- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Shiqra
ShiqraMember Since 13 Sep 2011
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 04:52 PM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 19
- Profile Views 1140
- Member Title Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Posted Ayume on 21 June 2013 - 08:07 PM
Below are the buffs I think rogues need to be both more fun and competitive:
- Sanguinary Vein now gives a +30% chance to Critical Strike Ambush and Backstab (in PvP only).
- Hemorrhage now also increases the duration of our Rupture by 6 seconds(stacks to maximum rupture duration)
- Rogue PVP glove bonus changed to “Sprint now removes all roots and movement impairing effects when activated” (not immune)
- Increased damage of backstab by 20% (in PvP only)
I’ll elaborate on the reasoning for each change:
- Sanguinary Vein right now is a mandatory effect all rogues have to apply to the target and it feels quite unrewarding, the goal here is to make it feel like you –want- to apply rupture instead of it feeling like a chore. Both ambush and backstab really need to be criting or hitting harder, and the safest of these two options is buffing crit chance. This makes it easier to balance going forward since we can expect a 50% rate of crit on the ability and balance the damage around its maximum potential, instead of around its average non-crit.
- Hemorrhage serves next to no purpose other than a way to drain energy if you can’t manage to get behind your target, in the past this was fine as it did about 10% less damage than backstab so it felt ok. Now it does roughly 35% less damage and costs 5 less energy, it really just feels clunky and not fun to use. My proposed change to it would help alleviate the exasperation of keeping 4 abilities up at once (Rupture, Slice & Dice, Feint, Recuperation) and also make it serve a good purpose in PvP.
- The Rogue glove PVP bonus change is because rogues need a bit more mobility and I imagine that blizzard does not want to buff shadowstep, since it’s already the most taken talent and they want choice on each talent tier. This change could also be a glyph, which would make it more of a sacrifice and less of a buff since our glyphs are very tight as is (blind, garrote, cheapshot, feint). But rogues really do need a buff to mobility and I don’t feel like this change would be over doing it.
- The increased damage to backstab in PvP is because backstab should be our primary source of damage, and currently it’s quite lackluster. A backstab right now on a mail target with Find Weakness and every other buff we have (glove bonus, pvp proc, sang vain, dancing steel) does about 35-40k crit. Now I feel that 35-40k crits would be fine WITHOUT find weakness and if we crit often, which we don’t. Majority of the time we won’t have find weakness on the target, and we have a 25% chance to crit. Right now my average backstab on cloth is 12k, on plate 8k, and the crits do obviously 24k and 16k respectively (which is absurdly low for it being our primary source of damage outside of eviscerate which I will go over below)
Ok so now that I’ve gone over the buffs, here’s what I think should be nerfed:
- Subtlety mastery: Executioner needs to have its scaling reduced by 30% or so.
- Prey on the Weak is now 7% damage bonus instead of 10%
- Subterfuge reduced to 1.5 or 2 second duration
Reasoning behind these changes:
- Eviscerate really just does a bit too much damage if it crits when mastery is stacked this high. On average against mail or cloth(with all procs and find weakness) I will get between 85-105k eviscerates crits, which I can then just immediately do again with mark for death, equating to a potential 210k in 2 globals. No one wants to see that kind of damage on demand. Sure it doesn’t always happen since our crit is low, but when it does it leaves the victim quite unhappy, and as a rogue I feel unsatisfied winning this way. Currently this is our only way of winning (what I aim to have change with these adjustments).
- Prey on the weak is for the same reasons as above, but also to allow some choice in this tier, I really like paralytic poison, and I really like dirty tricks, but right now I can’t trade 10% damage for my partner and I for some fun utility. I like this tier and would really like it if it were more of a choice.
- Subterfuge currently is broken due to a variety of reasons, the main one I can say for sure is that the victim cannot see what abilities the rogue is using, and another is that his partners cannot peel for him during it. With subtlety mastery the way it is a rogue can pop every cooldown in that window and get someone under 40% with eviscerate chain crits without even leaving stealth. Another problem is that AoEing a rogue in stealth and him having 3 seconds (more if you count vanish -> subterfuge) until he comes back out is a bit absurd, really I feel that you should be rewarded for guesstimating correctly when he’s stealthed. This will also allow more choice in this talent tier.
