- Viewing Profile: Reputation: bakbuk
bakbukMember Since 17 Aug 2011
Offline Last Active Today, 09:56 AM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 17
- Profile Views 3199
- Member Title Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Posted Rexyyoxxx on 30 June 2015 - 05:57 PM
Posted Lolflay on 30 June 2015 - 09:26 PM
Mortal Coil/Psychic Horror were horror effects, those never broke on damage and could always be chained off or into stuns ( Kidney Shot->Death/Mortal Coil was a viable strat for years for example ). They were put into "incapacitate" category in an effort to preserve such strats, which is honestly one of rare good Blizzard design moments.
It's the Spriest equivalent of a double melee team having multiple interrupts/stuns/etc to lock you down; until I can stand and free cast damage into your face that actually makes your HP move when you're not under CC together with your healer, double stun via horror+something else should be kept a viable strat, period.
Posted Zunniyaki on 30 June 2015 - 05:22 PM
Posted spelgubbe on 30 June 2015 - 05:08 PM
Posted Seu on 29 June 2015 - 08:42 AM
to me dampening is definitely the elephant in the room for this entire pillaring/passive play discussion though. i feel like if the arena community actually wanted to campaign for something achievable it would be the removal of the dampening mechanic and replacement with something that actually accomplishes what dampening set out to do, and incentivize offensive play.
its an arena only mechanic and accomplished the exact opposite of its goal so how hard could it be to convince them to drop it?
Posted Fizion on 09 June 2015 - 12:04 PM
Posted Gsgsgsgsgs on 28 March 2015 - 06:56 PM
Posted Braindance on 27 December 2014 - 12:29 AM
If Reckful didnt come back to WoW after he quit in Cata he would have left a legacy as the best arena player of all time. In recent years his shenangins and amtics on wow amd stream kind of tarnished the reputation of being a top player. However, his past accomplishments and videos will always be respected and impressive.
Hes an entertainer more than the pro gamer he was known as at this point, which isnt necessarily bad, but its just a shift in his image.
Although, can you blame the guy? Sure he sold out, but who wouldn't want all the donations and money he gets just for playing games and having fun?
Although imo he fucks around with way too many other woman and Jenna probably deserves better. Maybe shes in it for the fame/money though who knows.
Posted flubbah on 27 September 2014 - 12:23 PM
Posted Jontex on 26 September 2014 - 11:11 AM
Posted Lolflay on 25 September 2014 - 10:15 AM
I've tried multiple MMO's, SWTOR and Rift being the most fun amongst the bunch. SWTOR was fucking amazing, but it lacked PvP end-game content in the start, and abilities "lagged" because of the way engine was coded, allowing no real fluidity between actions. It was fluid enough to not notice it all the time and to actually enjoy the game, mind you, but in a PvP setting it kind of lacked. When they finally added arenas in SWTOR, it was too late for the PvP population. Arena scene is kind of dead in there, with you meeting the same 20-30 people daily. Comps don't matter though, skill does, and healers are kind of like what they are in the current state of MoP. Oh, and Tanks are what Blizzard should aim for, seeing they obviously want tanks in PvP in WoD. Tanks have an ability called "Guard", which redirects % of damage into Tanks HP pool, and they do 30-40% DPS of an ordinary DPS class, without extra retarded control and shit like that. Basically a proper combo is Tank+DPS+DPS+Healer.
Rift on the other hand offered WAY TOO MUCH content. Leveling 40-60 was so fucking boring that I wanted to gouge my eyes out. After hitting max level, I realized it'd take me 2-3 months of gearing up to even be able to stand a chance against people who are already geared, it'd take even more time to get on equal footing/surpass them. PvP was also too boring for the new guy to get into. It was easy to catch the basics since I was pretty damn good in WoW, and that game copied WoW's combat and spells to a certain extent ( you basically had a affli warlock, fire mage, etc all in one class ), and it felt like it had no real meaning to get good in the game, as I couldn't compare myself to others.
I kind of understand why every class got so fucking dumbed down in MoP, though. Getting into WoW as a fresh player and learning the game properly in a reasonable period of time to compete with already established players ( PvE or PvP ) took a lot of time and effort, and I don't even want to know how hard was it for a random Joe who just made his level 1 character to be even close to my level of play in WoTLK/Cata ( TBC was also really hard to get into from level 1, but easier than WoTLK/Cata/MoP seeing this site provided absolutely everything for a new player in PvP, unlike in other expansions where it became a e-peen stroking contest between established players who here and then offered some insight to newbies asking questions ).
This paragraph above explains exactly the mentality they have with this game. They will probably never return the combat feeling of TBC/WoTLK, simply because they probably don't believe they're able to hook up old players on the game anymore, and are instead trying to create a game for newer players. Idiots like Jaime being the prime example, S13/S14 nobody ( interrupt hacking got his name some recognition though ), S15 3k rated while using Gladiatorlosa and winning games by randomly proccing on people and calling it skill.
If they pulled their shit together and made WoD the best thing since sliced bread, I'm sure they'd attract both old and new players alike again. Cataclysm was a pure failure of an expansion, and MoP followed those footsteps quite closely ( I remember Glad push in s11 on my warlock, LSD2 vs LSD2 mirrors with PvE gear, both sides trying to do the most PvE possible, the only thing that mattered was the damage done on the end of the game - MoP is even worse than this seeing it removed the passive damage factor and introduced a necessity in doing 100-0 gibs on people during healer CC ).
