- Viewing Profile: Reputation: amirdaheat
amirdaheatMember Since 27 Jan 2011
Offline Last Active Today, 01:35 PM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 378
- Profile Views 5813
- Member Title Member
- Age 27 years old
- Birthday November 30, 1986
Posted Lolflay on Yesterday, 10:52 PM
Hunters had to manage mana, they oom'd if they DPS'd like mongoloids and would have to swap to aspect of the viper and regen mana at the expense of doing very little damage.
Rogues had to pool energy on top of having to have combo points to do damage.
Casters had to conserve mana, play intelligently and look for reset/drink opportunities ( if the game was looking to last long ).
Healers went oom, basically, same as above sentence ^
Warriors mash 2 buttons and are at 100 rage, wrecking shit.
Hunters were absolutely shit when they got their mana replaced by focus in Cata ( great idea Blizzard, rofl ), the end result is that they recieved a broken mechanic on their class - their class was halted with mana costs and intelligent play, now they spam mongoloid damage and CC chains, completely resource-mechanic free.
Casters don't oom ( unless you're a shadowpriest who is getting trained 24/7 and can't get a VT or two up at all ).
Rogues are basically the only class that still take skill to be played, just like in previous expansions ( outside Glaives and legendary daggers ). This all above is my gripe with this expansion.
Posted Senorsquid on 18 September 2014 - 05:09 AM
En primer lugar, quiero pedir disculpas sobre todo a Chanimala, también conocido como Adam. Adam ha sido mi mayor inspiración en WoW, lo amo como jugador, lo amo como persona. Siento que lo dejé más abajo; le envió un mensaje preguntándome por qué permití que lo que le pasó a suceder, y no había nada que pudiera decirle. Él es uno de los más cool, más bonito, tipos más graciosos que he conocido; IRL y en línea. Pido disculpas a usted Adam, espero que esto no cambia mucho.
En segundo lugar, me gustaría pedir disculpas a Jahmilli (Smoochador). Jahmilli fue acusado de jugar al mago en nuestro godcomp, y tomó tanta falta de respeto de la gente en su corriente. Las personas lo acusaron de forma automática por hacer algo que él tomó absolutamente cero pieza. ¿Qué sucedió causó una reacción y terminó con Jahmilli perder fans y el respeto de algunos de la comunidad de WoW. Junto con Jahmilli, quiero pedir disculpas a Tease. Tease sabía Jahmilli no tuvo parte en ella, y tuvo que ver Jahmilli siendo acusado de hacer algo que no hizo. Ella era, me imagino, directamente afectados por todo el torneo ESL así debido a las acciones ocurrieron con mi equipo. Pido disculpas a usted.
Siguiente Quiero pedir disculpas a todos los jugadores del torneo que se vieron afectados por lo sucedido con el equipo Jake'n'Bake. Pikaboo, (uno de los chicos más cool WoW, realmente divertido, prodigio rogue, siempre he querido impresionar / jugar, también soy discreta su mayor fan) Snutz, Venruki, CDEW, (todos los jugadores que me siempre han visto / admirado / se necesitan para impresionar / ser del agrado de cuando empecé a jugar) Dillypoo, (un amigo muy cercano mío que es un todo un gran ser humano. han disfrutado jugando / pasar mucho tiempo con él) Tosan (en realidad nunca llegó a conocerlo, siempre ha sido un fan de sus viejas películas de PVP, sentir que estamos en una mala nota en la actualidad) Glink (Glink es uno de los tipos más divertidos para jugar; siempre una actitud positiva, le encanta perder el tiempo, le ha conocido por un tiempo y hemos sido conocidos por ser grandes amigos, esperamos que podamos seguir siendo) el godcomp jugamos para el último lugar en los regionales (no conocía a ninguno de ellos, pero merecíamos una feria oportunidad de los regionales, que no consiguieron.) equipo de Novoz equipo / de Vanguard (ambos equipos con jugadores muy cualificados / conocidos y respetados, cuando se enteraron de lo que estaba pasando con nuestro equipo y nosotros lo que es para los regionales, fue muy injusto para ellos )
Lo siguiente es toda contracción / wow comunidad / mis fans / amigos que no fueron mencionados. Lo siento por haberte decepcionado, esto nunca vuelva a suceder. Sólo espero que cualquiera que no me conoce no juzgará mi personaje basa fuera de éste evento, espero que todo el mundo puede mirar más allá de esto y acepte mis disculpas.
