• Curse Sites
Help

BM change response (blog) - What do you think?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 Affect

Affect
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:29 PM

Levidian said:

You answered your own question retard.

Not at all. Every class has a spec that in the past required so few buttons/synergy with anything but still did absurdly well. Early wrath rets for example, you tunneled something until you caught them in a hoj and you'd score a kill. Early arcane mage's smash your barrage button along with a pom macro and something would die. Lets also factor in rogues prior to overkill nerf. You could catch just about any class in a kidney and coming out of that kidney they'd be at sub 20% if not dead(i'm not taking away from amazing rogues of this time's skill, you can always tell a good rogue when you see one, however their dmg output was just absurd). And last, we all remember dk icy touch spam. You could spam icy touch, paired w/ chains and just be an unstoppable killing machine.

What was the solution to all of these problems? All these ridiculously overpowered/trivial specs were tuned down significantly. Did the playstyle of these specs really change? I would say not really. Obviously there are plenty of great players that played these specs, making them just about unstoppable in the arena scene, i'm not in anyway talking down to any of these players, but there is always that class/spec that requires in lame terms, face roll. And BM hunters are up.

#82 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

Affect said:

Not at all. Every class has a spec that in the past required so few buttons/synergy with anything but still did absurdly well. Early wrath rets for example, you tunneled something until you caught them in a hoj and you'd score a kill. Early arcane mage's smash your barrage button along with a pom macro and something would die. Lets also factor in rogues prior to overkill nerf. You could catch just about any class in a kidney and coming out of that kidney they'd be at sub 20% if not dead(i'm not taking away from amazing rogues of this time's skill, you can always tell a good rogue when you see one, however their dmg output was just absurd). And last, we all remember dk icy touch spam. You could spam icy touch, paired w/ chains and just be an unstoppable killing machine.

What was the solution to all of these problems? All these ridiculously overpowered/trivial specs were tuned down significantly. Did the playstyle of these specs really change? I would say not really. Obviously there are plenty of great players that played these specs, making them just about unstoppable in the arena scene, i'm not in anyway talking down to any of these players, but there is always that class/spec that requires in lame terms, face roll. And BM hunters are up.

You're forgetting that also those specs despite having broken damage at one time or another also had utility to fall back on.

BM has NOTHING EXCEPT DAMAGE, NOTHING(insert insignificant arguments here)
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#83 Sparkys

Sparkys
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

its okay bm has uh... a stun thing that doesnt go off half the time when you want it to
and.. exotic pets yeah they look cool

#84 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

Affect said:

don't really see how you would want to argue bm hunters need fixing/tuning, the class is mindless and requires little to no skill at all.

BM spec =/= Hunter class.

Typical elitist Mage who thinks he's playing the hardest class in the game and any time he loses, the opponent is simply a "no skill faceroller."

I love it when people comment on class mechanics that are completely unfamiliar to them.

And why would you NOT want to argue that BM needs fixing/tuning if it doesn't require skill? If it doesn't require skill to do well, FIX IT SO THAT IT DOES.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#85 Rogerbrown

Rogerbrown
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Xavius
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:07 PM

ye put 2 pets as last talent and then it needs skillz! (awesome idea before wotlk was released) And then hear the QQers about unreal dmg

hope you can spot the sarcasm

#86 Exiztence

Exiztence
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline
  • LocationCz

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

Needs more butthurt mages imo

View Postlucrativex, on 10 February 2011 - 02:50 AM, said:

Tough choice. Not srs. Ill trade poly for scatter trap any day of the week.

Posted Image

#87 Reload

Reload
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

So Is BM going to be dead if the BM change goes live? ;o Imo it is. Time to play MM in 3's again ;p
[Nice Reload...If I cant use my keyboard to turn then how else can I? noob.]

Death knights...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<