The Battle.net Mobile Authenticator app has recently been updated for both iOS and Android, and it’s been rebuilt from the ground up to make it faster, more efficient, and easier to use. You’ll also notice some extra shine and polish, including a brand-new design that displays a new piece of art from one of Blizzard’s games every time you load a code.
Players using the iOS version will also now be able to use iCloud to make it easier than ever to back up and restore your Authenticator, streamlining the setup process whenever you need to recover or switch to a new device.
Don’t have an Authenticator on your account? Download the free Battle.net Mobile Authenticator application for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and Windows devices here, or purchase a physical Battle.net Authenticator from the online Blizzard Gear Store. Visit the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator FAQ for more information, or head to the setup page to get started after you've downloaded the application.
Holinka talked about Legion and Warlords PvP on the arena steam today.
There won't be gear with Resilience, PvP Power, dual item levels, or gear specifically made for PvP.
The team doesn't want people to feel that they must have PvP gear to participate in PvP.
When you enter a battleground or arena, the game will set your stats from your spec, not your gear. This means all of your stats will come from a template specific to your spec. If one spec isn't doing well in PvP, their spec's template can be tuned individually.
PvP talents plus the spec stat templates will allow the team to tune balance in arenas and battlegrounds much better than they ever have been able to do before.
PvP right now uses gear as a progression system. Once players get their full set of gear, many of them are done.
PvP Talents try to take the place of the progression that came from gear.
Trinkets, set bonuses, and enchants will not be active in PvP.
Right now players stack enchants, set bonuses, and trinkets, lining them all up at once to do a lot of damage. Outside of when all of those are up, players don't feel like they are doing much damage. This should help to make sustained damage a bigger part of PvP.
Once players reach the max PvP level, they can reset it to gain a Prestige level. This gives access to different cosmetic rewards.
When a player reaches PvP level 10 (roughly 20% of the way there), they will have unlocked an option in every row.
The CC break trinket has become very important in PvP, so adding it as a PvP talent will offset the loss of active trinkets. There will be some other options in that row that might be useful, such as reducing CC times by 20%.
The team hasn't decided exactly what they are going to do with the Human racial. They could leave it alone and offer a different talent in that row to Humans. The racial plus the new options could be too good.
As you get better gear, your stats are increased a smaller amount. For example, every 5 item levels may give you a 1% stat increase. This way gear still will increase your power, but it won't give you a huge advantage.
There are plans for players to be able to get great gear from PvP, but it may not be as easy as it is today. It may be easier for high rated players to get better gear than more casual players.
You won't have to raid to get the best gear for PvP.
Spectator mode and the new player run tournaments have been exciting.
The team was happy with how skirmishes worked out. It gave players who didn't have their arena partners online the opportunity to play some arenas, as well as other players that wanted a break from leveling or gearing up.
Battleground strongboxes worked out well. Players were able to get different gear in a more unpredictable way.
The Group Finder was a great addition. It allowed people to find others to play with.
Ashran fell short of where the team and players would have liked to see it go. During the ramp up to Warlords, there were a lot of people excited about a new world PvP zone that had a large area and epic battles.
The team didn't execute on that idea. They have tried to make changes based on player behavior and feedback, making mistakes along the way. They have done things like putting exclusive rewards in Ashran to make them feel special, which resulted in lots of negative feedback.
The current state of Ashran can be fun for people that are interested in that type of experience. The people who don't want to do Ashran don't have to.
They have learned a lot from the experience about rewards and driving players to fight each other. Hopefully next time the team tries something like Ashran they can execute better.
The dual item level system worked, but it was ugly. Players had two item levels on their gear, with their item level increasing suddenly in combat, which means they couldn't see their states. PvE gear also hit the invisible item level ceiling. Players who didn't PvP full time still felt compelled to go and get PvP gear so that they could do PvP. It was a cool system, but it fell short in a lot of ways.
The Next WoW Expansion: Legion and Major PvP Updates
The WoW expansion was released today at Gamescon. The next expansion will be World of Warcraft: Legion!
