• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1423
  • 3v3: 1863
  • RBG: 2226

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:11 AM

In what way? XD

Few major points:
1) There's like 8 bars for everything in Afflicted3 used on default settings, its very clunky and uses up 50% of your screen. Unless of course you spend about an hour redirecting every bar to one or two bars, but with the amount of screenshots and videos I see of arena players with an unlocked Gladius, I highly doubt anybody will spend more than 10 seconds setting up Afflicted.

2) To add a new spell is like trying to do brain surgery with a fork. The creator decided that it would be technically easier for the user if he made every spell under their own classes, which is more of a hassle than anything. Even when you do find the spell you want to change, the options are in like 3 different menus.

3) The dispel notifications was removed in Afflicted3, for whatever reason. There was another addon created to replace the removal of it. WHY? Who the hell wants to manage 2 addons when you can have 1 that does everything.

I downloaded v3 a few days ago to see if anything changed, and nope.. I installed it and couldn't even find where anything was. Un-hiding the bars made absolutely nothing appear (I even made sure to remove all Afflicted SavedVariables which could possibly cause confusion with the 2 different versions). I even told the creator a few weeks after he came out with V3 how horrible it is, and he called me a moron basically. Post is here, scroll down for his reply.

#142 Shadowed

Shadowed
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:32 AM

As per our convo online, just responding to this anyway:

1) This was changed in the last month or two, /afflicted ui -> Spells will let you mass move spells from anchor A to anchor B, or you can simply redirect everything from one anchor to another in /afflicted ui -> Anchors

2) Rather confusing on this one, you don't actually have to use the spell categories tab it's just a way to quickly find a spell without going through the list but you can still click on the main spells list and find things that way like you could in Afflicted2.

3) Because borg addons that do everything in one are a bad thing, it was originally supposed to be removed with Afflicted3 but I ran out of time to split it off. It wasn't that uncommon to have people using Afflicted3 but disabling everything but the interrupts and dispel alerts which is silly. Ultimately if people can't spend the extra 10s going into a new window, then they don't deserve to use addons that I've put more time than I want to think into for free.

In general Afflicted3 could be better I'm certainly not going to argue this, but I flat out don't have the time or motivation to rewrite it all again as doing so would literally mean spending 2 - 6 weeks working out the perfect configuration that is easier to use and that's not including recoding and implementing it.

#143 Ghingis

Ghingis
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

Carried by awesome mage :(

#144 rhaveh

rhaveh
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:48 AM

As per our convo online, just responding to this anyway:

1) This was changed in the last month or two, /afflicted ui -> Spells will let you mass move spells from anchor A to anchor B, or you can simply redirect everything from one anchor to another in /afflicted ui -> Anchors

2) Rather confusing on this one, you don't actually have to use the spell categories tab it's just a way to quickly find a spell without going through the list but you can still click on the main spells list and find things that way like you could in Afflicted2.

3) Because borg addons that do everything in one are a bad thing, it was originally supposed to be removed with Afflicted3 but I ran out of time to split it off. It wasn't that uncommon to have people using Afflicted3 but disabling everything but the interrupts and dispel alerts which is silly. Ultimately if people can't spend the extra 10s going into a new window, then they don't deserve to use addons that I've put more time than I want to think into for free.

In general Afflicted3 could be better I'm certainly not going to argue this, but I flat out don't have the time or motivation to rewrite it all again as doing so would literally mean spending 2 - 6 weeks working out the perfect configuration that is easier to use and that's not including recoding and implementing it.

hey how do I download his version of afflicted 2 where everything is all clean and simple?

#145 That'dBeMe

That'dBeMe
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Deathwing
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

i got afflicted 2, could you be so kind and upload the file? :o
Posted Image
Spoiler

#146 Shadowed

Shadowed
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

Afflicted2 is dead, I am not redistributing it and people who are distributing it are breaking the license. Keep in mind pissing off the author who you expect to continue maintaining mods is a bad idea, and that odds are Afflicted2 will break come 4.0 regardless.

#147 That'dBeMe

That'dBeMe
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Deathwing
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

rofl dont rage over nothing man, its uncool, were free to use this older version for as long as it works arent we, im just asking for him to upload the 8 config text files to me since i liked his setup and i really cant be arsed to redo them
Posted Image
Spoiler

#148 Grombringal

Grombringal
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

Just use Afflicted3 you damn wankers

#149 Decisive

Decisive
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

Bilian, I recorded with wegame on hd before, but when i tried to open the file i would always get a windows error. Did you ever encounter this? Or does anyone know how to fix this?

#150 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

Afflicted2 is dead, I am not redistributing it and people who are distributing it are breaking the license. Keep in mind pissing off the author who you expect to continue maintaining mods is a bad idea, and that odds are Afflicted2 will break come 4.0 regardless.

Then don't make Afflicted3 take up so much space that people who previously liked using it, stopped because its worse than the previous one.

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

#151 Abdoom

Abdoom
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

I don't get the issue w/ afflicted 3, I've set it up so that it does exactly what 2 did and its easier to customize with less buggy icons like the old tremor totem problem.

#152 Abni

Abni
  • Junkies

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:40 AM

I don't get the issue w/ afflicted 3, I've set it up so that it does exactly what 2 did and its easier to customize with less buggy icons like the old tremor totem problem.

i dont even like afflicted addons, i find "interrupt icons" a much better addon
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<