- Viewing Profile: Reputation: Naraga
NaragaMember Since 21 Dec 2009
Offline Last Active Today, 01:28 AM
- Group Junkies
- Active Posts 310
- Profile Views 3322
- Member Title Member
- Age 22 years old
- Birthday November 17, 1992
Naraga hasn't added any friends yet.
Posted Kelarm on 26 January 2015 - 06:14 PM
It's hard to have a strategy game when everyone is so similar. In a well-designed game, different archetypes/strategies have a very different set of strengths and weaknesses. Good players can maximize the value of their strengths while mitigating the impact of their weaknesses. When pitted against a lesser player, they will be able to successfully exploit the weaknesses of their play/strategy while protecting the weaknesses of their own. For example, a good SC2 player will take clues from the enemy base and suspect a dark shrine rush, scout the map for the dark shrine, and prepare detection for the templar to take minimal damage, then counterattack a couple minutes later with a force that the other player can't handle because of heavily investing in an ineffective tech rush. This is the essence of a strategy game - capitalizing on strengths (scouting, defense) while exploiting weakness (getting scouted on a risky cheese strat).
In arena there's no such interaction. A jungle cleave runs in and pops every cooldown on their kill target, and then if you manage to survive, they remain just as strong as you throughout the rest of the game, and then become super saiyans again in 3 minutes. This is the equivalent of getting 6 pooled, defending it with minimal losses, then counter attacking 3 minutes later with a bio ball only to find that he has 35 roaches already and mutalisks in your mineral line. It's the equivalent of dropping a turn 2 undertaker combo using your entire hand, getting shut down, then just dropping dr. boom on turn 3. It's nonsense, it's not a game, it's amateur shit. There's no fucking weakness anywhere, there's no counterplay, there's no skill. Back when wow was the only game on the internet I used to pray that more games would come out and challenge its throne, force blizzard to elevate their game. Well that shit has come and gone, and instead they've done absolutely nothing, maybe even gotten worse, as they sit here and watch their flagship game slowly wither and die. It's extremely disappointing.
Posted Tekkys on 16 January 2015 - 02:03 AM
A big problem i have is that it is SO hard to stop hunter damage currently. LoS? Yeah if you can not be slowed by frozen ammo/conc. shot with basically no cd, and even when you get behind that pillar not only is the pet still raping you, but the hunter is running 100 mph fuckin' legolas-ing you down. CC? Yeah once you fake counter shot, cast through feign death and take around 30% of your health in damage that hunter will be cc'd. The only real counterplay to a hunter currently is globaling his pet then riding his ass into the ground, which for most comps isnt a really reliable strategy, and the whole idea is gay for both teams.
Posted Torrentialx on 14 January 2015 - 02:43 AM
Posted pharrelle on 12 January 2015 - 01:17 PM
Posted Bestpriestjk on 11 January 2015 - 07:50 PM
PS does nothing, if you use it at 100% together with RoS you still have to blow a major defensive afterwards because people go right through it.
Power Word: Shield is at best up for around 0,5 seconds against a good team.
You have people at 100% with no dots and they die in a trap, you can come out and spam flash heals for 70% of your mana pool and your partner still wont be topped before next cc on you.
People realized that with priest healing being this low, all you need to do is save your kick until a priest is 95% into a flash heal or simply just interupt every penance.
The only way you can top someone at a level close to other healers is with power infusion, evangalism and aura mastery. But the last couple of games i noticed people purge it really fast.
Prayer of mending heals for an average of 0, but atleast you can call it a small trash buff.
Penance is the only decent heal in your arsenal, but people always focus on kicking it, so you wont get more than a tick off in a bad situation.
Ur biggest heal is probably evangalism with the leap buff, and that does around 70k with a crit and 40k divine aegis. Once every 1,5 minute?
Demotivating to see a resto druid do absolutely nothing all game and topping people instantly with no effort, not to mention monks in most situations.
-Sorry if the grammar is horrible, I am on my phone.
