- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Djandawg
DjandawgMember Since 05 Mar 2011
Offline Last Active Dec 12 2014 11:35 AM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 1039
- Profile Views 12929
- Member Title Advanced Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Posted Hnng on 30 August 2013 - 01:22 PM
Posted Flabbert on 28 August 2013 - 07:46 PM
Posted Hasuit2 on 20 August 2013 - 09:15 AM
Hey, ever since placing 2nd in the Gamer's United charity tournament a few weeks ago tons of top players have been accusing me of using a healing sphere bot. It automatically places healing spheres undereath your current target and gives a very large unfair advantage. Last night I started recording all of our matches. In the vods you can clearly see that I click every healing sphere and don't use a bot. I've never used it before, and I'd never even heard of it until people accused me of using it. This thread is just for me to post my videos and hopefully convince everyone that I'm a legitimate player.
Last night we got 2315 rating on TR and 2735 rating in 3s on Tichondrius. I've uploaded the games we played on TR here:
And I'll render the games from live overnight and post them tomorrow.
Thanks for reading/watching
edit: games from live:
idk why its not auto embedded
Posted Hansol on 08 August 2013 - 01:41 AM
- Hansol the Pyromaniac
Posted Marshmellow on 07 August 2013 - 04:16 AM
- ranged disarm 1 min cd
- ring of peace or aoe stun 45 secs
- karma 1.5 min
- fist of fury YES, 25secs LOL
- insane mobility
- 15 secs cd on paralysis
- Bindisputably EST melee interrupt in game
tone dmg down and change some cds
ALSO while you are at it... nerf hunter dmg. MM is insane on PTR
I would trade any of those (besides karma obviously) for some kind of passive dr
and I agree, played WW for about 3 hours on ptr today and holy shit the damage is retarded, blizzard has said they have yet to do a number pass but WW definitely needs some reductions
at least 15% on Fist of Fury
Rising sun kick should be reduced by about 15-20% and blackout kick damage should be increase by 10% to compensate
oh and take the gag order silence off of SHS tyvm shit is awful
and make fist of fury not stun after the initial stun
Posted dominera on 16 June 2013 - 03:05 PM
/cast [harm] Soothe; Remove Corruption
What it does is that it will cast soothe if u are targeting an enemy. This is great for taking grounding down/using when dk uses dark simulacrum. And as u see the macro is to save some space... Other than that i feel that modifier macros for your cc abilities is great
Posted dominera on 16 June 2013 - 02:32 PM
/cast [stealth] pounce
/cast [nostealth] mangle
/cast [stealth] Pounce
The first one is just basic pounce while you are in stealth and mangle otherwise, the otherone is spammable pounce in stealth (for finding rogues/druids) and rake otherwise. I agree with you that you need alot of binds/macros as a feral. I also play mage and rogue but i have most binds and macros by far on my feral. Since feral is my main and im playing at highest rating with it i guess that could be one of the reasons, but i have always felt like the spec itself needs alot of binds/macros. Thats why i have alot of modifier macros to save binds
Posted Neosaurfang on 08 June 2013 - 07:42 PM
Presences, Use Unholy/Blood. this is very important as it makes up for alot of damage, whenever youre not targetted switch to Unholy but if they are on you stay blood presence. Use conversion for defense Heal ignore other talents use !cast conversion and spam if it needed (Double heal) if not then use it once and it will keep ticking untill runic power runs out or cancelled. Also, if youre not taking alot of damage cancel it again so it wont sit on draining your Runic power and prevent you from doing damage.
My reforge priorities are Mastery/Haste/Critt. I just prefer mastery for Gargoyle damage and dot ticks/death coil damage. Some goes critt or haste, but i prefer mastery and always have.
Gems - Red Strength - Blue - PvP power/Strength (I have done some testing and i actually believe PvP power does more necrotic absorb then strength in a 1:1 ratio but damage hits less like plague etc, but its worth it especially in those sockets that gives 60+ Strength bonuses because you gain 80 Strength + 80 PvP power, so you only lose 20 Strength but gain 80 PvP power.) Yellow - Strength/Mastery
My armory is also here if youre interested. THanks all
also if you want to be nice to your pet make a good macro like /cast [@pet] Death Coil and /Cast huddle if youre ghoul is enraged you cna safely use huddle and it wont be affected. in normal mode it will sit still and channel it, but enraged its a buff that stops damage. so keep that in mind when using it.
