#41 komodo131

komodo131
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:23 AM

This is cute. I swear enhance shaman have their target fully purged nearly the whole game. And I also thought they could interrupt casts too, but maybe that was a myth.

you would think a priest of all people would realize the amount of passive magic procs a person can get

as an enhance shaman, i can literally tunnel vision spam purge a priest for 20 seconds and still have more stuff to purge

#42 Telemanchos

Telemanchos
  • Junkies

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:23 AM

Who remembers the (after hunter nerf) MLG in S5?
DK - Pala - BM, omg OP, omg faceroll, omg free gladiator!!!!!
Afaik, there's on my battlegroup 1 Hunter that got gladi with that setup :P

It's probably gonna be the same with beastcleave, it's unimaginable faceroll (like FoK spec used to be in 5's), but it can be countered and if far from OP as other setups atm. (Nor is it really fun to play, nothing more boring than BM :P)

#43 Roblol

Roblol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 192
  • Location512

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:24 AM

I dunno, my opinions are often heavily influenced by the empirical data taken in by myself only.

I've tracked a few BM beastcleaves, and it seems their current winrates usually do not correlate well with the arena experience evident in their feats of strength and rated arena statistics pages of armory.

Meaning, to me this seems to reflect that the comp (played correctly) is not disadvantaged against many, if any, things out there right now.

I've only had the chance to play 3s for a short time tonight, and we only faced 1 enhance bm hpally team, we pretty much just walked all over them.

I'd like to see some more teams and see how they compare in all honesty.
i like to look at pee pees

#44 Roblol

Roblol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 192
  • Location512

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:27 AM

you would think a priest of all people would realize the amount of passive magic procs a person can get

as an enhance shaman, i can literally tunnel vision spam purge a priest for 20 seconds and still have more stuff to purge

yeah a lot of people come on here thinking wow is 110% paper scissors rock. there are way way way too many situational events that happen.

but yeah, in 5s there have been many cases where I've even wished I could find an opportunity to drink because of the purging I have to do. and tbh in 3s, there have been situations where I've ran out of mana, having to use sham rage as a defensive cooldown.

through the course of start to now in 3s, I almost run water shield nonstop at this point compared to never when I first started.
i like to look at pee pees

#45 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:06 AM

a month lol? dude MLG was 1 weekend ago... we aren't even a full 7 days deep into the season.

but yeah, other than arguing stupid shit like duration that's basically true... i mean... WUT ANOTHER COMP WITH SYNERGIES LIKE WTF ANOTHER STRAT WE GOTTA LEARN, AND A NEW SPEC THAT'S FINALLY SEEING REPRESENTATION WTF I GOTTA LEARN HOW TO FIGHT ANOTHER CLASS AUGH JUST NERF IT.

When I say popular I meant when Flexxors created the team, which is about 3 weeks ago, almost 4 when we fought them (1 - 1).
S3 - Lady Vashj/Kael'thas Sunstrider.
S4 - Illidan/Brutallus.
S5 - Gladiator 2v2/3v3/5v5 (US-Cyclone).
S6 - Attendance Boss (US-Cyclone).
S7 - Gladiator 3v3 x2 (US-Vindication/Emberstorm).
S8 - Gladiator 3v3/5v5 (US-Cyclone).

Previously known as Strygwyr from Bloodscalp-Cyclone, Dionysus from Earthen Ring-Vindication, Stryg from Rivendare-Emberstorm, and Lvblol from Blackrock-Bloodlust.

#46 Idgit

Idgit
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:11 AM

then they would just lose to all other RMP's with rogues that are specced 41/5/25

Not disputing that. But RMPs are complaining about a comp countering them when they could easily spec to beat it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 paleaile

paleaile
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:13 AM

everyone can talk about how its not so op.. but play flexx twix and toez and then go telling everyone how u can counter it

#48 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:14 AM

Never been a thread about RMP either. It's all an anti-shaman conspiracy.

They do need to break up RMP, or rather, stop leaving it as an outlier. It's the longest running #1 comp in the game, pretty much. That doesn't mean other things shouldn't be complained about at the same time.

I see what you did there.

But you missed my point which was why is this thread being made when there's another team that richly deserves the attention more, especially when Beastcleave has known counters while a good PMR has proven time and time again that there is no true counter to it.

If Blizzard just fixed sap, I.E. removing it, RMP might actually not 1v3 people for the first 15 seconds of the match.
S4 - Illidan/Brutallus.

