This thread is not about specific classes unbalance. Not gonna go there, i play a pretty strong (borderline op) class so not gonna start a neverending flame. What i'm complaining about is the arena new mechanic. In order to explain myself i'll do 2 examples.
( A ) pre 5.4 and ( B ) post 5.4
( A ) fuck yeah weds. Time to cap. Go make 2s with random, play fast gg points disband bye
( B ) fuck no, it's weds. Time to find a decent player that can be bothered playin with a priest (or healer of anykind) vs supertryhards at 1700 mmr cause everyone is just playin SUPER FUCKING defensive to the point that you can see ppl poppin big cds at 100% hp cause their healer got half fear and enemy player popped some minor stuff.
Possible reasons (imho):
1) Everyoe playin healer + dps comp can actually have a shot to beat anyone, even far better players. All you need to do is gettin a good pve-rotation attempt droppin someone really low and then pilar, play super defensive and wait for the freaking Chosen by the crowd buff. Say you good and overcome the dumb attempt you most likely gonna have to spend 10 mins AT LEAST... if you don't you just wasted 15 mins to gain nothing.this is makin cappin a TRUE pain in the ass.
2) The dumb idea of keepin armory record of arena win/loss for the entire season. PPl don't go yolo cap anymore like leaving in boring match up situation simply cause they don't want 30% win loss ratio to be there, publicly exposed.
1) Reset rating/stats button. You press it you wipe it ALL. Just start over. Thanks for coming
2) Make an alternative fast way for capping and ask some (3 ? 5 ?) games played at your highest braket to get next week cap still high.
Seriously, 2s is just being disgusting and yolo cap in 3s is not a super viable option for the stats reason. Not to mention many ppl won't join random noskype games just for cap. World of tryhardercraft has been there for what, 2 weeks now ? enought to make me and ANYONE i know really tired of it.
Rolf - you got a bunch of opportunist, mid-20s kids that play a non-pro game for a living, enjoying the dolce vita eating ice creaming and licking fluids of each other, by saying they are doing it for charity.
Ebola ridden kids in Africa are going to sleep happy today, knowing that in some distant land a bunch of caucasians are having a nice time with money "supposedly" raised for them. After all a good ol' icecream tastes better than a malaria vaccine.
We get dmg buffs in the next patch we dont need more dmg.
Human makes insane DMG in the opener because you have all your trinket proccs with shadow dance.
But after your opener you cant time shadow dance every time with your trinket proccs.
CC + DMG is always better than double pvp trinkets.
This is a big plus point, u can use shadowmeld always when u need it.
For usefull addons I'd recommend TellMeWhen tbh, however I rarely use any rogue specific addons, so I think you should start with TMW, and turn it off later.
For rogue play you should know that if you don't have teammates who knows exactly how to play with a rogue in team, you should get the most possible gear. Going in with a new class (especially with one of the most squishy classes imo) is gonna feel a lot weaker, so you should gear up for it, so it's not a drawback.
Sadly rogue class is kinda useless (replaceable with something better) in almost every single setup after wotlk so I do recommend you to level a mage. Playing a mage good is more rewarding than playing a rogue good, however the class is fun to play, but you have to count on being useless at the first 2 seasons of every expansion coming out. Sometimes I curse the day I deleted my undead mage for an undead rogue but meh..
The upcoming patch will be good for you if you really want to learn to play the class, but then pick sub/assa. If you want combat just reroll to any other melee
- predict the stuns/cc/burst so you can feint in time instead of permafeinting like a retard
- try to find your playstyle since every rogue has his own
- watch rogue streams to see what you should do and try to learn from it (but don't just copy it without brain)
- this may sound totally lame but: try to FEEL when your CCs drop out. With enough practice you can feel when your blind is about to expire, sap, stuns etc. This would let you to focus on a lot more stuff
- play in top tier armor/offset but with shitty weapons. with this you will learn to use your utility skills instead of just bursting down some1, also killing someone with a glavie+Tf offhand is more sexy
Honestly, the whole theme of this expansion still annoys me. This weeaboo, quasi-racist generic Asian theme is not Warcraft. Nothing fits with the previous 6 years of this game and the 10+ years of RTS Warcraft before that.
Could everyone just stop arguing, rogues will be in a good spot (sub) to get some decent arenas while assa will be OP (which it is kind of now). can't we all just agree? I like these changes, its going the right direction atleast.