Here are some major notes that directly affect PvP from Gamescon, make sure to watch the video to catch more details:
New Class: Demon Hunter
- Starts at a High Level (Hero Class)
- Has Havoc (DPS) and Vengeance (Tank) Specialization
- Uses a Fury resource system
- Has an Invisibility detection skill *A new DPS class will effect the meta greatly, especially since Demon Hunter will likely be very popular.
New Honor System for PvP Only
- Will essentially have another Talent System for PvP
- This system will allow PvP only Skills
- This will likely allow more "Knobs" for developers to control for balance that won't affect PvE
- Some example skills show in the video:
- Necrotic Strike (Previous Death Knight ability, absorbs healing)
- Abolish Magic (Dispels all Magic every 2 seconds for 6 seconds)
- Blood and Soul (Bloodlust on a lower cooldown)
- They want gear to play a smaller role in PvP *More "Knobs" sound like an awesome idea. Hopefully this will allow more detailed balance changes for PvP. *Unsure on grinding gear vs grinding talents at the moment. Will have to see what the details are regarding that.
Go4WoW Europe starting in July - €1000 prize money
World of Warcraft 3on3 Arena fans and teams listen up! Go4WoW Europe is starting in July and features a prize pool of up to €1000 per month! We are looking for the best European World of Warcraft 3on3 Arena team out there. Do you think you're up to challenge? Why don't you give it a shot?!
Are you the next up-and-coming European World of Warcraft 3on3 Arena team out there? Or maybe you aren't there just yet? Take part and play against the best 3on3 Arena teams and learn from them every game a lesson until you are the best team out there!
It doesn't matter if you're Alliance, Horde or which European server you're playing on. It's time to gather your team mates and begin your competitive World of Warcraft career on ESL. All you need is some time, Tournament Gear and a strategy to beat all the other teams participating in Go4WoW Europe every Saturday from now on!
What is Go4WoW Europe?
Go4WoW Europe is a weekly 3on3 Arena eSports Tournament Series with a monthly final at the end of the month. Go4WoW Europe will feature a prize pool of up to €1000 for every month, with the winning team of each weekly Go4WoW tournaments taking home €100. The top teams of each weekly tournament will receive Go4WoW Ranking Points, which will earn them a better seed in upcoming Go4WoW Europe Tournaments and a slot in the €500 Go4WoW Europe Monthly Final! The weekly Go4WoW Europe tournaments will take player every Saturday at 16:00 CEST and are to open to all European teams.
Where can we get Tournament Gear?
You can obtain the needed Tournament Gear from Pyxni Pennypocket at the Ring of Trials or Ticket and we'll talk about.
We know there are more Battlegrounds and different Arena sizes and we plan to support them all in the future. We're always open to suggestions, feel free to discuss possible future tournaments, ladders and leagues in the ESL WoW Forum.
The ESL Play World of Warcraft Europe edition is now open. It doesn't matter if you're Alliance, Horde or play on the most desolated European server. It's time to gather your teammates and begin your competitive World of Warcraft career on ESL.
Lok'tar ogar! We are working hard to provide you with exciting tournaments and ladders to kick off the section and we hope you'll enjoy them. Look around and try out playing in a ladder or tournament. Light be with you!
The World of Warcraft tournaments in this section will be played on the European Live Realms with Tournament Gear. This is made possible using the new Wargame Commands recently added by Blizzard. To find out how they work please see the WoW Custom Match FAQ.
Ah that ability pruning question from a priest, just killed all priest hope. Jesus how can you be happy with gutting a class?
As a player I am slightly concerned about the ability pruning as well, hopefully if they plan to do more they will also add skills that adds depth to a class.
The recent tournaments seems to have made an impact in what they think of e-sports and WoW, which is pretty awesome. They were hinting at bigger things coming for WoW Tournaments that they "wish they could share today."
Class Synergy Player Question: Any plans to promote synergies between different classes? It seems like there are a couple synergies define and entire spec’s balance, yet without them there wouldn’t be any viable comps for those classes.
· They believe class synergy and the PvP meta is largely made by the community i.e. Rets with Hunters.
· Different regions show different strong compositions and meta.
· They want to watch out more for when certain synergy is too strong.
Crit Player Question: A lot of specs that rely on crit or Multistrikes are falling behind in PvP. How do you deal with this without breaking PvE?