Previously known as Strygwyr from Bloodscalp-Cyclone, Dionysus from Earthen Ring-Vindication, Stryg from Rivendare-Emberstorm, and Lvblol from Blackrock-Bloodlust.

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/1/.
  • 2v2: 2056
  • 3v3: 2655
  • RBG: 1881

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

Havent lost to this setup on my shaman or lock so far, kill the shaman, not the unsnareable hunter. Not hard rly.

Fun to see last seasons duelist trying it and get comptelely smashed by me and warrior:P

#50 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:22 AM

It's certainly not mindless. The playstyle might seem mindless but the shaman have to shock, put down totems, help his friends with slows, kite melees, purge and dps at the same time. The multitask is extreme and you really need a very good shaman for it to work. Oh i forgot hex too.

How is this honestly any different then from what an Elemental Shaman does in Wizard's Cleave, aside from the obivious fact that you can cc a destruction lock and not a BM hunter which would beg to imply that Wizard's Cleave is harder then Beastcleave. And yet that comp is pretty much renown for being absolute face roll.
S4 - Illidan/Brutallus.

#51 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:49 AM

You honestly cannot compare elemental & enhancement if you've tried both specs.

Enhancement is so no way as global depending as an elemental which makes a huge difference an elemental shaman can die much faster as the good teams don't stun or fear him rofl.

#52 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

You honestly cannot compare elemental & enhancement if you've tried both specs.

Enhancement is so no way as global depending as an elemental which makes a huge difference an elemental shaman can die much faster as the good teams don't stun or fear him rofl.

Which supports my statement that Wizard's Cleave is indeed harder then Beastcleave. And with Wizard's Cleave being known as a "Faceroll" comp, one would assume that Beastcleave is < Faceroll.

P.S.

You're right Blowi, Enhancement does have a lot more free globals then an Elemental Shaman thanks to SS/LL/Male5LB not requiring a cast time.
S4 - Illidan/Brutallus.

#53 Casta

Casta
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:38 AM

There won't be a lot of beastcleaves simple cos there's no fucking good hunters anywhere and shamans don't really have their enhancement sets ready. I doubt many of the better shamans will jump the bandwagon and start beastcleaving just because of 1 tournament.

Besides that playing enhancement you can play one bracket assuming u got the teammates unless u really wanna cleave them 5s (which i dont).

#54 Dullehoe

Dullehoe
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

anybody who references any shaman spec as faceroll instantly loses all credibility.

you're not any special i hope you know that

enhancement in beastcleave is like fucking retardedly easy

pop wolves have a focus frame and you're set

#55 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:00 AM

Something most people cannot understand either is the huge difference between tournament comps and live comps.

So many things makes this differ.

About wizardcleave Styg, it's by far the "easiest" comp for an elemental shaman. I've tried it, and I played a different comp and I had a much easier time as the synergy & you don't have to constantly create free time to cast, or support all the time.

But yes, enhancement shaman has always been less global depended, changed a little from TBC, but still. They have more "free time".

#56 Ellonija

Ellonija
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2608
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:03 AM

Kill earthbinds for great justice!

BM/Enh really does piss me off though >.>

#57 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

Kill earthbinds for great justice!

BM/Enh really does piss me off though >.>

Most people don't realize the buff is magical and you can easily kill the totem, and they won't have anything for at least 10-12 seconds :)

#58 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

How long has RMP been effective?

don't get me wrong i hate rmp probably more than you do but if you can't see any problems with the comp the op is whining about i don't know what to say

#59 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:09 AM

anybody who references any shaman spec as faceroll instantly loses all credibility.

haha thanks

#60 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:52 AM

Something most people cannot understand either is the huge difference between tournament comps and live comps.

So many things makes this differ.

About wizardcleave Styg, it's by far the "easiest" comp for an elemental shaman. I've tried it, and I played a different comp and I had a much easier time as the synergy & you don't have to constantly create free time to cast, or support all the time.

But yes, enhancement shaman has always been less global depended, changed a little from TBC, but still. They have more "free time".

Oh for sure, I played it a little over the last week. With an alt paladin in blues we were beating 2500 MMR teams (thanks to the lock's and my own MMR) without having ever played the comp before. Stupidly easy, you just need to connect Lava Burst and Chaos Bolt for a kill lol.

Btw Blowi I'm going to be trying some Ret/Rogue/Sham. Running over comps in my head, seems like platecleave will be a counter. Any ideas/tips on your part?
S4 - Illidan/Brutallus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<