EDIT: Frenzy + Gargoyle = True, Same CD you can't use it to break people out of CC anymore so yeah.
Also blood tap for another 2 Necrotics, when you have used your 3minute cooldown and if youre using your 1 Min strength trinket then wait for 10 charges, then use your Outbreak + Necro + necro + Double necro with charges including youre trinket. Also if youre interested in waiting for Unholy strength before using your CDs with gargoyle + frenzy that's also a good thing to do. thanks all
Posted Moreudirl on 09 June 2013 - 06:45 AM
I played 50 games of 3v3 today for the first time since the 2nd week of the season. 47 games were hunters. Of the 3 games which were not hunters the MMRs consisted of 1700/1800 and 2150. (We were 2400-2500 mmr).
(lets just say fighting hunter cleave every single game really is not fun, especially as a healer.) Not only does the damage need to be toned down, along with the CC, but having 3 trinkets as BM is kind of over the top, combine this with the survivability a hunter possesses both through cooldowns and mobility and there is simply no way non hunter cleaves can truly compete other than by crossing their fingers and hoping for a "one shot" gib against the hunter's team.
simply put there are just way too many buttons for hunters to push, all of which have too HUGE of an impact on the game for the amount of ways they can be utilized both offensively and defensively.
@dagins marks is perfectly viable, no one says it is better than bm but, at times it seems even more powerful against casters such as warlocks. Binding shot+explosive trap or typhoon is fantastic. As well as front loading damage with power/chim shot (aimed shot too). howling the pet is not enough to save you.
i could write about 10000 words of changes that i feel would keep the class viable and strong while letting others still have a chance at playing their characters and enjoying the game, without panicing and running for their lives. However, i will hold out until i see the changes holinka has planned. (im aware hunters arent the complete problem with the game atm, but they are more than 80% of it)
Posted brosearch on 06 June 2013 - 06:09 PM
I want to start by clarifying that I have no personal animosity against Hunters. I am not the typical wow pvper who wants to see xxx class nerfed into oblivion because I have a long lasting hatred toward said class. Having said that, arena is totally unplayable currently because of Hunters. Yes it is unplayable; this is not an exaggeration. There is absolutely no chance of enjoying arena while hunters exist in their current state.
I am not making this post to whine about WOW or MOP. I prefer not to do such things. I am not going to make a long post about all the changes this game needs in order to have amazing pvp. I can deal with many absurd things happening in this game. I can deal with elemental shamans getting proc after proc and doing a ton of damage without casting. I can deal with mages not casting and doing crazy damage in a deep freeze. I can deal with feral druids hitting really really hard. I can deal with death knights having more trinkets than the pvp vendor. I can deal with a destro locks chaos bolt during their cds. I can deal with shamans having a 36 sec tremor totem. I can deal with psyfiend being extremely annoying. Clearly, there are many things in this game which present unique challenges. However all of the things listed above are avoidable and/or defendable. One of the key attributes among good players is their ability to counter imbalances such as these through the use of CDs, positioning, and coordination with their team.
That is the key point where Hunters step into a realm of God status. A Hunters arsenal is such that other players are entirely subject to the will of the Hunter. If a Hunter wants, he gets. If I beat a hunter team, it’s because he failed to beat me because of his mistakes. I didn’t beat him; he beat himself. I am being 100% serious here. With all that a Hunter can do, a loss on his part is his fault. Moreover, he could have done something different and there would be no way in which I could have beaten him. That is unacceptable. This is precisely why arena currently can’t be played seriously, and more importantly it can’t be enjoyed.
I won’t list all Hunter abilities. Rather, ill list the abilities or reasons why a Hunter is so governing.
1. The damage a Hunter does is far beyond high. This is the biggest problem with Hunters. The damage output they are capable of doing is not acceptable. It’s not healable in any way. You can’t stop it, and you can’t LOS it. Hilariously, the Hunter isn’t even the one doing most of the damage. His pets are the ones doing a majority of the damage, and those pets move like superman so you aren’t getting away. I am not sure why Hunter damage went up in 5.3, but it’s out of control right now in a big way.
