- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Shadowpower
ShadowpowerMember Since 23 Oct 2010
Offline Last Active Apr 13 2014 07:16 PM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 27
- Profile Views 1020
- Member Title Member
- Age 22 years old
- Birthday July 31, 1991
Shadowpower hasn't added any friends yet.
Posted Evilcow on 31 March 2014 - 11:26 AM
/run LoadAddOn("Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames") CRFSort_Group=function(t1, t2) if UnitIsUnit(t1,"player") then return false elseif UnitIsUnit(t2,"player") then return true else return t1 < t2 end end CompactRaidFrameContainer.flowSortFunc=CRFSort_Group
(taken from Cdew's macros)
Posted Regent on 31 March 2014 - 03:34 AM
Stuff like this is why no one wants to have WoW tournaments, or they are all boring.
I am higher rating on my alt playing lsd variant and afking the entire time and then destroying enemy team after 15 minutes, and I hate it.
Posted Toitles on 31 March 2014 - 05:52 AM
Doing that to me will win you 100% of every 2s game tho cuz I will definitely leave vs anyone who does that, ain't nobody got time for that.
Posted Snuggli on 26 March 2014 - 01:42 AM
Rated BGs having insanely higher cap than arena, yet even more imbalanced than arena (63 votes [8.38%])
@QtPawzz There are few things in the game as complicated as rating and conquest cap calculations. Should be simpler
Temor totem + totem reset (55 votes [7.31%])
Posted Aces on 21 March 2014 - 02:17 AM
Posted Regent on 19 March 2014 - 09:45 PM
Its funny though, I was like 1300 last season but now me and my ele sham and afflic lock buddies are all rank 1! I guess hard work does pay off.
Posted Capstone on 17 March 2014 - 07:15 PM
1. is the lack of competitive atmosphere in blizzcon, the only LAN event in WoW left, due to disinterest or incompetence? the last tournament was held without regionals and was held in a patch other than the one the teams qualified in, where the best NA team that came out a. didn't have to run the gauntlet of other NA teams in an invitational and b. won the lottery of the team that transferred over to the next patch so much so that they didn't drop a single map to any other team. the tournament before that was held with teams that did not qualify in the same expansion that they played in. this means that everyone was playing a game in its most primitive, poorly balanced state possible, and the competition was based on which classes were good in the madness that was 5.0, despite qualifying in another expansion
2. blizzard put new arenas in this expansion, which was good. stairs were added to blade's edge and dalaran. these are things that the pvp community has by and large requested for a long time. can we expect to see more new arenas? an arena veto system (which is already implemented for battlegrounds)? how much time, relative to creating an environment as massive as, say, ulduar (tuning all new bosses, vehicles, item stats, models of new items and bosses, etc) does it take to create an arena (room with 2-4 pillars)?
3. there are always balance whines about what's overpowered and what's not, which class is easy and which isn't, etc., and i usually hate them - previously, classes have had marginally different difficulties and pretty standard viability. this is not the case in mists of pandaria. many players who play the game for arena are picking up specific classes (i am looking at you, hunter and elemental shaman) specifically for use in arena and ease to learn and having immediate success comparable to or better than classes they have played for several years. these classes are undeniably simplistic relative to others and disproportionately effective at what they do for the amount of effort required to pick them up. i wrote a post here about my immediate transition to and success with hunter, in which i received 2400 rating on the first day of arena, and 2500 in under 100 games. i believe veev chronicled a similar success story in season 13 live on twitch.tv. my question is this: is this by design? are these classes designed like this so that anyone can have success in arena, or is it just a massive oversight that the amount of work required to be passable as one of these classes is so low relative to others (this is truly, in my mind, a problem that did not exist in previous expansions)?
4. it seems like the number of titles rewarded relative to the playerbase has increased based on the way that eligible players are calculated in the new ladder system. is this intentional? if not, is the criteria for rank 1 and gladiator titles going to change?
