#1 Trikk

Trikk
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:43 AM

Elemental is getting nerfed... heavily it seems.

Enhancement, while getting some small buffs, aren't getting any of our concerns adressed (no cc, no escape, low hp).

Now I'm at a crossroad where I have to decide if I should stick to enhancement or purchase an elemental set. I get like most of you ~1k pts a weeks so unless 2.3 comes out soonish I'll have to start buying s2 gear. I'm worthless at main healing and don't really find it exciting enough to learn.

Some questions I want to ask the shaman PvP community...

Enhancement shaman:

- Are you staying enhancement?
- How do you predict enhancement playstyle and cookie cutter will change?

Elemental shaman:

- Are you staying elemental?
Posted Image

#2 Twopointo

Twopointo
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:24 AM

The LB / CL nerf hopefully won't be that bad... I wouldn't make any game breaking decisions till we have a PTR online. Either way, enhancement will never be vialbe in 5v5 with a decently high team. I'll be staying ele unless it's 1/2 the DPS as before.
Founder of the Arena Rating Service.

#3 Alef

Alef
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:45 AM

At least if you'r oom and can't regen you can swap a 2 hand and smash that clothie with WF! or not..

Many shammies did not take LO or went 37/0/24 ans such.

LO proced like once every one week. Loosing 100 damage maybe per bolt will not be gamebreaking i think for elem sham in arenas if you have a 20 % to proc a 500 bolt than can crit.

So what will it be like? Less extra lucky burst that killed that guy but anyway can't rely on it.
And now more controlable burst as il will more more often.

Look a double crit will be like 2200 + 1000 = around 3000 on a bolt and il will go often.

When you'll NS/EM/CL and that target is at 5 % just gor a bop, you got 20 % chance that a bolt go thru it to finish him off.

Well we'll see on ptr but i'm sure it will be better.

And maybe if shamans whine enough they will reverse the Coeff nerf and keep LO change? xd

#4 Trikk

Trikk
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:06 PM

The LB / CL nerf hopefully won't be that bad... I wouldn't make any game breaking decisions till we have a PTR online. Either way, enhancement will never be vialbe in 5v5 with a decently high team. I'll be staying ele unless it's 1/2 the DPS as before.

Enhancement is viable right now in 5v5, although you require BT gear to stay even with PvP geared people, it's perfectly doable to reach 2300+. I'm worried that they won't be viable after patch since every counter class to enhancement is getting buffed while enhancement is more or less getting PvE buffs.

I might've rushed it with the elemental nerf whine but it's still going to affect the burst a lot. And yes, many elemental shamans spec LO because of the small chance of a great deal of burst. 40/0/21 is 1/4 of the top 150 shamans in the world after all. Part of the concern voiced by the community so far has been that Blizzard says this is an increase in DPS when all math/theorycrafting has shown that it's wrong.

I'll definitely hit the PTRs once they are up to see if my worries are justified, though it feels like this patch will get rushed due to the fact that the instance is complete and raiders are anxious for new content. Best case scenario I'm completely wrong and both elemental and enhancement are getting buffed in PvP, even more so than the counters are.
Posted Image

#5 Morick

Morick
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Elune
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:17 PM

I'm very excited to see how LO will work out in 2.3. I think it could certainly add a heavy element of burst, just that it's completely unreliable.

#6 buena

buena
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:49 PM

With the introduction of 33% +healing translating to damage, I just don't see why most teams would want an elemental shaman over a resto one. Between that change and Nature's Blessing talent, a resto shaman will only have maybe 150-200 less spellpower than a ele shaman. They'll be giving up half a second off lightning and CL, some range, some damage on crits, and elemental mastery. But they gain earthshield, a ton of healing effectiveness and mana persistance for the whole team.

If your role on your team was mostly purge / shock with some lightning dps or included much spot healing at all I think you'd clearly do better as resto now. Only if your team had you sitting there mashing lightning all fight and relied on always gibbing someone fast does ele still look appropriate.

#7 Maintain

Maintain
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Smolderthorn
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

Enhance even in BT gear isn't great for pvp, our shaman Flamehornn has all the BT gear he could want but in pvp we make him spec resto. As a joke we tried playing with him as enhance in 3s and he dies way too easy in BT gear because of lack of res and stam.

#8 Alef

Alef
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:12 PM

Hmmm
In the basic 2345 an elem sham can:

1: Burst down someone with assist focus in few seconds.
2: Have a sustained dps the whole match.
3: Purge/interupt.

Now what you gonna do? Switch the priest and bring another dps class? Run 3 healers with resto/elem sham 21/0/40?

I dont see what could really change as if he takes the role of a dps he will not be able to fill his 1 and 2 r

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<