- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Alemecia
AlemeciaMember Since 09 Feb 2011
Offline Last Active May 07 2013 07:39 PM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 221
- Profile Views 1686
- Member Title Advanced Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Alemecia hasn't added any friends yet.
Posted Hackattack3 on 18 April 2013 - 05:38 PM
Yes all classes have offensive and defensive CDs, but they are no where near equal.
I look at my hunter, the burst, the extra tools (dispell/MS/execute), defensive abilities (deter, disengage, master's call, stuns, BW trinket, Roar sac), snares, instant cc, and I feel it has everything in comparison to the other classes that I play. Some classes literally don't have 50% of these abilities or similar abilities. When I lose, there's always something I could have used better or done better.
When I lose on my boomer, that's not always the case, I have 1 way to get out of cc/stuns, if I blow that early and get caught its over. I review my loss and there's nothing I could do better except maybe run a different comp to fill in my weaknesses. Maybe a dk to grip melee off me or spriest to heal me when healer is cced/oom.
Classes with few abilities (like boomer) seem to get compensated with a few very ridiculous abilities so they can compete (solar beam), ring of peace for monks comes to mind too.
I'll give you a typical example of how I "outplay" disc priests on my hunter. I'm bad so a lot of times (especially 2s) a disc will surprise me and run up to me and fear me while I'm drooling and casting power shot or spamming kill command when its on CD. I'll BW trinket and scatter trap the priest followed by silence shot. He could trade his trinket with me, but if he does he's now prime for a swap (no stun DR yet) or I can pop readiness and 1/2 duration scatter trap him again. It's gay and wins a lot of games. He outplayed me by running up to me to fear me but since I have more tools/CDs I win by default.
Posted AcerMVP on 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM
Disclaimer: The stuff mentioned below isn't targeted to anybody, it's not meant for trolling and neither am I advocating it. This is just a rant about the forums lately, not just arenajunkies, but also the blizzard forms. I wrote this while at work, so it might sound a bit weird cause I wrote it so quickly, but I'm sure you will understand it.
These forums just have gone down the shit hole with the amount of class wining. I literally can bathe in your tears. You guys are just crying all across the boards about every class with the nerfs and buffs that are going on. What you need to learn is that this is WoW... Just like SC2, there is always a counter to you and you're always going to counter some one.
Seriously, I'm sure all of you know there is a class that you can absolutely destroy. Like me, I rape every class cause I'm a god, but the classes I can take a dump on their chest are SP, Mages like no other. I mean, I lay a fat turd on them and they can't do anything about it.
But I'm going to start showing you why whining isn't helping:
1) EVERY CLASS HAS A BLOW YOU THE FUCK UP MACRO.... If you don't believe it, then you're just ignorant and don't know how to stack cooldowns.
2) EVERY CLASS HAS DEFENSIVES TO GET AWAY FROM THESE MACROS.
3) Every class has a reason as to why they can hit hard or not, why they can live longer and why they're just "OP".
- Rogues: Hits hard during cooldowns, compensates outside of cooldowns with CC. Very vulnerable in a stun with out trinket.
- Shamans: Can easily get globaled if done right, but has the heals to compensate if doesn't get globaled.
- Priests: Has a huge burst output/heals, but makes up for it by using cloth. If you catch a priest with out trinket or cds, he's basically garbage.
- Mages: Same shit has a priest. They'll get tossed around with out Ice Block, but makes up for it with the amount of dmg it outputs.
- Warriors: Theyre dmg is retarded, but that's because they can easily get globaled. I can global a warrior in opener if done right, that's simple. They're defensive's are garbage atm, pre disarm their shield wall and they're fucked; not even second wind will help them.
- Hunters: They take so much fucking damage, but they compensate for the damage they do/cc just like a rogue.
- Monks: Ring of Peace is just retarded. Other than that, they're easily kill-able. Just force their bubble and watch for that first stun reduction garbage for mistweavers. Windwalkers are easy kill targets.
- DK's: They can easily get globaled with out AMS, they take a lot of dmg with out cooldowns and they compensate by hitting hard.
- Paly's: Same shit as a priest. Their worst nightmare is a priest. Priest counter the shit out of palys just cause of MD. Paly's can die really easy, if they get a bubble off and heal through your burst, you're fucked, but if you have a priest in your team, you should be winning. No if's and's or butts.
- Druids: The blink shit might be the dumbest thing they gave a druid, but I understand why, you can literally global a druid with and without his tree form. So of course, the heals need to make up for this. Heart of the wild is a bit op for Boomkins/ferals, but they need some form of defensive because if you jump onto a boomy or feral with out defensive cooldowns, they're fucked.
- Warlock: Same shit as everyone above. If you're playing affliction this season, your dmg is shit. Just play something that will actually be worth playing till they fix it... Other than that as Destruction, your dmg is insane if you get a chaos bolt off, that's a huge IF. Very easy to stop a chaos bolt, if you don't know how too, then you need to quit the game because that's mostly destro locks damage, unless their shadowburn crits you for like 200k. Which happened to me last night, through cloak...... Either way, their heals are crazy, but if you ride a warlock for a few mins, you'll be fine.
