ilybrah
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:31 AM

welcome to everyones thoughts after the dallas tourny man

A full set of dots + a felhunter on my hpal requires me to divine light spam to stay alive, without the lock hitting me with drain life or drain soul at all.

SO ya, i was a hpally s9, and it was by far my favorite season ever in wow. Thanks for your OPINIONS tho on whether the season sucked or not. L2P, have a nice day!

#4 Aunia

Aunia
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:33 AM

Welcome to everyone's thoughts after the dallas tourney brah

#5 Rice

Rice
  • Junkies

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:34 AM

How long has RMP been effective?

#6 kashflow

kashflow
  • Pistolgrip
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:35 AM

its beatable

#7 Anathas

Anathas
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:37 AM

its beatable

^^^
but its still a bitch
Ret is short for RETIRED

#8 kashflow

kashflow
  • Pistolgrip
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:38 AM

so is dk/warrior/pally cleave and a ton of other retarded teams. i really dont think beastcleave is even that retarded on live.

#9 Roblol

Roblol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 192
  • Location512

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:40 AM

its probably a bitch in the almight 2k bracket. loox out!
i like to look at pee pees

#10 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:47 AM

It's stupid because of how mindless it is. Kind of like most cleaves, only with heroism. It's frustrating to fight, but it's not really any worse than whatever dominant physical dps zerg of the day dominated in the past.

#11 komodo131

komodo131
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

saying that is "simply too effective" is an overstatement

limited CC
freeze trap + hex share DR
Freeze trap dispellable by 2 healers (priest/pally)
Hex dispellable by the other 2 healers (druid/shaman)

hand of protection is very effective against this team (a very high amount of proc buffs on a lot of people giving a large amount of dispel protection plus the 30% resist it has anyway)

it's great against offensive teams, but weak against tank teams (DK/Warr/Protadin with 30k+ health each)

#12 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

Did you just say HoP is effective against a team with purge and tranqshot?

#13 Roblol

Roblol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Location512

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:15 AM

and that's why I prefer enhance, survival, disc.

cc's can be chained better. double offensive dispels, with fear, sleep, hex - you play with a bit more finesse rather than OMG WE'RE BIT FAST AND RED LUSTED LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

#14 Roblol

Roblol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Location512

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:17 AM

Did you just say HoP is effective against a team with purge and tranqshot?

HoP removes aimed shot ms effect, and with dispel resists the odds of removing it immediately are pretty slim. 1 good heal and you're almost topped off.

as enhance bm hpally yes it is.

#15 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:21 AM

Did you just support someone who said HoP is effective against a team with purge and tranq shot?

#16 Roblol

Roblol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Location512

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:23 AM

Did you just support someone who said HoP is effective against a team with purge and tranq shot?

Yes, and rather than just assuming the game is like OMG PURGE IS > ANY BUFF IN THE GAME like a dummy, I gave you the reasons WHY it is effective AGAINST a specific comp, the one they were talking about.

Removing an MS and throwing 1 solid heal down is pretty nasty and can literally almost negate some burst pressure.

#17 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:26 AM

If only you had multiple ways to prevent that heal.

30% dispel resist does not make it hard to remove. It means you'll usually get it off first try, and almost always get it off within 2. If someone is being bopped, you've probably been on them long enough to remove most of their buffs, so it isn't as if you're playing russian roulette with a dispel.

#18 Roblol

Roblol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Location512

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:30 AM

30% dispel resist does not make it hard to remove. It means you'll usually get it off first try, and almost always get it off within 2. If someone is being bopped, you've probably been on them long enough to remove most of their buffs, so it isn't as if you're playing russian roulette with a dispel.

If only it worked that way. I mash purge harder than anyone I know, and there have been times, that yes, even through interrupts, with the MS effect removed, they get healed to like 60% or so before we can get the MS back on and start pressuring again.

BoP removes the MS effect. period. that's a pretty nice buff. being purged 2-3 seconds after it's landed even with 1 interrupt, is still more than enough time to throw down 1 big heal.

but i'm sure you knew all this, being the indignant know it all douche bag you currently are being right? i'm sure you were just testing other people right?

#19 komodo131

komodo131
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:33 AM

so many classes have so many passive buff procs that can be purged it is often hard to get hand of prot off in under 3 globals anything from resto druid heals, to disc priest passive self procs, to destro lock nether protection and backdraft, to even expose weakness on survival hunters

30% dispel resist does not make it hard to remove. It means you'll usually get it off first try, and almost always get it off within 2.

most likely your interrupt is on CD because that is how you got them low on health to begin with, 2 second interrupt is definitely not a long interrupt, and apparently this priest thinks purge works like mass dispel (targetting immunity effects first), which it doesn't

#20 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:36 AM

BoP removes the MS effect. Leaving you with a mere what, shock, hex (I know, just listing), HoJ, and arcane torrent with which to stop his heal from while 2 different people attempt to remove the buff.

Of course there are times that you don't get the purge off first try. Approximately 30% of the time, actually. But you should be able to purge, interrupt, purge, purge before they even get the chance to heal with a non-instant. And if bop hurt you as much as you say it does, you could take the time to make sure they were clean/near clean of buffs before really going at it, to ensure it didn't completely screw you over (@ your "priest thinks purge and tranq are like MD). 3 different buffs removed is pretty rough man. If only you had spare globals with which to spam purge on someone. And that's only when it's on the healer. There's plenty more you can do when someone else is bopped and you just need to control the healer while removing the bop.

You're speaking as if bop counters you, rather than minimally sets you back.

I'm not whining about your comp, read my post at the bottom of page 1. I just think it's stupid to say a buff you can remove pretty easily and can use abilities to control people while removing it is somehow a major factor in fights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<