Y la última vez que pedir disculpas a Blizzardo / ESL para decir que este es, de lejos, el torneo más desorganizado nunca. Muy poco profesional, mala cimentación, poco o nada de los administradores para ayudar con preguntas sin respuesta, reglas / toda manera el torneo fue ran era absurdo.
Lo sentimos a todos, espero que esto aclare todo y que la gente puede mirar más allá de lo que pasó, gracias por todo el que lea esto.
Posted Goatsie on 19 September 2014 - 08:04 AM
Thank you for your comprehension and for following AJ rules and forum experience.
Posted Capstone on 19 September 2014 - 01:47 AM
no strategy needed, it is just like wow. you pick hunter every game and attack until you win. other classes have to aim and do things with their hero powers, but with hunter, you just press it and it shoots the other player. basically, it is the same as wow
i just started playing a couple weeks ago, and through lots of picking hunter, i obtained legend today
if you are a hunter reading this, DO NOT HESITATE to play hearthstone and obtain your free legendary card back. DO NOT queue for arenas in WoW until you have gotten your complimentary hearthstone rewards. i repeat, hunters, DO NOT queue for arenas in WoW and go play hearthstone
thank you all for your time
Posted Bigmoran on 19 September 2014 - 01:39 AM
The Thank Odin thing originated from History Channel's twitter promoting the show Vikings. It's a great show, i'd also recommend it.
srs question r u gay?
Posted Regent on 18 September 2014 - 11:54 PM
Since there has been a lot of drama recently, I figured I would make a TL;DR thread for those of you that have successful real lives and can't sit on ArenaJunkies 24/7.
The North American Regional Qualifiers:
- Hosted by ESL (the same company that organized the holocaust)
- 2800 players qualify but only 50 Teams signed up
- No seeding and random placement meant some popular teams eliminated each other right of the bat
- Zero interaction with Blizzard, even after the ESL website wasn't working
- People suspect Blizzard will be asking for some of the money they paid ESL back, since ESL apparently completely forgot that they were supposed to hold this tournament
- Timestamp does show that Vanguards team was almost 30 minutes late to their match
- They claim they had no idea the time they were supposed to play
- Poor organization and almost no help from ESL admin, many people think they didn't deserve the loss
- Vanguards, being the least confrontational person in existence, made a nice forum post saying how he is slightly angry that he missed out on a chance for $40,000 USD
- Claims his first loss was not actually the "real" game and only practice
- Screenshots show his team agreeing it was the real game
- Some people claim that after his second loss he tried to contact tournament admin and get it changed
- Talbadar is "disappointed" in jah
- Jah, unsurprisingly, calls everyone "retards" and hasn't been seen since
- By far the biggest drama generating event of the tournament
- Wizk, Jakenotezz, and Random rogue decided to play RPS in tournament
- Upon tournament brackets coming out, they realize they will have to fight comps that are strong against them
- Wizk realizes that it would be too obvious to ddos his opponents, he determines he will have to come up with another way to cheat
- Wizk replaces his rogue and rsham with an rdruid and mage who are not on his team roster and then wins multiple games (it is assumed that the mage was played by, "Piecez," and the druid by, "Rynd")
- People (obviously) realize what is happening and he gets disqualified for cheating
- Wizk then cries, makes a 40 minute video about why he didn't cheat, no one believes him
- Jakenotezz, then makes a post on AJ admitting that they cheated, apologizing, and says he only did it to bang his 18 y/o e-girlfriend when he goes to New York
- Wizk then claims he is too good for this community
- Wizk locks in his spot next to Xandyn in the "top 5 scummiest wow players of all time"
- Randomroguex is mad that no one knows who he is, doesn't understand the concept of why cheating is bad, and is apparently a part of some "elite cheaters club"
- Apparently it was easier to allow these people to play in the tournament and then disqualify them after they won
- Raises multiple questions about the outcome of the tournament, since the teams who got DQ'ed knocked people out of the tournament
- The dominant team of Jeff, Barry, and Twochainz is rumored to be one of the teams DQ'ed
- Made multiple weird posts about having a girlfriend
- Multiple awkward tweets involving, but not limited to: old memes, obscure Norwegian cover bands, and History channel TV shows
- All of this is okay though, because according to him, he "has a lot of friends"
- but apparently forget to tell him he is off the team
- Famous monk, "Dannycarey" is replace by other famous monk, "Verdantstorm"
- Novoz and Thugonomicz imply that Dannycarey is part of something (Illuminati?)