Posted Schvetolga on 09 January 2015 - 12:43 PM
[Currently in testing] Freezing Trap now has a trigger radius of 3 yards (down from 5 yards).
so blizzard is going to change something
what i also wanted to add... if hunters are so OP and anyoing why aren't there so many hunters stomping everyone at blizzcon. all i see are cater cleaves in different colors
since some people are arguing that hunters are too strong for years now (i'm not saying hunter was weak at all but feels like you guys just don't liek the class itself and you'd rather delete the class then accepting that there are bigger fishs in the sea every season. (s12 was retarded okay i give you that but then there were ferals(s13), eles, locks, mages which were 100% on the same level of retardness as hunter in the past seasons (except s12)
Posted Abidalzim on 02 January 2015 - 06:23 PM
Why are people talking about dampening should be changed to this, or that. It shouldn't be. It shouldn't even be in the game. Are you getting so brainwashed by Blizzard that you see nothing wrong with this? How about we fix the fcking game so matches are balanced instead of adding in some retarded clunky bandaid fix that will force end the game one way or the other before the timer runs out? We've played almost a decade without dampening.
Games between two teams that can't initially score a kill on eachother shouldn't be force ended in favor of one of the teams by making damage unhealable (wether that is by decreasing healing or increasing damage doesn't matter). It should end because one healer outplays the other mana wise.
Dampening is an awfull mechanic and I can't believe people are supporting it.
Posted Charred on 30 December 2014 - 11:28 PM
The thing is, people only talk about 12 sec SV traps, while the issue is far bigger than that imo.
Hunters nowadays cast uninteruptable spells while moving, have instant cc, knockback, stun, a melee-like interupt, insane damage & plenty of survivability tools (deterence, disengage, passive selfhealing).
What happened to having to stand still to cast an aimed shot that was still avoidable in their deadzone & silencing shot as a 31PT MM talent being the only form of an interupt (outside of intimidation stun for BM, which couldtn be gotten together with Silencing Shot) they had.
EDIT: Best part is that even if hunters had deadzone nowadays, it'd probably be irrelevant since it's so easy for them to create distance compared to how it used to be.
Posted Structural on 26 December 2014 - 09:11 PM
Posted Bawn on 20 December 2014 - 01:30 PM
to regen mana you need to go in an aspect that make you do no damage
and while we on it just add dead zone back again and remove DKs from the game
Posted ProdeGaming on 11 November 2014 - 09:00 PM
Every Arena VoD ends by either 20 min time limit(at 91% Dampening) or Win/Draw.(1 exception) Most cases there is little to no attempt made to kill the enemy or win, the intent is outhealing/surviving their dmg.
*Dampening affecting the classes differently is due to the bug of Dampening not reducing % heals. (the % results are according to Skada healing meters)
Destro Warlock (~1% of healing affected by Dampening*)
3v1 - Ret/Mage/Disc http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5477530
2v1 - Ret/UH DK http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5392590
2v1 - MM Hunter/Frost Mage http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5392548
2v1 - Feral/Disc (from 03:00) http://www.twitch.tv...438185?t=0h3m0s
2v1 - Moonkin/Rogue http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5438124
Ret Paladin (100% of healing affected by Dampening)
2v2's are because Ret healing is most effective/spectacular when healing others
2v2 - Fury/UH DK (teammate healing) http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5438239
2v2 - Destro/RShaman (teammate healing) http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5407387 (Note: Gladiator Stance Prot Warrior is not a tank in WoD)
2v2 - Fire/Disc (including standing in middle of arena in one place) http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5438466
1v1 - Frost Mage (ranged outhealing) http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5439561
1v1 - Fire Mage (ranged outhealing) http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5439601
Some other 1v1 ranged Ret vs Mage
Frost - http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5407579
Frost - http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5439529
Fire - http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5407661
Frost DK (~45% of healing affected by Dampening)
2v1 - Surv Hunter/MW Monk (91% Dampening) http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5439395
2v1 - Rogue/Hpaladin http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5439097
2v1 - SP/Disc (the only VoD I die in and it's 2v1 at 30% Dampening) http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5439058
1v1 - Ret http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5439016
1v1 - Ret (stand in one place) http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5439938
1v1 - Hunter http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5439839
Fury Warr (~30% of healing affected by Dampening)
2v1 - Fury/RDruid http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5447456
1v1 - Fury (for 17min, 91% Dampening) http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5439162
1v1 - FrostDK http://www.twitch.tv/holcel/c/5439233
*Dampening affecting the classes differently is due to Dampening not reducing % heals. (the % results are according to Skada healing meters)
The post been made in relative short time so feel free to tell link errors. I'm not using this twitch account anymore, its purpose was to record Beta balance issues.
Posted Lolflay on 18 October 2014 - 10:39 AM
- Fear effects right now break on threshold of 1-2 dot ticks, last 6 seconds on max duration and randomly move the feared player around - it was suggested a THOUSAND times to either keep it @ 8 seconds maximum while keeping the player rooted instead of making him run around like a moron, or to design it via glyph. They said a thousand times that Fear moving the player around randomly was the problem, next to it not breaking due to damage - where's the problem of removing the random moving around part, if the damaging part was already fixed ?
