- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Melior
MeliorMember Since 19 Jul 2011
Offline Last Active Feb 14 2015 02:14 AM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 224
- Profile Views 4572
- Member Title Advanced Member
- Age 22 years old
- Birthday November 3, 1992
Posted Dizzeeyo on 05 February 2015 - 11:03 AM
Them mop arrived, warlocks spent two globals every 20 seconds applying full dots to the entire enemy team, and then had literally nothing to do for the other 17 seconds every 20, other then spam fear. Forum sheep complain about how broken op fear is without seeing the actual issue, fear gets slaughtered in wod
Braindead mages pre wod who spammed poly all game would do noticeably less damage then the best mages who perfectly balanced time ccing effectively vs time spent doing damage (most obviously for mages in tbc/wotlk, but whatever)
Wod arrives, Mage effective damage is now 90% ice nova, a Mage who spans polymorph for 24 out of every 25 seconds does not really lose out on anything compared to a Mage who uses cc properly and actually casts other spells. Forum sheep complain about how broken op polymorph is
Druids in most seasons pre wod had to use cyclone as part of their healing rotation in pvp, as they often had no chance of just healing through the damage some classes could put out while bursting - good druids got good cyclones off effectively, bad druids got locked/shut down
Wod arrives, druids no longer have to cast cyclone as part of their healing rotation, instants do the job the majority of the time - druids are able to cyclone freely, rather then being forced to. Forum sheep complain about how overpowered cyclone
It's kinda pointless making these points anyway - they are probably strongly considering putting polymorph on dr with fear/cyclone by the next season or expansion already due to wow forum complaints about cc - complaints that will only increase with the ice nova dr change when 6.1 is released in a month or so. It's just kinda sad when people on sites like this completely ignore what the actually issues are with spamable cc, and just brainlessly repeat eachother about how broken it is
Obviously there are some people who break their keyboards every time they sit a full sheep or fear, and their opinions will never change
Posted morelandjs on 05 February 2015 - 12:08 AM
your logic is beyond limits.
"Is it because I use proper gramar and punctuation" - yea proper gramar boy, your logic is far far beyond limits... (i hope you catch my sarcasm). the last person i knew who gave a single F about grammar was my arts teacher at london met.
Want me to say a cool thing? saying "i'm/was R1 & multi-glad" wont give you free helms on AJ. While it will just make people laugh, cause you claim to be something while you are nothing but a clown.
adding cd on clone is just as stupid as resto being harder to play @ 2800...
the game got fucked up right after they switch majors with minors.
Yes, you found it. I missed an 'm' while typing. You got me. My point was more that while I am interested in having an intellectual discussion about druids and priests and you are here to act smug, arrogant and ridicule suggestions by others. It's as if you think the words "no offense" instantly make your shitty attitude palatable.
It's like you can't settle for reasonable statements. Everything has to be hyperbole:
"it would be nonsense"
"your logic is far far beyond limits"
"you are nothing but a clown"
I've come to the conclusion that you've been playing priest too much and have developed anger management issues after sitting in cyclone and trap rotations.
Posted morelandjs on 03 February 2015 - 10:27 PM
I agree that would be a problem, and I would not implement this as a blind damage return. Pets and images are aware of CC and will not cast on targets that are CC'd. You apply the same mechanic to reflective shield. It only reflects damage on targets that are not CC'd.
Haha what does this even mean?! Is it because I use proper grammar and punctuation (no offense)? People on these forums are so angsty. I played disc priest with Obscurity (Yogger) in 2's and 5's in season 1/2. Yes, I've had some time off from the game. I last played in Cataclysm on some private servers.
It's really a shame that wow arena discussion is no longer informative or intellectual. Anyone remember World of Ming? I would love to read actual content like that, but instead the forums are dominated by poop flinging and complaining. The ultimate trump card has become, "you don't know what you are talking about".
Faerie fire is broken. It's infuriating for anyone that has to play against it. I'm not sure why it's in the game in its current form.
