#41 undisputedd

undisputedd
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:50 AM

I'm sure this has been posted but didn't see it. What's everyone planning on running in 3.2? I messed around with Rogue/Priest/DK last night without much luck. Then again, i've played with mostly pallies/hunter dps and a druid in Season 6 so I'm not used to rogue. My two good friends (Ret Pally and a Druid) want to do 3s and they both will be Glad this season too. Is that combo still viable in 3.2?

I'm rolling DW frostdk rogue priest. It's a fun and crazy comp. I'm surpised so many ppl are still rolling TSG and druid cleaves.. wizardcleaves are going to crush them next season

#42 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:54 AM

I'm rolling DW frostdk rogue priest. It's a fun and crazy comp. I'm surpised so many ppl are still rolling TSG and druid cleaves.. wizardcleaves are going to crush them next season

Yeah I was most likely going to be running this comp as well as DW frost.

#43 Xarthas

Xarthas
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Die Todeskrallen
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

Why should they crush'em? Oo

#44 Wibang

Wibang
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1512
  • 3v3: 856
  • 5v5: 766
  • RBG: 1851

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:04 PM

dk hunter pal win

#45 Reisha

Reisha
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

mh do you guys think dk lock pala will be competitive? since i'm not sure if palas fit that well into that comp and blood will probably be the way to go.
so we will give unholy/affi/pala a shot but maybe blood dk/affi or destro could work too? :|

#46 mav1234

mav1234
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:49 AM

mh do you guys think dk lock pala will be competitive? since i'm not sure if palas fit that well into that comp and blood will probably be the way to go.
so we will give unholy/affi/pala a shot but maybe blood dk/affi or destro could work too? :|

You can definitely make dk/lock/pal work. I wondered about Frost/Destro actually, because the destruction lock's CoE will benefit frost strike :P Of course, there's also the fact that HC with the high burst of destro is probably pretty sweet.

Either way, aff/unholy/pallie works, and plenty of teams ran it last season.

#47 undisputedd

undisputedd
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:38 AM

Why should they crush'em? Oo

pretty much no way to get away from a good frost dk rogue as a caster, especially with a priest dispel spamming attempts to peel/cc. Double kick + blanket cs and we are all very hard classes to outright gib.

Going to be a fun season, it is...

#48 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:56 AM

pretty much no way to get away from a good frost dk rogue as a caster, especially with a priest dispel spamming attempts to peel/cc. Double kick + blanket cs and we are all very hard classes to outright gib.

Going to be a fun season, it is...

I get 100%-0 all the time in 3 globals, when are we hard to kill?

#49 mav1234

mav1234
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:01 AM

I get 100%-0 all the time in 3 globals, when are we hard to kill?

This only ever happens to me with warlock and another DPS (either mage or rogue)... and even then it's pretty rare.

I did take 3 consecutive 8k crits from an arcane mage and warlock in the span of 4 seconds against a wizardcleave though, lol. Dks are probably the class most equipped to deal with that kind of damage though, so not really complaining.

#50 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:55 AM

hunter, dk & healer is strong as ever

but i thought hunters were useless because people say so?

#51 Nashilol

Nashilol
  • Junkies

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

gonna play same as last season.

DK/hunter/pala

But the hunter are going to play MM or surival instead of BM.

Otherwise do I think dk/pala/warrior will be good this season to.

#52 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

This only ever happens to me with warlock and another DPS (either mage or rogue)... and even then it's pretty rare.

I did take 3 consecutive 8k crits from an arcane mage and warlock in the span of 4 seconds against a wizardcleave though, lol. Dks are probably the class most equipped to deal with that kind of damage though, so not really complaining.

I understand we can counter it sometimes, but we're not as hard to take down as people try and make it sound.

#53 Angus

Angus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

hey guys, what do you think of lock dk druid? viable enough for #1?

affly , unh ofc !

/discuss

Its a bit Neilyo to ask of someone, but grounding a shadowfury

Angus, Bring on the Thunder!

#54 mav1234

mav1234
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

hey guys, what do you think of lock dk druid? viable enough for #1?

affly , unh ofc !

/discuss

depends on the BG. Serennia got #1 on Whirlwind, but... well, it is Whirlwind. Love my BG, but it isn't know for it's amazing competitiveness. :P

#55 Nitestrike

Nitestrike
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:28 PM

depends on the BG. Serennia got #1 on Whirlwind, but... well, it is Whirlwind. Love my BG, but it isn't know for it's amazing competitiveness. :P

It's getting more competitive lately. Quite a few good PvP'ers transferred to Hyjal last season.

#56 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

I kinda wanna try blood 3s, Blood DK Priest Rogue be just as viable as frost dual wield?

#57 mav1234

mav1234
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

I kinda wanna try blood 3s, Blood DK Priest Rogue be just as viable as frost dual wield?

dk of any spec with a rogue and priest is a good cleave comp. One reason people go with frost is that the rogue helps its main weakness (sticking to a target) while having great synergy with it's greatest strength (CC). basically, force a trinket from blind/hc and you get another long duration CC shortly after... of course you don't use it right away, but they are both on fairly short CDs so =)

#58 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

dk of any spec with a rogue and priest is a good cleave comp. One reason people go with frost is that the rogue helps its main weakness (sticking to a target) while having great synergy with it's greatest strength (CC). basically, force a trinket from blind/hc and you get another long duration CC shortly after... of course you don't use it right away, but they are both on fairly short CDs so =)

Yeah I know, I've ran it before as blood and hit like 2300 with a priest with a touch pad. But I wasn't sure how it played now. I know Hysteria + TotT and DRW makes for some insane burst.

#59 Angus

Angus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

the only down side is that cleaves will cleave your priest faster than your dk / rogue will = gg

Its a bit Neilyo to ask of someone, but grounding a shadowfury

Angus, Bring on the Thunder!

#60 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

the only down side is that cleaves will cleave your priest faster than your dk / rogue will = gg

We usually go on a DPS in a cleave team or even a caster cleave to prevent insane burst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<