All we need is a little boost to utility. Maybe with the new change of pvp ownership we'll see some improvements to the overall state of the game.
1.) Increase VT dispel protection.
Spriests provide some of the lowest damage-over-time effects in the game right now. The ratio of dot dmg to other dmg is the lowest its been ever for spriests across any season. Hunters outheal our dots and melee bleeds rule the dot scene. VT dmg needs a buff but so does its dispel protection.
- Dispel protection as a mechanic in general, was classically about midgame utility: it would protect your momentum somewhat, and synergize less with powerful openers or low hp finishers. Think shadow weaving, oldschool polymorph covering, etc.
- Dispel protection is about trading "tempo" http://en.wikipedia....i/Tempo_(chess), you force the dispeller into a decision that involves trading time/position/momentum in exchange for your activation plans.
- Add an instant mana burn effect, (I'd love to see energy/rage/combopts/procs burn mechanics but w/e), or;
- Add a kind of absorb/reflect/immune buff to spriest giving them a mini bop or freedom or reflect for the next attack, or;
- debuff haste or dmg or buff sp haste or dmg for 1-2 sec (i like haste since it lets you do things other than dmg).
- Make the burn or buff or w/e effect baseline -- it won't affect PvE.
- 4pc pvp bonus should increase VT dmg by 5% along with the horror effect -- again this won't decalibrate PvE.
Then you make a new glyph in its place. e.g. fade glyph that removes snares like novas/poisons.
That frees up a glyph slot to augment our utility based on the fight. Masdispels, better hots/shields, or cc breaks (swd), or more tankiness...something about our glyphs should be baseline so we can have more utility.
So bring back ONE of our staple utility features as baseline and not a glyph, open that slot up and rework whichever glyph you give to us as baseline.