- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Mattadoro
MattadoroMember Since 21 Apr 2008
Offline Last Active Apr 19 2014 07:26 PM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 1883
- Profile Views 16422
- Member Title Shredded Champion
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Posted Laros123 on 16 April 2014 - 09:22 PM
Posted swagoverlord on 11 April 2014 - 09:24 PM
Posted Sykeasaurus on 05 April 2014 - 09:06 PM
Posted Hyuru on 05 April 2014 - 03:38 PM
Posted BalanceRexxar on 28 March 2014 - 05:19 AM
I actually think there may be some kind of resilience bug that occurred mid game. I can't think of any other way for a boomkin to hit this hard non-crit with how much resilience there is.
Also, on another note of you being slain as a MW, you have nimble, trinket, and cocoon. Windwalkers should only be able to kill a MW by having leg sweep AND fists available, which is every 45s, therefore if you use at least one of those 3 cooldowns every time you should be able to live by yourself for at least 4 maybe even 5 swaps. You can immediately disarm or paralysis the monk to stop (90% if disarm) their damage and then orb, roll, port, sprint away and live.
I see this as a MW complaining about bad cooldown management.
But yes WW damage is unarguably broken and needs to be reworked via changing the way tigereye brew works.
Posted Dillypoo on 28 March 2014 - 08:14 AM
Posted bouncyballs on 27 March 2014 - 08:24 PM
"This site just isn't what it used to be."
"Yeah, arenajunkies used to be good in BC/wrath but now its just full of trolls and idiots."
"I like to read it because it is entertaining and funny."
I, like many, fall into that category of people that miss the old days of this website. The potential of this website is enormous. While I understand that trolling and making fun of people is just a fact of the internet, something can be done about it, and if you read further I have a pretty good example of a solution to the problem.
Bouncy's Proposition #1
I would like challenge the arenajunkies community, readers, trolls, but especially the moderators to act instead of just suggesting that people try to be productive in threads that are asking for help.
My simple way to fix this problem that really has corrupted the entire internet but is easily fixable in the case of this site is as follows:
Because trolling gets a, sad but true, large portion of the traffic to this website. Getting rid of the trolling or just negative way people post things is a real issue economically speaking.
So, instead of trying to clean up the whole site from trolling. I propose to create a new tab of this website.
Now some people may ask, how is this different than the most underused tab on arena junkies "Ask a Gladiator." Well, I will tell you!
In this new tab, before you can post or respond to any topic, you must agree to a waiver. All this waiver has to say is that the threads/topics created in this topic are genuine questions or thoughts about World of Warcraft, if you do not abide by the rules, posting privileges in this tab only will be removed from your account (First offense warning, Second offense removal).
The Two Rules of Engagement:
-Be positive. No one responds to negative better than they respond to positive. Especially on the internet.
-Do not troll.
-Where you are from is great, but it doesn't belong here.
Problems with my plan:
1) Now, people may say, but Bouncy, some people find things offensive when others don't. Use your filter people, I believe in you, if you think that it could be offensive, it probably is, so don't post it. It is as simple as that.
2) Moderators: I challenge you to be as unbiased as possible. I have heard numerous accounts of people getting banned for personal reasons of the moderator themselves and its actually sad this occurs but its just a fact of life. It is your duty to make this a positive and productive site for EVERYONE.
3) What if people don't use this tab? So be it, but at least give the portion of the community that wants an informative, positive, productive, and educational part of this website a chance. That is all I ask.
This is a first draft of my proposition, please let me know if you agree, disagree, and/or would make some changes. But I feel like this is an option that could only improve the integrity of this website.
Posted BalanceRexxar on 21 June 2013 - 01:29 AM
This is another thing I got asked a lot, "How do you get into RBG groups?" or "What is the point of taking a Windwalker Monk to RBG's" and there really isn't a good answer. My friends take me and there are better classes you could take over a Windwalker monk, simple as that. But I'll list what they are good at.
