1) Rating decay ( after 3 weeks of not playing, your char drops 15 points per reset or something )
2) Only 1 character of the same class eligible for end of season rewards. A dude has a, let's say, DK on 3k rating, DK on 2.9k and a DK on 2.7k, his highest rated DK gets the seasonal award, his other two DKs don't get anything.
End of story really. In fact, gonna tweet this to Holinka.
do you even use your brain? how is boosting bad for the game? this is the only reason why you are no sitting in 40minutes ques everytime you are quin at decently high mmr.
the only reason why there's 40min queue in the first place is because the game is shit and noone is playing it anymore, "a quick fix" that ruins the game in the long run is a terrible idea to promote. boosting is very bad for the game.
First of, I love defending friends:
Second of, you dont seem very smart
And on the contrast, I don't understand why you would partake in a conversation that you actually have no intel on whatsoever
You're whining like a bitch because your friend got banned for boosting? Good use of your time. Just send him a PM saying 'everything will be okay'. People should realize that if you do shit that's explicitly against the ToS, whether or not it's something small like tmorph, or whether or not they have banned for it in the past, that you run the risk of getting banned. You're not 17 anymore, use your brain.
My point is every time there is a banwave, what follows is the same, exact, shitty thread with people complaining that they got banned when blizzard didn't ban other people, and a long debate on whether or not it's okay to ban for some shit but not ban for other shit.
It's your own fault for getting banned. Regardless of how many people get away for doing other shit. We don't need another 12 page thread debating the merits of 'what things are against the ToS but are still okay to do because xyz reason'.
Hopefully this slays alts. Do you see COD kids having multiple 10 Prestige accs legit?
So sick of this new trend where every time there is a new change 99% of the ladder consists of whatever class is OP instead of mainclasses. Personally I hope this artifact and new honor system requires quite a lot of dedication to one class.
nostalgia truly hides the imperfections of WotLK. The game was broken as hell, the only difference is that the game itself was defi more fun to play because of more tools to use and well, some would argue that pveing to pvp also was a huge aspect of the game which made it indirectly more fun too.
To bring back some of the oh so not nice memories;
- LSD, fuck lsd, cuz lsd
- ATC (prot warr with like 1-2 resi pieces, hunt, hpala), 1 shot everything while being pretty much immune to dmg for a full min in the start of the game, only the top 3 god comps could beat it.
- GCD hack, some even say people used it for the full duration of the expansion ( BLADEY SHAME ON YOU )
- DKs, a 50% shield wall that made u immune to stuns for 12 sec, with a 1 min cd? WTF? Anti magic shell & anti magic zone ontop of that.
- Hpalas, freedom stuns, while stunned, really?
- Hunters, Stuns periodically by pressing explosive shot, RNG only obviously cuz why not?
- Bladestorm not disarmable, full duration bladestorm would kill you if u didnt have a massive cd to counter it, very little counter play to it at one point if used correctly.
- Double healer warrior, double healer warlock, double healer prot pala, double healer ret - few of many diff double healer comps that easily could achieve rank 1
I could go on and on and on about the flaws of WotlK, people seem to just mindlessly ignore it tho. Sure it had its peak where there were a lot of comps & classes that were both fun and rewarding to play but dont tell me wotlk was this ideal game where noone cries bout mages or locks, the game was inbalanced as hell from patch to patch.
I think the problem lies with how fun the individual character is, really. I truly wish & hope that blizzard announces a few more abilities for each and every class for the next expansion. Let the feels come back where mages dont seem to have 2x the abilities you have.
I've been playing this game hardcore from vanilla to wrath and played casually since cata. I can tell everyone with a straight face that there will always be something to cry and complain about, and there will always be rose tinted glasses when we look back at expansions like wrath and claim that the game was best at that point. I will not be surprised at all when people in the next expansion start to look back at WoD as a successful expansion.
This was agreed upon on many times. SWTOR had that from day 1 - built in CC&snare&root breaker into spellbook of every class ( it even had class-specific names and GFX, like, Sith Sorcerers ( think of Emperor Palpatine ) would strike lightning from their bodies when they broke CC, Sith Warriors ( think Darth Vader ) would show red glow and rage/etc ).
Just give everyone a PvP break effect built inside their spell books, keep the racials as they are ( or disable them in arena ), and give hoomans something else.
There are literally no negative repercussions for doing so. In fact, they could even design PVE according to it, design encounters where players have to think when they have to break a certain effect or whether they should save it - it's an extra cooldown to design for, and a fun one at that.