Posted Tekkys on 24 January 2015 - 05:16 PM
Posted ROKMODE on 29 December 2014 - 12:42 AM
shadowpriest is its own dps class in essense
shadow vs disc is comparing two completely different roles
a mage might switch from frost to arcane for a matchup but a shadowpriest is very very unlikely to switch to disc because it's a complete role change
logically speaking, if there were equal pools of specs and universal balance, you would expect shamans and druids to have the highest representation because they are the only classes that can seek three completely different roles
ele/enhancement/resto all being viable is not at all the same as all 3 mage specs being viable
this is one of the flaws of solely looking at representation
it's also basic logic that people still don't seem to understand
edit: I'm not commenting on balance or on mages. I'm not touching WoD until it hits AT. I'm simply clearing up a misconception. . . I think anyway; it's hard to understand what's going on because I feel like this is a very circular discussion.
Posted Hidden on 28 December 2014 - 09:27 AM
Funny how this is the same stupid argument criminals have so often used when they got caught; "Others got through with it so I should as well"
I don't even get why there's a discussion around this. He did things that were clearly against the EULA and even streamed while doing some of them. Any argument in favor of him is pure bias.
Posted augiddin on 27 December 2014 - 05:42 AM
point is when people bring up a streamers income and personal life (specifically sodapoppin and reckful) and start throwing around names like "sellout" just make you look bitter and jealous. also psure his stream is a good source of income for reckful, and not being able to play wow will affect the quality of that, so ya it is kind of a bummer to see that happen just bc he was playing someone elses account
Posted Rexyyoxxx on 20 December 2014 - 11:04 AM
Anyway, I started playing some Shadowcleave, we face 3 Ret hunt teams, where I ground 2 traps and ate 3 (thats a good ratio right) Obviously not... the priest is spamming smite and dispell into my warlock while Im hiding LoS for Hoj into trap, my locks at 90%, I come out to hex the hunter so he cant trap, LOL JK Hoj Trap Fear Trap - MAYBE I CAN PLAY NOW? na, they still have hunter interupt and priest silence, I fake the hunter with the first cast, priest blanket silences me and I get 2 second trap interupt into HoJ and my warlock is long dead past this point
ITS REALLY FUN!
Plus may I mention Feral hunter teams? At 2.2k CR Im being litterally ran at across the map by the hunter and feral who train me all game, they dont interupt me once, I live for around 3 minutes (I had trinket twice!) and they kill me eventually cause the dk and lock are peeling for me, and if they dont well, I get tripple incarnation kitty stunned and I die...
this game is rediculous >_> they really need to fix hunter traps, personally I think ret DMG is fine, just having DOUBLE sac and freedom is OP, they need to increase forbedance CD and make BOP/sac share cd
dont even get me started on rogues... 1minute cloak, infinite run speed / root break, and it seems like a forever last evasion - as enhance I cant kill them to save my life
Posted Esiwdeer on 07 December 2014 - 09:13 PM
Not in World of Warcraft. In this game, if you get Sapped you're trash forever. A 27 year old diabetic named Johnwald Dickson(merely a friend of the Rogue who sapped you) who, in 2004, lived with his mother Robertsa in the swamps of North Carolina will remember killing you forever. In fact, 6 years after knowing you he will tell people he farmed you on Shadowburn in Season 6. "That kid is trash." he'll say, and nobody will defend you, because nobody but him cares. You have never even been to Shadowburn. He is still playing. He has been playing this entire time.
It starts with Blizzard. Blizzard’s je ne sais quoi is making you feel like you're really good at their games. Everyone running around is the main character, the hero, the best. The same people who 3 weeks ago were posting RealID statuses about winning the next year's BlizzCon have today listed their 5 x R1 Spectral Tiger Disc Priest on EpicNPC.
These people, when they feel like they're good and known for being good, have a great deal of their self-worth invested into their characters. When they lose it's very a very emotional experience for them. Once the game stops reinforcing their delusions of grandeur, they stop caring about it and, in the same stroke, stop caring about the relationships which are no longer useful to them.
So, we have these idiots who have invested a noticeable portion of their self-worth into a game where the outcome may or may not be changed by the happenstance that their enemy was a Dwarf. Let that sink in for a second, you nerds.
That’s the whole point I think, to watch nerds get mad because they had to fight a Dwarf, basically. Anything else just seems kind of like a waste of time.
