#181 Snootz

Snootz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

I dont know maybe i was expecting to much of blood i can reach 40% w/o talents, with good ap, 670 resi or something (once i get arp neck). This is without any arp gems in my actual furious bits as im undecided what to go, i was expecting extreme damage what i got was decent.

Granted i haven't tried it in arenas but the lack of snares/utility just makes me feel without a rogue locking down your target its gonna be hard to deal dmg. Maybe i was expecting unhealable dmg which most classes seem to be able to do right now..

I can play a few setups war/dk/xx hunt/dk/xx or lock/dk/xx is it really worth spending a shit load of money to be able to play blood in those setups? So far as unholy its been shocking bad wether thats me or the hunter who lacks arena exp (we are at good mmr) im not sure..

But basically im willing to change if its worth it

#182 Kharrex

Kharrex
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

Well, i realized blood isnt "that" spec for me, but imo it isnt worth to spec it.

With warrior - here maybe, tbh i played it only last ssn as unholy, prolly its still the best.

With hunter - go unholy. if u play with survival, it provides you much more peel for your hunter, if BM, u will do no dmg while your hunter has BW.

With wlock - pretty same like with hunter, but unholy/affli is pretty cool, i played some arenas at the end of last ssn and you'll easily beat nearly everything. But u need a lot of disease damage, peel for your wlock with chains, so unholy is the way.

so, blood isnt worth to go imo.

I hope it helps a bit.

#183 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

With hunter - go unholy. if u play with survival, it provides you much more peel for your hunter, if BM, u will do no dmg while your hunter has BW.

You sure? We were considering trying it. As Pala/DK/hunter: BoF for DK, 10 sec duration Master's Call for DK, not dispellable.. hmm.. If you rotate BoF and Master's Call it may have potential.

#184 Kharrex

Kharrex
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:17 AM

ye, well, but as i said, there are 2 problems. If u play with BM, u'll get cc'd hard while u pop BW. And if paly use freedom on you, your damage will really suck as blood.

#185 mav1234

mav1234
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:33 AM

why would your damage really suck as blood once you got freedom?

#186 Kharrex

Kharrex
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:36 AM

ah, i mistaked sorry. I mean, if your pally use freedom on hunter, you will have problems to get on your target. Ofc - i didnt try it, but i see that difference.

#187 mav1234

mav1234
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:49 AM

Ahh! I still think Unholy is best with BM because gargoyle and dots and the second pet stun... plus, BM takes care of cloth as it is. IMO, you want as much magic outo f the DK as you can get.

#188 Samurro

Samurro
  • Junkies

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

I am not sure about how much spell penetration a Blood DK should have. Partial DC resists do suck, but most of the damage and burst comes through HS and DS.

Any good suggestions?
Frost since Season 5.

#189 Veneilas

Veneilas
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:49 AM

i like my spec. its 52/rest/0 w/ icy talons. i figure virulence isnt really worth the 3 talents simply because either you are pressuring them so hard they cant dispel or youre against a shaman and virulence is not so great, especially since as blood youre very dependant on your runes. There is nothing really impressive in unholy tree. Necrosis == Icy talons but icy talons gives more/faster runestrikes. i lol so hard when a rogue is attacking me and my return dmg is so high that he has to run away, even when hes using evasion. i might move the pts from scent of blood though, dps usually doesnt sit on me as much as my partners. But i figure anything other would kinda be not worth it. Sudden doom is actually not bad for 3 talents, its def free talents but i end up using DS alot more for the kills than HS.

I dont know how any DK can play in blood presence, its so slow :/. I did play as a rogue in vanilla so I guess I'm too used to having fast gcd's etc. I dont think I wouldve killed the targets I did if i wasnt in Unholy Presence.

I end up killing them in with 4 ds and 4 hs with hysteria and drb.

it worked with a voldrethar/t2 weapon... Sure as hell works with a justicebringer t2 roflroflroflrofl

#190 Veneilas

Veneilas
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:51 AM

I am not sure about how much spell penetration a Blood DK should have. Partial DC resists do suck, but most of the damage and burst comes through HS and DS.

Any good suggestions?

i go with just 35 on cape. i use a nightmare tear instead for my blue and the 21 agi meta.

im prob gonna go all str til 35 arp after i get real gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<