#1 Molp

Molp
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

I play warrior/druid in 2v2. One of the things that I never seem to get right is avoiding nasty things like fear or mana burn on Blade's Edge. When the fight is in the middle of the bridge I can LoS anything just fine. But eventually smart teams will drag the fight over to my end of the bridge, which puts me at risk for all kinds of bad things. Now I can cheetah to the other side of the arena, but that leaves the warrior out of heals for quite a while, and against a high damage team that is often deadly.

What is the proper strategy for LoSing your opponents while staying in LoS of your teammate on that arena? Especially when your teammate has to stack up on one of the opponents since he is melee?

#2 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

If possible fight them on the ground, you can do the same thing with the pillars below the bridge as in Nagrand. LoSing at the ends of the bridge is a lot harder, but if you go directly between a caster and one of the 2 slim pillars at an end, you can get out of LoS.

#3 Molp

Molp
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

The problem is that they will usually stay on the non-wooden ramp where I cannot LoS at all because the other side of the pillar is mid air.

The bottom is a bad spot for the warrior. Should he just suck it up for the greater good and sit there and wait for them to come down?

#4 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:39 PM

The problem is that they will usually stay on the non-wooden ramp where I cannot LoS at all because the other side of the pillar is mid air.

Unless they're hitting your warrior extremely hard you can still LoS by having your warrior stay at the top of the ramp and running right next to the side of the ramp, then coming back to the bottom for HoTs.

The bottom is fine for warriors, and it makes it much easier for you to LoS.

#5 Harmann

Harmann
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azjol-Nerub
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:41 PM

5v5 isn't really the same thing, but I always make my team play on the bottom when I'm on my Druid in 5v5 matches.

#6 Swahili

Swahili
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:11 PM

I can't tell you how many matches we have lost due to LoS where the concrete ramp meets the wooden ramp. It's a big issue - staying in los of your teammate puts you in great danger. If the other team knows this...you must take the fight to the ground.

The problem is your DPS is melee...and the opposing team pretty much controls where the fight goes. At the start of the fight you can run underneath the bridge and have your warrior stand directly next to the 1 of the 2 pillars (the pillars that are visable from on the bridge). If he stands all the way up to the pillar, and enemy on top of that pillar cannot get LoS to engage (looking straight down on him) If he plays ring around the rosies when they reposition on the bridge, they should get annoyed and come down to you.

Another thing to try once the fight has already started and they drag the fight back to the bridge. You can start drinking down below and have your warrior come near you (los'ing them). They will be forced to stop you from drinking and move the fight back down. This could potentially lead to a drink on thier part as well.

Good luck.
Swahili - my 70 drood twink

#7 ahjus

ahjus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Azuremyst
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

One problem that I have encountered that I am not sure if its just me or w/e. On the bottom, when your are on one of the circular metal grates and attempt to feral charge somebody who is not on one of them, (the one that gets me the most in the circular one directly in the center) occasionally it will bug. It will give you an error reading "No Path Avaliable", which is usually seen if you are attempting to feral charge up a cliff or a floating object like the starting area's in EoTS. Keep that in mind, it Literally cost me a game once.

#8 Mounsif

Mounsif
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

I play Druid/Warrior in 2s also. Blade's Edge is my favorite map because there are so many places you can run out of LoS.

Manaburns are pretty easy to get out of. If you fight on the bridge, you can hide behind either of the pillars by running down the ramp a bit, then you can move back up to heal your warrior.

Warlocks don't do that much burst damage, so its pretty easy to stay out of line of sight for the majority of the fight. My warrior usuaslly only needs 1 or 2 lifeblooms from Warlock damage.

If the Warlock comes towards the ramp, you can also drop down below the bridge (after you HoT your warrior) to break line of sight. It's not like a warlock is going to burst through a few lifeblooms while you are under the bridge. You can then run back up the ramp after your lifeblooms wear off and heal / cyclone some more.

If your warrior does take heavy burst damage somehow (death coil, shadowburn, lucky nightfall procs) while you are underneath the bridge, you can also use Tranquility to heal him. Tranq heals for around 2k health per 2 seconds, and since Fel Hunters can't jump off the bridges, there is no way they can interrupt it.

If they do end up jumping off the bridge to follow you, you can run behind the lower pillars to avoid being dot/feared/mana burned.

#9 ahjus

ahjus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Azuremyst
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:41 PM

tranquility from below the bridge, learn something new every day, thats cool =D

#10 nord

nord
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:42 AM

Blades edge is possibly the best map for resto druids due to all the obstacles we can (ab)use in favor of kiting.
Graveyard is by far the worst.

#11 Sharper

Sharper
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

Definatly take it to the ground. my 2v2 used to have some difficulty with caster teams (and hated BEA) until I just started kiting around one of the bigger pillars dispeling myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<