Feel free to chime in if you guys want, would be great to hear everyone else's opinion and refine this as needed.
Posted Ayume on 04 June 2013 - 11:22 PM
The problem though, is that the masses rule in this game and no one likes dying in stuns. Whenever rogues are viable, they're hands down the most complained about class by lower ranked players, thus this results in us being over nerfed. The issue partially is that being a class thats all about physical stuns and openers with sap makes it a hard time for new players to react to, and a hard time for designers to balance. Either that sap and cheapshot opener is quite effective and you often get a kill in it, or it's not effective and rogues are quickly bent over and destroyed. Pretty binary situation where someone is unhappy.
I personally think that the entire class needs a reworking, as the current game design does not fit rogues very well. Of course there are bandaid fixes to this, like buffing survivability or increasing our damage again. But in the end, as soon as rogues are viable and killing people via RLS howl-> stun healer 100-0, or RMP sap cheapshot smokebombs, it's just going to be another cycle of over buff then over nerf until a complete rework is done.
tl;dr: Faerie fire is dumb.
Posted flubbah on 23 February 2013 - 11:51 PM
This is my 3rd movie, this video includes some RPS/WLS clips & even some paladin clips with top players such as Dakkroth, Azael or even Taku.
Have fun watching !
Here's the link :
You can also find my stream here : http://fr.twitch.tv/flubbah
Tracklist : Hans Zimmer - Mombasa
Fracture Design - Reach For The Stars
Brick + Mortar - Move To The Ocean (Baauer Remix)
Apollo Brown - Warm Rain
The Flubbah Song
Posted idevpro on 14 January 2013 - 02:45 PM
Posted FTRouslan on 01 September 2012 - 03:18 PM
Posted heyyoulol on 01 September 2012 - 03:03 PM
I wanna let you know that the first team on raserei frenzy wintraded to get their rank one.
I know them very well, they are well know wintraders in France, they are french players.
They wintraded 80 games ~
Here is the team : http://eu.battle.net...ia/3v3/OG GOLD/
Make sure to report these wintraders by making a ticket in game.
Posted Saradave on 02 August 2012 - 12:40 PM
Posted Hyuru on 22 June 2012 - 06:09 AM
How to: Bladestorm
How to: Save the world
How to: Beat warriors
How to: Win in arenas
How to: Obtain 72 virgins
How to: World of Warcreft
stay subscribed for more amazing videos
Posted Vanguards on 02 May 2012 - 03:20 AM
Q: Hi Byron, also known as the Rogue hero Reckful! You've one of the best Rogues of your time and arguably best Rogue ever. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
A: I'm 22 and played games all my life, so probably pretty similar to anyone reading AJ. For how I got into gaming:
When I was two years old, I started playing Mega Man on regular Nintendo. My brother played a lot of MS DOS games when I was growing up (he's 10 years older than I am), so I played some Civilization 1 and Bullfrog's Syndicate, but I mostly played console games. The most memorable ones are Secret of Mana and Super Mario RPG for SNES and then later on Final Fantasy 7. Eventually around 1999 my brother, who is a programmer, wanted to make a Pokemon MMORPG when Pokemon was peaking in popularity. We went to buy an MMO to see what they're like. We first picked up the Everquest box but someone working at Circuit City told us Asheron's Call was much better and to get that, so we did. I ended up playing that for years. He never made Pokemon: The MMORPG.
I also enjoy photography, playing the guitar, and pot limit Omaha.
Q: What have you been working on since you've left WoW if you don't mind sharing?
A: When I quit WoW the first thing I did was watch Breaking Bad for 2 days straight, getting from season 1 episode 1 to season 4 episode 7, where it was at the time.