5. it's my understanding that MLG is open to possibly bringing WoW back into the circuit for a season. i know one of the biggest obstacles with SC2, a well established blizzard game with a lot of history that struggled to stay in MLG was obtaining blizzard's license (the tournament host cannot do many things without first obtaining a license to host the tournament from blizzard). at some point, MLG dropped SC2 temporarily and cited the license as one of the reasons. first, is WoW subject to the same licensing agreement? second, if we're talking about revitalizing the tournament scene, would blizzard be open to letting a large tournament structure like MLG host WoW without obstacles to give it at least one shot at revival?
6. is the idea of TotG totally scrapped? is there any hope of getting any in-game tournament system in WoD (warcraft 3 had one on battlenet 10 years ago)? if it is scrapped, what about the other titles and rewards that were going to come with TotG to create an incentive to play arena?
7. why do rated battlegrounds offer a higher cap than arena? do people interested in rbgs inherently deserve more points every week? if the idea is to promote people playing both, why not balance the cap so that your total cap is based on both your combined arena AND rated battleground rating?
8. gladiator mounts used to reward the character with 310% riding skill, and they don't anymore. if i get gladiator on my alt, i can't even ride the mount unless i buy 280%, and even then i don't get bumped to 310%. is this intentional? if so, what made blizzard change their decision?
9. is the 8 second dispel mechanic staying?
Posted Regent on 12 March 2014 - 07:50 PM
Problem: High rated WoW players are frustrated with imbalances in gameplay, but tend to complain aimlessly instead of working together to provide a strong argument. Blizzard doesn't have a good pipeline through which to communicate with the experienced arena community. While Holinka does have an active twitter, the platform is severely limited in length and can be confusing to use.
Proposal: Every week, starting on monday, a thread will be put up where players can go and post questions or points of discussion. On Wednesday, the top posts from that thread will be put into a new thread with a poll. The AJ community will then vote the top 5 questions/discussion points.
We approach holinka (some mods here know his personal contact info possibly?) and ask for him to commit to answering the 5 questions every week sometime between friday and sunday. Once he answers, the Q&A will be posted to the news feed on the front page of AJ. Then on monday the process starts over.
The Goal: To generate better discussion of the game, while limiting ourselves to the things we find most pressing. To better the relationship between players and developer(s). Reduce the general complaining seen on Arena Junkies (we are all guilty of this.) Five questions a week is not a large commitment, but would be very helpful in increasing the dialogue.
If anyone has suggestions on how to improve the idea, let me know!
Posted Pawzz on 17 March 2014 - 08:43 AM
Might make is easier to approach the devs.
Posted Brandnewftwarmorforsleep on 17 March 2014 - 02:59 AM
That may be a small part of the problem, when in reality, what I'd really like to have taken out without be the overabundance of small interrupts. Things like Ghoul Gnaw, Paralytic stun, and other stuns from classes that already predominantly have them can be a great tool in min/maxing your effectiveness in an area game, but right now they're used as the '3rd or 4th' way to stop a shaman casting while cleaving them down.
The last thing I'll say needs to be changed is the whole 'hybrid' mana situation. Hybrid healing has been bought up by some other posters here, and while their healing can be a great and necessary tool to their survival and uniqueness, the only spec that gets ruined by the prospect of mana are Spriests. Would be great to have to see hybrids use their healing effectively, instead of seeing Eles casting Healing Surge the second trap lands and their partner is at 85% health with full hots already.
I think a lot of the frustration about the state of the game stems from the ability of some classes being able to single-handedly create a 3 v. 1 scenario, while others have ways to make it so v.s. most classes it's impossible to create such a scenario by making use of extremely easy and abundant mechanics (Tremor totem, excess trinkets, etc). I know that's why I hate fighting almost every LSD.
Posted Aces on 17 March 2014 - 01:21 AM
Posted sarma on 16 March 2014 - 10:36 PM
1 . casters should cast again , instant casts should be rare
- they said it will be fixed in wod
2. castable CC spells should not be affected by haste or cast slow debuffs
- we are speaking about 15+% difference between starting and last season in xpac. Latency etc also has great impact here not everyone can play on 10ms. Way it is now it just promotes people to use interupt bots etc since 0.5 sec cast clones are impossible to kick with 50 latency. Kicking should be a mind game not way it is now either you prekick or you get a clone in your face with a kick on cd
Im pretty sure every caster can get 30% passive haste from gems and gear on end of xpac. Why should a fear poly or clone be 30% easier to get off on end of xpac then it is on start of it?
