#21 Covertghost

Covertghost
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

yeah well you can't really say shit until druids are dominating the 2v2 bracket healing with 51 points in feral

Nah restokin of s3/s4 is almost EXACTLY the same as this.

That was never hotfixed.

#22 fatdude

fatdude
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:15 AM

Saw this post in that thread and it speaks volumes:

this build is much easier to beat than druids and priests have been in many seasons in 2s, and doesn't even function in 3s or 5s. Please keep this in perspective with your new "cave to the masses" balance approach.

Also, it isn't the fault of the prot tree that it is better at raw healing than holy: our holy tree, especially deep in, has been and always will be weak. This protheals build has become borderline ubiquitous because it can compete with the other healers and their insane mana regen capabilities. We aren't any happier than the rest of the community that prot out-competes holy in many aspects of pvp healing.

#23 Kalipto

Kalipto
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Auchindoun
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:15 AM

Nah restokin of s3/s4 is almost EXACTLY the same as this.

That was never hotfixed.

1. 27/0/34 = no 20 sec cd, no redic 5k instant move that silenced
2. restokin offered more dps as a healer, it also hurt yourself on healing
3. Not even close, prot holy is retarded in cc and healing AND survivability

#24 Kulg

Kulg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:24 AM

dont forget about your kidney shot that requires no setup and has the same cd. Plus sacred shield absorbing millions of damage due to the retarded spell power you get from this spec. Oh and did I mention infinite mana? fuck off kid you're terrible
My:druid:

#25 Stige

Stige
  • Stìgé
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:35 AM

Are you retarded?

you are trying to compare a s3/s4 restokin druid to protholy

you have a 20 sec hoj w/ spell interrupt

30 sec cd 3 sec silence + daze with stupid damage

Sorry protholy has it hard, hate to break it to ya

HoJ doesnt produce spell interrupt anymore.

And I believe most classes have the -30% Silence Duration (atleast Pallys and Priests) so its only 2 seconds.

But the damage portition is a bit absurb especially if you do Exo -> Avenger+Pyro Rocket.
Posted Image

#26 fatdude

fatdude
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

Yeah, I am pretty pissed that Paladins are repeatedly being forced to play straight Holy even though it is retardedly underpowered in arenas compared to every other healer. Do you think I like the fact that every season paladins have to find some new weirdo hybrid spec to be able to be competitive in arenas? Yeah I do wish I rolled a rogue or druid when wrath came out so I could be getting easy glad every season without worry.

#27 WACOO

WACOO
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

u can't compare restokin to protholy lol
Posted Image

#28 fatdude

fatdude
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:41 AM

lol you are prot holy with a dk and have a 60% win ratio and a 50% win ratio as cleave team in 3's?

thats how stupid your argument sounds, mouth breathing moron

You sure are an angry person... maybe you need to take a break from the game for a while guy before you end up like Billy Mays. A resto druid of all people trying to make fun of a paladin because we were overpowered for one season... what a hoot.

#29 Kalipto

Kalipto
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Auchindoun
  • Retaliation

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:42 AM

Yeah, I am pretty pissed that Paladins are repeatedly being forced to play straight Holy even though it is retardedly underpowered in arenas compared to every other healer. Do you think I like the fact that every season paladins have to find some new weirdo hybrid spec to be able to be competitive in arenas? Yeah I do wish I rolled a rogue or druid when wrath came out so I could be getting easy glad every season without worry.

Some people refer a challenge and a paladin is not the worst healer atm, you are still a competitive class in arenas.

#30 Breadstic

Breadstic
  • Meebz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Malfurion
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/1/0/0
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:44 AM

holy is op

#31 Kalipto

Kalipto
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Auchindoun
  • Retaliation

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:45 AM

You sure are an angry person... maybe you need to take a break from the game for a while guy before you end up like Billy Mays. A resto druid of all people trying to make fun of a paladin because we were overpowered for one season... what a hoot.

Don't bring billy into this, it would make Sully cry.
As you can see i am inactive on my resto druid, i actually play a shaman.
I'm not trying to make fun of you but your arguments are comparing the same as comparing a grapefruit to a apple.

#32 Kulg

Kulg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:46 AM

ONE season? LOL

#33 fatdude

fatdude
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:54 AM

You're right, I'm not a top-of-the-line player in Arenas but I'm intelligent (despite your inflammatory comments), quick, fully knowledgeable on pretty much everything in this game and am doing everything else I can be doing right (full keybinds / mods / macros / etc) and yet I still can't succeed because pure holy simply has zero offensive capabilities which translates to every game being either run OOM or falling victim to CC chains. Yes there are pure holy paladins at the top of the charts but those are pairings of two incredible players. This time I was able to reach gladiator level (albeit, barely so) without requiring an arena allstar partner, something no other healing class is forced to deal with (don't even try to tell me there aren't heaps and mounds of terrible druids/priests at the top that got there simply by being a druid/priest, or who just found a dk/warrior/rogue and carried them to the top the same way)

#34 Pedocows

Pedocows
  • Validating
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:58 AM

While druids are OP (diminished in the presence of prot healing paladins), prot paladin utility and viability outshines resto like none other.

Also, it takes ZERO EFFORT to get a hammer off on someone while getting off a cyclone as druid/warrior vs prot/dk is extremely difficult against a good team.

Oh hey, let's gib the DK, I'm going to cyclone the paladin. Nm hammered. Alright trinketing. Nm blanketsilence. Nm, deathgrip'd and mindfreeze.

So it's difficult to CC against a prot team, and almost impossible to oom one.

What do resto druids bring over prot paladins in 2's?

#35 PiecezTV

PiecezTV
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1147
  • 3v3: 1765
  • RBG: 576

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:59 AM

HoJ doesnt produce spell interrupt anymore.

LOL, sorry bro, stunning someone during a cast does actually stop them from finishing the spell. Thus it is an INTERRUPT on a 20 second CD from a healer, combined with the fact that its a freaking stun.

I'll grant you that it doesn't lock out any tree ANYMORE, but it most definitely can interrupt spells.

#36 fatdude

fatdude
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:03 AM

Okay, so the obvious answer here is to just hammer Paladins back into the ground and let Druids and Priests (and now Shamans too) reclaim their gladiator thrones. That is basically all I'm getting out of this thread.

#37 Lolburst

Lolburst
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:08 AM

I've played against prot/dk/war teams at 2600 and the paladin had no trouble healing. I definitely welcome this long needed change. I would have welcomed it 6 months ago though ;P

That's two seasons in a row paladins were GIVEN gladiator.

that still doesn't match the 3 seasons druids were given gladiator
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --

Albert Einstein

Origamicleave is easy to beat.

*puts on sunglasses*

It folds under pressure.

#38 Ryor

Ryor

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:10 AM

they weren't given gladiator, s5 paladins were

a lot of the teams that received gladiator s2-s4 with druids on them generally had a pretty good idea of what was going on the game and were not winning soley because they were druids (see paladins in s5 winning because they were paladins)
Posted Image

#39 Kulg

Kulg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:13 AM

Okay, so the obvious answer here is to just hammer Paladins back into the ground and let Druids and Priests (and now Shamans too) reclaim their gladiator thrones. That is basically all I'm getting out of this thread.

mother of god. I can't even begin.

#40 fatdude

fatdude
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:16 AM

So that makes what, 4 posts of yours in a row that contained nothing but hilarious insults? I don't think we'll be missing anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<