#1 Maxone

Maxone
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eldre'Thalas
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:54 AM

I read the thread on general forums where even druids are saying ridiculous things (complaining about a 3 second silence every 30, god forbid something stops them from casting a spammable cyclone, or have the abilitiy to burst them at low health without all their instant heals).

I mean a 3 second silence is pretty pathetic in the grand scheme of things. As a pally obviously I'm hurt more by silences then any other healer. I spec improved concentration aura even though it doesn't even work (all interupts are still full duration, even with conc aura up, I've even been CS'd through aura mastery full duration with concentration aura active).

Do people really thing this spec is that bad? I looked at SK gaming most popular 2v2, you see resto in 2nd at 14.7%, disc in 3rd at 9.9% and prot in 5th at 7.4%. So even though the entire community thinks its so overpowered, resto druids are basically still twice as good.

Holy isn't far behind prot, if you add the 2 specs together I suppose paladins become the best PVP healers since those 2 specs are combined. But prot alone by itself is lower then resto and disc.

Then the complaints about 20 second hammer. "Waah its so annoying". Know what else is annoying? Cyclone spam.

I admit the spec has overpowered flash of lights, and maybe a 20 second stun is too much. But if I say anything like "spammable cyclone is just fucking retarded", nobody will take me seriously because I play prot.

Honestly the one good thing about the nerf is I'll play holy, maybe people will take our opinions a little more seriously and hop off the bandwagon. Especially since next season holy will plummet to the lowest represented healing spec in arena, I bet it will go 3x lower the resto druids and 2x lower then resto shamans.

#2 Getpist

Getpist
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:57 AM

Tl;dr
Druids are not that good, only vs tunnel vision garbage.
Prot>Priests>Druids>Shamans
You can't justify anything.

No...You can't.

#3 Maxone

Maxone
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eldre'Thalas
  • Reckoning

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:59 AM

Druids are not that good

k

Prot>Priests>Druids>Shamans

And where do you pull this BS from?

#4 Priestey1994

Priestey1994

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:02 AM

Only reason you don't realize how good prot is, is because you're incapable of playing it as it's slight harder than last seasons fotm repent spec, and DK pally isn't as good as it was.

#5 Maxone

Maxone
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eldre'Thalas
  • Reckoning

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:05 AM

Only reason you don't realize how good prot is, is because you're incapable of playing it as it's slight harder than last seasons fotm repent spec, and DK pally isn't as good as it was.

Watch holy will plummet to worst healer next season.

It will be druid, shaman, priest, paladin.

We weren't even half as competitive as resto druids and the nerfs came already.

#6 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:08 AM

Holy is really fucking good right now. It's just that prot is even better.

It isn't a 3 second silence on a 30 second CD.

It's a 6 sec stun on a 20 second CD, a 3 sec silence on a 30 sec CD that also does a large amount of damage, the difficulty of ooming you, and the fact that it's virtually impossible to kill someone who FoLs for 10k, gets a hot, has sacredshield, has plate armor, and 30k+ hp.

It's mindless trash.

#7 Maxone

Maxone
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eldre'Thalas
  • Reckoning

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:14 AM

Mines crits for 6.5k on extremely squishy people. I have maybe 23% crit, people have resil to lower chance to crit even more.

End result = 3.2k damage attack on a 30 second cooldown. Also requires a major glyph slot, or you can cut that damage in half. Every healer has more damage then this.

Ghoul stun, intercept stun, ks, maim, HoJ from partner, shadowfury, all possible partners you can play with, shared DR on HoJ anyways. Give me cyclone over 20 second HoJ any day of the week, hell I'll take hex or pscream over HoJ.

#8 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

I'll take a mindlessly powerful unkillable FoL-spamming machine over a mediocre druid any day. Only one of the two takes more than a bit of talent to play properly.

#9 hugmepls

hugmepls
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Nera'thor
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:34 AM

yo hot rolling n chillin in da tree form takes skill dawg!
Posted Image

#10 Kesk

Kesk
  • Kesk
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Mazrigos
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:51 AM

So because tree druids are mindless, that justifies the state of prot paladins? They shouldn't even exist in arena.

#11 hugmepls

hugmepls
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Nera'thor
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:11 AM

cant remember justifieing the state of prot paladins :confused:
Posted Image

#12 Akra

Akra
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:51 AM

ot, has sacredshield, has plate armor, and 30k+ hp.

this. Its fucking amazing to sit there and know that your just going to have to pray to the rng gods for something to happen in your favor

#13 Remindlol

Remindlol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

protholy is fine amirite

try killing SOMETHING in a double healer warrior/dk setup with a prot paladin/rdruid healing

#14 Dodo

Dodo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

My hunter and moonkin manage to kill something against protpally/rdruid. In 3s the spec is really not OP, in 2s it's ridiculous, I agree. :) (but still I play it, hahahaha :D)

#15 Lozeh

Lozeh
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2201

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

The prot spec for HEALING is retarded.
Simple as that.
PS: I have played easily +600games over 2k rating, and so far I have seen only ONE prot paladin fakecasting, and he was at 2,1k. Prot paladin takes skills.

#16 aidlest

aidlest
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 2363

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:07 PM

The prot spec for HEALING is retarded.
Simple as that.
PS: I have played easily +600games over 2k rating, and so far I have seen only ONE prot paladin fakecasting, and he was at 2,1k. Prot paladin takes skills.

You can get 2k without faking a single spell on any class.
But yea I think i've never seen prot pala fake a thing against me either :D

Funny how once me and my priest met another prot/arms team, the warrior d/c'ed, and it took us a few mins, an evo and a mana gem to kill the pala and he wasnt even LoSing us. After that he whispers us and was like "sup guys so how did you get 2200".
I felt better when we farmed the hell out of him next match

#17 Fluffyncute

Fluffyncute
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:30 PM

If a tanking spec can out dps or out heal dedicated dps/healing trees in pvp. It is wrong. Thats why prot warriors were "nerfed" in pvp. And prot pallys were "nerfed" a little in pvp as well. Next patch they will be nerfing them even harder and force pallys to go holy but buff holy.

#18 Fluffyncute

Fluffyncute
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:35 PM

You can get 2k without faking a single spell on any class.
But yea I think i've never seen prot pala fake a thing against me either :D

Funny how once me and my priest met another prot/arms team, the warrior d/c'ed, and it took us a few mins, an evo and a mana gem to kill the pala and he wasnt even LoSing us. After that he whispers us and was like "sup guys so how did you get 2200".
I felt better when we farmed the hell out of him next match

Fought a prot pally/feral druid on the TR. After we got a 20 sec CC/lockout on the prot pally. I killed the druid. The pally decides it will be fun to run around the boxes in darlaran (before 3.2) for 20 mins straight before we figured out how to kill the retard. After 20 mins of spamming sunders,overpowers,pummels,sheild bash,charge/intercept,etc. It just made me want to play Hello Kitty Fun Time Happy Island Adventure.

#19 Slantz

Slantz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:40 PM

Why the prot hate? Because you're specced all the way down the tanking tree, yet have the ability to heal ridiculous amounts. Not to mention 30sec silence + 20 second HoJ and basically never go OOM. It's retarded.

#20 Catastros

Catastros
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

yo hot rolling n chillin in da tree form takes skill dawg!

Yo dawg because spamming fol is hard I heard?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<