#41 NeKrozZ

NeKrozZ
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:01 PM

So because tree druids are mindless, that justifies the state of prot paladins? They shouldn't even exist in arena.

this

i hope they make it so that if u spec more then 21 pts into prot you get ur spell power reduced by 75% >:]
Posted Image

Posted Image

stop being slow

WHATTSUP FRESH, ITS OUR TURN BABY

http://www.youtube.c...laynext_from=QL

#42 Hammertiim

Hammertiim
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Demon Soul
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:28 AM

Things to note...
1. Any priest posting here has ALWAYS been competetive to rank 1 in at least 1-2 brackets.
2. Resto druids for healing in 2s. Remember Seasons2-4? Let us live in glory for a little your just being rediculous.
3. Holy Paladin now requires the most skill to keep your mana up with our mana nerfs so it isn't "REALLY FUCKING GOOD" just good.
4. For anyone that thinks Prot/Holy is OP then why isn't it in the top 5 in any bracket?...o wait cus anyone with skill can counter it?
Sota fresh 80
Posted Image

#43 Dante

Dante
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSarajevo

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:30 AM

There are plenty of protholy DK teams sitting on rank 1

And rofl, protholy takes skill to keep up with mana with an undispellable and refreshable divine plea? Get real.

#44 Lozeh

Lozeh
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2201

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:44 AM

Things to note...
1. Any priest posting here has ALWAYS been competetive to rank 1 in at least 1-2 brackets.
2. Resto druids for healing in 2s. Remember Seasons2-4? Let us live in glory for a little your just being rediculous.
3. Holy Paladin now requires the most skill to keep your mana up with our mana nerfs so it isn't "REALLY FUCKING GOOD" just good.
4. For anyone that thinks Prot/Holy is OP then why isn't it in the top 5 in any bracket?...o wait cus anyone with skill can counter it?

Sorry, but what?
Ah nvm Prot paladin. Clueless at 2,3k.

#45 hugmepls

hugmepls
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Nera'thor
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:29 AM

And rofl, protholy takes skill to keep up with mana with an undispellable and refreshable divine plea? Get real.

l2read.

he said HOLY paladin now requires the most skill to keep your mana up.
Posted Image

#46 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:36 AM

Saying any class was powerful or weak at any point is not a valid reason for why your class should not be balanced now.

The reason prot is usually bad in 3s, while druids aren't, is that they can't heal multiple people at a time, can't really pre-heal someone, and all their weaknesses multiply as the number of opponents increase, since there is more CC and lockouts to deal with.

Prot is completely retarded in 2s though. Unless you go prot dps, which is pretty good, but not retardedly OP.

#47 hugmepls

hugmepls
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Nera'thor
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

still it is quite easy to counter them cause prots have to stand still to cast, aura mastery being buggy etc.

I dont like the fact that prot is better for healing that holy either but its sad that holy is less fun to play for me than prot. And the fact that many paladins feel this way shows that holy kinda needs to be changed, I dont say buffed but changed somehow.
Posted Image

#48 Dodo

Dodo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

Sorry, but what?
Ah nvm Prot paladin. Clueless at 2,3k.

And you? clueless at 2.2k? ;D

#49 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:30 AM

still it is quite easy to counter them cause prots have to stand still to cast, aura mastery being buggy etc.

Standing still to cast doesn't matter. I can land ever single kick/pummel/mind freeze, on every CD, and nothing should die. Between sacred shield absorption and the FoL hot, there's no chance of actually killing someone who isn't retarded, and they have a 2nd person on their team to assist if things get dicey. Aura mastery and bubble are just icing on the cake.

#50 hugmepls

hugmepls
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Nera'thor
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:10 AM

dispelling sacred shield is actually a valid option.
Posted Image

#51 Dodo

Dodo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

right, and there are acutally 2 non-pally-healer classes that can dispell it, while the third one is at the moment AGAIN just as imbalanced and lame as a prot/holy pally.

Use interrupt+dispell shield on the same time and the protpally has the option of either putting up a shield with his next global cooldown (which might not proc in time!) or start to heal, in which case he will not have the shield ready.

Bringing the FOL hot to the table is just ridiculous. The same whiners have been crying about this spec for WEEKS and the FOL hot is in there for just a week now.

Hell, my hunter manages to kill protpallys with some help from my side, so a DK and a warrior should be able to do it easily.

#52 Xessi

Xessi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents:
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

I've been playing some protection this season, I don't even like the spec, but it's so much more viable then deep holy atm. I'm glad Blizzard is fixing it.