With everything I stated above, what is the outcome? EVERYONE GETS HIT HARD AS SHIT NO MATTER WHAT. Every class has some kind of defensive to get out of few things here and there. With out cool downs, every class is like a tissue paper ready to get ripped apart. Every class is the same, we all do a lot of dmg/heals, but we all get blown the fuck up. If you keep dying to certain classes, you need to evaluate what the fuck you're doing and change something in order to not keep dying to them. Learn different rotations for different classes/comps, record your matches, find out what's going on and how to fix it. Instead of complaining, find ways to help each other out on how to control other class and/or deal with them. That's what AJ used to be about. Now it's turned into straight drama as if it's high school all over again.
As my fore fathers once said, It's a fucking game, play for fun or L2P.
Posted Tsx on 16 April 2013 - 11:10 AM
Posted Conviqx on 15 April 2013 - 11:53 PM
people tend to forget cheap shot and garrote have quite a substantial energy cost. Mages on the other hand can spam peel a whole team with spammable sheep, novas and deeps with no cost at all.
Posted Massai on 12 April 2013 - 03:00 PM
Posted WildeHilde on 06 April 2013 - 08:08 PM
Looking for feedback. Do you like how this one is done? Want to get some opinions before continuing to the other classes.
Posted WildeHilde on 07 April 2013 - 09:17 AM
Posted WildeHilde on 07 April 2013 - 08:45 PM
Also adding annotations for the Hunter cooldowns.
If someone wants to help me frapsing - send me a PM.
Posted Thaya on 03 April 2013 - 02:32 PM
/run SetBinding("key", "MACRO name")
Replace key with the key you want to bind it to, and name to how your macro is called. Leave the quotes.
Once you set it, do this: /run SaveBindings()
to save them (or it'll reset on log out).
Edit: for those of you who are willing to experiment: yes, you can also use SPELL spellname or ITEM itemname.
And the format for key is this: "ALT-CTRL-F", "SHIFT-T", "W", "BUTTON4", etc.
Posted Tehflayz on 02 April 2013 - 02:14 AM
Also, give Spriests something for an 87 talent. Perhaps a freedom to escape from the incoming storm of melee that are about to train them down for the entire game with these new changes.
Posted Environ on 28 March 2013 - 01:24 PM
Basicly instead of giving us some way of not being slowed 24/7 and getting out of roots they gave us a way to do a portion of our damage while were chilling in our novas.
Idk can sound bias prolly does but yea damage from it might still be too high maybe could be nerfed by 10-15% but can't see why ppl whine about it as op if ppl talked more about deadly throw interrupting and having no cd then id say theyr 100% right.
Posted kazuhmeer on 28 March 2013 - 06:22 AM
Resilience won't save you - any godcomp or spell cleave above 2.2-2.3k can kill you through all your cds if they get one cc on your shaman. Then again, you play with equally scummish classes so the sp might save you.
Aren't you the one championing the idea of improving AJ, then make moronic posts like this? Try to be constructive instead of just fucking whining and making excuses jesus christ.
Posted kazuhmeer on 28 March 2013 - 04:59 AM
My default spec is warbringer with blitz/leap/bull rush glyphed, but they change game to game more or less.
Against almost every spell cleave I'm specing Juggernaut, dropping Blitz for MS glyph and sometimes dropping bull rush for spell reflection depending on the match up, i.e. queing into the same spell cleave that always goes warrior. Disrupting shout is basically mandatory in my opinion.
As far as playstyle is concerned, I play WPS and we basically train the mage the entire game looking for swaps onto the healer. However, games are extremely situational as a warrior vs wizards. We've adopted the "50 yard line approach", any caster pushing into our team we push right back out. Spriests going for a fear are a big one, just charge/hamstring buys your healer enough time to not eat that fear and waste tremor.
As I said above we sit mage a lot, reasoning being most mages we encounter around 2300+ all run frost bomb and stopping bombs is the single most important thing you can do as a warrior. Incanters+Icy Veins+Trinket means a 1 shot on the orb/bomb or burning a major defensive like swap or link. Using reflect on almost cooldown is equally important.
Often times I see a scenario like a swap onto my spriest or shaman, so I kick the bomb cast. Mage will pet nova me, sheep healer, and start casting a bomb into me. Assuming disrupting shout is down its so so imperative to reflect that bomb, or at least make him use 1 more global on lance to eat the reflect. Buying that 1.5s of time on your healers sheep is pretty critical, thats enough time for your spriest to MD or just try to out last the bad situation you're in with a healer in CC.
Using safeguard effectively is also one of the most important things we can do as warriors. Safeguarding during a deep for the 20% is beyond huge, or clearing roots offensively for a big kill. Also, remember to drop demo flag during a mage icy veins / warlocks demon soul, its only 10% but you need all the help you can get.
I don't think the solution is definite and depends on every match up and how its played but I'm really looking for any suggestions on how you guys play against wizards, its our only really brutal match besides RPS and the better thug cleaves.
Posted Djandawg on 26 March 2013 - 01:24 AM
I have a group of 8 (most of them RL) friends who came back to the game last week. They really liked the content, stuff you can do this expansion, like quests, rep, dungeons, raids, different mechanics, zones and so on. Even though they were relatively high rated players and did many hours of arena every week when they were active, they kinda dropped arena (they all have full honor gear). When I asked them the reason they all said, all classes have everything, signature abilities are given to other classes and everyone has basically too much. It obviously sucks that they changed so much and it is almost a brand new way of doing arena, so maybe a few guides could help but it's mostly the direction of the game that people don't like.