- Snares and roots are still a huge problem in the game. They in return create an even larger problem of having to keep retarded abilities in the game that counteract snares ( *cough*BoS*cough* ). Also, both snares and roots are either extremely effective or extremely useless, there's no middle ground. You can either keep the enemy players completely in check with snares/roots and they can't do shit all about it, or enemy players either have way too momentum ( and/or playing classes that easily get rid of them ) where said snares and roots are useless. New hunter auto shot slow being the prime example of polar opposite stupidity compared to BoS
- Instant CC is still in the game. Only displays of proper instant CCs are really AOE fears and RoF that can't be PoM'd. Stormbolt->Frost Trap will still be a fucking thing come WoD. ?!?!?
- Number of extra "trinkets" ( CC breakers ) in the game is still abnormally high. Unbound will, Nimble Brew, Berserker rage, etc. It just creates power creep and it'll continue to create it towards new expansions. Either remove them all or give them all Tremor Totem treatment.
- everyone recieved ability purges, Rogues remained the same for most part
- I partially supported Burst of Speed in MoP, however come WoD I really don't ; explanation below
- Rogues are thriving on level 100 because of the metagame. TBC and Cataclysm were kinda slow for the most part, allowing Rogues to thrive in those metagames because a Rogue with no fear of getting oneshotted is a Rogue that is free to fuck up enemy team completely - contrast to WoTLK where they could get stunned and oneshotted by proper teams, so they had to play very carefully, resulting in the proper way a Rogue should be played
- remove Cheap Shot and Garrote glyphs, they're an overkill
- Nerve Strike is way too powerful on lvl 100
- Feint is too powerful ( although it'll probably get nerfed because of PvE - it's making Rogues the premier ( and really only viable ) melee class in first tier of WoD )
- Death Knight
- IBF breaking stuns might be something they've had since they were released, it doesn't mean it shouldn't go
- Conversion as it stands is kind of dumb
- Blood should NEVER be a thing
- Desecrated Ground needs to go
- Nimble Brew needs to go in its current incarnation - give it a Tremor Totem treatment or remove it completely
- MWs seem to be way too much mana efficient, Soothing Mist stopped giving Chi but the ability to spam Surging Mist without consequences makes sure they have endless supply of Mana Tea - they're also very strong healers right now in PvE, which will probably warrant a few % healing fixes, so I believe they'll be in a decent spot when it comes to that
- WWs are in a pretty good spot, they didn't deviate too much from their 90 playstyle, but aren't one shot wonders anymore. With added safety of melee classes ( no more oneshots ), they actually have the time to function as a proper melee class now, which is just fine. I'd only look at Surging Mist healing because it seems better than old Orbs.
- Holy : besides WoD having a cast time, they seem fine for the most part. They're not broken ( in fact they're last in PvE parses ), but they're equipped with the tools to deal with melee cleaves which will be prevalent in first season or two
- Ret : seems to do way too much healing, outside of that, damage can get a bit too spikey, however it seems fine
- remove Unbound Will - I've read a suggestion to replace it with Shadowflame, which actually seems pretty decent. ( It might directly contradict the snares&roots paragraph above, but a snare with a cooldown is not actually a problem in this game, only the CDless ones are )
- return Fel Flame or Searing Pain for Affliction
- Fear currently breaks on 1-2 ticks of DOTs, lasts 6 seconds, makes the target flee in random direction. Remove the fleeing part and bump it back to 8 seconds.
- Psychic Scream is a talent, lasts 6 seconds, has a cooldown of 45 seconds, breaks when the wind breezes by and randomly displaces the target during the duration of the effect. Return Psychic Scream as a baseline spell, remove the random running around part, keep the 45 second cooldown/6 second duration if need be - give Priests an actual talent tier instead of forcing them to take a spell that has been baseline for their class for past 10 years.
