- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Abidalzim
AbidalzimMember Since 27 Mar 2010
Offline Last Active Jul 19 2015 01:35 AM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 517
- Profile Views 4910
- Member Title Member
- Age 28 years old
- Birthday August 21, 1986
Posted Thaya on 16 May 2015 - 04:37 AM
1. game hackers vs game developers is a game of cat and mouse. there's an infinite amount of ways to detect an injection even just within the client, let alone with a tool like warden. the most important thing about warden isn't in its code - it's in the license agreement that comes with it, which makes literally every single form of cheat detectable in theory (and within law). it's very well possible that every single account that ran hb is flagged in some way, we just don't know about it because anti-cheat bypassing is purely reactive - a bypass is done only when accounts start to drop. there's a reason none of these programs claim to be 'completely safe', it's simply impossible. the reason there are online logins in the first place is to prevent people from running it on patch days or anti-cheat updates, the monetary element came in later. it's also the reason bans are done in waves. you'll understand exactly whats going on if you read up on how VAC/VAC2 works - just that blizzard isn't as active at banning flagged accounts as valve is.
2. hb banwaves happened literally ALL THE TIME throughout these years. you just don't know (or don't care) about them for two reasons: they were targeting the gold selling business, and these banwaves became more or less a normal part of running business. when someone who runs a gold farming joint loses 100 accounts or whatever, he simply buys 100 new accounts right away. that's basically the only cost of running said business anyway - the only other one is buying the hardware required to run so many bots, which is a one time investment. the shit is so profitable that losing 100 accounts is basically nothing, so nobody cares and blizzard gets easy money while doing damage control. this is all on the surface, you just have to lurk your forums more to know about this. i'm not some behind the scenes insider sharing secrets or anything.
3. cheating/hacking enthusiasts will always exist because reverse engineering/hacking things is just fun as fuck for us geeks, and various shady black market shit will exist as long as there is demand for them as well. these are a given. however, "normal" players using something like this and on such a scale is a completely different phenomenon, especially within a mmorpg. what makes it different compared to other online games is that the intent of aimbotting/maphacking/scripting/etc is clear - to win. in wow, most people botted for gold (for themselves), to level new chars, or to perform rotations for them (in pve, good ol' pqr). none of these are directly malicious or toxic, and if you've ever wondered why they let the whole hb thing run in the masses for so long, then this is your answer - it simply didn't do that much damage where it matters, however it was a wonderful opportunity for them to analyze and study the "problem areas" of their game. imagine you're a dev and a very significant part of your playerbase is literally ready to pay for a 3rd party tool to work around your shitty designs? yeah, quite fucking interesting isn't it.
diablo 3 is an example of a game that learned from the way people cheated in it, and as a result we have an "action RPG" game with LITERALLY zero player to player trading possible - something most of the community wouldn't even believe in at all a few years ago, considering that d2jsp was basically a core element of what diablo 2 online was in its prime (let alone the maphacking). people cheered when the D3 AH was announced, remember? "its d2jsp in-game, this is fucking great!" what a disaster did that shit turn out to be. yet, this new tradeless approach actually improved the game (and the genre) tenfold, as well as basically eliminated botting cuz why the fuck would anyone bot. some posts here already implied that 'the game oddly feels more fun now' - it's for a reason. you guys realize they revamped the entire way gold is earned (you basically never benefit from straight up farming anymore, its just garrison mat shuffling and professions) and revamped the entire leveling heirloom system, right? they didn't do it for you to keep fucking botting, you know. the devs want you to experience their game.
4. whats happening now is simply their way of saying "we feel like you should stop using 3rd party tools as we've worked hard on the core problems". in fact, they have said exactly this a little while ago - what was it, like, 2 months since there was a GIGANTIC blue post about botting and cheating? it was literally a 6-7 paragraph wall of text, and we even had a thread about it here on AJ. if that's not a decent verbal warning and a HUGE FUCKING HINT, then what is? honestly, it's funny how i skimmed thru most of this thread and haven't seen a mention of that blue post. people obviously refused to understand words, so devs had to take action. the only way for them to scare the average "normal player hb user" away from hb is to give hb a reputation of something that can realistically get you permabanned - and this is exactly what they did. people will now think twice about it - did you see all those "wts hb lifetime license" threads on trade forums? they're selling them for 1/10th of the price, its funny as fuck. all of you who are banned are just collateral damage and you all have been verbally warned forefront, that's what makes it so hilarious to gloat at your misfortune.
the bans being 6 months rather than permanent is just blizzard being soft and kind enough to forgive your stupidity, it's really nothing to do with subscription numbers or money because 6 months time is at least 2 earning calls - they obviously don't mind your shit being banned going into their public stats. they just didn't want to permaban actual players' mains, but make hb really scary to use at the same time. words and 72h bans apparently didn't work (72h's were fairly common if you check forums), so here we are... 6 months is a long time, but isn't forever. also, it wouldn't surprise me if every single banned account had hb used on it at least once AFTER that blue post, and those who dodged the banwave are people who just didn't bot in several months. from what i know from the people i talked to about this, it seems to be precisely the case. so, if you bumped into that big blue post (it was even mmo-c frontpage in a separate newspost) but consciously decided to ignore it, then you really have only yourself to blame.
5. pvp is the last thing they care about, but they do care about it still. cheaters (that used it in arena) being directly hit by this is obviously good, but this might have some more positive side effects like there being less fotm shit, just because you can't grow fotm shit while afk anymore (newsflash: you were never supposed to be able to). perhaps they will rethink the mistakes they did in random battleground design that eventually made them android wars. speaking of random battlegrounds, i've seen several people on trade chat being all like "bgs are 10 times more fun now" - that's interest to pvp right there. pvp is obviously not that high of a priority in their dev process, but you might see an improvement here because the entry-level pvp isn't completely fucking broken anymore.