Posted Abidalzim on 07 December 2014 - 12:56 AM
Some random thoughts about WoD enhance from me:
- cap totem + projection is generally a must, which means you can't take persistance + storm ele
- storm ele is crap anyway, totem has 26k hp and you can't capstun, ground or freedom if it's down. It also has the same autocast button as earth ele stun, which is just annoying since you can only click it off
- unleash elements sprint is really good, you can kite somewhat well with freedom + unleash, saving spirit walk for other times
- fire ele is slowed and rooted in africa all the time
- windshear is utter shit vs. teams with good positioning now, 12 sec cd and only 25 yards range means healers are outranging it all the time
- 2 set bonus is godly, unless you happen to fight a team with a priest, shaman, mage, dk, prot warr or a hunter, in that case it useless since it gets dispelled or spellstolen.
- Our lvl 100 talents suck, I'll be playing with the shock talent since I despise the storm ele
- Our lvl 90 talents are garbage as well
- lvl 75 talents happen to be garbage as well, ancestral guidance heals for nothing
- that being said, our offhealing is rather decent
- I do the least dmg in every arena, unless other team sucks
- landing a hex on a healer means the other team is shit and you're a god at faking interrupts, reflects, groundings and landing cross cc. hey, at least it's still doable at 2k where I suck around the rets/hunters/ferals don't know how to play their boosted char yet,
- purge is very strong atm, however enha dps rotation nowadays with echo is so gcd spammy that you lose a substantial amount of your already low dps when you purge. Still worth it though.
- I'm finding myself never switching glyphs at all. Lightning shield, frostbrand and cap totem seem necessary. I think the only one that might be useful is 60 % shamrage, if you're sure you'll be nuked superhard and can't live with 30 %.
- I wish I was a dwarf
- unless i'm blatantly mistaken, ascendance is physical damage and not nature anymore, meaning it doesn't go through BoP, but you can nuke through ams now
- I like the tremor change. I always thought that the change in 4.0 ..6? was retarded. You need to be super careful not to get double feared with your healer
- Is it only me, or did they change magma totem so it ticks instantly when you drop it? It's super good at getting rogues and ferals out of stealth.
- I'm still crying for our old earthbind
Posted Phatkat on 27 November 2014 - 01:25 AM
And at the end of the day this website has been like that since 2007. If people don't like it, why don't they make one up to their own specifications?
Like I said, I'm an infrequent poster, so I'm not aware of the full history of AJ really... although I did just lurk for awhile.
Regardless of the site creator's motivations, I think a lot of people, myself included, would enjoy seeing AJ become full of more thoughtful and civil discussion about the game, as well as guides and things like that. There have been attempts at other sites of the same nature, but I don't think any of them are too popular? The user base for a site like that is already here and will likely stay here. Why not try to improve upon it and help it grow?
I'm not opposed to the drama threads and general competitive attitude of the community. It's fun. What I am opposed to is the racism, hate speech, general toxicity and other shenanigans that tend to accompany them. The drama aspect and the informative, helpful aspect don't have to be mutually exclusive. In the end, I think it all comes down to the way the site is run. If the effort isn't put in by the admins, things will remain how they are now. Before worrying about things like how junkie status and posting rights are obtained, this probably needs to be addressed first.
Posted Tekkys on 09 September 2014 - 04:16 AM
However Wrath isnt my favorite expansion because of some innate balance that existed; it was because the skill floor and skill ceiling of each class, and moreover, the comps you played had such a tremendous gap that you knew when a team really just flat out beat you. The little nuances of each class that you had to understand to really be competitive set the game apart from it's later expansions, especially this one. Sure stupid things like beastcleave and dfo wizard cleaves existed, but they always will. However, back then i feel the community as a whole had a lot more respect for people who truly preformed well and showcased their skill, rather than accusing them of being ddosers or wintraders or what have you. I think we were all still learning so much (i think the knowledge gap between TBC and Wrath was tremendous to be quite honest) that when someone did something skillful or released a video with some highlight or nuance everyone just stopped and said "Wow, i didnt even know x class could do that, or x spell".
Moral of the story is, when you can keep a game simple enough, but add just enough depth slowly but in ample amounts, you develop a really great platform, which is why games like League of Legends are so successful. The core mechanics of the game are so simple; you farm, you fight for objectives, you control vision, you buy items, and you work as a team. The depth they add is with each new champion the meta has a chance to change; with each new season, balance and item changes re-work the meta slightly, but never deviate from the cookie-cutter gameplay that most people are accustomed to now.
Wrath had it's flaws, but the learning that took place during that expansion, as well as the difference between the skill floor and skill ceiling being so noticeable are what made it such a great expansion, imo.
