Photo

Regarding Patch 2.2 and the BoF and BoSac nerfs.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 TurranMC

TurranMC
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 766

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:16 AM

So, pretty much it's gonna be lock/druid, mage/rogue at the top next season.

I keep hearing about these combos, but I've yet to see them in real action. Currently, there's only one warlock + healer team in my BG's top 10, and that's my team (pally + lock).

I don't think I've ever seen mage/rogue, but it sounds completely awful.

The people completely dominating 2v2 right now, according to

http://www.geekboys....ll/all/all/all/

are druid + warrior. Check it out. It's something like 6 out of the top 10 2v2 teams in the world are druid + warrior.

Mage/Rogue is the number one or two team on my battlegroup. Armory "Arakyl"
Respect & Honor

#22 Gannon

Gannon
  • Junkies

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:43 AM

NOTE: I haven't read the whole thread, don't know if this has been mentioned before.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they increase the amount of cooldown the talent decreased as well?

#23 Soru

Soru
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Smolderthorn
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:28 PM

This nerf is seriously really huge especially for my 5s team. We run a Spriest / Aff lock / Resto shaman/ warrior/ me (paladin) and our squishies go down really fast so I use Sac to not only keep myself un-CCable but to mitigate the massive amounts of damage they take. Since we have 3 possible targets that are in danger (the warrior too if it's a 4 DPS team) Sac has saved their lives numerous times and since they can switch targets easily it would really hurt to have Sac on a 1m CD.

When I first heard about the 1m CD I thought it was a typo or something, like people have said going from 0-> 1 m without changing it in any other way is ridiculous. If they perhaps made it last 1m or have the CD 20 sec or something that would be reasonable even though it'd still hurt. I'm not sure about the freedom thing I think that they were also increasing the amount the talent reduced the cooldown so the gap isn't as big for those specced for it.

#24 TurranMC

TurranMC
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:55 PM

NOTE: I haven't read the whole thread, don't know if this has been mentioned before.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they increase the amount of cooldown the talent decreased as well?

As far as I can tell they actually reduced the amount the talent decreases it by by 1 second. So not only is the cooldown on the actual ability 5 seconds longer, but the duration on it is 1 second shorter.
Respect & Honor

#25 Demonized

Demonized

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:38 PM

Out of curiosity... isn't this something that people said was OP -last- season?

I don't see too many high rated teams with paladin in 2v2s or 3v3s anymore.. so I don't quite understand what's up with the 6month delay in "fixing" things that don't need "fixing"
Also Playing:
Posted Image

#26 Hulknasty

Hulknasty
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Protection 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1818
  • 3v3: 1682

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:17 AM

Out of curiosity... isn't this something that people said was OP -last- season?

I don't see too many high rated teams with paladin in 2v2s or 3v3s anymore.. so I don't quite understand what's up with the 6month delay in "fixing" things that don't need "fixing"

My paladin just switched to resto druid because he is tired of being useless vs. teams with combinations of S Priest/Affliction Lock/Resto Druid/Rogue in 3's. =/

Rollercoasting between 2150-2350 depending on teams playing is stressful.
TEAM NASTY

#27 Injunfeller

Injunfeller
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:14 AM

i think blizzard totally caved to cry babies.

Warrior/Paladin is one of the more simpler combo's that can push you to a decent rating but it hardly can get you to the top. One, exactly ONE missed pummel can kill this combo, or some other event where one ability could have made the difference.

Against high quality players it's very easy to pick this combo apart and absolutely demolish this type of a team. The only reason people whine about it is cause they haven't taken the time to either understand how to beat this combo, they lack the knowledge, or just lack some other skill set. For the most part this combo, like i said, can easily be defeated by a lot of high caliber, skilled teams.

If you want to talk easy mode, just put a druid on your team and watch the rating go up all thanks to the most over powered and imbalanced CC in the game.

#28 Demonized

Demonized

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

If you want to talk easy mode, just put a druid on your team and watch the rating go up all thanks to the most over powered and imbalanced CC in the game.

Lies! It's obviously Warlocks, and Warriors that are overpowered!

4 out of 10 top 10 teams have a warlock.. 3 out of 10 have warriors!
Oh wait.. 10 of 10 have druids..
Also Playing:
Posted Image

#29 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:26 PM

To get the thread back on topic, I haven't noticed a huge hit from bos nerf, haven't ran up against many teams with offensive dispells yet though this week. Freedom I am noticingly(sp) pretty big.

#30 Demonized

Demonized

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:51 PM

BoS is 30 sec, not a minute. yey
Also Playing:
Posted Image

#31 TurranMC

TurranMC
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:45 AM

To get the thread back on topic, I haven't noticed a huge hit from bos nerf, haven't ran up against many teams with offensive dispells yet though this week. Freedom I am noticingly(sp) pretty big.

With BoS at 30 seconds I really haven't noticed it much at all. It has had a negative impact, but it has not been a big enough impact for me to worry too much. BoF nerf is pretty annoying, but so far it hasn't troubled me that much as well. I've only done 3v3s so far tho. Plan to take my 5v5 2k+ tommorow(after sleeping the whole season) so we'll see how it goes.
Respect & Honor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<