Flag Carrier Maps (only works as horde): Now this is the main purpose my team even considered bringing me. We have a amazing strategy to quick cap the first flag, unless the team knew we were going to do it, it was really hard to stop. What we did was have our tank sit in the lower back of mid in WSG or Twin Peaks. We had our rogue go and slow the opposing flag carrier as much as possible. And then me as monk and our mage or priest would come with me to pick up the flag. Once we did we'd either run out to the cliff on TP or the roof of tunnel in WSG and levitate or slowfall myself while I flying serpent kick across the entire mid, and if their FC did pass our rogue I would pass it to our FC, if not I would carry it myself to get a quick cap then proceed to kill their FC and we'd have a great start of the game. Now you're probably thinking, "But you can't flying serpent kick with levitate or slowfall anymore!" and you're right. But there is a way around it in a simple equation here.
No Slow-fall > Flying Serpent Kick Off Edge > Land in Midair > Receive a Slow-fall.
And this acts the same way as it did before because you'll have the speed of flying serpent kick while falling. It is quite hard to time but if you get it off it is really good.
Eye of the Storm: This strategy is similar to the one used for FC maps. At the start of a game you use the same formula,
No Slow-fall > Flying Serpent Kick Off Edge > Land in Midair > Receive a Slow-fall.
Which will most likely get you to the mid-flag and be able to pick it up before anyone can stop you. As long as they don't have a Mistweaver or Windwalker (because roll with slow-fall is faster than a mount with slow-fall) nobody should be able to stop you as long as you and your priest / mage don't mess up the formula. If you don't mess up you should inform your team that you will get it and the rest of them will go to try and get a third base. This will give you a huge lead and can essentially win the game in the opener.
Arathi Basin: This is another good battleground for monks. Monks are the best class to spin flags in my opinion because of Rushing Jade Wind or Spinning Crane Kick. You can tell your team they don't even have to spin unless you say spin just because of how impossible it is to cap with a monk spamming those abilities on the flag. Not to mention they do a significant amount of damage when you throw out 2 Storm, Earth, and Fire clones and apply Rising Sun Kick debuff to everybody. The other benefit is that monks are very good at 1v1ing other classes. You can be sent to mines and as long as it's a 1v1 you will get that base. On some occasions I have even done 1v2s in a RBG at mines and still got the flag, /flex. But honestly, you shouldn't lose a 1v1 as a monk. And another benefit of having a monk on node maps is because of their mobility. If your tank calls out he needs help at blacksmith you can very quickly roll, roll, flying serpent kick, and mount away and go help. You could even defend mines from lumbermill if you get a slow-fall or levitate with the equation I stated above. Although your damage may be low you bring a lot of utility to the game.
Temple of Kotmogu: This is a windwalker monks worst battleground. It used to be very good to be a monk in this battleground because you could flying serpent kick and roll with an orb to escape people. But ever since they nerfed it and made it so you can no longer get the speed bonus from those abilities we're literally sitting ducks in that battleground, outside of touch of karma we're just glass vases ready to be shattered. There is no reason to take a Windwalker monk over anything else in the game for this battleground. Sorry.
Silvershard Mines: This is a decent map for monks because of their mobility and capability to 1v1. You probably will want to keep them out of big fights such as the ones at water and lava carts. Since we don't have a reliable knock-back like Thunderstorm, Whiplash, or Typhoon, we can't really knock people out of the ring. Also, we don't have AoE roots like frost nova. We don't even have long AoE CC such as Howl of Terror or Ring of Frost. The best thing we could bring is a couple of stuns. We're better off sitting at the top cart defending it and 1v1ing anyone who tries to take it. If you aren't doing that you should find someone who is defending but is getting overrun to be a body in the circle.
Deepwind Gorge: The benefits of being a WW monk in this BG is similar to the ones of AB. The ability to spin flags greatly and the ability to run away and peel other bases. Other than that WW monks aren't very special for this battleground that I know of, I actually have played very little of this battlegrounds but from what I do know monks are useful for this battleground.
Battle for Gilnaes: This is a good battleground for monks because of your basic two RBG strategies. Spin flags and peel. If you get a normal capture on your closest base and go to waterworks, they will never cap unless you all die. We also can do amazing damage if we can sit at that base all game and spam our AoE. If we do get the base it is very easy for a monk to peel to another base to defend. Monks can be very useful in this battleground.
Defending Guide: As you know most classes you put on defense are classes with pets, but monks can be decently good at defending as well. We have several abilities that help us protect our base. Those abilities are...
Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
Storm, Earth, and Fire
So how you go about defending a base is the same for all bases. What you want to do it put your Spirit from transcendence on the flag then move at max range (40 yards) away from it, preferably line of sight of the flag but still a spot where you can see the flag to tell if someone beings to capture it. Normally a class that will ninja cap will be a rogue, mage, or hunter. Obviously the first thing you do when you encounter another person while defending by yourself is call it out to your team. With that done, you need to begin your personal process of defending. Hopefully if they open up with a sap, scatter shot into trap, or polymorph, you're far enough away where you don't have to trinket it before they capture. They may get it but you may have to take a risk not to trinket. If you do trinket your first global after that should be Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger. If they try to CC you again your tiger will be able to hit then and stop them from capping. This tiger lasts 45 seconds so they shouldn't be able to capture it for that amount of time because Xuen is immune to a lot of CC. And if your teammates haven't come to help by then you should remove all of them from friends and leave the battleground. But! If Xuen is on cooldown for some reason the alternative is Storm, Earth, and Fire. It acts similar to Xuen but can be killed quickly or will disappear if feared or rooted. And if you're trinket is on cooldown you should ask a teammate to stay with you until it is back up. But, if they do begin capturing while you're feared you can always use Nimble Brew to get out.
Pro-Tips for Certain Bases:
Mines (AB): At this base when you put your portal on the flag you can run up to the top of the roof on the mines and still be in range to port but this makes it impossible for a rogue to sap cap or a mage to poly cap. It basically makes it so you don't have to trinket the first CC they do to you.
Stables (AB): At this base you can run behind the actual stables with your port on or next to the flag and be line of sight so the first CC on your when someone goes to ninja cap you shouldn't have to trinket unless it is a 1v2. But if it is a 1v2 you probably will then proceed to follow the steps on the main portion of defending I wrote above.
Blacksmith (AB): At blacksmith you do the same thing as you do at other bases with houses, you put your portal down on the flag, run LoS inside the building but position your camera so you can still see the flag.
Farm (AB): At farm you do the same thing as you do at other bases with houses, you put your portal down on the flag, run LoS inside the building but position your camera so you can still see the flag. Another unique thing about farm is there are little critters at the farm, either chicken or rats depending on what faction you are, a great thing about this is that you can keep Provoking them to keep you in combat to avoid being Sapped.
Lighthouse (B4G): This base you can put your portal on the flag then run inside the building and position yourself so your camera zooms out of the door and you can still see the flag but your character is line of sight inside the building also making yourself in a good spot where they can't capture the flag on the first CC. But if it is a 1v2 you probably will then proceed to follow the steps on the main portion of defending I wrote above.
Waterworks (B4G): Do the same thing you do at Lighthouse but in one of the other two buildings at this base.
WoD WW Changes
Updated as of 4/4/14
1. The first change we see is the energy removal of Transfer, this is very minor and will barely impact PvP.
2. The second change we see is that they remove Storm, Earth, and Fire off the GCD and reducing the energy cost. This is a great change because of how much of a hassle it is to keep your clone up on another target if you are trying to cleave them down. Since it is off the GCD you could macro it into your other abilities so you won't have to apply it yourself, it would look something like this,
/cast [@focus] !Storm, Earth, and Fire
I haven't tested this but if I am thinking correctly the "!" should keep that macro from removing the clone off your focus and if it were to die it would instantly reapply. Also, you wouldn't have to manually apply it you would just continue to do damage to your main target and the clone would go on your focus. This is an interesting change and I'm curious to see how it will pan out.
3. This won't affect PvP
4. As you probably know, when you hit 2 target with fists of fury the damage is split between the two, with this change it will still act as if you are only hitting your target but will continue to deal split damage to whatever else is in, this is actually a great change just because of how much damage fists of fury can do to one target. For the entire expansion I've had to deal with hunter pets, lock pets, totem pets, or players getting away of my damage. But no more! I look forward to this change.
1. The first change we see is that they have made disable only available to Windwalkers. Believe it or not this is a buff to us because chances are we're not playing with Mistweaver monks who will lose this ability, and if we're not playing with them we're facing them which means they will no longer be able to root us.
2. The second change is a minor nerf to Windwalkers. Orb was a pretty useful tool they gave us, it wasn't huge in 3v3 but allowed us to run behind a pillar and heal ourselves pretty nicely while still moving. And if you are into dueling it will be a lot harder to win duels without orbs.
