the queue. The script is only about 95% automated, so if it says Account Creation: Paused, it means new accounts are not being created at the moment. They will be created at a pace of 1 per ~5 seconds, so expect your wait time based on that.
Also, once you have access, if you are interested in helping moderate the vent server, please respond in this thread. People who abuse the vent server can expect action to be taken against their account here.
EDIT: Any feedback on the codec would be greatly appreciated. Is it clear enough, too bandwidth intensive, etc.?
Beta Guild A few of us are now in beta, and we know from the threads many of you are as well. We created a guild, if you are interested in joining just do a /who ArenaJunkies and ask for an invite. We are currently on the Horde PvP Server, but if someone wants to get an Ally guild going, please feel free. We figured this might aid in testing new content and testing the pvp more effectively.
This is the official launch of the season three title calculator. Any numbers read there before this point should be disregarded. Here is what you need to know about the title calculator.
1) The inactivity ratio was bumped from 45% to 50%. This is based on data pulled from the armory for some of the smaller BGs and compared it to their activity last year. The info can be found here.
2) It is just an estimate. The lowest teams that were found have a ranking and we use the lowest that ranking gets to as an approximation of how many teams there are total. We then apply our approximation to get the total number of active teams, and crawl the armory to find where the gladiator cutoff is.
3) We can only get the approximate rating for the gladiator cutoffs due to new data limits in place on the armory servers. For duel/rival/challenger, if you get that rank you should easily be safe.
4) We will constantly be updating it until the end of the season. This means the lowest teams may change, or the algorithm may change. Check back to make sure you have the latest info.
5) If you are registered here, it should bump your BG to the top for easier viewing.
If you have any ideas on how to make it more accurate, or where it might be wrong, please keep the discussion in this thread. We are working with even more limited info this season so any ideas on how to improve it would be great.
These were the cutoffs that we estimated from last season. You can compare these to the armory hall of fame if you are curious about the accuracy of the calculator. Remember, these were just estimations to give people some idea of where they stood.
Current Title Calculator
I am back home and will start crunching the data soon to see where the actual rating cutoff is approximately. Because of the new armory restrictions in place, it may be harder to get the cutoff for duelist as it involves looking through so many more teams, so we may only have gladiator cutoffs this season. Also, we will be attempting to see if the inactivity percentage is in line with last season. I will keep you updated as I start to parse the data and have more information for you.
All of the new season 4 gear can be food on the PTR. Here is the list of the new items. I tried to organize it so that you only see the items you care about for your class/spec. If anything is missing for your class, let me know and I will update it.