Posted Lolflay on 06 August 2014 - 06:12 AM
My last post was flaming Jaime, but cba speaking to a person that covers his ears and sings to himself anytime someone tells him the truth.
Death Knights :
- Desecrated Ground ( because why the fuck should you have a immunity to CC ( that also breaks CC as well ) )
- Lichborne ( see above )
- Their reliance on a tank stance that makes them unkillable in some situations, but provides nothing in situations where they get bursted 100-0 in a few seconds.
- permament slow that doesn't take effort to be applied
- Fists being the buggiest shit ever
- their mobility
- blanket on their interrupt
- randomly dropping dead because of lack of passive reductions
- their damage ( because what other class except warriors does their basic pve rotation and does enough damage to force cooldowns if a crit or two happens )
- Spirit Bond - fuck off with the permament self healing ( that's also really fucking insanely good as well ? )
- pet management not being an issue, and pet resummoning being as easy as 1-2-3
- Flare. Remove that idiotic bullshit ability
- Holy Priests being fucking unkillable ( I've had a situation where I had a holy priest on 20%, in a 5 second stun, and he didn't die )
- Divine Star talent row being absolutely garbage ( with the exception of Cascade for battlegrounds and 5s ), and being even more garbage in WoD, person who designed it should get fired
- Spectral guise - fuck that shit
- blood horror, unbound will. Both equally retarded
- I honestly don't mind the Shadowfury/Fear thing that everyone is so obsessed about, it's a byproduct of giving a GCD-capped class ( that had way too many abilities to be pressing at all times ) a one button that solves their GCD-cap issue and makes said class able to use GCDs like a moron and still win. Pre-Soul Swap, Fearing was a decision. Post Soul Swap, Fearing is the only thing you can do that makes an impact, as you can't solo kill like you used to pre-Soul Swap, and everything else you do only shows up as a higher number on the scoreboard but makes zero impact on the game
- fuck gateway
- elemental specced idiots thinking they're good
- Thunderstorm while stunned
- healing stream totem
- spirit link totem
- tremor totem
- totem prep talent
honestly, not all that much. Aside from casting lances over frostbolts, I really don't mind Mages all that much because their control requires actual brain cells on their part ( no matter how some idiots seem to think otherwise )
- PoM and Blazing Speed
- Blink glyph
- inability to do shit outside of opener
- Burst of Speed
- rogue damage requiring brain cells and actual setup time compared to other classes that just press buttons and don't give a fuck about game depth
- everything requiring pre-emptive thinking instead of being reactionary ( feint, vanish, etc ), causing you to flop dead on the floor
- stormbolt and shockwave need to go, not only get merged in a single talent row but get straight up removed from the game, it doesn't take skill and it's simply broken
- their damage being broken, and damage rotation being suitable for a 10 year old child to perform
- their mobility not being a limiting factor ( only class next to a WW monk that can actually follow someone through gateway - gateway is retarded, but so is this )
- displacer - this needs to be removed
- symbiosis ( already getting removed, but still )
- Faerie Fire needs to be removed completely
- HoTW making boomkins act like a 3rd healer is kinda dumb, but w/e
- if Priests ( both healing and shadow ) lost their ability to keep themselves free of mage novas 24/7, why are druids still allowed to shift in and out without even using a gcd ?
- barkskin needs to get toned down
the interesting thing about paladins is that they have shitloads of could-be-broken abilities if the dmg/healing numbers were just right
- tone down WoG healing on friendlies as Ret, up it a bit on themselves - it kinda feels counterproductive to make enemy teams train a squishy spec ( outside of cds ) because they can keep their teammates up ridiculously well while they can't keep themselves alive
- Guardian is kinda dumb
- remove Paladin Fear completely
Posted ProdigyPirat on 05 August 2014 - 06:26 PM
Posted Nixonxx on 04 August 2014 - 01:35 PM
you're a holy priest, you suffer most from warlocks, and the warlock comp that fucks hpriests the most is lsd, so you hate lsd. As a holy priest you rarely get swapped to by rogues, and almost never get trained by them. You have no fucking clue how overpowered they are to every other class who they train every fucking game. So stop mouthing off about be FOTMing to a shaman when you have no clue how the game works outside of throwing instant heals out and fearing on CD in RMP and winning every game.
My goodness you're the definition of inbred.
Lord smite me; Jaime makes me lose complete faith in humanity.