Then I decided to leave the house... I ended up at a casino playing poker. I did well for a beginner and had a few 10-day periods where I made almost 10 grand. I haven't been able to sustain that, though. My favorite game is pot limit omaha and it's rarely running.
And at some point my dad wrote a book. He had me edit it for him. The main character is a fighter pilot named Wreckful (heh). My brother made some useless site http://reckful.info to advertise the book but I'd prefer people going straight to the amazon for the book and to my facebook or twitter if they want to talk to me.
I'm also developing an iPhone game and will post some updates when it becomes available.
Q: So I know you've probably gotten this question a thousand times, but do you have any thoughts on returning to WoW?
A: I heard Rogues became amazing/overpowered shortly after I quit, and with NAO and live streaming becoming so popular it was tempting to come back, but I didn't. So I probably won't. Who knows, maybe MoP will manage to pull me back.
Q: Rogues have changed vastly in Cataclysm such as the vanish changes. How did you feel about them in this expansion?
A: Because Rogues could finally play Shadowstep again, I enjoyed Cataclysm more than WOTLK. After TBC I couldn't imagine playing without Shadowstep - I had that famous picture on the last day of season 5 with Mutilate still not trained because it seemed so boring. And it was.
Cataclysm made everyone hate Rogues with Recuperate. It was overpowered at some points, maybe all the time. I loved it of course - it gives you a strong independent feeling, like you can come back and win any fight even if you're at 1% and they're full.
The Vanish change arguably did make Rogues too easy, but with matches as long as they were at the beginning of cataclysm it wasn't incredibly impactful. Maybe it is now.
Q: How do you feel about PvE gear in this season? Rogues have been the class that has been able to abuse it the most.
A: Like everyone else, I never liked PvE gear in arena... unless I had it. To be serious - we're playing the game to have fair fights, if I had it my way everyone would have identical gear in arenas. People without PvE gear feel like they're bringing a knife to a Warglaive fight. Or whatever. I quit before anyone was using PVE gear in cataclysm, but I heard the Rogue trinket was critting 40k+, and all legendaries have been pretty crazy.
Q. Have you had a chance to look into MOP at all? What's your opinions on it? How do you feel about the Preparation / Shadowstep choice?
A: It depends on match length, but it wouldn't bother me that much, actually. Preparation matters less as matches get longer, and I've never liked cooldown spamming games anyway. And I'd actually take the Burst of Speed ability. It's better than Shadowstep - especially in any long fight, it's going to get you to the target way more often, and the biggest problem as a rogue is sitting in novas when your healer can't dispel you. I'd even say it sounds overpowered to be able to freedom yourself with no cooldown on demand, even though it costs energy.
Q. Who in your opinion is the best Rogue now?
Since I haven't played in so long I have no idea.
Q. What's the best tip you could give to a PvPer?
A: Watch buffs/debuffs/cast bars more closely
Learn all the defense & offensive abilities of each class
Keep experimenting for the most efficient ways to use your own
Q. Do you mind sharing what you told Snutz at blizzcon?
A: I didn't think of it until after the 2nd match, but I told him to use Bane of Doom. At the time every single team had a Resto Shaman so it was rarely useful and Warlocks never thought of it. Against a team that couldn't dispel it, like the Korean PHD, it was much better than Agony, more burst and more sustained, the burst sometimes getting kills. It didn't show up as a debuff on the blizzcon spectator client.
Q. Thanks for your time Byron! Do you have any last comments or shout-outs?
A: Shoutouts to Sodah, Snutz, Venruki, Pookz, Cdew, Azael, Hyped, Yog, Benys, Talbadar
Some more old screenshots if anyone's interested: http://imgur.com/a/1hQT1
& Facebook & Twitter bla bla
Posted original on 23 April 2012 - 12:02 AM
My first video , put a lot of hard work into this, I really hope you like it.
Original's Youtube: www.youtube.com/originalpvp
Original's Stream: www.twitch.tv/ohriginal
Hope you enjoy & Thanks for watching! <3