- Dannycarrey still hasn't run out of mana
- Surprisingly, Glinks didn't cheat or try to ddos anyone
- Nice work, Glinks
- A week has gone by since his last sighting
- Police have decided to end the search
- His family stays hopeful
- Datacus tries really hard to get some free rep, fails miserably
- For the first time in over a year, people are capped out on giving rep
- If you point out any scummy things that friends of the moderators have done, you will be getting an infraction
- Flavour is still making stupid posts
- Dillypoo's insults have been getting noticeably better over time, possibly hitting puberty soon?
- Bigmoran tries to dispel ddos rumors by threatening to ddos anyone who talks about it
- Thugonomicz believes that Arenajunkies.com is actually "Horse cocks"
- Bailamos dropped in to insult Jakenotezz for having an e-girlfriend, the irony is palpable
- More wintrading in EU, no one is surprised
- The "scummy dozen" continue to rep each-other in an attempt to make it seem like they have some community support
- Ayra is still black, and still european
Posted Bigmoran on 17 September 2014 - 04:53 PM
Posted stalebagel on 14 September 2014 - 07:31 PM
Posted Lolflay on 14 September 2014 - 01:33 PM
Wow this expansion sucks game is so dumb downed BC was the best.
Wow this is the worst expansion yet, this game blows, they ruined pvp.
Wow cata/wotlk was the best MoP ruined everything.
Wow WoD is ridiculous, don't you miss when every class could get high rated in MoP? This game sucks now, blizzard ruined PvP.
You're quite dumb. Matter of fact is, with every expansion, PvP became progressively worse and worse. It's kind of hard for everyone to have the same opinion on something for it not to be true, statistics don't lie.
Posted Lolflay on 13 September 2014 - 07:32 PM
YOU'RE WELCOME FOR FREE ADVICE.
Posted Clamnesia on 09 September 2014 - 12:35 PM
Shatter combo post wrath: lance, lance, lance, pet freeze, lance lance, orb, alter time, lance lance, alter back, lance, deep, lance lance lance, lance lance lance.
Warrior pre cata:" i need to do damage", Battle stance, /equip 2hander, mortal strike etc.. "oh no, im in trouble." Defensive stance, /equip sword and board, /cast shieldwall
Classes in geneal before mop: Oh shit, my ONE defensive, IF THAT, is gone, my healer is CCd, theres no pillar, im dead.
after MOP: Dont worry, i have 23762769 more defensives, ill live til youre out of CC, which you shouldnt be in anyway, but are, because youre a mongoloid retard rat sitting in the middle of the arena.
classes before cata: Im trying so hard to do damage
classes psot wrath: dude, im getting 100 and 200Ks while backpedaling in circles!!! Oh yeah, and its all instant.
Just a few examples of differences between expansions that i think effect the overall skill, style, and gameplay of wow.
Posted Tekkys on 09 September 2014 - 04:16 AM
However Wrath isnt my favorite expansion because of some innate balance that existed; it was because the skill floor and skill ceiling of each class, and moreover, the comps you played had such a tremendous gap that you knew when a team really just flat out beat you. The little nuances of each class that you had to understand to really be competitive set the game apart from it's later expansions, especially this one. Sure stupid things like beastcleave and dfo wizard cleaves existed, but they always will. However, back then i feel the community as a whole had a lot more respect for people who truly preformed well and showcased their skill, rather than accusing them of being ddosers or wintraders or what have you. I think we were all still learning so much (i think the knowledge gap between TBC and Wrath was tremendous to be quite honest) that when someone did something skillful or released a video with some highlight or nuance everyone just stopped and said "Wow, i didnt even know x class could do that, or x spell".
Moral of the story is, when you can keep a game simple enough, but add just enough depth slowly but in ample amounts, you develop a really great platform, which is why games like League of Legends are so successful. The core mechanics of the game are so simple; you farm, you fight for objectives, you control vision, you buy items, and you work as a team. The depth they add is with each new champion the meta has a chance to change; with each new season, balance and item changes re-work the meta slightly, but never deviate from the cookie-cutter gameplay that most people are accustomed to now.
Wrath had it's flaws, but the learning that took place during that expansion, as well as the difference between the skill floor and skill ceiling being so noticeable are what made it such a great expansion, imo.
Posted brosearch on 09 September 2014 - 01:28 AM
Wotlk imo is easily the best xpac this game has ever seen. Afflic in wrath was unbelievably enjoyable and rewarding to play.
Cata wasn't too bad but mop is just atrocious.