There's 1 thing I'd like to say though, prot paladins can refresh their divine plea by just hitting a target but it still reduces your healing + there is wound poison and MS.(With 2.7k spell power as protection my FoLs heal 1.3kish with both MS/Plea up on my partner) So if you want to be able to keep it up for a while your partner will have to kite which can be quite hard - crippling, hamstring, CoI etc - freedom will get instantly dispelled by any decent priest or shaman and hamstring is uncleansable, I don't even try to dispell poison, since it gets reapplied within a second, and DKs have their descration.

Resto Druids can't dispell divine plea, but I've seen druids using NS Cyclone on me just to fuck up plea.

I know the spec is retarded and overpowered, but I just wanted to point this out ;P

Edit: HoJ helps a lot though to give your mate some kiting space, but again many healers dispell it pretty fast

#53 Noremac

Noremac
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dalaran
  • Stormstrike

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

Who cares, 2's are gone anyways.

#54 Maraboo

Maraboo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Proudmoore
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

We're going to need to deal with Prot Paladins for a couple of weeks. So instead of complaining, lets share tricks on how to beat Protadin teams.

I havent had tons of experience with this yet, so I'm basically counting on paladins and other experts to enlighten me here.

It seems to me like they're not going to be your first kill target since they're not an easy kill. So as a priest, will I basically be spam-dispelling our kill target and then burst during a CC chain on the paladin?

#55 Ansc

Ansc
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostwolf
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

The only "Achilles Heel" is the missing opportunity to cast instant Heals or Heals on multiple targets.
So you can pressure them hard (if they suck btw) if you tunnel him first, get him to ~70% switch to their partner and simultaneous lock some heals CC him and repeat. Or try to get his partner in a bad spot (behind pillar ...) and get a CC chain on him.

I don't like Prot Paladins because of this three facts:
- a ranged, magical (yeye undodgeable!), 6sec, instant, kidney shot (to compare with rogues who have to build up 5cp... with an 25sec cd) with an 20sec cd
- 3sec silence instant coupled with 5-6k crits on full furious gear
- the ability to wear full pve gear without hurting their survivalbility

#56 Xessi

Xessi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents:
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

We're going to need to deal with Prot Paladins for a couple of weeks. So instead of complaining, lets share tricks on how to beat Protadin teams.

I havent had tons of experience with this yet, so I'm basically counting on paladins and other experts to enlighten me here.

It seems to me like they're not going to be your first kill target since they're not an easy kill. So as a priest, will I basically be spam-dispelling our kill target and then burst during a CC chain on the paladin?

Rogue/Priest teams tend to kill me most of the times, with the priest being very offensive, and the rogue blowing all his CDs very early so it's hard for my DK to peel and to get any heal of, even if I fake every kick (kidney, vanish+garrote, gouge w/e) and I don't have any instant heals.
I always bubble at 50ish% on a kidney cause mass dispell ftl^^

#57 Maxone

Maxone
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eldre'Thalas
  • Reckoning

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:58 PM

I play feral/prot, it sounds strange but resto shaman/rogue and priest/rogue tend to give us huge trouble. A note about the rogues, they are excellent and controlling and putting huge pressure on my druid. And the shamans/priests are right on the ball on dispelling sacred shield and freedom immediately. And the shamans also focus interupt me repeatedly, and keep grounding totem down when I come near them.

I actually OOM against resto/rogue, I can't divine plea, too much pressure. I'm on my partner non stop, cleansing, FoL'ing or sacred shielding every single global, I can't get them back to full. We rely so heavily on sacred shield for critical heals and damage absorption.

#58 Rydaer

Rydaer
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:04 AM

except you can kill a druid in a quick swap in 2s/3s if the planets are aligned right. And its a wensday on June while your sister is banging her Boyfriend in her room with the dog watching.

I just love your signature yo. :o

#59 Flithbrin

Flithbrin
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

i want to heal as feral

#60 Arklari

Arklari
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:58 AM

Because the best spec for healing not being the healing spec doesn't make an ounce of sense.

That's like, take a healing druid. But give Feral a talent that lets him always stay in bear form, with bear form HP, and let him cast healing spells in bear form. However, he has two trinkets, and if that's not enough he has "I WIN NOT DIE NOW" button called "Aura Mastery", which completely makes him immune to interrupts/silences. Additionally, he never runs out of mana because he can afford to divine plea at 75% mana and be back to full in no time. And lower the cooldown of bash, and make it have like a 25 yard range. Now, combine that with more utility like JoJ, JoW if his partner is a caster. And you have an OP combo, which shouldn't even exist as it is an abomination.

Not to mention he has (60-70%? Never actually played a plate class) armor w/ shield. Plus resilience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<