If WoD flops, and subs continue to plummet, I can see them pulling the Sargeras card, attracting shitloads of people to see what they think is the end of game, and then continue milking the game for one more expansion before shutting it down. We'll see though.
Posted Regent on 18 September 2014 - 11:54 PM
Since there has been a lot of drama recently, I figured I would make a TL;DR thread for those of you that have successful real lives and can't sit on ArenaJunkies 24/7.
The North American Regional Qualifiers:
- Hosted by ESL (the same company that organized the holocaust)
- 2800 players qualify but only 50 Teams signed up
- No seeding and random placement meant some popular teams eliminated each other right of the bat
- Zero interaction with Blizzard, even after the ESL website wasn't working
- People suspect Blizzard will be asking for some of the money they paid ESL back, since ESL apparently completely forgot that they were supposed to hold this tournament
- Timestamp does show that Vanguards team was almost 30 minutes late to their match
- They claim they had no idea the time they were supposed to play
- Poor organization and almost no help from ESL admin, many people think they didn't deserve the loss
- Vanguards, being the least confrontational person in existence, made a nice forum post saying how he is slightly angry that he missed out on a chance for $40,000 USD
- Claims his first loss was not actually the "real" game and only practice
- Screenshots show his team agreeing it was the real game
- Some people claim that after his second loss he tried to contact tournament admin and get it changed
- Talbadar is "disappointed" in jah
- Jah, unsurprisingly, calls everyone "retards" and hasn't been seen since
- By far the biggest drama generating event of the tournament
- Wizk, Jakenotezz, and Random rogue decided to play RPS in tournament
- Upon tournament brackets coming out, they realize they will have to fight comps that are strong against them
- Wizk realizes that it would be too obvious to ddos his opponents, he determines he will have to come up with another way to cheat
- Wizk replaces his rogue and rsham with an rdruid and mage who are not on his team roster and then wins multiple games (it is assumed that the mage was played by, "Piecez," and the druid by, "Rynd")
- People (obviously) realize what is happening and he gets disqualified for cheating
- Wizk then cries, makes a 40 minute video about why he didn't cheat, no one believes him
- Jakenotezz, then makes a post on AJ admitting that they cheated, apologizing, and says he only did it to bang his 18 y/o e-girlfriend when he goes to New York
- Wizk then claims he is too good for this community
- Wizk locks in his spot next to Xandyn in the "top 5 scummiest wow players of all time"
- Randomroguex is mad that no one knows who he is, doesn't understand the concept of why cheating is bad, and is apparently a part of some "elite cheaters club"
- Apparently it was easier to allow these people to play in the tournament and then disqualify them after they won
- Raises multiple questions about the outcome of the tournament, since the teams who got DQ'ed knocked people out of the tournament
- The dominant team of Jeff, Barry, and Twochainz is rumored to be one of the teams DQ'ed
- Made multiple weird posts about having a girlfriend
- Multiple awkward tweets involving, but not limited to: old memes, obscure Norwegian cover bands, and History channel TV shows
- All of this is okay though, because according to him, he "has a lot of friends"
- but apparently forget to tell him he is off the team
- Famous monk, "Dannycarey" is replace by other famous monk, "Verdantstorm"
- Novoz and Thugonomicz imply that Dannycarey is part of something (Illuminati?)
- Dannycarrey still hasn't run out of mana
- Surprisingly, Glinks didn't cheat or try to ddos anyone
- Nice work, Glinks
- A week has gone by since his last sighting
- Police have decided to end the search
- His family stays hopeful
- Datacus tries really hard to get some free rep, fails miserably
- For the first time in over a year, people are capped out on giving rep
- If you point out any scummy things that friends of the moderators have done, you will be getting an infraction
- Flavour is still making stupid posts
- Dillypoo's insults have been getting noticeably better over time, possibly hitting puberty soon?
- Bigmoran tries to dispel ddos rumors by threatening to ddos anyone who talks about it
- Thugonomicz believes that Arenajunkies.com is actually "Horse cocks"
- Bailamos dropped in to insult Jakenotezz for having an e-girlfriend, the irony is palpable
- More wintrading in EU, no one is surprised
- The "scummy dozen" continue to rep each-other in an attempt to make it seem like they have some community support
- Ayra is still black, and still european
Posted Bluckstack on 26 January 2014 - 10:52 PM
The clips with zeepeye and morchen were just a bad day, obviusly im not like that more than a 5% of the time, the same other people do the difference is that i dont care if im on stream or not, im not going to hide my spanish temperament anywhere and obviusly im not proud of it, anyways if you prefer to see smiley faces all over the stream everytime some team is playing terrible or doing nothing go ahead and watch top streams of wow, meanwhile i will keep reading the games, thing that im really good at and eventually fixing my anger to show a good mood everytime , have a good night.
P.S: Kettu, i didnt reply to you like that, in fact i didnt reply and obviusly i didnt ban you it was one of my mods after you asked the same question 5 times when i was playing.