· They wanted to try to not have the difference between sustained damage and crit damage be too massive.
· Some classes benefited from this more than others.
· They will buff skills that they feel are too weak with the reduced crit and multistrike such as what they have done with Lava Burst.
· They feel the game is better without having the battle be based on the crit lottery.
Nemesis quest Player Question: Have you rethought letting the Nemesis quests work in BG’s or lowering the totals of some races due to the extreme lack of Pandaren and gnomes and some other races still not being represented well?
· The nemesis quest is being talked about.
· They designed it to be a WoD thing that is done out in the world, and they currently want to stick to this. But they will be looking at the requirements for it.
PvP vs PvE Player Question: Why can’t each ability just be split into a PvE and PvP version, to help with many balancing issues?
· They want to add more “knobs” that lets them deal with adjusting skills for pvp without effecting pve. They don't think having a PvE and PvP version of every skill is the correct solution.
· They are talking about other plans for the future to solve this and are excited about it.
CC Player Question: How are CCs balanced with each other? Some have ZERO CD, yet are very powerful, and hard to dispel. Shouldn’t zero CD CCs be easier to dispel by more specs, even DPS, and hard to dispel CCs have longer CDs?
· High level goal with CC effects going into WoD is players want to be playing their characters more.
· They would first want to take more CC out of the game before breaks.
Player Question: Mobility & CC breaks remain very strong, any plans to address in 6.2?
· This would not be a goal for 6.2.
Player Question: Will CC ever be removed or thoroughly rethought for PvP?
· CC is one of the most important parts of the game. They have no plans to remove all CCs from the game.
· There may be too much CC right now however.
· Blizzard is very thankful for all the people hosting tournaments for WoW.
· They want to continue to find ways to help those people hosting tournaments out.
· They have things coming that they wish they could share today.
· They think battlegrounds could be fun to watch too.
Dampening Mechanic Player Question: Are you satisfied with the Dampening mechanic? Having games based around Dampening might hinder class balance.
· They are happy with this mechanic.
· They wanted games to end in a reasonable amount of time, and they are.
· They think that building comps around the dampening mechanic is a strategic option that players can pick if they wish, and have no problems with it.
Alt progression Player Question: Are there any changes to PvP Alt gearing? Farming 27k pts is not fun at all when you already have a full geared char.
· They are happy with where they are going with 6.2 with alt progression in pvp.
· They do want to make sure that you still need to play the alt to gear it up in the end.
· They are still very open to feedback and will take it step by step.
Player Question: Are there any plans to bring back the 27k Conquest Vendor?
· They do not have plans to bring back the 2700 CP vendor. They feel the system did not make a lot of sense for the average player.
Ilvl in PvP Player Question: Will we see WoW PvP offer normalized ilvl gametypes or simply reduced emphasis on ilvl increases to make it easier to get into?
· They hear the request to keep everyone at the same ilvl for pvp a lot. However if they take away the gear progression from pvp, they need to figure out what players would do to progress.
· They have tried to shrink the gap between the highest and lowest player ilvl.
Race Balance Player Question: Do you believe that a majority of high ranked players seem to be Alliance, specifically Human, Night Elf, and to a lesser extent Dwarf. Is this an issue?
· Going into the next expansion, looking at the racials is a possibility.
· They want to make sure they are all interesting and fun, and not boring.
Solo Queue Player Question: Any plans for rated arena queue? New BG & Arena maps? Feel PvP content development is too focused on Ashran.
· They feel solo queue experiences can be very toxic.
· When you have pre-made groups you will have a leader which will set the tone for the group. If you act out of line, they can kick you out.
· They think the group finder has been a very big success.
· They have thought there might be a dip in progression in Rated BGs, but participation is up by upwards of 50% to 60% even with less rewards just because of how easy it is to group.
· No plans for Solo queue rated pvp at this time.
· They felt Ashran was the new type of content that players wanted, however they feel it did not hit the mark. Blizzard is very unhappy with how it turned out and really want to improve it.
· Faction unbalance is an issue they are still working on.
· They thought server communities was important at the start for asharn, turns out it was not.