2. Their control is instant, there is a lot of it, it’s ranged and it’s unavoidable. You can’t stop /cast [@focus] scatter trap, or /cast [@focus] pet stun thing, or /cast [@focus] silencing shot, and they can full trap off scatter or the pet stun OR the disengage 8 sec AOE physical root. Any hunter can land a full trap if he uses his disengage root, pet stuns a healer’s partner so they can’t eat the trap, or simply coordinates with his team. However he doesn’t even need a full trap for kills BECAUSE his damage is so damn high/instant/unavoidable. To make matters worse, they can Readiness and have access to scatter, trap and silencing shot yet again lol. In past expansions, if you ate traps, you could survive hunter cleaves. It’s truly sad but this is no longer the case. This just might be from a warlock perspective, but if I try to stand on my healer for the 3 secs scatter is on him, I’ll die before the trap even activates. Literally I have to gateway the instant they connect on me or I am dead. I can’t tell you how many times I have used my pet sac, unending resolve, fel regen and healthstone all right away, only to die through all of it as if I pulled a raid boss who one shot me.
3. The hunter isn’t controllable in any reliable way for the first few mins of a game. BM provides a trinket effect, they obviously have the regular pvp trinket, and they can readiness BM too. These are 3 ways in which the Hunter is able to free himself of any CC which enables him to assert his control and damage as he sees fit. If he wanted, he has other ways to avoid additional control attempts too, but I’ll just leave those out for now. Back to the point, you can’t stun a Hunters opener, or fear or blind it. He is going to be free period. This is a massive problem because he also has the other 2 arrows in his quiver as I mentioned above (his unreal damage and his puppet master like control). If the hunter wasn’t able to do insane damage to people, then he being free would be far less of a concern. If a hunter wasn’t able to control a healer so easily, reliably, and in a way that can’t be avoided, then him being free would also not be such an issue. However he does have all this damage and all this control, so giving him the ability to remain free to assert these things makes matters infinitely direr.
These 3 main issues combined are what make Hunters the problem they are now. 5.3 brought some changes that enable me to play my warlock in a way that is somewhat enjoyable now (I can actually do some meaningful damage). I would love to que 3v3 again, but every time I do there is an onslaught of Hunter teams who basically win by default. About 80% of all 3v3 teams have a hunter, so there is no escaping them. Additionally, it’s not just warlocks who get absolutely destroyed by these Hunter teams. When you are a God among mortals, you take everyone to pound town. NO class can really enjoy arena as long as Hunters stay like they are. I sincerely hope even Hunters themselves realize it can’t be fun like this. Lebron James wouldn’t go play basketball at the local gym because it’s not fun to play versus those who stand no chance at winning.
I challenge anyone to go watch some streams of 3v3. You will see how prevalent and utterly dominant Hunters are. Even vs. top players, they impose their will with little to no effort. I know blizzard isn’t a fan of pvp only fixes but I don’t see any other way in this situation.
Their damage needs to go way down, the BM trinket effect removed altogether, and their control must be reduced (maybe make a target immune to scatter if he has been silencing shot and vice versa). No class should have it all. If nothing is done about Hunters, this season is completely lost. There is no debating that fact.
Thanks for your support and consideration.
Posted Galaleo on 30 May 2013 - 11:39 AM
Don't get me wrong, I hate cleaves and am working on my own Ele now, but neither one is more stupid than the other at this point.
Melee classes are very biased and I can respect that. I can even see how you may think that wizards are just as retarded. The issue casters have is regardless of comp they are required to ramp up damage. With the exception of ele wizards simply cannot pick a target when the gates open and tunnel it into the ground. The mindset of a caster is setup and CC. The mindset of a melee cleave is to acquire a target before the gates open and shove unhealable damage into it.
Jumping into arena you cant grab 2 buddies and play God comp, you just cant. You CAN however dive in with a warrior hunter or similar cleave and tunnel well past 2k with relative ease. These players mistake this success as skill and are ruining the community.
This is just my perception obviously and I dont want to come off pretentious. I have been on both sides of the table though. My first 2 gladiator titles were on a feral druid and I have played rogue to 2700 as well. When I first got into my rogue I had issues breaking 2200 partly due to gear and partly due to lack of skill. I then partnered with a 2k warrior and a druid and we literally rolled to 2300 in an hour or so. It made it so easy to get my tier 2 weapons for the first time on rogue.
Im not discrediting the skill of ALL melee cleave comps, but you guys really need a reality check if you dont see the issue with tunneling 1 target and then complaining when after a few mins you die.