3. cast slow debuffs should be reduced to 10% in pvp or removed from game
- this went through already on live
4. all crits should be reduced to 150% of normal dmg in pvp
- they also implemented this in wod
5. Offensive cd stacking should no longer exist because all specs shoul have 1 offensive cd on 1-3 mins
We all seen how bad cd stacking was in mop. Doubt anyone will disagree on this one
6. Removed should remove blankets
- Already done for mop
7. Fear and poly should share same dr
-Some people would disagree on this one but way it is now its impossible to keep a fluent game with 8sec dispell. They can either put those spammable cc on same dr or add CD on them which is more likely.Either way i think this is going to be fixed somehow
8. Armor penetration should be removed from pvp or greatly nerfed
Example : sub dmg is really bad with no restealths and insanly good with openers. If openers can be countered rogue dps is laughable. This just provides frustration both for rogues and their enemies. If arpen is up to stay in pvp it should be no more then 30% for any class that use it. Compensate dmg elsewhere
9. Melle specials should no longer do 400% more then autoattacks do
-400% + dmg obliterate for example? You cant predict when its going to happen twice or 3 times in a row resulting in a 3 gcd death
10. Necrotic strike healing debuff should be based on weapon dmg not ap procs
I had said this million times so far. NS should no longer be based on attack power because it scales much better for unholy then for frost.Also with abusing of tailoring+orc racial+engineer gloves + trinket on proc it could skyrocket in s12 for example more then doubling the absorb of a normal ns.
11. frost strike , envenom , chimera shot and all hunters/melle dmg abilities that do non-physical dmg shold get scourge strike treatment
-Armor should matter in pvp. Nowdays it doesnt mean anything because of how those attacks i mentioned work.
12. mages,locks got some additional dmg reduction from ranged physical attacks
- I dont belive there is anyone here that thinks that hunters dmg on mages is fine.
13. They should reduced number of stuns each class have (example : shockwave and stormbolt in same tier)
14. They should reduce number of defensive cds for dps specs
-With removal of cd stacking defensive cds should chill as well. There is no reasoning behind resto druids have 8 major defensive cds they can rotate infinately. That is just an example
15. They should reduced healing of hybrid classes can do and they actually got some utility spells instead
Healing on hybrids is really bad thing. Either its too strong and promotes turtling or its too weak making those specs broken and weak.
Giving them more utility spells and limiting heals to minimum is a fair tradeoff i belive.
Example if a ret pally can do 1 instant flash every 30 seconds but that heal is like 20-30% of someone's hp thats ok.But then give them something else. Hand spells can actually harm instead of help etc.
I think that they can do this and keep niche of a certain spec but limmit it to couple 20-30 sec offheals. Please do not get me wrong! Im not saying that every hybrid spec should be the same or every ret should become arms war with 1 heal they can use every 30 sec on teammates.Im just saying that defensive healing hybrid with burst was proven to be bad. Its either op or really really weak.
16.They should reduced number of instant cc spells or put them on a very long cd.
They already making this happen
17.They should reduced frequency of instant heals , smartheals and their efficiency in pvp
This is also being done as i read.
18.They should reduce almost all self-freedom or snare removing mechanics undispelable snares should matter way more in pvp (chains of ice,hamstring,piercing howl,concussive shot)
This is crucial part. With dispell being 8 sec cd roots and magic slows are almost impossible to dispell.Magic slow should never be stronger then a non magic one. IT use to be that since day 1 of world of warcraft. Now magic slows are much better due to dispell change
Undispelable snares should matter way more then they are now.
19. They have to reduce number of all mini trinkets in game
CC is taking a big hit. Breaks have to do it as well.There is no need to have multiple trinkets if cc is reduced they way it is going to be
20. They should remove all double gap closer/excape spells
If they fix mobility and undispellable snares there is no reasoning to have multiple gapclosing or gapmaking spells. Melee will have uptime with only 1 gap closer and casters can kite with just 1 gap maker.