- forcing Mages to cast Frostbolts is just fine, they wanted that back anyway, and I fully agree with them on that - however putting all of their damage into novas and prismatic crystal is the dumbest thing ever, it promotes one dimensional playstyle
- Deep Freeze not being a real stun anymore forces Mages to use it on partners instead of the target they're currently focusing - not a real problem for the likes of WMx or RMx, but this effectively stops diversity between Mage comps, and reduces their solo ability by tenfold
- Tremor finally seems to be in a decent spot
- Elemental : does no damage, and they're last in PvE parses on 100 ( I hear that Jaimeretard already rerolled, tells you enough that you need to know about Elementals ) - they need a fundamental overhaul of their DPS mechanics, make them challenging enough so baddies ( ) can't succeed with them, while keeping them competitive - TL;DR turn them into a real spec/class finally, because every single time they were viable it was because of retarded oneshotting ability
- Enhancement : waaaaay too much healing and survivability, probably take a look at Wolves, outside of that, damage seems fine-ish
- Restoration : seems lackluster on level 100, although they seem really strong currently on level 90.
- seriously, add cast time to Storm Bolt. If CC has range ( and isn't a interrupt/Silence ), it should ALWAYS have a cast time, PERIOD. Shockwave is fine
- waaaaaaay too much damage and survivability, mobility still really really good, MoP all over again
- remove Berserker Rage
- instant freezing trap ? Either make the effect really noticeable while it's flying ( give it a fucking Supernova GFX for all I care, just make it actually seeable with naked eye, it's nigh impossible to notice it on some arenas unless you're using addons to notify you of hunter casting it
- Auto show slows ? Seriously ?
- way too good on 100, too much survivability
- they're #1 on PvE parses as Resto afaik, while still healing mostly via instant casts - it sucks seeing shit like Prayer of Mending or Word of Glory casted when Resto Druids can simply do the same effect with instant casts
- Ferals are way too much broken, and need to be fixed. Their uptime together with their damage does not compute at all
I'm sure I've missed quite a few things, however this is all the really glaring issues I've noticed so far.
Posted edthelad on 22 May 2012 - 06:15 PM
Posted Vengeance on 16 May 2012 - 06:18 AM
Hmm, that's not intended. Enrage means an awful lot of warriors for now. It's probably not necessary that Unholy Frenzy needs to be dispelled in PvP anyway so we can just make it not an Enrage.
Posted hypermode_4274975 on 09 May 2012 - 09:06 AM
1. It is a perfectly normal habit for companys to look for bussiness avenues that can make them money, if they see a competitor is doing well with a certain non-trademarked service, they will immitate it and try to improve it, that is the most basic foundation of capitalism
2. I have no idea what was in the nao-curse sponsorship agreement, so I (and afaik nobody but the people directly involved) can tell if any promises/contracts were broken. If the contract was based on a tournament to tournament basis (which seems to me the most logical contract), it was curses fair right to not extend the contract, they didn't have any obligations (maybe besides moral ones) to continue the contract. If the contract was a yearly contract & they decided to disband it because muggems alledgedly was involved in arena carries (like, to be fair, most of the people on this site) it was a low blow, but still legal as far as I can see (they don't want to be associated with people willfully breaking contracts with blizzard).
The idea behind a sponsorship usually is trading money for namerecognisciion. In this case, its slightly more complex because curse provided, besides money, also infrastructure, platforms to announce the tournaments (AJ).
3. NAO has no intellectual property WHATSOEVER over holding tournaments, they have taken over the framework used by the russians (prestige-gaming) and they were licenced to do so (judging from comments on the stream & muggems words earlier in this thread).
4. The only party with any intellectual property claims is prestige gaming. They developped the tournament UI (which is a copywritable idea, especially since it was developped by them and non-public) so if the AJ tournament (and thus curse) were to use that user interface, they would be liable for copyright claims (unless prestige-gaming licenses them, just as they have licensed NAO).
5. If you look at this from the ''wow as e-sport'' pov, this tournament is nothing but good, it is bringing wow as an e-sport back to a proffesional (meaning non-player hosted, no matter how good those players did) level. Which means more resources will be spend on it and curse has more places to advertise, which in turn means bigger viewercounts, more money involved & bigger prices for the players.
6. You claim curse ''randomly invited a bunch of teams'' which is exactly what NAO did in the start, it was a tournament-host made decision and I agree with this one. I know all teams on that list, except for the last one listed, because they performed in a NAO tournament.
7. For NAO, it is not sure if this tournament is going to be bad, it might even be good because right now, NAO is a pretty niche organisation with a pretty limited & niche playerbase. Curse has the potential (trough mmo-champion) to interest a whole bunch of new people in the tournament scene, which might then end up on NAO's stream aswell.
8. Your main motives for making this post seem to me mostly because you wern't invited to the AJ tournament, but thats just ad hominem from me
I think I have said everything I have to say here, please feel free to point out any factual errors made by me while writhing this