3. This change is trying to make up for the loss of healing sphere. If they make it instant it will be really nice but I'm assuming they'll make it around a 1.5s cast time, which isn't the worst thing in the world but I'd still prefer spheres. But it is better than nothing, not to mention it has a 10 less energy cost and will be easier to heal teammates, chances are it will be better than spheres but not as fun.
1. The only change we see here is that we get .5s off our GCD. This is actually huge, it means we will be able to use a lot more globals faster, it's almost as if we have a permanent Bloodlust. I'm going to be very surprised if this makes it to live, but for the time being it would be very cool (by cool I mean overpowered) to be able to use globals 33% faster.
1. Our first talent for WoD is Hurricane Strike, I assume it will be changed a lot from now to the release but as of its state right now it has potential. About a week ago I believe it was 0 chi cost and the immunities lasted 3 seconds instead of 2 and it would have been the ideal choice. But, now that it has a chi cost (3 for that matter) it probably isn't the best pick unless that X damage is significant.
2. Our second talent is just a use X chi for X effect and isn't as useful as the other two will probably be.
3. Our third talent looks really powerful. If these two talents remain this way I will probably use Serenity because of being able to dump Blackout Kicks, Rising Sun Kicks, and Fists of Fury without having to Jab with let's say a 10 stack up will be incredible damage. They are basically giving us that major offensive cooldown we have never had.
I'll try to update the changes as Warlords gets nearer and nearer. Let me know how you think these changes will impact Windwalkers if notice anything I'm missing.
Another thing that I haven't seen anyone mention are the perks that each spec get in Warlords, these have gone under the radar changes that are actually pretty cool.
Enhanced Roll: Your Roll goes 25% faster
- This change is actually so nice, there have been times where I have rolled to get in range to Zen Meditation some spell but can't because I am still rolling, or even if I am kiting something and I roll to stay alive then get hit hard and need to karma but I can't because I'm in a roll. This change will make these things happen less often which is so nice.
- This change I wish they had put in a long time ago, there have been so many times where I go to port a charge stun, deep freeze, or stun from a rogue only to be stopped because of that .5 second cast. Now we can use it instantly and it will make life so much easier.
- I'm not even going to mention these because I have no idea what damage is like in Warlords so nothing I can say will mean anything.
- More damage.
- Small change but helpful nonetheless.
- This means we will do more damage in a faster timespan with these two abilities, really nice for getting burst in.
Also, the removal of Disarms will hurt monks more than other classes I think because ours is so good. That 40 yard range disarm was really incredible and I'm going to miss it, the benefit though is that we get 2 free keybinds and no longer need a weapon chain. Win, Lose.
Posted CreepStatus on 22 March 2014 - 02:54 PM
it was for a fitness store... and they did a 2 manager vs me interview with questions like "have you ever had a traffic parking or speeding ticket"
got offered the job after and said no lol
i remembert wen i applied to play with u
Posted Nixonxx on 21 March 2014 - 09:16 PM
Ald Tichondrius 196 60 2662
2 Verdantstorm Tichondrius 130 39 2661
3 Smexxin Tichondrius 136 45 2648
4 Weabooslayer Tichondrius 133 44 2645
