Photo

2x Rogue, how to beat?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Remixx

Remixx
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:35 PM

Me (Frostmage) and my warlock friend 24/37/0 specc just got nailed by 2 rogues and it all went so fast we really didnt stand a chance, my friend got stunlocked (did use pvp trinket) and I tried to nova/slow them but they popped Clos, trinkets, etc. We just got totaly dominated and didnt stand a chance (note we are at 1700 rating don't have alot of resilience yet (+/- 100 ;P ) and both have ~10k hp
Any tips would be apreciated

#2 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:20 AM

Me (Frostmage) and my warlock friend 24/37/0 specc just got nailed by 2 rogues and it all went so fast we really didnt stand a chance, my friend got stunlocked (did use pvp trinket) and I tried to nova/slow them but they popped Clos, trinkets, etc. We just got totaly dominated and didnt stand a chance (note we are at 1700 rating don't have alot of resilience yet (+/- 100 ;P ) and both have ~10k hp

Burst one down as quickly as possible, is all I can think of, double rogue teams are gimmick teams that don't hold up in the 1900+ brackets so if you and your warlock friend are really good you won't have to worry about that combo when you get up in ratings.
Posted Image

#3 Teirisias

Teirisias
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:41 AM

Best defense against rogues is more resilience and stam, bar none. Double rogue teams do well at the lower brackets because of low hp and low resil opponents. Since they're going after your lock friend first, use the water elemental to shatter combo one, which will likely bring him down to very low health. Make sure to use trinket/ice block early to get out of any blinds/saps they use (if you can trinket out of sap and nova immediately, you can put them at a huge disadvantage right at the start), it's almost guaranteed that they'll kill the warlock in the gear that he has, so use his death to lure out as many cooldowns as possible and hopefully kill one of them. If you can get it to a 1v1 against an unstealthed rogue before your lock dies, you should be able to kite him fairly easily.

#4 Evinizm

Evinizm
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Bonechewer
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

Sheep one of the rogues and death coil one. Have your warlock put full dots on both of them before he dies and you'll be golden. Rogues have no escape method outside of cloak of shadows and once that's down. The dots will just eat him up fast.

#5 Iceweaver

Iceweaver
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:12 AM

As a frost mage this should be an easy win.
I am guessing what happens every time is that they zerg your lock friend kill him, vanish and come back for you.

Have him DoT both of them and then just try to stay alive, drain life... howl of terror... run, kite, whatever.

You frost nova as much as possible to keep them off him and you shoudl be fine.
ema

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<