• Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

Alright, so basically I like having a bit of spirit in 3s, something like 4pc main set mooncloth. Is there any reason I shouldn't get full crit main set and just buy the spirit off-pieces? It should give the same effect while allowing me to have full crit gear when I know I'm facing a mirror or cleave setup where regen won't matter as much.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#2 zyox

zyox

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

i myself am going 4pc satin 1 mooncloth this season and spirit offpieces...i assume you run rmp (too lazy to look). i've very rarely lost a game in 3s due to mana and usually by the time it's over im still sitting fairly well on mana. crit is the way to go now imo

well right now on armory it has the gladiator head icon for my 5s, so i would assume that means gladiator. Ofc it will change later in the season, but for one night going from 2208 to 2416 with 44-3 record, i'd say we can still make the cutoff

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:18 PM

yeah, that's pretty much my reasoning. The only teams that tend to make for long games are Warlock/Druid/X and double healer.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#4 Sawj

Sawj
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

I wish the priests I play with liked crit for rmp, going crit on my alt priest as well.
-.-

#5 Jason

Jason
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

yeah i got full crit gear in s6 just because 3s/5s were my only teams. Cleave/4 dps. Mana wasn't an issue.

picked up spirit off pieces by end of season to use in 2s, from points/voa. Mixed the two depending on what comps we were mainly facing for 3s though.
Posted Image

#6 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:00 PM

buying full crit gear also

BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING SHADOW PRIEST TIME

#7 Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:17 PM

I think 4 satin main set with spirit off pieces will probably be the way to go this season. For 5s you might even consider just full crit or something, and if you go that way it gives you a little more flexibility.

#8 Widowned

Widowned
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/0/2/1

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:24 PM

All I know from watching the MLG streams is that a crit/DA spec is so damn sexy.

#9 feebled

feebled
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

I think im going to get 4 piece satin 1 mooncloth, hit cloak and neck and all other offsets crit.

#10 durenx

durenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:52 PM

I dont see why going for more than 20%holy crit and then the extra 3% from your mage (if you're playing with one) is worth it considering what you're losing in manareg. (the PvE ,,softcap'' people were talking about because of divine aegis was around 30% (+5 from boomkin) if i'm not mistaken and I think thats way too much for pvp)

Yes your games might always or 90% of the time last 2 minutes but the extra 3-4% crit in those 2 minutes I THINK wont be saving you as much as the extra regen will be in the longer games. Crit is a rng stat, might safe you might not - mana reg isn't :P

I also doubt you'll run into as many cleaves as last season.

I'm going for 4/1, the dagger and one offpiece which will give enough crit imo (or 20%).

#11 Deuss

Deuss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

im usin 4 mooncloth, 1 satin. crit boots, belt, and bracers. hit neck and cloak.

#12 Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:28 PM

I dont see why going for more than 20%holy crit and then the extra 3% from your mage (if you're playing with one) is worth it considering what you're losing in manareg. (the PvE ,,softcap'' people were talking about because of divine aegis was around 30% (+5 from boomkin) if i'm not mistaken and I think thats way too much for pvp)

Yes your games might always or 90% of the time last 2 minutes but the extra 3-4% crit in those 2 minutes I THINK wont be saving you as much as the extra regen will be in the longer games. Crit is a rng stat, might safe you might not - mana reg isn't :P

I also doubt you'll run into as many cleaves as last season.

I'm going for 4/1, the dagger and one offpiece which will give enough crit imo (or 20%).

Yeah but if your games are ending that quickly why worry about mana regen? I'd rather have RNG in my favor than worry about regen I'm not going to use.

#13 durenx

durenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:34 PM

Yeah but if your games are ending that quickly why worry about mana regen? I'd rather have RNG in my favor than worry about regen I'm not going to use.

I'm just not too sure you'll have all these short matches and neither that you do realize how much you're really losing.

#14 Pau

Pau
  • Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:44 AM

use a mix of both thread over

#15 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:24 AM

Prob going full satin, with spirit offpieces, because im more likely to farm more honor to change my offpieces up if I need than to get extra arena points out of nowhere.

#16 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:43 AM

if i actually play enough to get gear

i will go, 3 piece satin for resil bonus, crit offset with hit neck cloak, spellpen wand/book, crit mh.

i find its pretty much perfect for 3s. i was using a bunch of deadly gear out of laziness and still wound up with 21% crit 2350 sp and 1100 resil.

i know taking 50 resil over 2sec of ws is questionable but i like how it works out.

#17 zyox

zyox

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:47 AM

if i actually play enough to get gear

i will go, 3 piece satin for resil bonus, crit offset with hit neck cloak, spellpen wand/book, crit mh.

i find its pretty much perfect for 3s. i was using a bunch of deadly gear out of laziness and still wound up with 21% crit 2350 sp and 1100 resil.

i know taking 50 resil over 2sec of ws is questionable but i like how it works out.

i was thinkin bout 3/2 myself, but that 4 pc is just way too huge imo, i can think of a good amount of times it's saved the day

well right now on armory it has the gladiator head icon for my 5s, so i would assume that means gladiator. Ofc it will change later in the season, but for one night going from 2208 to 2416 with 44-3 record, i'd say we can still make the cutoff

#18 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:16 AM

Yeah, 50 resil doesn't come close to comparing with a faster shield. Whichever way you go, if you're over 700 resil, go with the 4pc.

#19 Innervatepls

Innervatepls
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:38 AM

start thinking about going 4/5 t9 lol, 10% more on DA
:o

#20 Seferino

Seferino
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:54 AM

The rogue who plays on my 3s team (Ret/Rogue/Priest) wants to play his mage instead for s7, so the games might be drawn out a bit longer. Since I'm in full regen gear now, I guess I'll see if I'm having any mana issues before i buy my gear; if not, i'll start buying crit pieces.
:rogue: S3
:priest: S5+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<