21. Agility and str should no longer provide parry/dodge for non tank specs. ****
This is crucial as well. Not a single melee is having fun hitting someone that has 20-50% passive parry or dodge on end of xpac.Its too much rng and with expertise being removed i dont see reasoning for this to stay. Mitigation is tank thing not dps thing. Evasion and other things are cds. Those should matter but passive mitigation should take a hit
22. Getting polyd with pummel on cd and spellreflect should not happen anymore
This is lattency issue but with longer casts and haste not affecting cc spells it should happen very very rare.
23. shapeshifts should no longer remove snare effects and provide immunity against polymorph effects, resto druids can rootbreak but not snarebreak
Once again snares should be more important in pvp.Giving someone 30 sec minifreedom is ok even to every healer spec but total immunity or no cd removal of snares is just bad game mechanic in my oppinion.
24. Hunters cc is completly reworked they cant keep healer in cc 50% of arena game anymore
This is already being done but Im not quite happy how it looks for now as well
25. Tremor totem - See removal of minitrinkets tremor is one of them that needs to go or have a 3+ min cd
Ill also add a lis of spells and abilities that in my oppinion need a overhaul
If they need some sort of stun protection they can give 10-30% reduced dmg in stuns.Or shorter stuns or anything. Compensate on any possible way but total 2.5 sec immunity on 10 sec cd is just too much. This means you cant put a hamstring after charge etc.
-void tendrils not having a dmg treshold is really bad , If they want to make them undispellable but killable its fine but not having dmg treshold is just bad
-psyfiend is another one which should take a hit. Either its too op or just too bad like now anyone can 1 shot it by just an autoattack or whatever
-feathers and body and soul should be reworked .Too easy to get fears
-spectral guise should have much longer cd but they should compensate and make it a 2 min oh shit button for a priest.Means removes slows dots etc and you vanish for 6 sec reposition even get a winning fear with it but if you use it bad you will be penalised
-symbiosis should be banned from arena
-sotf should no longer increases cast time of cc spells , already explained this before
-heart of the wild should have 15 sec duration or no longer work in arena
-ring of frost should have a longer cd and they can compensate on it making it bigger or even changing its radius every sec meaning you can easier get people or use it to reposition teams
-frozen orb generating procs should be looked at
-demonic gate should get nerfed even more or removed completly from arena
-subterfuge is already fixed for wod no remarks on it
-disorienting roar should be looked at
-double time should be looked at they alredy stated that warbringer will be mandatory
-msr should replace sr - think this is already done
-disrupting shout should replace pummel - think this one is already done as well
-safeguard should no longer break roots - alot of cc breaks should go this is one of them
-monk glove bonus should be removed - snares should matter
-double grip bonus should be removed- Retarded mechanic i doubt anyone will disagree on this one
-sparring and glyph of sparring should be removed- Rng and it provides frustrations for both monks and melle hitting them
-tigereye brew should be looked at
-stampede , wild imps and forest of totems should no longer be usable in arena and you can actually see something around you once they are up
This is just a annoying mechanic. Makes you lag and you cant see clearly whats happening with 10 pets on you.They also do 25% dmg in arenas why allow them anyways then?
-double freedom,sac,bop should go as well - see too much defensive cds
P.S if can someone can edit this for typos it would be great since my english is really bad . Thanks
Posted Regent on 16 March 2014 - 08:29 PM
Hello, and welcome to the first trial run of "An Arena Junkies Cooperative Initiative" (also known as AAJCI) outlined here:
This is a serious thread where we post concerns about the current state of the game, and suggestions for the future.
To participate, simply post your argument in this thread (hopefully backed by statistics or strong logic). You are allowed to offer additions or discuss ideas posted, but they must be well thought and more than one line.
This thread will be heavily moderated, and will be locked midweek in preparation for the voting thread. Feel free to go through the thread and rep any posts you agree with, as it will factor into them being chosen to be voted on.
This is a really good opportunity to get our concerns voiced, so lets try to keep it civil.
Posted Zaephyr on 19 February 2014 - 12:49 AM
Posted Slavens on 06 March 2014 - 08:42 PM