· They might make the conquest able to be rewarded higher than 500.
· One thing they are thinking about, is allowing you to cap your conquest just on asharn, but you would need to participate in all areas of asharan to achieve this.
· They may restrict it so only groups can que for ashran, and not raids. They are open to feedback on this.
Alterac Valley Player Question: Any future changes planned for Alterac Valley?
· They do want to keep it balanced and up to date as they have gotten lots of good feedback, but no key game changes planned.
Battlegrounds Player Question: Given that the majority of PvPers only play random battlegrounds, what are you doing to make these more fun and balanced?
· There is a good spread of participation in Random BGs, Rated BGs, Arenas, and Ashran.
· They certainly want to make BGs more fun and improve it mechanically.
Botters Player Question: When will the botters be stopped?
· They know botters do not make the game look good.
· They put a lot of effort into stopping them.
· They are not transparent for a few reason. One key reason is they do not want to tip botters off. If they come up with a new method, they don’t want to inform botters of this while they are working on the system.
New Legendary Ring proc Player Question: The new proc on legendary ring, will it work in PvP?
· It will work in world PvP.
· It is disabled in instanced pvp (such as Ashran and arenas).
Low Level PvP Player Question: Does low level PvP get a fair shake when classes get revamps? Currently Priests, Ferals, Warrior, etc. deal significantly more damage than other classes.
· They focus on high level pvp for balance.
· If something is very unbalanced - such as a single spell, they want to hear about it and fix.
· If you find that some classes are stronger at say level 20, that is not something they spend a lot of time on.
Player Question: When will XP-Off players be able to queue a Wargame without switching experience back on? There’s really no reason for having to do this; can you please see that it’s addressed?
· There is an open bug that XP-Off players can not que for wargames. This is being fixed.
· Many, many more class changes are coming to the PTR. What we have seen is a very small amount of them, and changes have already been made to some of those.
Player Question: Are you considering bringing back some of the pruned abilities? My DPriest would love swap back or baseline fear.
· They are happy with the ability pruning, and in fact will probably prune more abilities down the road.
Player Question: Since spellcasting can be interrupted, will we ever be able to disarm melee? Should be a two way street.
· Disarms was removed in WoD when they were trying to reduce CCs.
· They don’t necessary think since melee can interrupt spellcast, spellcasters have to be able to disarm them.
· They do think they should be balanced against each other, such as how casters can control melee.
Player Question: As the lead PvP designer are you happy with the way PvP turned out in WoD?
· Blizzard is happy, but not satisfied with how PvP turned out in WoD so far.
I made a tweet about this, but if certain specs were too strong / too much burst I feel like they should be looked at instead. Nerfing 10% across the entire board just leads to the dampening problem again which wasn't even weak in these fast paced games.
Slow games are so boring, and also forces more predetermined matches since mistakes can be recovered easily. It also doesn't help that healing is just ridiculously high on most classes.
It is going to be a pilot WoD tournament and we are hoping to make it fun for people to watch and to participate. With this regard we are not going to allow any mage+resto druid comps.
The initial prize pool is 300 euro (with a proportion of first to 2nd place of 2-1).
RBG Tournament: Battle of the Atlantic Worlds Reveal Show
Eight World of Warcraft Rated Battleground teams have been chosen to test their skills in battle at the first ever Gamer’s League RBG tournament: “The Battle of the Atlantic.” This tournament will be used to celebrate the official launch of the Gamer’s League website.
The event will be occurring live on Friday February 13th, Saturday February 14th, and Sunday February 15th.
The Battle of the Atlantic has gathered the top four US teams and the top four EU teams to go head to head with each fighting for a prize pool of $3,000 and the chance to be declared the best RBG team in the world. Join us throughout the stream for multiple giveaways and an expert analysis of each match. Two teams will advance to the grand finals to face off in a best of 8 championship match you won’t want to miss! Casters Desecration and Reinhart will be here to bring you all of action as it happens.
Join us on Friday, February 6th, 7 PM PST at www.gamers-league.com and Twitch.tv/GamersLeagueLive for the Battle of the Atlantic Worlds Reveal Show when we reveal and break down the 8 teams competing in the tournament.