6. not everyone that smoked weed has done meth, but everyone that done meth has smoked weed. can't believe how basic logic is so very tough to grasp for some of you
hope this helps
enjoy leveling with new heirlooms
or your new account lol
Posted ROKMODE on 27 April 2015 - 12:38 AM
and that's the hard truth
Posted Hackattack3 on 04 April 2015 - 09:26 PM
Posted Stako on 04 March 2015 - 10:15 PM
trinket = CreateFrame("Cooldown", arenaFrame.."Trinket", ArenaEnemyFrames)with
trinket = CreateFrame("Cooldown", arenaFrame.."Trinket", ArenaEnemyFrames, "CooldownFrameTemplate")
May need to add trinket:ClearAllPoints() under that, too.
Posted Sosseri on 29 January 2015 - 10:51 AM
For some reason I miss the old version of ring of valor, that map was so bad it crossed the line twice, which made it hilarious again. They could just delete tolviron instead, horrible map.
that's how i feel too man.. I just want hunters gone from the game, they're so cancerous, their mechanics do not make any sense, how much shit they have, it's like there's 2 classes in 1, fucking cancerous class, would like to see a revamp to the class..
Either choose between a fucking slow or mobility, or just totally remove frozen amo, hunters having passive healing is just bad design. Whole hunter class is ruined, i can't compare a 2k hunter to a rank 1, i literally see no difference in them, pathetic class ........
Posted flannelsoff on 28 December 2014 - 03:37 AM
Im just saying I can gaurebtee you if some random person made that exact post there would be no backlash.
So go ahead, explain how its so bad. Oh and "least insightful post of 2014" is the most silly comment Ive ever heard, Im sorry I didnt like inspire you? See right there, you have some wild expectation from me or rather are ready to make a comment. Its my opinion, if its not insightful to you Im sorry, Im not asking for your fucking approval LOL.
Edit: oh look first post from me here has 14 rep its almost as if there is nothing wrong with the post itself hmm funny how that works. You just got proven wrong.
Posted BluBlu on 19 December 2014 - 02:36 PM
Posted brbweed on 15 June 2014 - 09:43 AM
if people there honestly believe the best way to get ahead in life is to cheat in a computer game lol^^
One generation of greeks before you guys thought it was good idea to cheat in a banking sector
and forge wealth out of nothing.
Have a good one lads.
Posted Ayrasaurus on 15 June 2014 - 08:27 AM
I never said it's bad that blizzard is taking action against boosters, i'm just trying to justify some ppl for doing so.
HAHAAHHAAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAHA OH GOD REALLY?
Dude it's like trying to persuade my chav/poor cousins and family to go to Uni or even get a trade based career and improve their standard of living.
Fucking hell you're stupid. Sure there are more rungs on the ladder for you but implying it's impossible to become a success because you was born in a 2nd world country is bullshit.
Then again the fact you replace you with u kind of sums up what sort of person you are. Enjoy poverty and laziness idiot.
Learn to network. Even if you work in a fucking restaurant your opportunities to network, create connections, and rub shoulders with those you aspire to be are endless.
"B-but it takes hard work"
No one is going to give you anything for free faggot. Save up two-three grand and move to a country like England. Heck you'll live like shit for awhile (implying you don't already) but you can get an almost free degree after a few years and there are plenty of jobs here if you're willing to graft for your money.
One more point before i go play squash lads :3
There are no jobs because you don't know shit. You have nothing to offer :/ Bring something to the table, teach yourself how to code, learn how to fix an engine/build/electrics. I honestly feel like the vast majority of the issues for people isn't even the fact it's tough out there to find work. In my humble opinion i believe it's that there is a blanket covering them which is telling them they can not go out there and learn/succeed. I've seen it myself where a portion of my family are what you'd class as "Lower class scum" and no matter what you tell them they will never believe they are worth shit or can accomplish anything regardless of certain individuals managing to succeed in the exact same situation as them.
Posted Poseyx on 01 August 2013 - 07:55 PM
1) The clone change is a nerf for shitters and a buff for good feral.
2) Feral damage scales stupidly well. They can outdps dks on the PTR. Hello 70k rip ticks in dstance
3) Hunters do more damage and have almost the same cc as they do on live because they can pick serpent sting. On top of that they got a baseline interrupt
Both hunters and ferals feel equally retarded on the PTR as they do on live. So no, they don't feel nerfed at all.
All of you should stop commenting on the notes before you actually read ALL of them and digest them fully or before you actually roll a char on the PTR and see how it feels.
Posted Gekz on 31 July 2013 - 03:50 AM
Posted brosearch on 30 November 2011 - 02:57 AM
Not to mention the fact that since these epic gems are apparently pretty rare, no PVE'er is going to put them on PVP gear. Granted there might be the odd PVPer who feels the need to raid just for the gems; if you feel you need them to be competitive in PVP then I really just feel sorry for you.
Look, I'm with you on the fact that Blizzard neglects the PVP aspect of the game, and yes, it is annoying -- but come on. Epic gems, really? There have been far worse things.
i know you mean warlocks.
Posted Pixol on 24 July 2011 - 01:42 PM
Posted Treller on 07 July 2011 - 01:08 PM
Felt good. That was with BoM, MotW, battle shout, agi on use from the 384 pvp trinket on a naked priest.
Posted Darckli on 26 June 2011 - 10:09 PM
It's unlikely they get everyone, but it's nice to see action taken. Now about the MMR exploiters...