5 Dampener Blackrock 135 32 2632
6 Novoz Tichondrius 111 39 2624
7 Snutztwo Tichondrius 115 28 2616
8 Dotatko Tichondrius 148 49 2616
9 Xary Tichondrius 76 26 2612
10 kaskå Tichondrius 66 21 2610
11 Alizeemdr Tichondrius 109 24 2609
12 Starship Mal'Ganis 74 28 2608
13 Dannycarey Tichondrius 72 31 2603
14 Elitexd Tichondrius 127 39 2601
15 Zunniyaki Mal'Ganis 71 28 2600
16 Khryl Tichondrius 140 69 2592
17 Weax Kel'Thuzad 181 139 2592
18 Bobô Kel'Thuzad 118 83 2588
19 Venruki Tichondrius 179 67 2568
20 Skimboard Tichondrius 30 8 2567
21 Revolutio Mal'Ganis 30 8 2567
22 Hamshamx Tichondrius 174 84 2567
23 Sodah Tichondrius 105 39 2566
24 Eliteqt Area 52 70 20 2565
25 Dhorothy Tichondrius 112 47 2565
26 Màldiva Tichondrius 67 24 2563
27 Jahmilli Blackrock 100 44 2561
28 Thugonomicz Tichondrius 93 29 2560
29 Metaphorz Tichondrius 81 38 2558
30 Mitchjones Tichondrius 109 29 2545
31 Chanimals Tichondrius 50 1 2541
32 Fourfivesîx Blackrock 268 130 2539
33 Blastabadar Tichondrius 49 1 2538
34 Mt Tichondrius 39 12 2525
35 Zmonster Illidan 116 75 2525
36 Hydera Illidan 186 132 2525
37 Suchii Illidan 84 47 2523
38 Taylorswift Tichondrius 115 42 2520
39 Wealthymanx Tichondrius 59 36 2519
40 Pentaðôÿã Illidan 131 73 2518
41 Adamjonesx Tichondrius 86 26 2516
42 Kaska Sargeras 80 34 2515
43 Hexadôÿã Illidan 62 32 2511
44 Grimdotter Frostmourne 54 13 2508
45 Silncieux Illidan 90 49 2507
46 Burb Blackrock 49 19 2506
47 Maorimoron Frostmourne 116 54 2503
48 Twochaìnz Illidan 107 65 2503
49 Pwhx Kel'Thuzad 79 10 2502
50 Angiexo Tichondrius 72 38 2502
51 Murkmindz Nemesis 117 75 2502
52 Shapezxo Mal'Ganis 73 37 2500
53 Iconicus Tichondrius 156 81 2500
54 Snutzsham Kel'Thuzad 72 10 2499
55 Doomsen Kel'Thuzad 74 11 2494
56 Xaryu Tichondrius 52 12 2494
57 Yoske Tichondrius 245 153 2493
58 Rhee Tichondrius 226 165 2491
59 Deprivemdr Tichondrius 170 95 2479
60 Wolterbarey Turalyon 63 30 2478
61 Rawdogprince Blackrock 50 18 2477
62 Shamguard Tichondrius 116 60 2470
63 Alyv Illidan 145 81 2468
64 Baabaaqanush Blackrock 66 30 2463
65 Tonyjr Tichondrius 143 94 2461
66 Dhorothy Kel'Thuzad 136 95 2460
67 Balance Rexxar 174 67 2454
68 Thelf Blackrock 42 18 2454
69 Farmér Illidan 79 44 2454
70 Joru Mal'Ganis 250 195 2448
71 Metaphors Arthas 157 99 2446
72 Nahj Blackrock 67 53 2446
73 Verinaughty Tichondrius 67 23 2440
74 Revotwo Malfurion 148 95 2439
75 Shiftyzx Tichondrius 123 90 2437
76 Shifting Stormrage 31 16 2436
77 Takenotezz Tichondrius 58 12 2434
78 Renewalsx Tichondrius 67 40 2432
79 Thinkchair Tichondrius 150 63 2431
80 Nadagastt Tichondrius 110 52 2429
81 Dwaynewave Area 52 141 105 2429
82 Tosan Tichondrius 48 28 2427
83 Tremorszz Arthas 62 38 2427
84 Trauma Tichondrius 33 11 2426
85 Doomsen Blackrock 88 36 2424
86 Dyllbar Tichondrius 176 126 2424
87 Fuzionn Tichondrius 482 382 2424
88 Murkmíndz Nemesis 30 13 2423
89 Businessmanx Tichondrius 66 35 2423
90 Barry Illidan 54 29 2420
91 Tony Tichondrius 328 225 2420
92 Pannasaurus Blackrock 167 92 2419
93 Smoxxin Tichondrius 44 15 2418
94 Simplist Tichondrius 95 68 2417
95 Shapezx Mal'Ganis 54 29 2416
96 Xandek Tichondrius 41 25 2416
97 Wizkx Tichondrius 287 144 2415
98 Ladoux Mal'Ganis 66 42 2413
99 Smexual Tichondrius 68 43 2412
100 Sooners Sargeras 57 28 2411
Wat I don't get
Btw nice beastcleave game with Robert
Posted Selicia on 21 March 2014 - 02:36 AM
Titles & Prestige
- Gladiator seasons 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, and 14.
- Rank One season 4.
Posted CreepStatus on 17 March 2014 - 10:30 PM
Posted deprivelol on 17 March 2014 - 10:18 PM
Posted Marshmellow on 17 March 2014 - 07:04 PM
Also my foreskin looks like the tip of a sports water bottle when it is opened up